The next season of TUF,season 7.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
Forrest Griffin is set to be one of the coaches but who will be the other one who Forrest will fight after the season?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is Rampage. Forrest is not a #1 contender and TUF is starting to get ridiculous. So now we have to wait another 6 months before Rampage fights again.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
It is Rampage. Forrest is not a #1 contender and TUF is starting to get ridiculous. So now we have to wait another 6 months before Rampage fights again.
ridiculous?
I think its nice entertainment and they get nice fighters into the UFC,it will be real fun to watch Danzig from here in the light weight.
Forrest is a well rounded fighter and will sertain make a good coach to..

Thanks for the info on rampage being the other coach,that will be an interesting fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ridiculous?
I think its nice entertainment and they get nice fighters into the UFC,it will be real fun to watch Danzig from here in the light weight.
Forrest is a well rounded fighter and will sertain make a good coach to..

Thanks for the info on rampage being the other coach,that will be an interesting fight.
Yes, it is getting ridiculous. It holds up championship fights and the talent level is getting much, much smaller. It is only about entertainment instead of displaying good, young talent. For example, last season, Tyson Griffina and Cub Swanson were both cut, but Wayne Weems was selected. At this point, all of the really talented fighters have already made it into the UFC and it also neglects that the talent pool is much, much more broad than the US.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it is getting ridiculous. It holds up championship fights and the talent level is getting much, much smaller. It is only about entertainment instead of displaying good, young talent. For example, last season, Tyson Griffina and Cub Swanson were both cut, but Wayne Weems was selected. At this point, all of the really talented fighters have already made it into the UFC and it also neglects that the talent pool is much, much more broad than the US.
I see your point and have to say point taken there:eek:
You are absolutley right.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, when I heard Forrest was the "#1 Contender" I almost spit out my Crystal Light. There are about 3-4 people I would place above in that category.

And this pisses me off as well. In the time that it is going to take for this show to run its course, we could theoretically see two entertaining title bouts. I agree with Rodja "I Cling from Wanderlei's Nuts like Stallone in Cliffhanger" Greenrepenstein.

SupFatHead

Certified Travis
Awards
Dana said they are making a bunch of changes for season 7. I wonder what those are? I tend to agree with Rodja, but at least we will finally see Wandy vs Chuck (although a year late).

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I question Forrest's #1 contender status, but he did defeat Shogun, and Jardine was KO'd brutally by someone who was schooled by Thiago Silva. Seems like a Griffin/Jardine rematch is in order to determine #1.

Lightning

Awards

The show seems to be patterned after American Idol. They dont want all of the finalists to be the elite, which is sad. Its purely for entertainment value that they add throw-aways and fillers instead of deserving participants.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Rodja's 100% right. I'm sick of them delaying their most entertaining fighters from fighting. I guess they figure Rampage and Forrest are 2 of their most charismatic figthters so it will be entertaining.

Every "major announcement" by Dana is a letdown. The one exciting one Wand-Chuck never happened (at the time).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also really don't think that beating an injured Shogun gives you an automatic title shot. Now if he where to beat Chuck, Jardine, or even Thiago, then I would say he deserves it, but not now, especially when you consider that he is 3-2 in his last 5 fights.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There's no clear #1 contender right now, but I would say that it's Machida if he beats Sokoudju.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's no clear #1 contender right now, but I would say that it's Machida if he beats Sokoudju.
Those two would be a solid choice for a title shot, especially if Soko finishes Machida quickly.

I think that Thiago will get a shot within the next 15 months or so. It would be interesting to see if he is willing to fight Wand after he gets the LHW championship.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I also really don't think that beating an injured Shogun gives you an automatic title shot. Now if he where to beat Chuck, Jardine, or even Thiago, then I would say he deserves it, but not now, especially when you consider that he is 3-2 in his last 5 fights.
True, but I thought Forrest had a severely injured shoulder that required surgery prior to that fight too. The loss to Tito was very questionable. Tito dominated Rd. 1, but you could easily give 2&3 to Forrest. That leaves the Jardine fight, in which I thought Forrest was winning up until he got caught. I'd like to see a Jardine vs. Forrest rematch. I think Forrest would take it.

But, as you've said, TUF is all about entertainment, and I can't imagine that Jardine would be a very amusing coach. Forrest and Rampage would definitely make for the most entertaining sound bytes.

I'm sure you'd concur with the excitement I felt when I saw Wandy and thought that may be the announcement.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a huge Forrest fan and just dont see him as #2 behind Rampage. However, it is entertainment at this point, and they will be friggin hilarious as coaches, Rampage especially.

However, I would love to see (if Wand beats Chuck) Wand v. winner of Machida v. Soko. Wand v. Machida would be very interesting to me as those are the 2 I think will win

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The show seems to be patterned after American Idol. They dont want all of the finalists to be the elite, which is sad. Its purely for entertainment value that they add throw-aways and fillers instead of deserving participants.
gotta agree here. I mean no offesne to some of the guys but Hightower, Bowman, Price etc... cant cut it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
gotta agree here. I mean no offesne to some of the guys but Hightower, Bowman, Price etc... cant cut it.
How dare you rip Hightower? :FUfinger:
He's a legit threat to anyone and fashion icon. Don't tell you that don't throw your bill up on your cap these days.

;):twisted:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if this will affect Rampage's training too much? I mean, I think we could all say he has vastly improved since his Pride days under his new camp. Taking him away from learning to teach him might put a hamper in his curve. Thoughts?

SupFatHead

Certified Travis
Awards
I wonder if this will affect Rampage\'s training too much? I mean, I think we could all say he has vastly improved since his Pride days under his new camp. Taking him away from learning to teach him might put a hamper in his curve. Thoughts?
Thats a great point. I\'m sure we are all well aware that Rampage does not like the training aspect of mma....this certainly could encourage that even more.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage is hilarious, he'd make an entertaining coach, but I agree with Rodja, its BS to have to wait 6 extended months to watch him or any other good fighter, fight.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He's a legit threat to anyone and fashion icon. Don't tell you that don't throw your bill up on your cap these days.

Haha, awesome av. I may wear a hat Hightower style to work tomorrow just to see what happens:hammer::hammer:

Niko

Board Supporter
Awards
I read that Rampage is recovering from a broken hand. That's why the long wait for a LHW title fight.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
they better get all deserving guys. Fvck these stupid fill ins, i cant help but think of all the other MMA fighters out there that deserved a shot over freakin Bowman of all people. There were guys in there with one fight for fcks sake!

Forrest? cmon the guy doesnt deserve a title shot, are you kidding? Why because he is a fan favorite and a good candidate as a UFC poster boy? gimme a break.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Forrest beat an out of shape shogun. Shogun looked horrible and gassed badly... He used to fight 10 minute rounds, wtf?

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the show will affect Rampage. you figure the show is all pre-recorded and they have a couple months after filming before the finale. At least that's the way I understood it. If that's the case, Rampage should still have plenty of time when the show is done to train. It doesn't seem like Ibarra would let him slack in his training anyway.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Forrest and Page are both hilarious, so it might be entertaining, although I don't know if either one of them would be a good coach.

Forrest is sadly the number 1 contender. Machida should be, but he's climbing an uphill mountain to prove it.

I'm kind of sick of TUF. I'd like it to happen only once a year.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sadly no its 2x a year. They start filming the next one in January. Hopefully some decent MW's are there, as that weight is empty now besides Anderson, and Hendo

tattoopierced1

i'd rather see Wandy and Rampage as coaches... seeing as they have some past blood it could make for an entertaining season...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd rather see Wandy and Rampage as coaches... seeing as they have some past blood it could make for an entertaining season...
i wouldnt want to see that demonic face of wanderlei every episode. Sorry that would be quite freaky.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
plus wandys english is not goin to make him a coach. forrest is an easier sell

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt want to see that demonic face of wanderlei every episode. Sorry that would be quite freaky.
Blasphemy. You better not let Rodja see this comment, or you'll soon be in a flying cockbar.

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards

I cant say i share that i share the same thoughts... but hightower did suprise me..... he came out swinging hard in his fights..... he just needs to train alot more.... he got tired way too quickly