Cro-Cop

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Talk about a turnaround! This guy looked untouchable last year, and now he loses two fights in a row to highly unfavored competitors....whats the deal with this guy?

He was always my favorite fighter, but it looked like he was fighting for a decision out there. He seemed satisfied to sit back and get tossed around for three rounds

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe he should go back to Japan, where the competition is easier :D

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
OK, first off, CC is not favored in both fights. He was in the Gonzaga one a bit. This fight, Congo, wow. I know Congo has the MT and din't use it to much. Just the genarl physique of him puts CC i nan akward place. The height & Strength. I don't know what you mean tossed around 3 rounds. The first round he was controlling the oct and then the 2nd was ify casue CC started backing and ground came into play. then 3rd he got owned.
CC is in a different world in the US.

I must say though. The rampage fight went far from what i expected...darn Grecko...

I just can't wait for the hughes vs Serra fight and Spider vs ACE

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea, you want to talk about turn around. How about the Bisping decision? What your take on that?I wanted Bisping but i was expecting Hamill to pull the decision.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Maybe he should go back to Japan, where the competition is easier :D
No way, I've seen CroCop beat world class athletes with ease...The past two fights he's looked totally different from his dominant days. He used to look so confident and attack with ferocity. Now he looks like he's lost his confidence

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
OK, first off, CC is not favored in both fights. He was in the Gonzaga one a bit. This fight, Congo, wow. I know Congo has the MT and din't use it to much. Just the genarl physique of him puts CC i nan akward place. The height & Strength. I don't know what you mean tossed around 3 rounds. The first round he was controlling the oct and then the 2nd was ify casue CC started backing and ground came into play. then 3rd he got owned.

I must say though. The rampage fight went far from what i expected...darn Grecko...

I understand he was outsized and the height made his kick difficult, but we all saw him vs. alexander emelianenko - it didn't seem as much of a problem then.

If crocop won the first round - which could be argued - it wasn't by much. Then he proceeded to let Kongo conduct the fight just as he pleased. CroCop spent probably 75% of the fight walking backwards, and probably threw in the ballpark of 8 blows the entire bout :think:

I had Hendo favored to beat Rampage too....Rampage looked excellent out there and it looks like he's taking the title very seriously.

I can't wait to see shogun come to the octagon!

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh yea, you want to talk about turn around. How about the Bisping decision? What your take on that?I wanted Bisping but i was expecting Hamill to pull the decision.
Exactly the same with me. At first I thought I wanted Hamill to win because of his obvious effort to overcome his disability (and that he's from the US), but I then suddenly wanted to see Bisping win. He's in front of his home audience (partially responsible for his win IMO) and also the way Hamill reportedly conducted himself (calling bisping out and bad mouthing him in interviews and online etc) really made me want to see Bisping win.

At the end of the fight, I knew it was close but I expected Hamill to win. I was shocked but I guess pleased in a way that Bisping got the vote. He's lucky the fight was in London :D

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Cro-Cop won the first round. He lost the second round, but got hit in the sack repeatedly in the 3rd round which should take a point from kongo either making it a Draw, or NC.

Cro Cop lost, but he is not himself, and needed alot more time off to recoup. Mcarthy was not ref'in properly when kongo held him against the cage for minutes at a time to waste time. He should have broken them up quickly. Cro Cop would have had alot more to time setup the high kick and throw combos. Kongo was doing alot of back peddling and all he did was throw a left straight then right high or side kick. That was like his only combo.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

What the hells going on around here today? You don't think CC was favored in his last 2 fights? Wow. Crocop was favored greatly in both fights. Congo wasn't even top 20 before they fought.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What the hells going on around here today? You don't think CC was favored in his last 2 fights? Wow. Crocop was favored greatly in both fights. Congo wasn't even top 20 before they fought.
Thats what I thought...

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No way, I've seen CroCop beat world class athletes with ease...The past two fights he's looked totally different from his dominant days. He used to look so confident and attack with ferocity. Now he looks like he's lost his confidence
I was clearly making a joke ala Chris Leben's comments on Anderson Silva.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Oddsmakers had CC at around -450 in the Gonzaga fight (81.8% chance of winning) and around -410 against Kongo (80.3%), heavily favored.

For comparsion, Rampage was around -125 last night (55.5%), that's dead even, and the largest odds I've seen lately in the UFC was -950 (90.4%) for GSP versus Serra.

The UFC probably thought that matching him with a striker was good for him, someone that could'nt easily finish him on the ground, but in reality it was a bad one, because he's lost a lot of skill he had earlier in his career when he was fresh from K-1, that also hurt his confidence in facing a guy who around #30 rank out of the top #100 K-1 guys, and that is better than Mirko is right now.

He was not exposed earlier versus a top level striker because he fought Igor V and Aleks E while still fairly fresh, neither of those two are elite level strikers and Mark Hunt later, who was never a top offensively skilled K-1 fighter, his granite chin kept him in fights till his ok but not great offense could prevail.

Kongo would have done more damage to CC if that was a strike only match, he had to be careful with his still new ground skills having watched Mirko GNP Josh Barnett in the Pride OWGP.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'll play devil's advocate for minute, Rogue. Elite in K-1 is totally different than elite striker in MMA. Kongo used the fence to neutralize CC and bang him up in the clinch. That's not from K-1. Hell, Kongo even took, Mr. best takedown defense, to the mat and CC didn't do a great job of getting up.

If CC doesn't have good standup skills anymore, his great takedown defense is gone, he no longer knows how to avoid the clinch, and his ground game is still only good enough to neutralize a fairly clueless top-side opponent's offense, then what skills does he have now? What the hell has he been training in the last year since he won the OWGP?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I'll play devil's advocate for minute, Rogue. Elite in K-1 is totally different than elite striker in MMA. Kongo used the fence to neutralize CC and bang him up in the clinch. That's not from K-1. Hell, Kongo even took, Mr. best takedown defense, to the mat and CC didn't do a great job of getting up.

If CC doesn't have good standup skills anymore, his great takedown defense is gone, he no longer knows how to avoid the clinch, and his ground game is still only good enough to neutralize a fairly clueless top-side opponent's offense, then what skills does he have now? What the hell has he been training in the last year since he won the OWGP?
Thats what i mean. You guys can go by the %'s all yo uwant and whatever that shows. But look at it in a common sense way off the basic ideasfo how a fighter fights. CC-patient, sudden offesne- slow to counter-moderate/neutralizing ground game- gets nerve racked fairly easily, but not quickly.
Congo - all around strength-quick to defend-strong straight forward offense- does not retreat-good ground/clinch skills.
It just sucks sometimes, its like when Gonzoga panicked, threw a few of his "lucky" hiogh kicks, barley phased couture.

Rampage suprised me on the gorund, holding and slowly advancing positions. Hendo is very very well rounded and strong.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
It's MMA, not Kickboxing or Muay Thai, Kongo's speciality, so maybe Cheick takes a page from Couture's book, he clinches a potentially dangerous striker and ground man to gain points with knees, that's MT, and basically stalls till he can get a restart back to his forte, outer range striking. That would be CK's forte, obviously, not Randy's.

Kongo took CC down on a leg grab, I don't think he shot, CC was previously very effective at nullifying a wrestling shoot with his great sprawl, but, if I'm remembering correctly, that did'nt come into play last night.

I think it's Kongo using a better strategy and it could very well be, I believe it is, to a great degree, the Arlovski syndrome, the skills are still there, but Mirko has lost confidence in them, he's afraid to pull the trigger and he's fighting to not lose, not fighting to win, a big difference.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
It's MMA, not Kickboxing or Muay Thai, Kongo's speciality, so maybe Cheick takes a page from Couture's book, he clinches a potentially dangerous striker and ground man to gain points with knees, that's MT, and basically stalls till he can get a restart back to his forte, outer range striking.

Kongo took CC down on a leg grab, I don't think he shot, CC was previously very effective at nullifying a wrestling shoot with his great sprawl, but, if I'm remembering correctly, that did'nt come into play last night.

I think it's Kongo using a better strategy and it could very well be, I believe it is, to a great degree, the Arlovski syndrome, the skills are still there, but Mirko has lost confidence in them, he's afraid to pull the trigger.
agreed. CC seems far to heistant to be on the prowl all the time. He was taken down on a leg kick that got grabbed and then shoved backward. Yes, congo is MT & Kickboxing and it shows when he did hold to the fence. Thats what i mean.
Anyone % can be shut down and thrown out when a fighter no matter how good is taken out of his element/plan. i.e. Koschek shut out from wrestling by GSP. Yes, GSP will always be the man and Silva is to much for franklin at this point. That rematch is goin to be sic though.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It's MMA, not Kickboxing or Muay Thai, Kongo's speciality, so maybe Cheick takes a page from Couture's book, he clinches a potentially dangerous striker and ground man to gain points with knees, that's MT, and basically stalls till he can get a restart back to his forte, outer range striking.

I think it's Kongo using a better strategy and it could very well be, I believe it is, to a great degree, the Arlovski syndrome, the skills are still there, but Mirko has lost confidence in them, he's afraid to pull the trigger and he's fighting to not lose, not fighting to win, a big difference.
I thought it was a trip takedown, but you may be right. I guess I'm just bitter about so many of my favorites being mentally shattered at the moment: CC, AA, Wandy,....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Thats what i mean. You guys can go by the %'s all yo uwant and whatever that shows. But look at it in a common sense way off the basic ideasfo how a fighter fights. CC-patient, sudden offesne- slow to counter-moderate/neutralizing ground game- gets nerve racked fairly easily, but not quickly.
Congo - all around strength-quick to defend-strong straight forward offense- does not retreat-good ground/clinch skills.
It just sucks sometimes, its like when Gonzoga panicked, threw a few of his "lucky" hiogh kicks, barley phased couture.

Rampage suprised me on the gorund, holding and slowly advancing positions. Hendo is very very well rounded and strong.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, styles make fights, but against Gonzaga and even moreso Kongo, CC's "style" was definitely favored to pick up the win. Favorites are favorites whether you like it or not. With your knowledge of styles and how they match-up, you should gamble. You could've made a lot off of CC's last 2 fights, since you thought he would lose both, right?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I did'nt mean to imply that Couture was stalling versus Gonzaga, I meant that both he and Kongo were looking to nullify their opponent and gain points with a clinch and knees, then transition, Kongo to a restart and Couture was to take Gonzagy down, a wrestler on top to work a BJJ guy on the bottom.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I get what you're saying, styles make fights, but against Gonzaga and even moreso Kongo, CC's "style" was definitely favored to pick up the win. Favorites are favorites whether you like it or not. With your knowledge of styles and how they match-up, you should gamble. You could've made a lot off of CC's last 2 fights, since you thought he would lose both, right?
No. I thought he would be able to beat Gonzaga. I did not think he would Congo. I guess i just "over analyze" I actually called how the GSP-Koscheck fight was going to go pre-firght. I hate doing that but my friends love kos and i got pissed and i told them he was losing and why. I can completly understrand the power and intensity of CC. He was the first fighter i really payed attention to in Pride. It just bothers me to almost watch him at his downfall. I really am behind him though and hope he can make do with the 6 of his fights he has left(i think he isgned for 8 right?)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No. I thought he would be able to beat Gonzaga. I did not think he would Congo. I guess i just "over analyze" I actually called how the GSP-Koscheck fight was going to go pre-firght. I hate doing that but my friends love kos and i got pissed and i told them he was losing and why. I can completly understrand the power and intensity of CC. He was the first fighter i really payed attention to in Pride. It just bothers me to almost watch him at his downfall. I really am behind him though and hope he can make do with the 6 of his fights he has left(i think he isgned for 8 right?)
If you're able to call a lot of fights, you should invest your money/gamble, or at the very least you should get in on these picks contests to see how you fair. I thought CC had a 4 fight contract, with 2 remaining, but maybe he renegotiated?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
There were some great fights. Both Congo and Jackson have improved alot. I didn't realize the size difference between CroCop and Congo.

I didn't even see the Bisping/Hamill fight. Shame on me lol, I was watching LSU romp VT. Anyway Congo and Jackson gets alot of props from me.

Houston Alexander is a beast as well. Damn dude is thick. I wished they would have shown the Silva fight though.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
If you're able to call a lot of fights, you should invest your money/gamble, or at the very least you should get in on these picks contests to see how you fair. I thought CC had a 4 fight contract, with 2 remaining, but maybe he renegotiated?

I bet with friends sometimes. I usually pass on the stuff on here just casue. Maybe i will start gettin more involved here. I like MMA alot and i find it easy for me to keep up with.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I bet with friends sometimes. I usually pass on the stuff on here just casue. Maybe i will start gettin more involved here. I like MMA alot and i find it easy for me to keep up with.
I will never bet for real money. I have bet on 14 fights for $10 each time. I have lost 13 times:sad: Infact I owe him 10 for the Page/Hendo fight. Dang!!!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I will never bet for real money. I have bet on 14 fights for $10 each time. I have lost 13 times:sad: Infact I owe him 10 for the Page/Hendo fight. Dang!!!
Sounds like too much time spent watching Fight Girlz and not enough watching the real stuff. Of course, I don't blame you... (Gina's fighting this weekend:chick: )

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like too much time spent watching Fight Girlz and not enough watching the real stuff. Of course, I don't blame you... (Gina's fighting this weekend:chick: )
LOL, I haven;t seen that show since we last talked about it. Does it still come on? Damn that show was hot! Gina is hot!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I haven't either, but my gf said it ended a while back.

I probably shouldn't have sidetracked the MMA discussion tonight since there's a lot to talk about.

Niko

Board Supporter
Awards
Looks like Cro-Cop is a shot fighter. I don't think he was fighting to win a decision but he instead looked scared. Cheit was throwing kicks to the body and CC was blocking his head and flinching backwards. A very bad sign.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
UFCjunkie was suggesting Mirko should be forced to drop to 205, or else his contract should be auctioned off to a Japanese org. I think it makes sense. Mirko really is too small to fight at HW in the cage. I think Vera will end up finding the same thing. Getting clinched against the ropes is very different than ending up against the cage. The cage is less forgiving, and I think that is where CC suffered the most damage. Those knees seemed to take his drive away. CC actually had a pretty good first round. Training in a cage is great, but who prepared him for what he faced against the fence???? Yvel? Remy? Lister? Nobody!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
UFCjunkie was suggesting Mirko should be forced to drop to 205, or else his contract should be auctioned off to a Japanese org. I think it makes sense. Mirko really is too small to fight at HW in the cage. I think Vera will end up finding the same thing. Getting clinched against the ropes is very different than ending up against the cage. The cage is less forgiving, and I think that is where CC suffered the most damage. Those knees seemed to take his drive away. CC actually had a pretty good first round. Training in a cage is great, but who prepared him for what he faced against the fence???? Yvel? Remy? Lister? Nobody!
Agreed. HE should drop down, he would benifit fomr more "athleticism", endurance, strength/leaner. Maybe even throw that kick a bit quicker.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
The CroCop we saw in round 1 was the one I was expecting to see throughout. He was backing Kongo up the whole time and looked great. Then it all went to $hit. Supposdly he broke a rib in the first round.

By the way, how many nutshots did CC take from Kongo before Kongo even got warned or anything? CC should have pulled a Matt Hughes and just made a huge wince/yell every time he took a shot to the nads.

It's no excuse for his loss obviously, b/c if Kongo broke his rib then that's just smart and effective fighting.

I hope Big Nog isn't as big as letdown.

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
I was surprised bisping won, I really think hammil should have got the fight, seriously.

Now the rampage vs henderson fight was great.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think CC got hit w/ about 5 low knees over the course of the fight. This should have been addressed with a point deduction. I had CC winning the first. He clearly looked like ****, but the more I think about it, it should have been a draw with a point deduction from Congo.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I think CC got hit w/ about 5 low knees over the course of the fight. This should have been addressed with a point deduction. I had CC winning the first. He clearly looked like ****, but the more I think about it, it should have been a draw with a point deduction from Congo.
Ya, I don't want to make excuses for CC, but I honestly can't believe that Big John didn't warn Kongo earlier. Perhaps b/c the first few times it happend, CC didn't react much to it. And if he did warn him, why he didn't take a point away after he did it again and he had to stop the fight. He took a point from Tito for grabbing the fence so he's not scared to do it. I also think it was

RD1 - 10/9 CroCop
RD2 - 10/9 Kongo with a warning for low blow
RD3 - 9/9 b/c of the deduction

Result 28-28 Draw - That being said, it was still clear that in reality Kongo won that fight but if you want to get technical about it and go strictly by points I also have it a draw.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I agree that Congo "won", but how much of an effect did those low blows have? I need to watch it again, b/c I think it started in the 2nd, the same time that CC's performance plummeted. Congo probably still would have beaten this traumatized CC, but I think all angles should be considered in this.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Lots of surprises for me personally. I saw a more conclusive ending to the main event, with either/or winning. I was wrong, Hendo adapted to the cage well and Ramp looks better than ever. Two very strong men.

Frankly, I thought Matt Hamill OWNED Bisping throughout, and easily had the decision. I thought that was bullsh*t, but what do you expect as a hometown favorite?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Lots of surprises for me personally. I saw a more conclusive ending to the main event, with either/or winning. I was wrong, Hendo adapted to the cage well and Ramp looks better than ever. Two very strong men.

Frankly, I thought Matt Hamill OWNED Bisping throughout, and easily had the decision. I thought that was bullsh*t, but what do you expect as a hometown favorite?
Ok, no he did not own him. It was far from black and white. Bisping picked his punches 70% of the time casue Hamillwould just cover up. His counter were slow and easily read, especially from and ex golden glove. Bisping was not kept on the ground and got up ALMOST as he wanted to but it seemed like hamill was letting it happen and tryin to beat bisping at "his own game."

I understand alot of people get behind Hamill due to his handicap, and i think he is a great wrestler/fighter taking that into consideration. Bisping is cocky and arogant but also backs it up. Hamill was the one talking all the crap and calling him out, for someone to do that, it din't seem like he was very ready.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Ok, no he did not own him. It was far from black and white. Bisping picked his punches 70% of the time casue Hamillwould just cover up. His counter were slow and easily read, especially from and ex golden glove. Bisping was not kept on the ground and got up ALMOST as he wanted to but it seemed like hamill was letting it happen and tryin to beat bisping at "his own game."

I understand alot of people get behind Hamill due to his handicap, and i think he is a great wrestler/fighter taking that into consideration. Bisping is cocky and arogant but also backs it up. Hamill was the one talking all the crap and calling him out, for someone to do that, it din't seem like he was very ready.

I guess I just don't remember it going down quite like that, and I'd have to review it again to really discuss it thoroughly. Upon hearing the decision, I was pretty surprised, and not because the handicapped guy lost. Perhaps it was just personal opinion and I need to look at it more objectively, perhaps not. I don't really have a bias towards either fighter, and in fact, was 100% sure Bisping was going to dispatch Hamill fairly easily because I have been very impressed with the Brit.

STILL, it is clear from a lot of the responses here that I am not the only one who feels this way, and I do not believe I am too far off the mark here.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

On the show I liked Bisping much better than Hamill. Hamill seemed like an OK guy, but he seemed to want to use his handicap as a free pass in a lot of situations, which maybe he deserves to some extent. My point is, I wanted Bisping to win the fight, even with my slight bias I could see that Bisping lost, and then the comments after just made him look bad. IMO, he made those comments out of frustration because he knew he lost. I still like Bisping, but not when he acts like an idiot, and not at 205. Although, Hamill is so strong he'll make most guys at 205 look weak, is retard strength politically incorrect?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
He's not retarded firsgt off. He had a near death experience at a younf age if i remmeber correct. Even if he is "challenged" yes that is something to look into, he also wrestled for a long time.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He's not retarded firsgt off. He had a near death experience at a younf age if i remmeber correct. Even if he is "challenged" yes that is something to look into, he also wrestled for a long time.
Yeah, but I know somebody that might be. It was a joke, obviously he's not retarded, he's deaf. It's something to look into, he wrestled for a long time? OK.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I know somebody that might be. It was a joke, obviously he's not retarded, he's deaf. It's something to look into, he wrestled for a long time? OK.
What? you know someone that might be? Anyways, i wasn't tryint o give you a hard time. Yea i thought i remember them sayin he had wrestled for awhile...i know that is what they pride him on alot. I dont like when it seems like he uses his situationt o "win people" over. We get it, he has a more difficult time, but yet everyone rants about how he has overcome it so well. My dads brther was "retarded" and i grew up used to it so that is why it may not seem like an issue for me....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What? you know someone that might be? Anyways, i wasn't tryint o give you a hard time. Yea i thought i remember them sayin he had wrestled for awhile...i know that is what they pride him on alot. I dont like when it seems like he uses his situationt o "win people" over. We get it, he has a more difficult time, but yet everyone rants about how he has overcome it so well. My dads brther was "retarded" and i grew up used to it so that is why it may not seem like an issue for me....
Yeah, it was probably a pretty bad joke. Hamill is obviously not retarded, he just can't hear, which makes him sound funny when speaking. Hamill was an excellent D3 wrestler, but had he been able to hear I imagine he could've been a good D1 wrestler. He busted Bisping up pretty good with that front headlock, uppercut routine.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
The impression I have is that Bisping, going into this fight, was the more respected and liked of the two, that Hamill was a boring LNPer who was a irritating Sandwich and "Whooo" gimp on TUF who could'nt throw or take a punch.

The fight itself was'nt very conclusive, neither did much damage to the other. The fans generally perceived Hamill as the victor because of the takedowns, which he did'nt do anything with, and his being generally in control throughout the fight.

By the rules of MMA scoring, maybe Bisping did win on points, hard to say, since Hamill kept letting him up and the two throwing punches with a low hit rate.

I could run my own Compubox on it, but I don't care enough.

Now Bisping is perceived as an ahole for being a sore and undeserving winner, which he compounded in the press conference afterwards, and Hamill is looking like the gracious loser for accepting the perceived incorrect decision and has more skill than people generally thought.

Personally, I don't think much of either, neither has top flight skills in any area right now.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
And I had forgotten about those damn whooo's. I did remember Bad Ass Abbadi fixing him sandwiches and catering to him. I think Hamill is a nice guy, just inconsiderate. A lot of fights are close and somewhat inconclusive, but I don't think it was that close. I think Hamill won the first 2 rounds, and Bisping won the 3rd. Hamill also had more control and did more visible damage. I don't think much of either, but Bisping could and should go to 185 where he won't get overpowered, as much. Oh, and I think Hamill can definitely take a punch, when he's wobbly it's cause he's tired not rocked.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
by the way MentalTwitch, I'm sure Alexander didn't mean anything by the retard strength comment. I laughed b/c that term has been used quite a bit in MMA commentary, especially by Joe Rogan himself right on the UFC PPV and everything. I found it more of a funny joke on Rogan's overanxious and odd commentary jokes than a real dig on Hammil.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Can't Hamill take a punch or is it that Bisping hits light?

I'll give Hamill credit for covering better than most, when he choose to keep his hands up, either he had no respect for Bisping's striking by wading in/hands down or else he has a dangerous sloppy style of defense.

I think he probably can take a punch well, and it was a matter of feeling confident in that ability versus Bisping, but I don't really know until he fights someone else.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
by the way MentalTwitch, I'm sure Alexander didn't mean anything by the retard strength comment. I laughed b/c that term has been used quite a bit in MMA commentary, especially by Joe Rogan himself right on the UFC PPV and everything. I found it more of a funny joke on Rogan's overanxious and odd commentary jokes than a real dig on Hammil.

Oh no really its no big deal guys. I have said it once or twice in the past. I understand you guys were kidding around. Seriously though appreciate it but no worries.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. I remember Rogan using it a few times, definitely in the Mayhem/St-Pierre fight, referring to Mayhem. I wasn't trying to dig on Hamill at all. I'm bothered by his personality, not because he can't hear. I would never actually make fun of someone that was retarded/handicapped, only obnoxious a*sholes that think they're the sh*t.