Jenz vs BJ

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
who do we think is gonna rock the fight on saturday!!!! I'm goin with Jenz......fukc Bj...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hilo Boy will dominate Jens. Jens has KO power, a punchers chance, and thats about it. BJ is pretty much better at everything.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BJ is going to whoop Jens. Straight cover him in pwnsauce.

I think it has the potential to get really ugly.

Jens seems to be well past his prime. He's not built like he used to be and he doesn't move like he used to. BJ, on the other hand, is still The Prodigy.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Jens hasn't really looked great lately. It would be hard to pick him, and his chin ain't that great. BJ by whatever he wants. I actually haven't seen the entire first fight, though, just highlights, but I don't think either is really the same fighter.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bj totally let himself go though..he looks nothing like he did in the first fight at all!!!!....i hope jens scrubs his fat a$$........

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
bj totally let himself go though..he looks nothing like he did in the first fight at all!!!!....i hope jens scrubs his fat a$$........
The fat BJ has also made Hughes and GSP look pretty bad (until he gassed/got injured). 155 is his natural weight class so hopefully he'll appear to be in better shape.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
after sat night bring the braggin rights....i know i will :twisted: bwahahahahahahaha

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
if you look at the new ads for the fight you can definately see that bj and jens are in MUCH better shape just by their faces. Plus its obvious duting the show they were past 170 easy. BJ in my opinion could beat anyone at 155, hell prob 170 too if he would just get his ass on a treadmill and get his cardio up to par. The dude is insanely skilled, he so would of smashed hughes if he didn't gas out so damn fast. And he came damn close to beating GSP in ****ty shape.

Oh and the UFC can kiss my ass for charging $40 for an event with no title fight and a lack luster card in the first place like they did with the last event.. 71 was it? anyway i just think that was bull****.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you look at the new ads for the fight you can definately see that bj and jens are in MUCH better shape just by their faces. Plus its obvious duting the show they were past 170 easy. BJ in my opinion could beat anyone at 155, hell prob 170 too if he would just get his ass on a treadmill and get his cardio up to par. The dude is insanely skilled, he so would of smashed hughes if he didn't gas out so damn fast. And he came damn close to beating GSP in ****ty shape.

Oh and the UFC can kiss my ass for charging $40 for an event with no title fight and a lack luster card in the first place like they did with the last event.. 71 was it? anyway i just think that was bull****.
Jens will kill him.....................he's a fukcin nutty little fukcer!!!!!!!!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
My respect for Jens definitely grew from seeing him as a coach, but I don't think he has anything for BJ. BJ seems to have a good chin. The only loss by strikes on his record is to Hughes, and that was just a matter of busted ribs and a trapped arm. Strikes are the only means to beating BJ that Jens has. I have to go with BJ on this one.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
I want Jens to win....

If he can manage to stave off BJ's takedowns, he probably will. If BJ gets him to the ground, it's probably over.. :(

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
BJ is supposed to be in really great shape for this fight, but well see.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I want Jens, but think BJ's going to take it.
I agree.

The Spike TV bit shown earlier this week "Bad Blood" suggests both are in excellent shape and highly motivated, assuming so, there's no way I can pick Jenz as the probable winner.

It's all right, a winning BJ puts him on the right track to go after Sherk, Franca? in the UFC and Jens winning or losing, maybe, has him going to the featherweight division of the WEC.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Hilo Boy will dominate Jens. Jens has KO power, a punchers chance, and thats about it. BJ is pretty much better at everything.
This is a smart man^ I agree BJ is one of the best fighters around. Sick JJ, good strikes, the only thing is that he gasses to fast.

I pick BJ by Sub 2nd. 2:25.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jens,Jens,Jens,Jens......it's gonna happen i'm tellin ya

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. I like Jens, but Tdog, I think you're lining yourself up for a big disappointment.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Jens,Jens,Jens,Jens......it's gonna happen i'm tellin ya
If Jens wins everyone one of us will look stupid lol and TD will look like a genius lol.

But that happening is slim lol

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. I like Jens, but Tdog, I think you're lining yourself up for a big disappointment.
dude back in the day marsha was a hot piece of a$$...id do her....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Jens wins everyone one of us will look stupid lol and TD will look like a genius lol.

yep yep,true true.....god i cant wait for the brag fest..hahah

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

I hope the damn upset trend doesn't continue Saturday.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, hell yeah. How about now, have you seen her on the Celebrity Fit Club? Nice woman.
haha i saw that sh*t last night....dude screech is the man for fuc*in with everyone..haha,and ya marsha would get the rug burn....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about the other fight with manny and the diaz kid

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
what about the other fight with manny and the diaz kid
That should be a good fight. I'm pulling for Diaz, even though he acts like an idiot sometimes. There should be some good fights that night.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
That should be a good fight. I'm pulling for Diaz, even though he acts like an idiot sometimes. There should be some good fights that night.
I like both fighters but I am going with Diaz as well. He should be a great fighter like his brother.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like both fighters but I am going with Diaz as well. He should be a great fighter like his brother.
ya for real fukc manny that little *****...dude is like 4 feet tall.......DIAZ,JENS............let it be known....:head:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established

Depends on how Jens wins. If he "Quarries" BJ with a single shot, that was a possibility we BJ pickers would forecast as possible, but if he beats Penn round for round then yes, TD called it and we were wrong.

If I was Jens Pulver v BJ or Phil Baroni v Shamrock, that would be my strategy, straight punch to the inside immediately and end it ASAP. IMO, the longer either of these fights go, the more likely my opponent's wider skillset will prevail. Both of these guys have their best chance of winning on inside slugging and possibly GNP when they are fresh.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Bad Blood: B.J. Penn vs. Jens Pulver debuted earlier this week and did a solid job of prepping newer fans for for tomorrow’s main-event bout between the two MMA legends.

If you don’t want to wait to catch the replay, you can watch the entire episode — free of commercials — at Yahoo! Sports. When finished, click on the “Mixed Martial Arts” tab for additional UFC and MMA video content

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=3118887

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bad Blood: B.J. Penn vs. Jens Pulver debuted earlier this week and did a solid job of prepping newer fans for for tomorrow’s main-event bout between the two MMA legends.

If you don’t want to wait to catch the replay, you can watch the entire episode — free of commercials — at Yahoo! Sports. When finished, click on the “Mixed Martial Arts” tab for additional UFC and MMA video content

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=3118887
reps for a great link,even tho i saw that last night...i'm watching it again tho,,haha.....JENS BABY!!!!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Of course, Manny also acts like an idiot sometimes, as does his cousin Karo! There is nothing wrong with talking smack, but they make themselves look like idiots. There sh1t talking is still in the amateur leagues, even if there fighting is beyond. That includes Karo. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I WILL KILL YOU!"

Ok, douche!

I was a big Karo fan until I saw him on TUF. I read an interview where he basically disrespected every guy he ever fought, but I assumed it was just silliness. Now I think I want him to lose every fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Of course, Manny also acts like an idiot sometimes, as does his cousin Karo! There is nothing wrong with talking smack, but they make themselves look like idiots. There sh1t talking is still in the amateur leagues, even if there fighting is beyond. That includes Karo. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I WILL KILL YOU!"

Ok, douche!

I was a big Karo fan until I saw him on TUF. I read an interview where he basically disrespected every guy he ever fought, but I assumed it was just silliness. Now I think I want him to lose every fight.
They haven't learned the art of the smacktalk a la Ken "I'm going to beat you into the living death" Shamrock.

TUF has a weird habit of making very likeable and marketable fighters look bad, Hughes, Franklin, Karo,.... Seems like a dumb marketing scheme by the UFC if you ask me. The drama is lame, focus on the fights. Honestly, I don't care that much if Karo and Hughes say stupid ****, I'll still admire them for their performance in the cage.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I admire there skills, I just don't want to see them win.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Ok, douche!

Yeah, I agree, Karo looked like a real ass to me on that episode. If I was in Nick's position I would have gotten pissed too. Karo was clearly trying to disrespect him in some passive aggressive manner. I wouldn't mind seeing him get his ass kicked, although I do love to watch him fight. I'll just watch the gif of Diego knocking his tooth out over and over.

texxlnghorn

Awards
I'm not really sure, who's going to win. Could be another decison, but i do think it will be a HELL of a fight.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
If I had to predict
Penn over Pulver sub late rd 1
Manny over Nate UD (possible LnP)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Jens weighed in at 152. If he loses, he should definitely move to featherweight in the WEC, IMO. Melendez missed weight, they wouldn't let him cut the last pound to make the 156 allowance for medical reasons. He is a massive 155er, or 157er...

I'm going to pick BJ to absolutely dominate and win in the first in embarrassing fashion.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im fukcin psyced for the fight tonight......this sh*t is gonna be hawtt :woohoo:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Me too, bro.

Here's to a good long fight, hoping it's not over too fast and MMA in general, tides me over to football season :cheers:

Oh, and **** Baseball and Nascar,boooooorrrrrriiiiiing. :nutkick:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think this is gonna end quickly, lil evil is gonna get punished, sorry tripster!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dam if jens wins i'm gonna talk soooooooooooooooooooooooo much **** it's not even funny. I hope manny gets beat into a bloody mess.....GO JENS....FUKC MANNY,FUKC BJ.....bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I will get in on this.

I think that BJ wins early and Manny takes it late

Brother

Brother

Awards
Im goin with Totality on this one.... Jens has that trailer park punchers chance though.

Manny will not get submitted and Nate cant puch like Nick so it will be a boring G&P

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Betcha Roger Huerta wastes this dude, yeah?

Edit - His opponent is a lot stronger than he looks :think:

Double Edit - Crickets Chirping,.........