aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
all i have to say is this: GOD DAMNIT! I can't stand BJ

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
This was by far the best UFN. Alot of great fights. I was disappointed that Manny got hurt they was shaping up to be a great fight.

Well BJ looked great and I liked how he held on for a few secs and then hugged Pulver.

Maynard pissed me off though, very bad sportsmanship although he should have got the win like Hughes v Newton.

Great fights. Def looking forward to july 7th.

Big Nog
Spider vs Nate
Sherk vs Franca

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Domination by Penn, as predicted. Jens is a great guy though, and put up a good fight. He really is too small for 155, can't wait to see him at 145 where he belongs. I wish BJ would stay at 155 and fight Sherk, but it's not likely.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What a disappointment in the finale- Nate wins by default. I felt really bad for Manny.

Jens did much better than I thought he would. For him to get out of that arm bar and reverse BJ was amazing, but yeah, when BJ is in shape, he's too much for just about anybody to handle. Good luck to Jens at 145.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Savage, you have 50 grand to bet on Sherk/Penn, who do you take?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good fight....jens will be awsome at 145,bj did a great job.I don't know how jens got out of those early submissions??

whats up with gray maynard...what a fukcin pu*sy to cry like that to joe rogan....on LIVE TV....what a homo..he looked like a complete a$$...fukc him

I was happiest to see manny loose....little *****...fukc him and his a$$hole cousin

I kinda knew inside bj would win....every person i asked about this fight all went with bj,then everyone on here said the same.......Jens is a good fighter tho

Oh yea,...fukc manny....

Tall joe with the ears did awsome too...best fights i never paid for

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That was a good night of fights. Evans looked pretty good against Huerta for a while. Gray-Emerson was a good fight too. I feel bad that Gray didn't get the win after dominating, but the NC was justified and he should have shut his mouth.

You guys already said everything else.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Damn man, you're really putting me on the spot here.

Though it really pains me so, I'd have to lean towards Penn. It's a really tough fight for Sherk- he'd have a hard time taking him down, Penn can easily stand with him, and if there's anybody who can submit Sherk, it's Penn.

BUT- I dunno. I'd have to think about it more to be sure. I could see that one going either way. Sherk's cardio could very well wear Penn the f*ck out.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alex, you've just given me an idea as to where to park our excess cash reserves so that they can be earning a return...!

J/k of course. Par would kill me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am very glad to see BJ get back on the winning track and that Jens is dropping to 145. He is too small to compete with the LWs today.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I would love to see Penn stay at 155 where he belongs. I think he is the only guy they have who can beat Sherk

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I got so pissed off at how early they called that one fight, though I can't remember who was in it. It was right before the main event, I believe. I didn't even watch the main event, I was so disgusted with the half ass fight outcomes. They called the one fight early, one dude knocked himself out but STILL should have won IMHO, and another dude got injured in the main contest fight. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the show, but I just wasn't diggin' all the contraversy. I guess I should have watched the last one though, I would have liked to see BJ win. I guess too much RPM has made me testy...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
who do we think is gonna rock the fight on saturday!!!! I'm goin with Jenz......fukc Bj...
hahahahaha fvck you!!! :FUfinger: BRAH!

:whiner: dont mess with BJ, local boyz bang, dude had it coming and he knew it. BJ did more damage standing up too....Its all good, nobody likes BJ's cockiness but its for a reason he's actually a cool guy.

Tripp i just had to respond to this cuz you had the first post and i didnt even read the rest of the thread yet lol.

I bet matt hughes really wants to get some BJ again.....haha dont we all need BJ lol.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good fight....jens will be awsome at 145,bj did a great job.I don't know how jens got out of those early submissions??

whats up with gray maynard...what a fukcin pu*sy to cry like that to joe rogan....on LIVE TV....what a homo..he looked like a complete a$$...fukc him

I was happiest to see manny loose....little *****...fukc him and his a$$hole cousin

I kinda knew inside bj would win....every person i asked about this fight all went with bj,then everyone on here said the same.......Jens is a good fighter tho

Oh yea,...fukc manny....

Tall joe with the ears did awsome too...best fights i never paid for
:wtf: :nutkick: :twisted: great post this was a good thread. Quite entertaining i just wish i was "live" while these convo's went down. funny sh!t.

And dont ever go against BJ again:nono:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh btw im off of BJ's nuts, actually i was never really on them but i figured someone might crack a wise one. Local boys gotta stick together. Watch out for Kendall Grove another local boy anyone know who he is lined up to fight next?

Brother

Brother

Awards
I got so pissed off at how early they called that one fight, though I can't remember who was in it. It was right before the main event, I believe. I didn't even watch the main event, I was so disgusted with the half ass fight outcomes. They called the one fight early, one dude knocked himself out but STILL should have won IMHO, and another dude got injured in the main contest fight. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the show, but I just wasn't diggin' all the contraversy. I guess I should have watched the last one though, I would have liked to see BJ win. I guess too much RPM has made me testy...
either way it was funny **** how he said he wasnt out.

the manny shoulder injury sucked. that fight had some potential

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established

I completely agree. I enjoyed the combo of Diaz's grappling skill and Manny's sheer intensity. I would have given that first round to Manny, but some have said otherwise. I'd have to watch it again.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There's no flippin' way you can give the first round to Diaz. Manny controlled the entire time.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Manny took it. He looked a lot more active too, but it could have been the matchup that allowed him to be more active.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh btw im off of BJ's nuts, actually i was never really on them but i figured someone might crack a wise one. Local boys gotta stick together. Watch out for Kendall Grove another local boy anyone know who he is lined up to fight next?
funny...if you talked up bj anymore,they would have to surgically remove his c*ck from you........local boys,hmmmmm.............................................:toofunny: :D

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Depends on how he looks against Franca, and, most importantly, what the odds are.

Sherk is a handful and a half for anyone roughly the same size, never been subbed, and won by sub 13 times, not bad for a wrastler. It's because he's both strong and fast as all get out on the ground, and those mighty mini me limbs are not out there a dangling to lock onto.

His standup is excellent as well, when's he's not at a bad height and reach disadvantage. I would'nt call it for Sherk v Penn, but he would give the Hilo Hummer, in shape or not, a very solid fight.

I expect the Shark to decisively beat Franca. It may go to a decision, but there will be little or no doubt that he was the better fighter that night.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone else think, after seeing the staredown, that BJ is definitely not 5'9"?

And anyone else think Manny is more like 5'3"?

Be proud of who you are!

Represent for the 5'3"ers, Manny!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else think, after seeing the staredown, that BJ is definitely not 5'9"?

And anyone else think Manny is more like 5'3"?

Be proud of who you are!

Represent for the 5'3"ers, Manny!
I agree on both accounts. Manny looked a foot shorter than Diaz. 5'3" sounds about right. So Manny vs. Corey Hill next....it would be like a bowling ball knocking down a pin.

Question : Why do guys go for the power slam when the other guy has their head under his arm like in the Gray-Emerson fight? I understand that a takedown=big points in MMA but why not set him down more gently if your head is going to take a huge amount of impact? This happens all the time, Sherk-Florian, obviously Kerr-Yamamoto,... Not all result in KOs but that's gotta hurt the takedowner more than the takedownee.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I hear ya'.

Sherk tends to do that a lot. He'll pick guys up for the big power slam, but then put himself in a precarious situation because he doesn't think past the slam and realize where his head will end up- in a guillotine or slammed on the canvas.

I don't think it'll be so much of a problem for him against Hermes, but against BJ, he could get himself into a lot of trouble.

Guys need to think a little further in advance sometimes.

smc252

Awards
  • Established

Have you ever been KO'd?
You have no clue what is going on around you when you come to. Half the time all you can think of is "DUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR" "Which way did he go?"

After the replay, he was being a ***** though. I would man up right away and admit defeat, but that's just me I guess?

:cheers:

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^ yeah, the first 10 minutes you dont really know what happened and are still trying to get your composure. I see where gray was comming from, but it was funny with him trying to argu with the film/rogan. It was hardly a defeat, though. He was running the show all up until then.

You know, its about DAMN time BJ actually won a fight! Its been almost two years now! As much as i think he is a ****, he did look good in the fight. I will give him that. He looked allot better than what ive seen him at 170lbs.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I just dont wanna see BJ move up anymore. Stay at 155 and dominate. I know he can be succesful at 170, but hell he has gone to HW before

texxlnghorn

Awards
THE SLAM-
If you going to do the slam, why not make sure you go shoulder first. In his case make sure his right shoulder landed square in his stomach.
Truly the man should consider him self lucky. Many people have been paralized from less sever head/neck tramaus.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Wait..the fight with the self-knock-out slam...

I saw only a little of UFN, but I saw the slam, and the other guy tap after the slam, and then the slammer just lay there..then it got turned off.

I was thought the guy who tapped lost...so they reversed it since the other guy was knocked out?? If someone could clear this up for me Id appreciate it.

I did see the whole BJ Penn fight...he looked very good, like unbeatable good.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Wait..the fight with the self-knock-out slam...

I saw only a little of UFN, but I saw the slam, and the other guy tap after the slam, and then the slammer just lay there..then it got turned off.

I was thought the guy who tapped lost...so they reversed it since the other guy was knocked out?? If someone could clear this up for me Id appreciate it.

I did see the whole BJ Penn fight...he looked very good, like unbeatable good.
Gray Maynard slammed Emerson and because a rib injury Emerson tapped and GRay won. But the NSAC overturned MAzagatti's call that Maynard won because he was KOed by the slam. The fight is officially ruled a NC or No Contest because neither fighter could continue after that point in theory.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Gray Maynard slammed Emerson and because a rib injury Emerson tapped and GRay won. But the NSAC overturned MAzagatti's call that Maynard won because he was KOed by the slam. The fight is officially ruled a NC or No Contest because neither fighter could continue after that point in theory.
Thanks!

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I just dont wanna see BJ move up anymore. Stay at 155 and dominate. I know he can be succesful at 170, but hell he has gone to HW before
I wish he'd fight Hughes again (but be in shape) because he could beat him. He was dominating him in their last fight until he got injured/tired (?)

He looked really good in this fight (even though I wanted Pulver) and was pretty cool in his interview with Rogan...
Pulver was gracious in defeat and didn't have any excuses like most, which was cool.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I like the fact that maynard is balls to the wall kind of fighter and unfortunetly mishaps and injuries come with that territory. It was kind of sloppy but he wanted to punish emerson and emerson got his elbow behind maynards head possibly pushing it into the ground more. I love that type of guerrila agression its exciting to watch, but unfortunelty great fighters burnout or injure themselves being so wreckless.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Man the one time i actually pick the winners we dont have a contest, mind you there were alot of obvious choices. Was a bit surprised cole won, but giving up your back to spin into guard isnt smart for a quality striker IMO.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^ Indeed. Hopefully he is aware and will look to improve this overtime as he matures as a fighter. He def does have good talent, conditioning and with a great camp at XC.

He was running emerson up until that point, even in the standup (which of course led to this takedown).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish he'd fight Hughes again (but be in shape) because he could beat him. He was dominating him in their last fight until he got injured/tired (?)

He looked really good in this fight (even though I wanted Pulver) and was pretty cool in his interview with Rogan...
Pulver was gracious in defeat and didn't have any excuses like most, which was cool.
you know Penn did submit Hughes in their first meeting....

Brother

Brother

Awards
Manny took it. He looked a lot more active too, but it could have been the matchup that allowed him to be more active.
First round Manny but he didnt do much damage. He's a P&G point winner. Not a true finisher that American fans would like to see. I think Diaz would have started to Tee off on him in the later rounds. You can only go to the well so many times and one day soon ...little Manny will eat a BIG knee going for his one cell organisim double leg take down. In my humble opinion.

I kept rewinding the Mark Kerr self knockout. FUN-KNEE!!:icon_lol:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read in the local newspaper today an article on BJ Penn. He is debating whether to go up to 170 again or staying at 155. Apparently it is on his website (the post fight interview). He would get a chance to avenge his past two losses to GSP and MH, but im going to send him an email of something begging him to dominate at 155. Lets see Sherk vs. Penn!!!