Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

UFC 71 Post Fight Discussion

Let the discussions begin gentlemen
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.

Well well well, Page is the new champ hell yea. Interesting note it seems that Hendo gets a shot at the new champ? Short regin for Page if thats the case.
  3. Registered User

I had a feeling rampage was going to give a quick ko. I am pissed though because Chuck said if he beat rampage he would want to fight Fedor next! Henderson is a beast in his own right and I think will cause probs at 205. UFC is getting better and better. Dana White was talking about have an MMA superbowl type event where all the pride champs fight the ufc champs. That would be sexy.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    I had a feeling rampage was going to give a quick ko. I am pissed though because Chuck said if he beat rampage he would want to fight Fedor next! Henderson is a beast in his own right and I think will cause probs at 205. UFC is getting better and better. Dana White was talking about have an MMA superbowl type event where all the pride champs fight the ufc champs. That would be sexy.
    That would be sick. Possible 205lb matchup Henderson vs Shogun. Hendo takes the title from Page, Shogun avenges Wandy's lose and finally gets his title shot. One can dream.
  5. Registered User

Sweet. Called it
  6. Avant's #1 Stunna'
    Board Sponsor

I have never been more sure of an outcome than I was with Liddell-Jackson 2. There was just no way Chuck was going to win. He just doesn't have what it takes.

He's been overhyped for a long time- a protected champion who cleaned out a division that was tailor made for him to clean out. He's a lot like Gomi, in that sense.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    Well well well, Page is the new champ hell yea. Interesting note it seems that Hendo gets a shot at the new champ? Short regin for Page if thats the case.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. I don't see Hendo beating Rampage, but it's definitely possible.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Hendo does not have the striking game to overwhelm Rampage. Simple combos and single strikes are not enough to finish Rampage. Shogun on the other hand...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Registered User

............has a disgusting thai clinch and soccer kicks.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    ............has a disgusting thai clinch and soccer kicks.
    That destroys Rampage...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

once i saw them walk out i knew it would be a KO by rampage. I joked about it being in their first exchange....sure enough once he threw a punch with meaning that was all she wrote. Chuck got laid out flat! That backpeddling style was way to predictable and honestly i think Chuck was intimidated from the start.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

An entertaining card. All good fights imo.
  13. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Hendo does not have the striking game to overwhelm Rampage. Simple combos and single strikes are not enough to finish Rampage. Shogun on the other hand...
    agreed, matchup wise page should beat up on hendo. personally I would love to see Hendo move back to 185 and take on silva
  14. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    An entertaining card. All good fights imo.
    Agreed.
  15. Registered User

Dissapointing fight IMO, I hoped the fight would have gone more like their first, but oh well, congrats to rampage. Chuck was out clean, but still not a decisive victory, in their first fight nobody could argue it was a lucky punch....I definatly see a 3rd fight.
  16. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Vtaper View Post
    Dissapointing fight IMO, I hoped the fight would have gone more like their first, but oh well, congrats to rampage. Chuck was out clean, but still not a decisive victory, in their first fight nobody could argue it was a lucky punch....I definatly see a 3rd fight.
    I dont see why it wasnt decisive? Chuck wasnt the aggressor as he just stepped out when Rampage stepped in and then when they did engage he got smoked. Like it was said above, Chuck has had it easy in the LHW division and its going to be nice to see some of the fighters coming out of Pride and making that division better.

I think Chuck is done as far being a contender for the title.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I am glad for this outcome, Rampage will be a breath of fresh air for the time that he's champ. There is a storm on the horizon, so to speak, and it won't be easy to keep that spot at all.

Keith Jardine lost badly. He did not look good at all.
    Leben and Starnes was a SLOPPY fight.

Parisyan and Burkman was a great fight.
    The Salaverry fight was excellent as well, I was not expecting him to lose really.
  18. Registered User

The writing was on the wall I just refused to read it. Chuck is still the man though he did not have any bull**** excuses after the fight, I wish it would of lasted longer so I could judge if Chuck should ask for another fight or just hang em up. I think he still has the skills to be in the top of the food chain but i'm not sure if he still has the hunger.
  19. Gold Member

I really don't think this was a good indicator of how well these guys match up. This could have been an outstanding fight. I'm glad Rampage won, but I would have loved to see a war. I can't believe it ended in the first exchange. Juanito was right; Chuck has Tito's #, and Rampage has Chuck's.

I definitely see Rampage beating Hendo, but I'd love to see Hendo fight A. Silva.

I'm looking forward to some all-time great Rampage interviews.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

"ima woop chucks ass" man of his words.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  232 lbs.

I love the way Chuck acted after his little nap..... funny stuff. Rampage will dominate for a long time. Hendo is a bad ass for sure. I think Rampage will get a tough decision over him tho. with the Pride deal done the match ups are limitless. Great time for MMA!!!! Randy will not beat GOnzaga but Fedor will.
  22. Registered User

Great fight, I am always glad to see a changing of the guard, when the guard has been standing for long time.

I aways enjoy seeing leben getting beat.
  23. Avant's #1 Stunna'
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Vtaper View Post
    It wasn't a lucky punch this time, either. Rampage is just the better of the two. He knows exactly how to beat Chuck. He did it the first time fairly easily and he did it this time without breaking a sweat.

With the first fight in mind, this second fight was extremely decisive.

And I personally would have zero interest in a third fight. We're getting into Ortiz-Shamrock territory here.
  24. Registered User

I couldn't be happier.

After the large group I was friends with was finished saying "**** rampage, Chuck will KO him in 30 seconds." I quietly waited and then after Chuck got owned, I was like "**** yeah, *****, what!?!?!"
  25. Registered User

Why is everybody trashing Chuck? He lost a fight but he's also knocked out alot of good fighters.
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.

Man Rodja u beat me to it.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    I love the way Chuck acted after his little nap..... funny stuff. Rampage will dominate for a long time. Hendo is a bad ass for sure. I think Rampage will get a tough decision over him tho. with the Pride deal done the match ups are limitless. Great time for MMA!!!! Randy will not beat GOnzaga but Fedor will.

Counting Randy out so soon, are we? We'll see.
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    Counting Randy out so soon, are we? We'll see.
    I will not doubt Randy anymore (except against Fedor, of course).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Registered User

I really liked Chuck's attitude, and wanted him to win, and thought he could win until I watched ufc all access and saw how Juanito was training Jackson, and how Chuck said he never changes anything. In Chuck vs Couture #1 when Randy out boxed Liddell and keep pushing the pace Liddell couldn't handle it, and I think this was Rampage's stratedy(and his natural way of fighting), but I didn't think it would end that quickly. Oh well Liddell has always got his accounting degree to fall back on.
  31. Registered User

If Chuck would just keep his hands up instead of having one cocked at all times he could have possibly avoided that. It's one thing if he was tired and just had his hands down, but he always has them like that. It's paid off for him more than not, but in this case he should have kept a normal stance ready for what Page was going to throw at him. I would like to see a rematch though. I don't think Chuck is over rated but I do think he needs to work on his game... I was disappointed in the fight. I would have liked to see a slug fest for at least a round.

EDIT: after watching the gif like nine times, it does look like he is actually trying to defend that last punch before the ref stopped it... Maybe he wasn't ktfo like we all thought. (Not like it would have changed anything)
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Does Chuck really deserve another rematch? He lost twice to Rampage and each time in a convincing fashion.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  33. Registered User

Does Chuck really deserve another rematch. He lost twice to Rampage and each time in a convincing fashion.
    True... I agree. He needs to work his way back up. I just want to see the fight that I imagined in my head.
  34. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aquanutz View Post
    If Chuck would just keep his hands up instead of having one cocked at all times he could have possibly avoided that. It's one thing if he was tired and just had his hands down, but he always has them like that. It's paid off for him more than not, but in this case he should have kept a normal stance ready for what Page was going to throw at him. I would like to see a rematch though. I don't think Chuck is over rated but I do think he needs to work on his game... I was disappointed in the fight. I would have liked to see a slug fest for at least a round.

EDIT: after watching the gif like nine times, it does look like he is actually trying to defend that last punch before the ref stopped it... Maybe he wasn't ktfo like we all thought. (Not like it would have changed anything)
    Chuck went completely limp, and then the last punch woke him up, and he was coherant. Legit stoppage, he was limp and Rampage was in perfect pounding position, the ref can't let that go.
  35. Registered User

True. I just thought he was completely out until after the ref had stopped it. I didn't see his arm go up until after Page walked away and he tried to reach for him. I don't disagree, it was a well deserved stoppage.
  36. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

The look in Chuck's eyes after the stoppage was classic. He was gone - not a clue where he was. Chuck even asked his trainer, "What happened?"
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Registered User

Yeah, he looked completely rocked after it. No doubt.
  38. Registered User

The look in Chuck's eyes after the stoppage was classic. He was gone - not a clue where he was. Chuck even asked his trainer, "What happened?"
    Lights on but knowbodys home. He definitely short circuited there.
  39. Registered User

Why doesn't Mirko lose 15lbs and fight light heavy weight? His game is not well matched against many of the contenders at HW. at 205 there are so many strikers at the top... he would do much better at that class. I think Gonzaga is going to be next HW champ... Couture is in for it.... although I never count out Couture.. the guy is a monster.

But as already mentioned 71 was a great card.. awesome fights. I would love to see parysian vs. hughes in the future. GSP will be back, you can bet your ass on that haha. He just needs some mental growing up to do, hes got all the weapons in the bag.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  232 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    Why is everybody trashing Chuck? He lost a fight but he's also knocked out alot of good fighters.

Im not trashing chuck or counting randy out. Chuck got beat like i said..... Capt. A will have a hell of a time with Gonzaga. We know Gonz can kick for sure. His hands a very heavy and fast... his ground game is very tight. I think he can take a punch and is tough. Randy is the man but... Im just telling it like it is.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. UFC 67 Post-Fight Discussion
    By Beowulf in forum MMA
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 10:02 AM
  2. UFC 66 Post Fight Discussion
    By stxnas in forum MMA
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
  3. UFC 65, post fight discussion
    By exnihilo in forum MMA