Matt Hughes Wins

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Matt Hughes Wins


    I will eat my words, matt wins the fight, I thought for sure Gracie would take it...

    oh well

    I ment matt hughes

  2. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    It was brutal, just brutal.
    I am gutted.
    •   
       

  3. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    I actually saw this on T.V. today, it was an excellent fight, glad I caught most of it.
  4. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Hughes by complete domination. I really thought he was going to snap Gracies arm. Well, we know for sure that the sport has evolved.

    On a side note, Joe "Quick tap" Riggs could have at least tried to get out of the guillitine.
  5. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Re: Matt Huges Wins


    i knew hughes would win...now to collect my $50 on Tuesday from the saps at work....
    •   
       

  6. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Yeah! Hughes I knew he could do it,What they need too do
    is show the ToughMan fights on t.v.



    SizeMatters
  7. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Quote Originally Posted by karategirl
    It was brutal, just brutal.
    I am gutted.

    I feel the same way. I was saddened. It truly shows the evolution of the sport. Now we can only hope that GSP kicks Hughes' ass
  8. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Yeah Hughes just dominated Gracie. I'm really looking forward to UFC 61 and those matchups.
  9. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Royce had little chance of winning. Royce winning is like saying Ray Leonard is coming out of retirement and beating Jermain Taylor or Winky.

    Hughes finished the fight quickly and nearly got the submission - Big John said he could hear the arm popping.
  10. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    What a great night of fighting! Every fight was just awesome.
  11. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Not surprised by the outcome at all. It served no purpose for the UFC is Gracie won.
  12. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Gracie didn't have a chance. I was thinking while I was watching, if they outcome would have been different if you pitted Gracie 10 years ago against Hughes..But, it probably would garner the same result.
  13. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Who the hell would even go for gracie? That old man didn't even stand a chance - he was dead when he walked into the octagon
  14. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    The UFC must have paid him very well. If Gracie wins, then what, would STILL be thought of as one of the most dominate fighters ever, I dont think he would fight on a continuous basis. Since he lost, he has his first defeat in the octagon and has some what tarnished his rep. He's still one of the best, but I will always remember the time Hughes beat his ass. Gracie shouldve stayed away from UFC and continued to fight an occasional easy match over in Pride.

  15. Poor Gracie didn't stand a chance.

    Hughes is superhuman.

    And no, the Gracie of 10 years ago wouldn't have done any better because if anything, he wasn't as good back then as he is now.
  16. Re: Matt Huges Wins


    Quote Originally Posted by gresh
    The UFC must have paid him very well. If Gracie wins, then what, would STILL be thought of as one of the most dominate fighters ever, I dont think he would fight on a continuous basis. Since he lost, he has his first defeat in the octagon and has some what tarnished his rep. He's still one of the best, but I will always remember the time Hughes beat his ass. Gracie shouldve stayed away from UFC and continued to fight an occasional easy match over in Pride.
    Gracie made 1.3M for this fight.

  17. I really wanted Gracie to win
    PharmD

  18. I heard that hughes popped for gear, any body know if there is any truth to this????

  19. Royce is not much older than Hughes, only 7 years so it is not as if it was Helio fighting.

    In my mind, the problems lies in that the Gracie's believe that BJJ is all they need to win. This is clearly not the case. Hughes was not needed to prove this, all one had to do was watch Sakurabu.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    I heard that hughes popped for gear, any body know if there is any truth to this????
    Was he tested??

    I haven't heard anything about it.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Royce is not much older than Hughes, only 7 years so it is not as if it was Helio fighting.

    In my mind, the problems lies in that the Gracie's believe that BJJ is all they need to win. This is clearly not the case. Hughes was not needed to prove this, all one had to do was watch Sakurabu.

    7 years is a huge difference in competitive sports. Royce is in his forties and it hard to be competitive at that age especially when fighting someone who is in their prime.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Glad I did'nt pay for that event, that was one of less interesting UFCs I've seen, too many fights over too fast.

    It's suprises me how much Hughes hating was going on before the fight on the MMA forums. Many people interpreted Matt's comments about Royce as arrogant, to my eye it was just realistic analysis of where Gracie old school is versus where Militech new school is.

    What's not to like about Matt Hughes? Down to earth,hardworking,talented and tough, working on new skills and improving the old and not talking smack about others, I don't get the hate.

    Alessio armbaring Sanchez with his own neck would have been cool, overall, IMO, that event was definetly not worth $40.
    I don't get the Hughes hate either. He's very no nonsense and people seem to mistake thisfor him being an a-hole.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    7 years is a huge difference in competitive sports. Royce is in his forties and it hard to be competitive at that age especially when fighting someone who is in their prime.
    Royce is only 39, where as Hughes is 32, only 7 years.

    I did not hear Couture complaining when he dominated Ortiz, when he is 12 years Ortiz's elder. Couture was 39/40 during that fight.
    I did not hear Mark Coleman complaining after he beat Rua, when Coleman is 17 years Rua's elder. Coleman was 41 in the fight.
    Both Rua and Ortiz are/were top level fighters.

  24. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uart4xsN-4s"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

  25. Hopefully Matt Hughes can go kick GSP's ass now again.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes @ UFC 123
    By Mjolnir in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 07:50 PM
  2. Win $250 in FREE supps!!
    By wardog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 12:06 PM
  3. Need your guys help to win a contest!
    By latinsteel in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 02:18 PM
  4. Who would win in a fight????
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 01:24 AM
Log in
Log in