Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. One of the only things I find truly odd in this situation is how Fedor is being considered now, vs., how BJ Penn was considered after losing to Frankie Edgar - and by all rights, Edgar was as much favored to lose as Werdum was.

Now, there is no doubt that the indecisive manner in which Edgar beat Penn plays into perception, here, but it is nevertheless interesting to see that Penn is a) by and large still in the top ten P4P consensus lists and b) is still the second-best LW on every consensus list. To me, Fedor and the loser of Carwin/Lesnar are in not so dissimilar positions, and he should therefore still be considered the second best HW by recent match-ups.

He may very well be the best HW at this very point, however, the undeniable fact is that he will have to face stiffer competition in order to regain that perception; sadly, given that he doesn't give a **** about our perception, that makes me much more mad. Though, for whatever reason, I am infinitely more angry that Cung Le did not join MMA ten years earlier.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    One of the only things I find truly odd in this situation is how Fedor is being considered now, vs., how BJ Penn was considered after losing to Frankie Edgar - and by all rights, Edgar was as much favored to lose as Werdum was.

Now, there is no doubt that the indecisive manner in which Edgar beat Penn plays into perception, here, but it is nevertheless interesting to see that Penn is a) by and large still in the top ten P4P consensus lists and b) is still the second-best LW on every consensus list. To me, Fedor and the loser of Carwin/Lesnar are in not so dissimilar positions, and he should therefore still be considered the second best HW by recent match-ups.

He may very well be the best HW at this very point, however, the undeniable fact is that he will have to face stiffer competition in order to regain that perception; sadly, given that he doesn't give a **** about our perception, that makes me much more mad. Though, for whatever reason, I am infinitely more angry that Cung Le did not join MMA ten years earlier.
    I know watching Cung Le was awesome. Those kicks were nasty. I hadnt watched him fight in MMA before so I came away impressed. I remember watching old K-1 fights where he would completely destroy the competition. The fights were pure domination. If the guy mounted any bit of offense it was like Le took it as disrespect and made the guy pay even more.
    •   

3. 1. Tito is a douche. In fact, he's been nominated for biggest douche in the universe.

2. Rankings really don't mean jack and Sherdog's level of respect is very, very low.

this is really funny. Fedor will still hold his rank I believe. Its not even close. People are blowing this up, he was raining on him and got caught. really simple. He is still fuking amazing. it happens, im sure it happens at practice all the time as well.

On another note I think the UFC has made good and bad deals. I really wish Nick Diaz was back in the UFC, I think he is such a bad ass. and losing hendo was really stupid. that would have made 185 solid if A silva. left.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    On another note I think the UFC has made good and bad deals. I really wish Nick Diaz was back in the UFC, I think he is such a bad ass. and losing hendo was really stupid. that would have made 185 solid if A silva. left.
    How was losing Hendo stupid if he lost to Jake Shields in his very next fight? When Jake Shields eventually signs with the UFC, it will be a more solid division than had Hendo stayed - and most probably, had Shields never beaten Hendo, he would not be on his way to the UFC in the first place.

In reality the entire situation could not have worked out better: your newest acquisition asserts his place in the MW division by beating the acquisition you had recently let go. In my personal opinion, when it comes to fighter contracts and negotiations, the UFC is normally very on point from a business standpoint. Whether or not one feels this is good for the sport, the fighters and so on, is another debate; but, my opinion there is by and large in the UFC's favor as well.

Really, though, where they display their own brand of ineptitude - probably more like arrogance - is intruding into markets that are not equipped for a UFC event. Places like Portland, for example, come to mind as that city was still racked by the recession when the UFC hosted an event there and kept ticket prices the same.