gsp vs hardy

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

GSP destroyed Hardy. However, I'll give Hardy credit...he showed his toughness and determination...how that guys arm didn't snap into a compound fracture I do not know.

As for Carwin...he made Frank Mir look like a b*tch! However, while he does have powerful punches...if he gets into a power battle with Lesnar he will get his ass handed to him. I think the best chance for Carwin is to beat Lesnar with technical skill...get the big man to the ground and try to make him force a mistake and apply a submission on him. Trying to trade blows with Brock is just stupid imo. Note...I am not even that big of a Lesnar fan, but the man is a freakish athlete.

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.
    Answers

A technical skill???
    How many fights has Carwin won by technics, submission?
    NONE!!!
    Carwin trademark skill is KO power and Lesnar is going to love that approach, I forsea Lesnar controling the fight and will have some great power slams!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    GSP destroyed Hardy. However, I'll give Hardy credit...he showed his toughness and determination...how that guys arm didn't snap into a compound fracture I do not know.

As for Carwin...he made Frank Mir look like a b*tch! However, while he does have powerful punches...if he gets into a power battle with Lesnar he will get his ass handed to him. I think the best chance for Carwin is to beat Lesnar with technical skill...get the big man to the ground and try to make him force a mistake and apply a submission on him. Trying to trade blows with Brock is just stupid imo. Note...I am not even that big of a Lesnar fan, but the man is a freakish athlete.

Cheers!
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FightWhiteBoi View Post
    A technical skill???
    NONE!!!
    Carwin trademark skill is KO power and Lesnar is going to love that approach, I forsea Lesnar controling the fight and will have some great power slams!!!
    Carwin is roughly the same size and it remains to be seen what, if any, strength advantage there will be. Lesnar did have problems taking down Couture despite the tremendous weight advantage between them. Lesnar still likes to take his opponent down and GnP, but this tactic may not work against Carwin. I feel like the longer the fight goes, the more it will favor Lesnar because he is closer to his natural weight and is not really a "bulked-up" version of himself.

They both have deadly power in their hands, but it seems like Carwin has not only more power, but is better in the clinch. He has also been training longer than Brock and the layoff is going to have an incalculable detriment to his performance.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

hardy did not survive, gsp let him live. gsp toyed with him for five rounds. he basically tortured him. he'd push submissions just before the break point and that was it. to me, gsp was just proving a point that he doesn't need to knock u out or submit you, rather he can just control the match and let it go his way. average round score of 50-44? one of the most lopsided title scoring in the history of the sport? come on. gsp needs to move up. there is nobody that can hang with him right now.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FightWhiteBoi View Post
    A technical skill???
    NONE!!!
    Carwin has power yes, but I don't think he can play that game with Lesnar. Carwin is going to have to adapt and become a better fighter to beat Lesnar...that was my point. The best fighters always learn to adapt instead of relying too much on one approach.

However, because of Carwin's bull-headed tendency to believe he can overpower everyone I agree with you that Lesnar will control the fight and end kicking Carwin's a$$!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    hardy did not survive, gsp let him live. gsp toyed with him for five rounds. he basically tortured him. he'd push submissions just before the break point and that was it. to me, gsp was just proving a point that he doesn't need to knock u out or submit you, rather he can just control the match and let it go his way. average round score of 50-44? one of the most lopsided title scoring in the history of the sport? come on. gsp needs to move up. there is nobody that can hang with him right now.
    I agree that GSP is on a different level and needs to move up.

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

The GSP fight was pretty boring though and to be a great champion you have to give the fans a show. Hate to say it but I would rather watch a Penn fight over GSP or Silva at this point...both very boring to watch. I know they have skills, but as a fan...snooze
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    The GSP fight was pretty boring though and to be a great champion you have to give the fans a show. Hate to say it but I would rather watch a Penn fight over GSP or Silva at this point...both very boring to watch. I know they have skills, but as a fan...snooze
    I agree with you in the sense that there isn't real fireworks when they fight because they quite simply outclass any man that steps into the octagon with them. GSP and Silva are two fighters that get screwed by Dana White IMO. White needs to pull his head out of his ass and actually challenge Silva and GSP and also needs to move them up a class respectively.

Cheers!
  •