gsp vs hardy

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Fitch's career is at a crossroads right now as he has had little improvement in his game over the past couple of years. I'd personally be surprised in he beats Thiago because of his improved TD defense. Hell, he had trouble beating Pierce a few months back and he is nowhere near an elite WW.
    good point, i guess i'm not really impressed by kos, sometimes he looks really good, then the next fight he gets beat...i'd love to see alves fight gsp again but alves really needs to improve his game and get in gear when it comes to his training if he recovers...fight magazine reported several months ago he shows up to the gym real late and stuff...he thinks he's a celebrity
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    good point, i guess i'm not really impressed by kos, sometimes he looks really good, then the next fight he gets beat...i'd love to see alves fight gsp again but alves really needs to improve his game and get in gear when it comes to his training if he recovers...fight magazine reported several months ago he shows up to the gym real late and stuff...he thinks he's a celebrity
    Kos has only lost to the elite of the elite WWs. Losing to Alves (on short notice), GSP, and Paulo is not a bad thing. I don't want to use the term fluke with his loss to Paulo, but that rematch really needs to happen. Winner gets next title shot.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  3. yeaa man id love to see him go up a weight class to face Anderson Silva!!!

  4. i heard u can wach ufc 111 IN theaters? Is this true?

  5. I don't think hardy stands a chance. I thought Alves would give GSP a run for his money and got completely dominated and I'd go on a limb and says Alves has better Muay Thai than Hardy's stand-up. Unless Hardy has some unruly gameplan, GSP will stand up, let Hardy think he's getting in a striking war and is faring well, then take him down and dominate. Whether that means submission or just pounding on him for 5 rounds.
    •   
       


  6. alrite i watched all 3 of those ufc before the fight shows last night, hardy is a tool, he looks like a tool, acts like a tool, talks like a tool....i hope he gets worked.....i hate hearing ****y ppl talk a lot...it makes me mad no matter how confident they are...gsp was much more respectable on that show...hardy needs a good beating
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

  7. Hardy's striking has been over vaunted, while his more-than-lacking TD defense and sub-par grappling have not been mentioned enough. In reality, he has far, far less of a chance than either Fitch or Alves.

  8. Which may go to show how easy it is to achieve credentials under Eddie Bravo, as Hardy has a brown belt under him.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Which may go to show how easy it is to achieve credentials under Eddie Bravo, as Hardy has a brown belt under him.
    That could also show the difference between MMA grappling and BJJ. Matt Serra got a 2nd place in ADCC in 2001 I believe, but has never really been able to use it in MMA.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. That is a good point, Rodja: the dynamics of position, momentum and leverage change when you are being punched in the face. Hardy had massive amounts of trouble grappling and wrestling with Marcus Davis, and that does not bode well for him.

    While I think Hardy's strength will keep him in this for two or three rounds, he will fall eventually.

  11. MS, you are being generous. I see this stopped in Rd 2. I give GSP a round to sort of feel him out, then thats it.

    BTW, Mir and Carwin....predictions? I am torn. Logically I think Mir takes it by sub in the middle rds, but if he gets caught he will sleep quickly

  12. I think Mir gets drawn into a striking battle and KO'd. Though, I would prefer Carwin to lose, setting up Brock/Mir III, and have Carwin battle Cain/Dos Santos to setup a number one contender anew.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I think Mir gets drawn into a striking battle and KO'd. Though, I would prefer Carwin to lose, setting up Brock/Mir III, and have Carwin battle Cain/Dos Santos to setup a number one contender anew.
    Mir has stated that he doesn't want to take Carwin out in the first round, but want so take him to the second just to see what Carwin looks like beyond the first.

    Look for Mir "allowing" Carwin to enter the second round.

    I would be anxious over a Lesnar/Mir III, but I sincerely want Carwin to knock Mir out, though I personally see Mir winning this, to my dismay.
    NSCA - CSCS

  14. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Mir has stated that he doesn't want to take Carwin out in the first round, but want so take him to the second just to see what Carwin looks like beyond the first.

    Look for Mir "allowing" Carwin to enter the second round.

    I would be anxious over a Lesnar/Mir III, but I sincerely want Carwin to knock Mir out, though I personally see Mir winning this, to my dismay.
    There is no other fighter I loathe more than Frank Mir.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  15. anyone in the heavyweight division needs to humiliate lesnar....i don't care who it is..someone needs to put him in his place asap
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    anyone in the heavyweight division needs to humiliate lesnar....i don't care who it is..someone needs to put him in his place asap
    I really don't think that will happen anytime soon. He's just that freak athlete that comes along once a generation. Lesnar has that ultimate intangible for MMA: he's just plain mean and with the talent to implement it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. s
    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    MS, you are being generous. I see this stopped in Rd 2. I give GSP a round to sort of feel him out, then thats it.

    BTW, Mir and Carwin....predictions? I am torn. Logically I think Mir takes it by sub in the middle rds, but if he gets caught he will sleep quickly
    You might be too generous as well. This could easily end in the first if GSP wanted to. I hope this looks like one of the most one sided fights so we can see those fancy kicks GSP hasn't pulled out of his bag for a long time.

    Any word on Lesnar's recovery progress?

  18. The issue is that GSP has not finished a fight early since Serra II; however, with that being said, he fought three top ten P4P fighters in a row. Not the easiest cats to finish.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really don't think that will happen anytime soon. He's just that freak athlete that comes along once a generation. Lesnar has that ultimate intangible for MMA: he's just plain mean and with the talent to implement it.
    He really is a mean sob, and has some truly amazing god given talents. I dont know if any of the guys out there can humiliate him let alone beat him unless it is an ideal situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    s

    You might be too generous as well. This could easily end in the first if GSP wanted to. I hope this looks like one of the most one sided fights so we can see those fancy kicks GSP hasn't pulled out of his bag for a long time.

    Any word on Lesnar's recovery progress?
    I might be too generous, you are right

    In terms of Lesnar, I heard July against either the winner of Mir/Carwin or Cain

  20. Its just hard to believe Hardy is that high up in the top 10. Hard to believe that he would beat Fitch, Alves or even Kos. I'm usually not a fan of quick wins but this would be the exception.
    I'm pumped for the return of Lesnar but will he be as strong as he was? he was in bad shape for a while.
    ***anyone see the weigh ins?

  21. GSP is going to rape Hardy through his ready to go bicycle shorts. The Primetime episodes made me respect Hardy more as a fighter, because it takes a special kind of dedication to fly to China and practice with Shoalin Monks. However, as far as his chances against GSP, 1st or 2nd round dry anal-bar.

    As much as I despise Mir. He has more ways to win then a power KO. I'll be elated if Carwin wins, but I think Mir is a different class of fighter then Carwin.

    As far as Lesnar goes. I contend anyone in the HW elite, Lesnar, JDS, Cain, Mir, has a chance of beating each other. I'm a HUGE Lesnar fan that does not think he's unbeatable, because any of those HW's are one mistake away from a potential KO, but I don't see anyone "humiliating" him. Beating, yes, humiliating, no. I hope he returns in full-force. I think the current HW division has the greatest belt turn over potential. Though I hope Lesnar remains Champ as long as possible.
    NSCA - CSCS

  22. I agree with Vol-Daddy: while Lesnar is a freak, it took him three rounds to dismiss Randy Couture who is by all means a natural LHW. And in particular, Randy was able to take Brock down (though not keep him there). This bodes well for Cain in particular whose striking is far superior to Brock, and who is also larger than Randy; thereby making it entirely possible to both take Brock down but also apply pressure when he is there.

    Out of the current crop of HWs, I think Cain and Carwin (with more refining) have the biggest opportunities to defeat Brock.
  23. Talking


    Both do but Cain especially. He looked amazing against Nog. If the winner of mir/carwin fight is too injured to fight brock i'm gonna pee my pants in anticipation for the Brock/Cain fight.

  24. AMC Theaters is showing the fights live on the big screen. Tix are 20 bucks. I'm going to hit that up, should be cool.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  25. I was laughing at the betting odds on junkie for gsp/hardy. I've never seen a number like that. They predict the fight will not even be remotely competitive. GSP should try some obnoxiously fancy moves or fight him all kung fu style to insult hardy. Maybe try that mid air jump kick that he has in all his ufc primetime lead ins.

  26. Depends which site, but the odds for Shogun/Machida I were terrific. However, I do not think that Hardy will stand a chance (I called the Shogun/Machida fight that Shogun rightfully won).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  27. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I think Mir gets drawn into a striking battle and KO'd. Though, I would prefer Carwin to lose, setting up Brock/Mir III, and have Carwin battle Cain/Dos Santos to setup a number one contender anew.
    Close enough! Give that man a Pepsi!

  28. There were a couple of time I thought Hardy should have tapped but I thought it was a good fight, tho GSP did Dominate Hardy in every round. It was clear that GSP is still in a leage of his own right now.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  29. A bunch of great fights tonight.
    Carwin just flipped the switch and went to work.
    Hardy is one tough SOB and he sure took it. He did absolutely nothing offensively but didnt give up when most would.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    A bunch of great fights tonight.
    Carwin just flipped the switch and went to work.
    Hardy is one tough SOB and he sure took it. He did absolutely nothing offensively but didnt give up when most would.
    Everyone's saying that about Hardy. I don't get it. "Dude, he lost in awesome fashion! He didn't quit." LOL! Talk about lowering the bar. I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion I just can't stand Hardy and am glad he got dominated to the point of embarrassment.
  •   

      
     

Log in
Log in