gsp vs hardy

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

MS, you are being generous. I see this stopped in Rd 2. I give GSP a round to sort of feel him out, then thats it.

BTW, Mir and Carwin....predictions? I am torn. Logically I think Mir takes it by sub in the middle rds, but if he gets caught he will sleep quickly
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I think Mir gets drawn into a striking battle and KO'd. Though, I would prefer Carwin to lose, setting up Brock/Mir III, and have Carwin battle Cain/Dos Santos to setup a number one contender anew.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I think Mir gets drawn into a striking battle and KO'd. Though, I would prefer Carwin to lose, setting up Brock/Mir III, and have Carwin battle Cain/Dos Santos to setup a number one contender anew.
    Mir has stated that he doesn't want to take Carwin out in the first round, but want so take him to the second just to see what Carwin looks like beyond the first.

Look for Mir "allowing" Carwin to enter the second round.

I would be anxious over a Lesnar/Mir III, but I sincerely want Carwin to knock Mir out, though I personally see Mir winning this, to my dismay.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Mir has stated that he doesn't want to take Carwin out in the first round, but want so take him to the second just to see what Carwin looks like beyond the first.

Look for Mir "allowing" Carwin to enter the second round.

I would be anxious over a Lesnar/Mir III, but I sincerely want Carwin to knock Mir out, though I personally see Mir winning this, to my dismay.
    There is no other fighter I loathe more than Frank Mir.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

anyone in the heavyweight division needs to humiliate lesnar....i don't care who it is..someone needs to put him in his place asap
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    anyone in the heavyweight division needs to humiliate lesnar....i don't care who it is..someone needs to put him in his place asap
    I really don't think that will happen anytime soon. He's just that freak athlete that comes along once a generation. Lesnar has that ultimate intangible for MMA: he's just plain mean and with the talent to implement it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

s
    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    MS, you are being generous. I see this stopped in Rd 2. I give GSP a round to sort of feel him out, then thats it.

BTW, Mir and Carwin....predictions? I am torn. Logically I think Mir takes it by sub in the middle rds, but if he gets caught he will sleep quickly
    You might be too generous as well. This could easily end in the first if GSP wanted to. I hope this looks like one of the most one sided fights so we can see those fancy kicks GSP hasn't pulled out of his bag for a long time.

Any word on Lesnar's recovery progress?
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

The issue is that GSP has not finished a fight early since Serra II; however, with that being said, he fought three top ten P4P fighters in a row. Not the easiest cats to finish.
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really don't think that will happen anytime soon. He's just that freak athlete that comes along once a generation. Lesnar has that ultimate intangible for MMA: he's just plain mean and with the talent to implement it.
    He really is a mean sob, and has some truly amazing god given talents. I dont know if any of the guys out there can humiliate him let alone beat him unless it is an ideal situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    s

You might be too generous as well. This could easily end in the first if GSP wanted to. I hope this looks like one of the most one sided fights so we can see those fancy kicks GSP hasn't pulled out of his bag for a long time.

Any word on Lesnar's recovery progress?
    I might be too generous, you are right

In terms of Lesnar, I heard July against either the winner of Mir/Carwin or Cain
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Its just hard to believe Hardy is that high up in the top 10. Hard to believe that he would beat Fitch, Alves or even Kos. I'm usually not a fan of quick wins but this would be the exception.
    I'm pumped for the return of Lesnar but will he be as strong as he was? he was in bad shape for a while.
    ***anyone see the weigh ins?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

GSP is going to rape Hardy through his ready to go bicycle shorts. The Primetime episodes made me respect Hardy more as a fighter, because it takes a special kind of dedication to fly to China and practice with Shoalin Monks. However, as far as his chances against GSP, 1st or 2nd round dry anal-bar.

As much as I despise Mir. He has more ways to win then a power KO. I'll be elated if Carwin wins, but I think Mir is a different class of fighter then Carwin.

As far as Lesnar goes. I contend anyone in the HW elite, Lesnar, JDS, Cain, Mir, has a chance of beating each other. I'm a HUGE Lesnar fan that does not think he's unbeatable, because any of those HW's are one mistake away from a potential KO, but I don't see anyone "humiliating" him. Beating, yes, humiliating, no. I hope he returns in full-force. I think the current HW division has the greatest belt turn over potential. Though I hope Lesnar remains Champ as long as possible.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I agree with Vol-Daddy: while Lesnar is a freak, it took him three rounds to dismiss Randy Couture who is by all means a natural LHW. And in particular, Randy was able to take Brock down (though not keep him there). This bodes well for Cain in particular whose striking is far superior to Brock, and who is also larger than Randy; thereby making it entirely possible to both take Brock down but also apply pressure when he is there.

Out of the current crop of HWs, I think Cain and Carwin (with more refining) have the biggest opportunities to defeat Brock.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Talking

Both do but Cain especially. He looked amazing against Nog. If the winner of mir/carwin fight is too injured to fight brock i'm gonna pee my pants in anticipation for the Brock/Cain fight.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

AMC Theaters is showing the fights live on the big screen. Tix are 20 bucks. I'm going to hit that up, should be cool.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I was laughing at the betting odds on junkie for gsp/hardy. I've never seen a number like that. They predict the fight will not even be remotely competitive. GSP should try some obnoxiously fancy moves or fight him all kung fu style to insult hardy. Maybe try that mid air jump kick that he has in all his ufc primetime lead ins.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Depends which site, but the odds for Shogun/Machida I were terrific. However, I do not think that Hardy will stand a chance (I called the Shogun/Machida fight that Shogun rightfully won).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Close enough! Give that man a Pepsi!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

There were a couple of time I thought Hardy should have tapped but I thought it was a good fight, tho GSP did Dominate Hardy in every round. It was clear that GSP is still in a leage of his own right now.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

A bunch of great fights tonight.
    Carwin just flipped the switch and went to work.
    Hardy is one tough SOB and he sure took it. He did absolutely nothing offensively but didnt give up when most would.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    A bunch of great fights tonight.
    Carwin just flipped the switch and went to work.
    Hardy is one tough SOB and he sure took it. He did absolutely nothing offensively but didnt give up when most would.
    Everyone's saying that about Hardy. I don't get it. "Dude, he lost in awesome fashion! He didn't quit." LOL! Talk about lowering the bar. I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion I just can't stand Hardy and am glad he got dominated to the point of embarrassment.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Everyone's saying that about Hardy. I don't get it. "Dude, he lost in awesome fashion! He didn't quit." LOL! Talk about lowering the bar. I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion I just can't stand Hardy and am glad he got dominated to the point of embarrassment.
    Oh dont get me wrong I hate the SOB and I am glad he stuck it out to take more punishment lol. I was just a little shocked he didnt tap thats all. He was totally outmatched and taken down at will. It was funny when Joe Rogan would trying and talk up any little positive thing Hardy did then he had to retract it immediately bc GSP reversed it. This was us while watching the GSP dominating Hardy fight lol
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I don't know. Hardy was strong or maybe the submissions weren't pushed beyond his threshold. Seemed like the fight was dragged out for distance sake.
    Mir looked like he didn't flip the switch in time but Shane was certainly was on point in a big way. Maybe Mir had staph infection.
    I tried to DVR the prelims but the time slot was moved AGAIN. FU AT&T get your sht together!
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Very happy that Mir lost, cant stand that SOB. Carwin v. Lesnar will be very interesting and tough to call.

Hardy was purely dominated, but to his credit is tough. There is nothing at 170 for GSP anymore. Time for some lower echelon (Bisping, oh please let GSP crush that pr!ck)fighters at 185.
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

For the first time in recent memory, I was not ecstatic watching my favorite fighter (GSP) fight, as the bout was a complete wash from start to finish: Hardy was never in an offensive position, was constantly reversed and taken down, outclassed on the ground, etc. Despite the fact I love seeing GSP dominate, I no longer have any interest at GSP at 170.

Can we honestly say that another GSP/Fitch bout would play out differently? Fitch's game, while solid enough to contend and beat most WWs, has not progressed nearly enough to make an oz., of difference against GSP; Alves, while dominant, would suffer the exact same fate; and Kos, Daley and the rest are uninteresting to me as well. As AE said, GSP should move up and face a gate-keeper ala Silva v., Irvin, and test the 185lb waters while the WW division hashes out a legitimate contender.
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

For the first time in recent memory, I was not ecstatic watching my favorite fighter (GSP) fight, as the bout was a complete wash from start to finish: Hardy was never in an offensive position, was constantly reversed and taken down, outclassed on the ground, etc. Despite the fact I love seeing GSP dominate, I no longer have any interest at GSP at 170.

Can we honestly say that another GSP/Fitch bout would play out differently? Fitch's game, while solid enough to contend and beat most WWs, has not progressed nearly enough to make an oz., of difference against GSP; Alves, while dominant, would suffer the exact same fate; and Kos, Daley and the rest are uninteresting to me as well. As AE said, GSP should move up and face a gate-keeper ala Silva v., Irvin, and test the 185lb waters while the WW division hashes out a legitimate contender.
    At this point, I think that is their only option. A second Kos fight will do little, and Daley, while explosive, would look as silly IMO as Hardy. Give GSP an Okami/Leben or even Sakara at 185, so we can see how he does.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Mir almost always disappoints in the big matches IMO and I agree... time for GSP to move up a class.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Mir almost always disappoints in the big matches IMO and I agree... time for GSP to move up a class.

MIR did not even show up to that fight.

DAMNNNNN he was looking past Carwin to Lesnar IMO
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I will say this, Carwin's power is scary. Lesnar better be very serious or he will get ko'd too. Those are some damn powerful lunchboxes
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I will say this, Carwin's power is scary. Lesnar better be very serious or he will get ko'd too. Those are some damn powerful lunchboxes
    lol, I'd love to see Lesner knocked out, it would be a dream come true. Carwin is definitely one who can do it.
  30. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by FightWhiteBoi View Post
    MIR did not even show up to that fight.

DAMNNNNN he was looking past Carwin to Lesnar IMO
    I thought this too. Sure I can see him getting challenged by wrestlers but in his last two losses (more so with Carwin) it was like he just wanted to play the cool cucumber, hang out, have a chat with his corner, and wait to engage on his terms. Seriously, he is now up against opponents that are bigger than he is; one shot can mean lights out...
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Mir plain got effed up.

I never thought Hardy had a chance, but I did admire his toughness. Standing up from that dire arm-bar with a smile was just plain cool. However, like Mullet pointed out about GSP, I feel the same about BJ Penn in his current division.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Registered User

the gsp fight bored me alot.. but props to hardy,that guys soooo tuff!!
    gsp to middle weight asap!!
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.

carwins left uppercuts were the highlight of the night
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

The main reason that Mir lost was because he was so hell bent on gaining mass that he lost a tremendous amount of speed. That was really his one element over Carwin and he looked awfully slow. He just gained far too much, too quickly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The main reason that Mir lost was because he was so hell bent on gaining mass that he lost a tremendous amount of speed. That was really his one element over Carwin and he looked awfully slow. He just gained far too much, too quickly.
    He did look puffy in comparison to the shape in came in last fight. I think his experience with Lesnar may have given him too much of a bias toward sheer size & strength. Only Lesnar has years of carrying his body around with that much weight and Mir has new mass, which would have an effect on performance-ability.

Carwin was the absolute highlight of any fight this year for me.
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    I thought this too. Sure I can see him getting challenged by wrestlers but in his last two losses (more so with Carwin) it was like he just wanted to play the cool cucumber, hang out, have a chat with his corner, and wait to engage on his terms. Seriously, he is now up against opponents that are bigger than he is; one shot can mean lights out...
    You are right. Why would he even be looking in his corners direction so early on. Just fight damnnnn it!!!!!
    MIR had to watch tape on Carwin, Those short punches are VERY deadly Carwin has!!!

LOL @ COOL CUCUMBER good way to put it.

Although MIR was looked to be in great shape!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Just finished watching the fights.

1) HORRIBLE decision on one of the early fights I thought. Wow... Guy gets taken down at will and still wins a decision was way surprising. Granted, I felt like he did try to do most of the work and damage, but still, he couldn't stop a takedown to save his life.

2) Both Carwin and Mir put an outstanding amount of weight. Mir was looking huge at the fight, weigh in at 265 and looked good. Not so much when he had to fight though. Carwin showed his powerful hands and I really hope he can put some more weight on before fighting Brock, that would make it an unbelievable fight.

3) GSP dominated but I can't deny I felt kinda bored... It was so 1 sided that I really didn't feel like watching it, I was just skipping through the fight.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.

You really have to give Dan Hardy credit for his awesome strengh and defense overall!!!

That arm bar would of had you and most MMA fighters TAPOUT.

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Just finished watching the fights.

1) HORRIBLE decision on one of the early fights I thought. Wow... Guy gets taken down at will and still wins a decision was way surprising. Granted, I felt like he did try to do most of the work and damage, but still, he couldn't stop a takedown to save his life.

2) Both Carwin and Mir put an outstanding amount of weight. Mir was looking huge at the fight, weigh in at 265 and looked good. Not so much when he had to fight though. Carwin showed his powerful hands and I really hope he can put some more weight on before fighting Brock, that would make it an unbelievable fight.

3) GSP dominated but I can't deny I felt kinda bored... It was so 1 sided that I really didn't feel like watching it, I was just skipping through the fight.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.

Really wish the fight would have gone longer to actually see What new big body skills MIR actually brought to the ring with him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    He did look puffy in comparison to the shape in came in last fight. I think his experience with Lesnar may have given him too much of a bias toward sheer size & strength. Only Lesnar has years of carrying his body around with that much weight and Mir has new mass, which would have an effect on performance-ability.

Carwin was the absolute highlight of any fight this year for me.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

What did you guys think of the fight? GSP obviously dominated but he did not do alot of damage. You cant help but like the guy, he absolutely destroys people and is SO humble.
  •