gsp vs hardy

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
i predict gsp takes hardy down and submits or gnp stoppage..
a few people have told me hardys stand up is better then georges..
thoughts??

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
by the way i think georges stand up is very good and better then hardys!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think GSP is better then Hardy everywhere. R.I.P Dan Hardy lol I think KOS or Johnson would match up better with GSP then Hardy.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
fully agree my friend! i still look forward to gsp beating hardy badly...

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Hardy has very solid stand up, can take hits pretty well (he has never lost via tko or ko), but has lost 3 of his fights due to submission (all chokes). GSP has the strength and slight reach advantage and a big advantage when it comes to wrestling. We will see about the standup but given his last performance against Alves and the reach advantage im leaning towards GSP having the advantage there as well. I have a feeling that GSP wins by submission in the 3rd or 4th round but I am hoping that he hands Hardy his first TKO loss. Hardy will put up a fight though so it should be fun to watch.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hardy has better technical boxing (training with Freddie Roach helps), but overall striking I'd give to GSP. This fight, on paper, is horribly mismatched and I really think that Kos deserves a shot before Hardy. To date, Hardy has beaten 1 top-10 opponent (Swick) and that does not merit a title shot.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only good thing about this fight is that it is on a good card, which could help protect the UFC from any unhappiness with it.

Kegger

Awards
Look at the big picture here guys......gotta keep the UK fans interested.:tired:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I think GSP will handle the fight carefully and with precision like he always does. I think he will overwhelm Hardy and put him into frustration.
Also, it may work against Hardy to have only beaten one high ranked fighter because now hes thinking hes so great and may go in with to big a ego.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
GSP all the way. i think he needs to bulk up and move up a weight class. he seems dominant

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For sure, where do they figure putting him in with GSP would be a good idea. I want to see a Fitch rematch. I think Fitch grew up a lot during that GSP fight and I would like to see a rematch.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think GSP will take him down and control him. Hardy's chance is with a big punch. I agree Hardy doesnt have much business being in the octogon with GSP but it will be nice to see GSP finish somebody again since he has been so careful lately.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I expect this to be GSP's last fight for quite some time. It does suck that he might take a hiatus in the prime of his career, but trying out for the Olympics is something that very few people can do and I hope he does well. It also helps that he has essentially cleaned out an entire division and it will be competitive for the first time in years. He will competing in the 163 lb class and that would scrap any chance for a fight with Anderson because he will probably be retired by that time.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
I expect this to be GSP's last fight for quite some time. It does suck that he might take a hiatus in the prime of his career, but trying out for the Olympics is something that very few people can do and I hope he does well. It also helps that he has essentially cleaned out an entire division and it will be competitive for the first time in years. He will competing in the 163 lb class and that would scrap any chance for a fight with Anderson because he will probably be retired by that time.
i would love to see gsp do well in the olympics..lets hope he comes back afterwards and continues the dominance!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah gsp has to train his ass off just to make it past the team trials and qualifiers....but hey..if he misses it a 163...then maybe he will cut down to rematch bj at his weight instead of bj moving up????? hmmm..id like to see that.
I'd expect BJ to make another run at WW by that time.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd expect BJ to make another run at WW by that time.
Ya BJ is really starting to prove he is not going to be beat by anyone in the LW except by fluke. It will be nice to see BJ be pushed again.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
bj seems to be able to beat everyone.. except gsp, its like gsp is his kryptonite lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bj seems to be able to beat everyone.. except gsp, its like gsp is his kryptonite lol
I think GSP is a lot of people's kryptonite lol. It does seem like BJ is in a lot better shape now than his previous fights with GSP. He straight up out worked Diego.

statik

statik

Awards
Hardy has better technical boxing (training with Freddie Roach helps), but overall striking I'd give to GSP. This fight, on paper, is horribly mismatched and I really think that Kos deserves a shot before Hardy. To date, Hardy has beaten 1 top-10 opponent (Swick) and that does not merit a title shot.
Well spoken. Rematches with Kos or Fitch would be more interesting. I personally can't stand Hardy and think he def needed to fight some top 10 guys before this shot.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GwJTF-kU0k&feature=fvw"]YouTube- GSP I: The Beginning[/nomedia]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX9dBuyB7CE&feature=related"]YouTube- GSP II: The Return[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qywJh4SXJg&feature=related"]YouTube- GSP III: The Battle of Champions[/ame]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_GTCIuedc&feature=related"]YouTube- GSP IV: Road to Glory[/nomedia]

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
incase u guys havnt seen these vids. u must watch them!!!

BigRed86

Awards
Hardy is a great stand up fighter but gsp has mended up all his weakpoints on standup. Gsp is gonna take this by a landslide.

Good luck to dan hardy though.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which do u think will end up being a more dominating performance?
What BJ did to Diego or what GSP is going to do to Dan.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
personally i'd like to see fitch fight gsp again...gsp is the only loss on fitch's record for awhile now...kos just seems like he rattles of 2 or 3 wins and then losses...but the question is who will lose first, bj in his weight class, gsp in his weight class, or anderson silva in his weight class

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Which do u think will end up being a more dominating performance?
What BJ did to Diego or what GSP is going to do to Dan.
I think BJ's performance will be. No one really questioned Diego's title shot, and BJ made him look really bad. Not that I don't think GSP in going to dominate. It's just that a lot of people don't believe Hardy is in his league as it is.

BigRed86

Awards
Yeah BJ just destroyed sanchez. I think the gsp, hardy fight will be alot more interesting.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
personally i'd like to see fitch fight gsp again...gsp is the only loss on fitch's record for awhile now...kos just seems like he rattles of 2 or 3 wins and then losses...but the question is who will lose first, bj in his weight class, gsp in his weight class, or anderson silva in his weight class
Fitch's career is at a crossroads right now as he has had little improvement in his game over the past couple of years. I'd personally be surprised in he beats Thiago because of his improved TD defense. Hell, he had trouble beating Pierce a few months back and he is nowhere near an elite WW.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It depends ultimately on how you define, "dominate." I think Diego's face will undoubtedly be worse for wear, but defining "dominance" by damage taken often does not tell the whole story: for example, fight metric registered GSP's performance over BJ himself as more dominant than BJ's victory over Diego, but it was not nearly as brutal - this is simply the result of differing fighting styles. In reality, I think Dan Hardy will amount even less offense than Diego was capable of producing, but the end result will be less bloody.

I agree with Rodja that Fitch is at a critical point in his career, and needs to either evolve or falter. His opponents have realized he employs largely the same strategy and technique from fight-to-fight, and his grind-it-out method will no longer be effective. I expect to see a Thiago Alves KO.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alves appears to be out of this fight due to an irregular artery in his brain.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, Alves is out of his fight with Fitch due to a failed cat scan

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fitch's career is at a crossroads right now as he has had little improvement in his game over the past couple of years. I'd personally be surprised in he beats Thiago because of his improved TD defense. Hell, he had trouble beating Pierce a few months back and he is nowhere near an elite WW.
good point, i guess i'm not really impressed by kos, sometimes he looks really good, then the next fight he gets beat...i'd love to see alves fight gsp again but alves really needs to improve his game and get in gear when it comes to his training if he recovers...fight magazine reported several months ago he shows up to the gym real late and stuff...he thinks he's a celebrity

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good point, i guess i'm not really impressed by kos, sometimes he looks really good, then the next fight he gets beat...i'd love to see alves fight gsp again but alves really needs to improve his game and get in gear when it comes to his training if he recovers...fight magazine reported several months ago he shows up to the gym real late and stuff...he thinks he's a celebrity
Kos has only lost to the elite of the elite WWs. Losing to Alves (on short notice), GSP, and Paulo is not a bad thing. I don't want to use the term fluke with his loss to Paulo, but that rematch really needs to happen. Winner gets next title shot.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
yeaa man id love to see him go up a weight class to face Anderson Silva!!!

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
i heard u can wach ufc 111 IN theaters? Is this true?

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I don't think hardy stands a chance. I thought Alves would give GSP a run for his money and got completely dominated and I'd go on a limb and says Alves has better Muay Thai than Hardy's stand-up. Unless Hardy has some unruly gameplan, GSP will stand up, let Hardy think he's getting in a striking war and is faring well, then take him down and dominate. Whether that means submission or just pounding on him for 5 rounds.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
alrite i watched all 3 of those ufc before the fight shows last night, hardy is a tool, he looks like a tool, acts like a tool, talks like a tool....i hope he gets worked.....i hate hearing ****y ppl talk a lot...it makes me mad no matter how confident they are...gsp was much more respectable on that show...hardy needs a good beating

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hardy's striking has been over vaunted, while his more-than-lacking TD defense and sub-par grappling have not been mentioned enough. In reality, he has far, far less of a chance than either Fitch or Alves.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which may go to show how easy it is to achieve credentials under Eddie Bravo, as Hardy has a brown belt under him.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which may go to show how easy it is to achieve credentials under Eddie Bravo, as Hardy has a brown belt under him.
That could also show the difference between MMA grappling and BJJ. Matt Serra got a 2nd place in ADCC in 2001 I believe, but has never really been able to use it in MMA.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is a good point, Rodja: the dynamics of position, momentum and leverage change when you are being punched in the face. Hardy had massive amounts of trouble grappling and wrestling with Marcus Davis, and that does not bode well for him.

While I think Hardy's strength will keep him in this for two or three rounds, he will fall eventually.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MS, you are being generous. I see this stopped in Rd 2. I give GSP a round to sort of feel him out, then thats it.

BTW, Mir and Carwin....predictions? I am torn. Logically I think Mir takes it by sub in the middle rds, but if he gets caught he will sleep quickly

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Mir gets drawn into a striking battle and KO'd. Though, I would prefer Carwin to lose, setting up Brock/Mir III, and have Carwin battle Cain/Dos Santos to setup a number one contender anew.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Mir gets drawn into a striking battle and KO'd. Though, I would prefer Carwin to lose, setting up Brock/Mir III, and have Carwin battle Cain/Dos Santos to setup a number one contender anew.
Mir has stated that he doesn't want to take Carwin out in the first round, but want so take him to the second just to see what Carwin looks like beyond the first.

Look for Mir "allowing" Carwin to enter the second round.

I would be anxious over a Lesnar/Mir III, but I sincerely want Carwin to knock Mir out, though I personally see Mir winning this, to my dismay.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mir has stated that he doesn't want to take Carwin out in the first round, but want so take him to the second just to see what Carwin looks like beyond the first.

Look for Mir "allowing" Carwin to enter the second round.

I would be anxious over a Lesnar/Mir III, but I sincerely want Carwin to knock Mir out, though I personally see Mir winning this, to my dismay.
There is no other fighter I loathe more than Frank Mir.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone in the heavyweight division needs to humiliate lesnar....i don't care who it is..someone needs to put him in his place asap

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone in the heavyweight division needs to humiliate lesnar....i don't care who it is..someone needs to put him in his place asap
I really don't think that will happen anytime soon. He's just that freak athlete that comes along once a generation. Lesnar has that ultimate intangible for MMA: he's just plain mean and with the talent to implement it.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
s
MS, you are being generous. I see this stopped in Rd 2. I give GSP a round to sort of feel him out, then thats it.

BTW, Mir and Carwin....predictions? I am torn. Logically I think Mir takes it by sub in the middle rds, but if he gets caught he will sleep quickly
You might be too generous as well. This could easily end in the first if GSP wanted to. I hope this looks like one of the most one sided fights so we can see those fancy kicks GSP hasn't pulled out of his bag for a long time.

Any word on Lesnar's recovery progress?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The issue is that GSP has not finished a fight early since Serra II; however, with that being said, he fought three top ten P4P fighters in a row. Not the easiest cats to finish.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't think that will happen anytime soon. He's just that freak athlete that comes along once a generation. Lesnar has that ultimate intangible for MMA: he's just plain mean and with the talent to implement it.
He really is a mean sob, and has some truly amazing god given talents. I dont know if any of the guys out there can humiliate him let alone beat him unless it is an ideal situation.

s

You might be too generous as well. This could easily end in the first if GSP wanted to. I hope this looks like one of the most one sided fights so we can see those fancy kicks GSP hasn't pulled out of his bag for a long time.

Any word on Lesnar's recovery progress?
I might be too generous, you are right :)

In terms of Lesnar, I heard July against either the winner of Mir/Carwin or Cain

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Its just hard to believe Hardy is that high up in the top 10. Hard to believe that he would beat Fitch, Alves or even Kos. I'm usually not a fan of quick wins but this would be the exception.
I'm pumped for the return of Lesnar but will he be as strong as he was? he was in bad shape for a while.
***anyone see the weigh ins?