forrest griffin

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Wtf. Did he throw the fight, or did he actually take n.o. Explode? Lol would explain a lot.

Bigblondekid

Awards
Seems to me like he got knocked out by one of the greatest fighters alive. I didn't see the fight but from what I heard Silva toyed with Griffin and then knocked him out. Just look at what happened to Franklin, and he was an amazing fighter. I think that Anderson Silva is just one of, if not the, best fighter in the UFC right now.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Heard forrest dislocated his jaw on first knockdown

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i heard the jaw issue as well. Shame

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Can anybody beat Silva? Nah

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is hard to say how the fight would have played out w/o a dislocated jaw. You have a particular nerve with three roots that runs through your jaw, known as the "trigeminal nerve". Its three branches or "roots" - the opthalamic nerve, the mandibular nerve and maxillary nerves - are bi-functional nerves that are responsible for both motor and sensory function, and carry synapses to the brain. Given this nerve's pathway, acute trauma can cause temporary hearing loss, loss of facial sensation, inhibition of the mastecation muscles, and, finally, unconsciousness. If Forrest's jaw was dislocated by the first KD, and his trigeminal nerve was pinched, trapped or clamped in anyway, a strong wind may have put him down. The KO was neither sad or embarrassing, just very unfortunate due to the place of injury.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Thank god. I really didn't think forrest gave a damn about being knocked out cause I've seen him take a lot more damage than that. Silva is a lot quicker though, and he caught his kick. Sigh

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
I want to see silvia kick the dung out of the biggest douchbag in the sport... brock "douchbag" leznar.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to see Silva beat up on Rampage at 205 or even Rashad, I dont think either stand a chance. I think at the end of the day we need Silva v. GSP.

SVT01

Awards
I want to see silvia kick the dung out of the biggest douchbag in the sport... brock "douchbag" leznar.
agreed....he is nothing more than an oversized blockhead ogre with no class what so ever he is not what a true champion should be (his interview after the Mir fight proved that)

give us Silva vs. GSP!!! i would love to see GSP own silva and shut this best pound-for-pound fighter in the world crap up for good.

GSP FTW

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to see Silva beat up on Rampage at 205 or even Rashad, I dont think either stand a chance. I think at the end of the day we need Silva v. GSP.
I concur. As I have said before, GSP's style is tailor-made to face Anderson, assuming the weight is balanced. Anderson's wrestling is suspect at best, and he only controlled Henderson on the ground b/c Hendo's jitz is not necessarily 'the best'. GSP has, IMO, better MMA wrestling than Hendo, and has the JJ savvy to avoid submissions and transitions from Silva on the ground. What would be the 'X Factor' is if GSP's chin can stand up to Silva's hands.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Seems to me like he got knocked out by one of the greatest fighters alive. I didn't see the fight but from what I heard Silva toyed with Griffin and then knocked him out. Just look at what happened to Franklin, and he was an amazing fighter. I think that Anderson Silva is just one of, if not the, best fighter in the UFC right now.
you think?.............lol

P4P spider IS the best, then GSP..........as far as UFC goes.

I got free lunch, again.........lol

thanks spidey......

PS........GSP does NOT beat spider.......

I will take ANY bet on this........

if that fight ever happens.

SpeedFreak21

Awards
I think GSP and Silva would be a sick fight but silva might be to tall and long arms for GSP to handle but thats why they get in the ring you never know

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you think?.............lol

P4P spider IS the best, then GSP..........as far as UFC goes.

I got free lunch, again.........lol

thanks spidey......

PS........GSP does NOT beat spider.......

I will take ANY bet on this........

if that fight ever happens.
Okay, I will bet you a $50 NP gift card. You will be my third gift card won on sporting events on AM! That is, if your money can release its death-grip on Diesel's testicles. ;)

GSP's resume is more impressive and his skills more diverse, but they are 1a and 1b at this point.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I will bet you a $50 NP gift card. You will be my third gift card won on sporting events on AM! That is, if your money can release its death-grip on Diesel's testicles. ;)

GSP's resume is more impressive and his skills more diverse, but they are 1a and 1b at this point.
Lol............

nice.........

I like your loyality to GSP....... I cant wait to see the beating he is gonna take................and i like GSP....... lol....... Silva is just a better fighter.

But its on!

Lets negotiate the wagers at a later date brah.......... like when the fight card is announced.......

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol............

nice.........

I like your loyality to GSP....... I cant wait to see the beating he is gonna take................and i like GSP....... lol....... Silva is just a better fighter.

But its on!

Lets negotiate the wagers at a later date brah.......... like when the fight card is announced.......
Well, that is debatable at best. GSP's wrestling and mat prowess are literally tailor made for the massive hole in Anderson's wrestling game. GSP's disadvantage is not skill, but size - technically, Anderson only holds an advantage in the striking aspect. This being said, GSP has not shown a propensity to get hit, as never took a single strike of significance against Thiago, and has scarcely taken damage since Penn I. Broken down logically, GSP has an advantage, skill-wise, in almost every aspect of the game. The real 'X Factor' here, and the one that would determine the fight, is whether or not GSP can adjust to the size/weight differential of Anderson, given that he is a very large MW. While he easily controlled a bigger, stronger Thiago, that facet remains to be seen. The size differential could prove to stunt GSP's wrestling gameplan, and leave him susceptible to Anderson's better striking - however, normalized to a common weight class for height/weight/reach and so forth - what P4P actually means - GSP is tailor-made to beat Anderson. It is Anderson's ungodly striking that makes him 1b. At any rate, your point is dubious brotha.

Anyway, we will bet either $50 or $100 gift cards - I mean, given your confidence that's nothing, right? :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In case anybody is wondering, Kris and I barb each other for fun.

I found this article interesting:

PHILADELPHIA – Hours after the most electrifying domination in a career filled with them, deep in a back hallway of the Wachovia Center, Anderson Silva was waiting for Dana White. Silva is the UFC’s middleweight (185-pound) champion but Saturday he boldly moved up 20 pounds and in a jaw-dropping exhibition, brutalized Forrest Griffin, who just nine months ago was the light heavyweight (205) title holder.

Silva knocked Griffin down twice, offered a hand to help him up once and then promptly floored him again for good at 3:23 of the first round of UFC 101. Most remarkably, he did it with a punch he threw while backpedaling.

It was a complete annihilation. Griffin failed to land a single punch and when he came to his senses, he sprung up and ran from the octagon, trying to push through a doctor’s examination.

“He might be in Georgia by now, he ran out and I haven’t seen him since,” White, the UFC president, joked.

That Silva could move up a weight class and not just win, but destroy with power, was a game-changing and perhaps UFC-altering moment. That’s what Silva and his manager, Ed Soares, wanted to discuss with White.

With his arm wrapped around White’s shoulder, Soares leaned in and delivered a proposition. “Spider” Silva would move permanently to light heavyweight, even if it meant the unorthodox move of giving up his middleweight belt.

“I can do that,” White smiled, a bit stunned at the offer. “I like that. We can do that.”

Soares smiled and shook White’s hand. Silva had been accosted by a fan by then and couldn’t hear White, but it was presumably the news he was seeking. The man has such outrageous confidence in his abilities he’s willing to potentially toss away a championship he’s owned for almost three years to take a challenge outside his comfort zone.

“I’d let him,” White said later, sitting in his quiet dressing room. “We’d put [the middleweight title] up for grabs.”

The hour was late and everyone’s excitement was still high. Perhaps plans and goals change by morning, so White didn’t know what to say officially. This was still just hurried talk. He knew this much though, as a promoter there are more blockbuster fights for Silva at 205 than 185, where he’s beaten everyone of note.

Silva’s next title defense was supposed to be against Dan Henderson, who Silva savagely choked out in March 2008.

“Who knows,” White said, wheels already spinning. “We’ll see what happens. In the talks I’ve had with Anderson, he wants to take on the best in the world. He’s the most talented fighter in the world, the best pound for pound fighter and it’s a joke to say anyone else is. And he wants to continue to prove [it].”

White thought for a moment.

“He would jump in that mix [at the top of the light heavyweight division],” White said. “You’ve got Rashad [Evans], you’ve got Rampage [Jackson], [Lyoto] Machida is the champion. And Tito [Ortiz] is in the mix now.”

If Silva did vacate the middleweight title to move up full time, the ironic thing is that he claims it wouldn’t be to pursue the light heavyweight belt. At least as long as it was held by Machida, a fellow Brazilian and training partner.

“Lyoto is my friend, he is my brother and there is no way that fight will ever happen,” Silva said.

White, coveting a clash between two men who are both unbeaten in UFC competition, brushes that talk aside.

“I’ll make it happen,” White said winking his eye. “It’s not even about money. It’s about proving you’re the best, it’s about securing your place in history. It’s about putting on a super fight that fans want to see.

“I’m all about making big fights that fans want to see.”

Saturday was one of those fights. Silva was motivated by criticism that his last two fights – both victories mind you ¬– were dull, so he gladly moved up to take on a dangerous Griffin, who was known for his attack dog style.

It was intriguing, at least until Silva started toying with Griffin. He knocked Griffin down at will, dared him to connect with a punch, challenged him to be as tough as his reputation and then finally just finished him.

Coming in there was a “Rocky” element to the fight, Griffin the heavy underdog with the Philly crowd firmly behind him and booing Silva. By the end, Griffin was gone and Silva was being cheered. It was the recognition of brilliance overcoming any easy Hollywood storylines.

“He wants to be involved in the biggest fights we can put together,” Soares said.

The fact Silva took this fight is a testament to that. The Brazilian is 25-4 overall and has won all 10 of his fights in the UFC. At age 34, he could’ve sat at middleweight and potentially won 10 more, making nice money with relatively little risk in a division he’s been untouchable in.

That isn’t him though. Not even close.

So not long after stunning the sport with a legendary performance, there he and his manager were, trying to force a back-hall huddle with the UFC kingmaker. Move Silva to light heavyweight for good, they suggested to White.

With nothing left to prove at middleweight, Anderson Silva now wants to lay waste to a whole new division of the UFC. He doesn’t need a belt to prove a thing.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Well, that is debatable at best. GSP's wrestling and mat prowess are literally tailor made for the massive hole in Anderson's wrestling game. GSP's disadvantage is not skill, but size - technically, Anderson only holds an advantage in the striking aspect. This being said, GSP has not shown a propensity to get hit, as never took a single strike of significance against Thiago, and has scarcely taken damage since Penn I. Broken down logically, GSP has an advantage, skill-wise, in almost every aspect of the game. The real 'X Factor' here, and the one that would determine the fight, is whether or not GSP can adjust to the size/weight differential of Anderson, given that he is a very large MW. While he easily controlled a bigger, stronger Thiago, that facet remains to be seen. The size differential could prove to stunt GSP's wrestling gameplan, and leave him susceptible to Anderson's better striking - however, normalized to a common weight class for height/weight/reach and so forth - what P4P actually means - GSP is tailor-made to beat Anderson. It is Anderson's ungodly striking that makes him 1b. At any rate, your point is dubious brotha.

Anyway, we will bet either $50 or $100 gift cards - I mean, given your confidence that's nothing, right? :)
We can do more brah, my pockets are not shallow..........(nor are they deep) But for this fight i can mortgage the farm:)

I hear your argument on paper. Thats fine......It happens EVERY SUNDAY during football season....The team that wins on paper loses........

That is a team loss, however, the analogy still holds merit in this argument. GSP on paper looks alot better,,,, except in raw instinct and striking. (training and experience are a given)

I honestly dont think we have seen the spider actually challenged by any fight he has had in the UFC............Maybe, and thats a big maybe that GSP will actually deliver.....lol.........not likely.

Make it $250 brah...............cash though..........I dont have the need for NP gift cards. Cash always stings a tad more as well......

See you on fight night.........:)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly dont think we have seen the spider actually challenged by any fight he has had in the UFC............Maybe, and thats a big maybe that GSP will actually deliver.....lol.........not likely.
Very true, GSP has shown a proclivity of crumbling under the pressure as of late - you know, destroying Fitch, Penn and Thiago in a row without losing a round. And of course, Anderson's wrestling is top-notch. :rolleyes: Apparently you just started watching MMA with TUF9?

Make it $250 brah...............cash though..........I dont have the need for NP gift cards. Cash always stings a tad more as well......

See you on fight night.........:)
If you want to lose that much money, I can easily swing that. Make sure you provide collateral and/or a contract, though: I have had to harass the last two losers for three weeks until I was payed - and the last one, on GSP/Thiago, still hasn't payed.

As I said, the fight plays out in a certain manner because GSP either masses properly, or he does not. This is a huge jump in weight for him, and it will dictate the fight. This being said, Anderson's wrestling game is suspicious at best, and GSP is the best wrestler in MMA, and has the most varied striking in MMA. As much as I appreciate Anderson, GSP matches up better with him than anybody else in MMA.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Very true, GSP has shown a proclivity of crumbling under the pressure as of late - you know, destroying Fitch, Penn and Thiago in a row without losing a round. And of course, Anderson's wrestling is top-notch. :rolleyes: Apparently you just started watching MMA with TUF9?

If you want to lose that much money, I can easily swing that.

As I said, the fight plays out in a certain manner because GSP either masses properly, or he does not. This is a huge jump in weight for him, and it will dictate the fight. This being said, Anderson's wrestling game is suspicious at best, and GSP is the best wrestler in MMA, and has the most varied striking in MMA. As much as I appreciate Anderson, GSP matches up better with him than anybody else in MMA.

Blah, Blah, Blah.............

Next time you hear from me I will be saying.......

Pay up trick.

lol..........

See you on the flip mullet............:)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Blah, Blah, Blah.............

Next time you hear from me I will be saying.......

Pay up trick.

lol..........

See you on the flip mullet............:)
Bye sweetie. Keep that money fresh for me. :bling:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to see Anderson at 205 full time and GSP full time at 185. Hell, make the winner of Nate/Maia fight Hendo for the belt. Give GSP a few tuneups at 185 then fight for the belt.

Anderson has a wide array at 205 to fight. Winner of Jardine/Thiago, Rampage, Shogun and Tito.

Would be great imo and open up better fights at 3 weightclasses (170,185, and 205).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In case anybody is wondering, Kris and I barb each other for fun.

I found this article interesting:

PHILADELPHIA – Hours after the most electrifying domination in a career filled with them, deep in a back hallway of the Wachovia Center, Anderson Silva was waiting for Dana White. Silva is the UFC’s middleweight (185-pound) champion but Saturday he boldly moved up 20 pounds and in a jaw-dropping exhibition, brutalized Forrest Griffin, who just nine months ago was the light heavyweight (205) title holder.

Silva knocked Griffin down twice, offered a hand to help him up once and then promptly floored him again for good at 3:23 of the first round of UFC 101. Most remarkably, he did it with a punch he threw while backpedaling.

It was a complete annihilation. Griffin failed to land a single punch and when he came to his senses, he sprung up and ran from the octagon, trying to push through a doctor’s examination.

“He might be in Georgia by now, he ran out and I haven’t seen him since,” White, the UFC president, joked.

That Silva could move up a weight class and not just win, but destroy with power, was a game-changing and perhaps UFC-altering moment. That’s what Silva and his manager, Ed Soares, wanted to discuss with White.

With his arm wrapped around White’s shoulder, Soares leaned in and delivered a proposition. “Spider” Silva would move permanently to light heavyweight, even if it meant the unorthodox move of giving up his middleweight belt.

“I can do that,” White smiled, a bit stunned at the offer. “I like that. We can do that.”

Soares smiled and shook White’s hand. Silva had been accosted by a fan by then and couldn’t hear White, but it was presumably the news he was seeking. The man has such outrageous confidence in his abilities he’s willing to potentially toss away a championship he’s owned for almost three years to take a challenge outside his comfort zone.

“I’d let him,” White said later, sitting in his quiet dressing room. “We’d put [the middleweight title] up for grabs.”

The hour was late and everyone’s excitement was still high. Perhaps plans and goals change by morning, so White didn’t know what to say officially. This was still just hurried talk. He knew this much though, as a promoter there are more blockbuster fights for Silva at 205 than 185, where he’s beaten everyone of note.

Silva’s next title defense was supposed to be against Dan Henderson, who Silva savagely choked out in March 2008.

“Who knows,” White said, wheels already spinning. “We’ll see what happens. In the talks I’ve had with Anderson, he wants to take on the best in the world. He’s the most talented fighter in the world, the best pound for pound fighter and it’s a joke to say anyone else is. And he wants to continue to prove [it].”

White thought for a moment.

“He would jump in that mix [at the top of the light heavyweight division],” White said. “You’ve got Rashad [Evans], you’ve got Rampage [Jackson], [Lyoto] Machida is the champion. And Tito [Ortiz] is in the mix now.”

If Silva did vacate the middleweight title to move up full time, the ironic thing is that he claims it wouldn’t be to pursue the light heavyweight belt. At least as long as it was held by Machida, a fellow Brazilian and training partner.

“Lyoto is my friend, he is my brother and there is no way that fight will ever happen,” Silva said.

White, coveting a clash between two men who are both unbeaten in UFC competition, brushes that talk aside.

“I’ll make it happen,” White said winking his eye. “It’s not even about money. It’s about proving you’re the best, it’s about securing your place in history. It’s about putting on a super fight that fans want to see.

“I’m all about making big fights that fans want to see.”

Saturday was one of those fights. Silva was motivated by criticism that his last two fights – both victories mind you ¬– were dull, so he gladly moved up to take on a dangerous Griffin, who was known for his attack dog style.

It was intriguing, at least until Silva started toying with Griffin. He knocked Griffin down at will, dared him to connect with a punch, challenged him to be as tough as his reputation and then finally just finished him.

Coming in there was a “Rocky” element to the fight, Griffin the heavy underdog with the Philly crowd firmly behind him and booing Silva. By the end, Griffin was gone and Silva was being cheered. It was the recognition of brilliance overcoming any easy Hollywood storylines.

“He wants to be involved in the biggest fights we can put together,” Soares said.

The fact Silva took this fight is a testament to that. The Brazilian is 25-4 overall and has won all 10 of his fights in the UFC. At age 34, he could’ve sat at middleweight and potentially won 10 more, making nice money with relatively little risk in a division he’s been untouchable in.

That isn’t him though. Not even close.

So not long after stunning the sport with a legendary performance, there he and his manager were, trying to force a back-hall huddle with the UFC kingmaker. Move Silva to light heavyweight for good, they suggested to White.

With nothing left to prove at middleweight, Anderson Silva now wants to lay waste to a whole new division of the UFC. He doesn’t need a belt to prove a thing.
Someone needs to send this article to Fedor.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to see Anderson at 205 full time and GSP full time at 185. Hell, make the winner of Nate/Maia fight Hendo for the belt. Give GSP a few tuneups at 185 then fight for the belt.

Anderson has a wide array at 205 to fight. Winner of Jardine/Thiago, Rampage, Shogun and Tito.

Would be great imo and open up better fights at 3 weightclasses (170,185, and 205).
Totally agree. I'm actually unsure how GSP would fare against Silva, given the size disparity - I just like getting under Kris' skin.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally agree. I'm actually unsure how GSP would fare against Silva, given the size disparity - I just like getting under Kris' skin.
I would love to see the fight, I do think Silva would most likely win, due to the size disparity and the fact he is still lightewning quick with the weight. However, take Silva out of 185 and move GSP in, and I love that weight class. There are a wide array of exciting fights

1. GSP v. Wanderlei
2. GSP v. Maia
3. GSP v. Nate (I know they are both in the same camp)
4. GSP v. Hendo (only one I see GSP struggling)

It completely changes the dynamic at 185. Then think of 205 with Anderson
1. Anderson v. Rampage
2. Anderson v. Rashad
3. Anderson v. Lyoto (wont happen, but dreaming)
4. Anderson v. Shogun
5. Anderson v. Tito

Lots of good fights all around

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to see the fight, I do think Silva would most likely win, due to the size disparity and the fact he is still lightewning quick with the weight. However, take Silva out of 185 and move GSP in, and I love that weight class. There are a wide array of exciting fights
The size difference really cannot be understated. While I think GSP is a superior athlete, competitor and fighter pound-for-pound, the fact that Silva can viably fight at 205 makes the divergence in poundage huge. In order to make that fight interesting, GSP would need to put on at least 20lbs of solid mass to reach a walking weight of ~210 or so. As I say, as long as the size is normalized, GSP's style is literally tailor-made to beat Anderson. I think it is safe to say Anderson has never faced a striker as varied or a wrestler as dominant as GSP [all respects to Hendo]. Again, though: the size difference is just massive.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
doesnt silva need to fight hendo first?

also GSP does need to fight in a higher class so we can see if hes a complete fighter. thats why i havnt said much about migel torres for p4p fighter. 135 is weak when u have a body like him hes like 5'9.

silva and gsp would be great. i think gsp would have a hard time with 185's like hendo and nate. real hard time. he would have to get those takedowns and avoid submissions on silva which he could do.

if machida and silva fight i think it would TOTALLY SUCK because they have have respect and not wanna finish eachother and it would be sorta like andersons last fight. and go to a boring decision. i still think anderson didnt wanna KTFO of TL because the whole brazil thing and such. btw im glad TL lost i hate him.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Mullet, your totally drunken with GSP koolaid my man :)

Let me preface all this by saying I am not an Anderson fan at all, he is a long way from being even in my top ten most liked fighters

To the fight the other night, I forget who above said something to the effect of I wonder how the fight would've gone had Griff's jaw not gotten broken......etc etc. I can tell you - the same way it went the whole time leading up to the breaking of his jaw. From the minute the fight started it was completely obvious who was going to win that fight, Anderson was just playing and having fun it seemed, not bothered in the least.

I honestly believe a lot of people who have fighters they like better than Anderson, or would like to see beat Anderson (aka ulterior motives) choose to ignore just how dominant Anderson has been. Even in the fights you guys say were "boring" that Anderson WON by the way - they weren't even close. This guy has dominated every fight he has had, and really never even been in trouble once. Some will say 185 has less talent, yes this is true. However, I dont see 205 being much different for Anderson, all I can go on so far is what I have seen, but Silva has done nothing short of completely dominated both fights to the point of it actually seeming to be a joke - and he is only going to get better at 205 from a weight standpoint. This guy is just a class act.

Silva vs. GSP - both are extremely talented fighters and I think GSP would most assuredly have the wrestling advantage, but I just don't think other than that he would have another advantage, very close in other areas? Yeh, but Anderson is not an idiot, he's a very smart fighter and knows that would be GSP's only chance, think he wouldn't come prepared? Just sayin.... From a striking standpoint, its lopsided in a big way, GSP is a good striker, but Anderson is the best in all of MMA (imo) and his style is so unorthodox it would be tough to prepare for. Anderson has some of the most accurate and deadly knees also in MMA which for a wrestler can be a monstrous detour. I have a very deep wrestling background and have been training for the past 2 years in MMA and I can assure guys with good knees make takedowns a LOT more difficult.

Anyways, it may seem I am just some kid with a hard-on for Anderson after the KTFO of Griff, but I have been making this case for the past year at the facility I train at. 99% of my points are based on fact, not opinion/bias. So take it how you will.

War Fedor! **** UFC!

crazymonk

crazymonk

Awards
lol at people who think gsp actually stands a chance against Silva.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
new word from griffins manager is no injuries from griffin. just dealing with the loss. he just got hit to many times on the botton soft or not.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
lol at people who think gsp actually stands a chance against Silva.
i think gsp stands a very good chance if anderson and gsp were to fight i would not be surprised if it turned out alot like gsp alves... but if anderson hits gsp theres a very good chance he will go down... :18:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anderson has some of the most accurate and deadly knees also in MMA which for a wrestler can be a monstrous detour. I have a very deep wrestling background and have been training for the past 2 years in MMA and I can assure guys with good knees make takedowns a LOT more difficult.
Yes, well the issue is that GSP has never faced a bigger, accurate and brutal MT striker. And if he did, he probably would not out-point him on the feet and then take him down at will. Oh yeah, that just happened, ha. :D

Seriously though, most fans are fickle and tend to gravitate towards "who's hot" - i.e., who just had a brutal knockout - when these types of discussions come up, and it takes a lot of objectivity out of the discussion. It happened within Anderson's first three fights, despite the fact the MW division is the weakest division in MMA - obviously, the talk surrounding Anderson is going to heat up more post-Griffin. In reality, though, his resume is simply weaker than GSP's and/or Fedor's, but they are all very close. I broke down the three by the numbers previously, and said Anderson needed a great performance to be considered on Fedor/GSP's level; thus, you could reasonably say the are 1a, 1b, 1c for now.

As for who would win in a fight, it is hard to say. (Again, I just love messing with Kris.) What you are missing is that GSP's wrestling is the best in MMA because of his striking, not despite it: GSP outpointed Alves on the feet - who was to have a decided advantage - and took him down once the bait was set. His speed, athleticism, wrestling and varied striking attack make him a horrible, horrible match-up for Anderson stylistically, and there is no other way to say that. (The Hendo fight was a prototype for how to control Anderson - except GSP's striking, jitz and MMA wrestling are better than Hendo's.) Now, what actually makes this a 60/40 probability for Anderson is size, and not skill: the fact he can move up to 205 and give up no size to Griffin is troublesome for this potential fight.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
fivenuckles has a story simply titled Run Forrest Run

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I think GSP could beat Silva if they met at a catch weight, but it would be very difficult for him to do it. The size/strength advantage is hard to overlook. I'd love to see it though. I have a feeling Silva would not be doing his ****y showboat antics if he was in the ring with GSP.

Flip it to the other side, and I have zero doubts that Fedor would destroy Silva if they could ever fight. I'd rather see that than Fedor vs Lesner. Ok, destroy is not the right word, but rather the emotional word, lol. I'd pick Fedor to beat Silva, and I think it would be an awesome fight (and make them lots of $$$) too

Lyoto Machida vs Silva would be a very, very interesting fight. Too bad Silva says he won't do it - they are both extremely elusive and fast.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think GSP could beat Silva if they met at a catch weight, but it would be very difficult for him to do it. The size/strength advantage is hard to overlook. I'd love to see it though. I have a feeling Silva would not be doing his ****y showboat antics if he was in the ring with GSP.

Flip it to the other side, and I have zero doubts that Fedor would destroy Silva if they could ever fight. I'd rather see that than Fedor vs Lesner. Ok, destroy is not the right word, but rather the emotional word, lol. I'd pick Fedor to beat Silva, and I think it would be an awesome fight (and make them lots of $$$) too

Lyoto Machida vs Silva would be a very, very interesting fight. Too bad Silva says he won't do it - they are both extremely elusive and fast.
Theoretically, if Machida and Silva were in someway, somehow coerced to fight, it would be a super lame fight. At best it'd be a front seat to a sparring session, I don't think either one could bring themselves to finish off the other. It'd be a multimillion dollar sparring match in my opinion. Anything less then some sort of horrific, bad blood fall out, a Machida/Silva fight would not be exciting. The Brazilians are no joke when it comes to respect and loyalty for their brothers in arms (there are exceptions, but these two are the exceptionally loyal versions). Unlike Rampage/Hendo or Lidell/Ortiz fight, I don't think you'd have either Machida or Silva going in to finish the guy.

Fedor/Silva or Silva/GSP? I'm not thoroughly convinced Silva is in Fedor's league yet. I'd almost rather see Silva beat/fight GSP to see if he could handle Fedor. Silva's weak points are his TD defense and getting flustered fighting off his back and GSP happens to have the UFC's number one TD's, along with being able to control from the top like no one else. If Silva could overcome a fighter like GSP, where GSP's style would be his kryptonite, then I'd really want to see a Silva/Fedor.

In terms of skill sets, Fedor is complete, Silva is 90%, that lack being his TDD and working off his back. Plus, Fedor would have the power/strength advantage on top of his superior skill set.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either way, a Fedor in the UFC fight is years off I'm sure, unless Strikeforce sinks prematurely.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Theoretically, if Machida and Silva were in someway, somehow coerced to fight, it would be a super lame fight. At best it'd be a front seat to a sparring session, I don't think either one could bring themselves to finish off the other. It'd be a multimillion dollar sparring match in my opinion. Anything less then some sort of horrific, bad blood fall out, a Machida/Silva fight would not be exciting. The Brazilians are no joke when it comes to respect and loyalty for their brothers in arms (there are exceptions, but these two are the exceptionally loyal versions). Unlike Rampage/Hendo or Lidell/Ortiz fight, I don't think you'd have either Machida or Silva going in to finish the guy.

Fedor/Silva or Silva/GSP? I'm not thoroughly convinced Silva is in Fedor's league yet. I'd almost rather see Silva beat/fight GSP to see if he could handle Fedor. Silva's weak points are his TD defense and getting flustered fighting off his back and GSP happens to have the UFC's number one TD's, along with being able to control from the top like no one else. If Silva could overcome a fighter like GSP, where GSP's style would be his kryptonite, then I'd really want to see a Silva/Fedor.

In terms of skill sets, Fedor is complete, Silva is 90%, that lack being his TDD and working off his back. Plus, Fedor would have the power/strength advantage on top of his superior skill set.
I think you're right. Although Silva didn't go for blood with Forrest either. I could see a Machida/Silva fight looking more like a sparring session. Their promos would definitely be unhyped and clean.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah it would. prolly be a co main event also. haha well maybe maybe not.

i think gsp would not be able to handle the distance with a. silva (dont freak out everyone haha)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which it will!
I hate to break it to you, but they've been around just a tad longer than the Zuffa-owned UFC.

Also, there have been zero confirmed reports on the dislocated jaw story. The medical suspensions came out and Forrest only received a 30-day suspension, which is standard when losing a fight by (T)KO.

101 Suspensions

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Holy chit :18::lol5::laugh2::laugh2:

Look at rogan next white :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I actually got tears rolling down my face looking at rogan pop up.:laugh2::laugh2:

zagdawg22

Awards
silva would kill GSP. i dont think its a knock (no pun intended lol) on griffin, silvas just that good. hes the best in ufc, bar none. im drooling for a machida/silva show!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
silva would kill GSP. i dont think its a knock (no pun intended lol) on griffin, silvas just that good. hes the best in ufc, bar none. im drooling for a machida/silva show!
All due respect to Silva's increasing talent, however, although I would favor Silva in a fight against GSP, in terms of style vs style and a very specific weakness to strength ratio that exists between these two particular fighters (Silva/GSP), it could actually be a very good fight, theoretically.

The biggest mediating factor in a GSP/Silva fight would depend on how big of an issue Silva's size would be to GSP. Silva doesn't work well off his back and GSP specializes in putting people on their backs, along with one of MMA's most reputable ground control ability.

I'm not really a GSP fan, of the two, I actually like Silva better, but objectively speaking, the style of fighter GSP is, is the only real weakness Silva has (TDD, working off the back).

In theory, I would LOVE to see Silva and Machida go at it, but realistically, apart from Silva having already sworn he wouldn't fight his training partner, Machida, even if Dana managed to coerce them to fight, two inherently defensive and evasive fighters, who are reluctant to attack each other, makes for 5 rounds of pace checking pokes and foot work. I think it'd be worse then a Hapkido tournament (exaggerated analogy). I think a Silva/Machida fight would be the hottest fight in all of MMA right now, "on paper," but unless they have some sort of bad blood falling out, a Silva/Machida "fight," would be a very expensive sparring session at best, imo.

zagdawg22

Awards
in terms of style vs style and a very specific weakness to strength ratio that exists between these two particular fighters (Silva/GSP), it could actually be a very good fight, theoretically.
i can fully agree with that, then i think of silva and my mind tells me "gsp would get KO'd." :laugh2:

i know the fight with him and machida wouldnt happen without something going down, but you hit it on the head when you said it'd be the hottest fight in mma. how about fedor and meatbag, err... brock.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All due respect to Silva's increasing talent, however, although I would favor Silva in a fight against GSP, in terms of style vs style and a very specific weakness to strength ratio that exists between these two particular fighters (Silva/GSP), it could actually be a very good fight, theoretically.

The biggest mediating factor in a GSP/Silva fight would depend on how big of an issue Silva's size would be to GSP. Silva doesn't work well off his back and GSP specializes in putting people on their backs, along with one of MMA's most reputable ground control ability.

I'm not really a GSP fan, of the two, I actually like Silva better, but objectively speaking, the style of fighter GSP is, is the only real weakness Silva has (TDD, working off the back).

In theory, I would LOVE to see Silva and Machida go at it, but realistically, apart from Silva having already sworn he wouldn't fight his training partner, Machida, even if Dana managed to coerce them to fight, two inherently defensive and evasive fighters, who are reluctant to attack each other, makes for 5 rounds of pace checking pokes and foot work. I think it'd be worse then a Hapkido tournament (exaggerated analogy). I think a Silva/Machida fight would be the hottest fight in all of MMA right now, "on paper," but unless they have some sort of bad blood falling out, a Silva/Machida "fight," would be a very expensive sparring session at best, imo.
I have realized saying anything but, "With one arm tied behind his back, Silva would rape and murder GSP's entire camp" is unacceptable right now, V. You have to remember: we are talking about the guy who beat Chris Leben and was proclaimed P4P#1 right after.

Seriously, though: in either combat sport, after a beautiful KO of any competitor, people's minds get fuzzy. I would bet dollars to doughnuts half the people that are saying "Anderson destroys GSP" also said, "Alves destroys GSP" - and then clamored for an Anderson/GSP super-fight after Georges destroyed Thiago. I find you get much more "swing" in opinion with MMA than any other sport [like Machida beating one top-ten pound-for-pound and it being, "The Machida Era"]. Perspective gets thrown out the window quite easily. For example: the fact that Forrest was hand chosen to fight Anderson because he is the perfect style match-up to make Anderson look great, not necessarily to beat him.

(That wasn't directed at anybody in particular. I just notice MMA opinion from fans to sportswriters shifts pretty easily. Fedor was the most beloved figure in the sport, and now he is hated, for another example.)

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
chris leben as gay as he is have a decent track record. andersons pride record was good too. not HUGE names like fedor but good. i think that fight could go either way it all comes down to what guy shows up. fighting at 185 could be very hard for gsp tho. they should meet at 177 haha

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chris leben as gay as he is have a decent track record. andersons pride record was good too. not HUGE names like fedor but good. i think that fight could go either way it all comes down to what guy shows up. fighting at 185 could be very hard for gsp tho. they should meet at 177 haha
I am not knocking A. Silva; just pointing out how people are quick to either praise and/or dismiss a fighter, especially in light of KOs.