Bad name for mma

R

RobbyG66

Awards
I don't have enough posts to link you guys to the article. If somebody wants to help me out. Its about teen kids starting there own mma fight clubs and puting it on youtube and fight at each others house.

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
yeah Iv'e read prob a half dozen similar articles from around the country. it's mostly idiots who watch Pitt/Norton duke it out , then see the Kimbo nuthugging train roll by , then see these cats that get the rockstar treatment when they win in UFC and think they should start doing MMA in there local county park . Or at school or something . It absolutely does not help the image of an already violent(yet awesome) sport but I never read about anything being done past the parents or teachers getting pissed and suspending the kids or something . Hopefully it will never go any farther than that , new york has been showing it's intolerance of MMA for a looong time and we don't need anything to boost or lend creedance to such an attitude. Oh yeah , sorry but I don't have enough posts to help you out :dunno:

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
I think it is cool. It's great when stupid kids learn stuff the hard way.

AlbinoRhino44

AlbinoRhino44

Awards
I think it is cool. It's great when stupid kids learn stuff the hard way.
haha thats messed up. i dont care if stupid kids beat on eachother, but if it ruins MMA thats just wrong!

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be suprised if this kind of thing evntually gets blamed on the increased exposure of mma on tv. People like to place the blame anywhere but themselves. It isn't their crappy parenting that lead to their children beating the crap out each other in the basement, it's the UFC! :ugh2:

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be suprised if this kind of thing evntually gets blamed on the increased exposure of mma on tv. People like to place the blame anywhere but themselves. It isn't their crappy parenting that lead to their children beating the crap out each other in the basement, it's the UFC! :ugh2:
Duh? Didn't you get the Memo??

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I don't see it hurting mma in anyway. There were fight clubs in my tech college I knew about where a bunch of mma guys I trained with went every friday night, and it didn't affect anyone's views on MMA. There were fight clubs in High School back in 2000+ that fought at a place called the "crossroads." Parents and school officials knew about it. They viewed it as kids being stupid and delinquent.

My point is real MMA is a sport. Its about technique and training. People know the difference between professionals in UFC or boxers in the ring, and a bunch of idiot kids being stupid. It would be like saying kids that get hurt in rugby and backyard ball (aka football with no pads), are making a bad name for college football and the NFL. The media just has nothing better to report on.

If kids wanna be stupid and fight, let em. They did it when I was younger, they did it 50 yrs ago, and they will do it 50 yrs from now. Well, I dont know bout the latter. I heard we are all dead in 2012 so,... until then i guess.:laugh:

S

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I hear that - bring on the Dark Planet !! My u/g bomb shelter is almost done !:wall: Some local cats tried to do the fight club thing around here but I told them it was a bad idea , they call me a pussy and I say ; Enjoy communicable hepatitis morons . :fing26: