SIT THE FUKC DOWN EVANS!!!!!!!!!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Thats right baby!!! Good night buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
That was painful to watch.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I jumped out of my chair!!!! He is amazing

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm happy Lyoto won, but I hope Rampage wupps his ass:D

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
While I was still rooting for him, I think Evans needed this loss. He was getting way too over-confident. He's a good fighter but not THAT good. I'm hoping he regroups, hones his techique, and comes back a better fighter.
In conclusion:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfY-aXGcBY&feature=related"]YouTube - YOU GOT KNOCKED THA FUGGG OUT!!![/ame]

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lyoto is going to hold that belt for a long time. I do not see rampage or anyone else causing any major concern for him.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Lyoto is going to hold that belt for a long time. I do not see rampage or anyone else causing any major concern for him.
I agree.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I agree completely. He didnt just beat evans, he demolished him. At no point was he in any danger, and as much as i like rampage, evans is faster than he is, and machida made him look like he was in slow motion.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
machida is a very special fighter. very quick, elusive, powerful, and seems totally calm at all times

Cfour

Cfour

Awards
  • Established
Thats right baby!!! Good night buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been saying it for a month! Peeps at work would laugh! I knew this dude was for real. Thiago Silva ain't no push over & he ate his lunch! He will wear this belt for awhile!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rashad got destroyed...I didn't know that Lyoto was that good. He sort of came out of no-where and then started destroying guys... He's not terribly charismatic and doesn't look that built...plus with the karate back ground I thought he was just a mid level guy.

The way he destroyed Rashad was unreal. I don't see Rampage beating this guy...I don't see anyone beating this guy. Too awkward when he throws.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
What's even scarier is that he made this last matchup mainly a brawl. No takedowns (which he has plenty), no submission attempts, etc. He's got much more than what he showed. Scary.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Most people are naive to the real power of Shotakan Karate. If you didn't see Shotokan then you haven't been to a good school. Sure he cross trains & most good Shotokan schools do.

I got my black belt in Kung Fu, then joined a Great Shotokan School & had my ribs bruised month after month from sparring.

Shotokan is the real deal. Machida has brought the word "ART" back into MMA & the UFC! "KARATE IS BACK"...........Machida!!!!!!!!!!

RedDragon73

RedDragon73

Awards
Been on the Machida wagon for a while. He is a very well rounded fighter. Shotokan black belt. BJJ black belt. Sumo. He will have the belt for a while.

What sucks is that this will probably actually serve to further water down what good karate that there is in the US. The McDojo's will definitely try to cash in on the Machida frenzy.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love the way now hes champ, everyone was on the band wagon before he was cool, and everyone knew the real power of karate when we all doubted it lawl.

Get a grip, Machida is unique, he is only 1 fish in the ocean that has been able to employ Karate technique, and even then his striking is not pure Shotakan, i believe he called is Karate "Machida".

His own brand.

All i know is, that chin is open and exposed when he comes in the way he does.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
his chin is sometimes exposed, but no one ever hits it. I think the compu-stats of the Evans fights shows 4 landed for Evans.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, ive only ever seen a few shots hit him clean.

I wonder how he'd do with a 205lb inshape vitors hand speed or the shogun was saw in pride and a little in his last fight.

When Rashad had it there were tons of match ups but now we have the same position at 205 as we have in 185 and 170.

Very shallow pools.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I agree there is shallow pools at 185 and maybe even 170, though i would have to disagree about 205. As far as how machida would fare against old shogun and such, lets not forget that rashad made everyone he fought look silly for the most part, and machida demolished him. His chin is exposed to a degree, but note how his stance has his head always wayyyyy back out of reach, and his footwork mis eratic, and hard to nail down. Rashad is known to have fast hands and machida made him look like someone hit the pause button on rashad.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I love the way now hes champ, everyone was on the band wagon before he was cool, and everyone knew the real power of karate when we all doubted it lawl.

Get a grip, Machida is unique, he is only 1 fish in the ocean that has been able to employ Karate technique, and even then his striking is not pure Shotakan, i believe he called is Karate "Machida".

His own brand.

All i know is, that chin is open and exposed when he comes in the way he does.
I can't speak for everyone else but I trained in the art and always said it was the real deal and very practical. The counter strike Machida uses alot is a reverse punch and has tons of power.
I don't know about everyone else but the many of the fighters in the UFC were startiing to look the same as far as striking, throwing looping sledgehammer hooks hoping to land something.
Rogan and many others keep saying his style is "Unorthodox". To me that's is a load of crap. His is perhaps the closest to an pure Orthodox striking Art we have seen in the UFC in along time and to me it's a relief!
Rogan was right when he said the striking in the UFC is subpar to the striking in K1 and boxing.
Machida has brought KARATE back to the UFC and the limelight, he said so himself. A great practical ART that stresses striking and footwork.
KARATE IS BACK!

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep i got into martial arts at 4 years old via Karate (wado ryu) and stuck with it for 12 years.

It has some excellent base principles.

205 imo looks extremely shallow now, like you said Rashad was looking like he was up there with the best in the division then Machida ruins him.

Not just beats or KO's but negates his whole game whilst imposing his.

Thats what makes it shallow imo. Sure the fight for contention is ok, but as for real and actual contenders to his style, very few.

Anyone know what his BJJ is like? I know BJ Penn couldnt sub him but Machida had about 30lbs on him i think.

My uncle is an ex world champ in the same style as GSP, and 5th dan, when i sparr with him in MMA training he is like lightning.

In, peppers me with precision shots and POOF gone again, but over the last 14 months ive learnt some perfect counters for it and the fact he keeps his hips pushed forward.

Am i saying i could beat Machida? LOL no. Im not even saying countering would work in this fashion.

Point is, over time, coaches and fighters will adapt no matter how unorthadox the technique is.

Think Gracie and UFC 1. "Hes got him in some sort of hold"

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
umm 205 shallow? we have like 9 or the top 10 ranked fighters in the world and thats shallow? poor statement. you might me a lot have fought eachother????

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Shallow as in terms of title contention.

Of course UFC is going to have the top ranked in the world in most divisions, its basically a monopoly.

We already have fighters going up and down weights to take fights because theres no one in their division worthy of a shot, the talent divide is huge and seemingly none more so than at 205.

Who is there to take on Machida given his ultimate destruction of Evans?

People are saying Evans wasent a great fighter but we're forgetting who he dispatched to get there.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont disagree about 205. It does seem shallow now. In all honesty, Cain, Shogun, Jardine maybe Franklin again or even Hendo dont seem as though they are legit threats. I think Hendo could be the most interesting of the bunch in all honesty

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup if hendo destroys Bisping (im praying he wont) he should go up and fight Machida but more than likely will go for Silva again.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is pateint enough to make machida work.

Also, I hope he destroys Bisping, he is going to need to end it, as a decision will go to Bisping

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I doubt it mate, not since the Hamil fight, i think if anyone has to end it, it will be Mike.

Hendo is MMA gold and a HOF'er, Mike is a cocky Brit with no love in the US.

tbh, if i was an American, id want Hendo to ruin Mike too. I can see why you guys hate him, but i cant help but love him (no gay) ha

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I liked Bisping in the UF, but since the "win" over Hammil, I have lost a lot of love for the guy. He's just a decent fighter, nothing special if you ask me.

205 sports no real title shots...which is amazing, since before this win over Rashad, I would have thought it deep. I don't see anyone (certainly not Rampage and I love that guy) standing up to Machida. It's kind of interesting, there are a ton of good 205 fighters, but no one that can touch Machida from the looks of it. Luckily, with the way the UFC fights it's guys, he will burn out in a year and we will see someone else kick the **** out of him. I think that is the only part of the UFC I don't like. I am all for guys fighting often (boxing pisses me off to no end) but every 2-3 months is pretty rough.

I think Rashad vs. Rampage would be good...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its funny, to me bisping is a solid fighter but not great at anything imparticular. I dont think he will be able to handle Dan once he is up against the cage.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Am I the only person apprehensive about claiming a Machida dynasty prior to ever seeing him defend the belt? Anything can happen ala GSP-Serra I. I agree the guy is amazing, but I will reserve my personal coronation ceremony until he defends at least once.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Styles make matches as the saying goes.

the 205lb is stacked deep with wrestlers and sluggers, who Machida does well against.

Hes awesome no doubt, but is unproven in a lot of respects, especially on the ground and when his chin is tested by someone fast enough.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah hes a F'n stud but he needs to defend it twice before we can say no one can beat this guy! and yeah yeah im sure a bunch of you know peopel can beat him but most say he wont lose. anything can happen jsut like the guy above said that about matt serra. page throws bombs and one can land