Diego Sanchez Vs. Sean Sherk

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Who would win?
Obviously Diego Couldn't beat BJ Penn which is what Dana W is going to promote after Penn walks over Kenny F which is rumored for UFC 99.
But could Diego even handle Sherk??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, he will get overpowered and out wrestled.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I think so too. Probably even out boxed. I like seeing Diego get beat though I won't count him out as a boring fighter. I never thought Joe Daddy could beat him but I honestly thought Diego would have looked more impressive against him. And he didn't.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
DIEGO SANCHEZ VS CLAY GUIDA HEAD TUF 9 FINALE thats whats happeing next. took that from mmaweekly. Clay Guida has terrible strikes hes so screwed IMO. they want sanchez to get a good K.O. at 155 against a worthy opponent. Guida is sick tho i love that guy

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Dude I just read that and I'm stoked. Personally I thought Clay was a chump and a freak early last year. I think he crazy entertaining now. He beat some good people with that terrible hair flying in his face. Him and Josh K need a cut..but anyway I wouldn't count him out completely. In fact I'm totally in his corner though I think he won't get the win but I look forward to his fights. I think Dana knows he'd [Diego] be finished if he matched him with Sean Sherk which why they are both fighting different people.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i have to say i disagree with you. i think after this fight diego will do better hes so young and his striking is geetting great he didnt k.o. joe daddy cuz he was getting out of the way not bangin with him that much. sherk is damn good it could go wither way 50/50 but i dont think dana thinks its too tough. maybe dana thinks he jsut needs more exp at 155 itsw hard going 185 to 170 to 155 damn i hate to hear how hard these guys cut. gsp 190? anderson silva has been at 215 and before his 205 james irvin destruction i heard he was almost 230. we will see diego fight sherk sooner or later and i think it will be a great battle. sherk roids for the win and deigos weed for the win hahaha jk

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
But by your logic, if Diego was trying to avoid any hard hitting with Joe Daddy you gotta think Sherk would be even harder and faster with the strikes. Take both fights with BJ Penn. Joe Daddy worked his ass off and still looked not even close to BJ's level. Sherk worked his ass off and kept coming at BJ. Unfortunately when you just keep coming at BJ you look like a mound of ground beef such as Sherk but IMO Sherk looked slightly above Joe Daddy's skill level with striking ability endurance.
There's just something to be said for going all 3 rounds with BJ Penn and all 5 rounds with Matt Hughes. Joe Daddy couldn't get past the second round. Diego would have a bit more trouble fighting Sherk. And Diego only won by decision instead of knocking out or submitting Joe. That even says something about Joe's skills compared to Diego's at the present moment.
Ok after all is said and done you might think well Diego just cut down to 155 and he's done pretty good having just recently put his body through all this and will only get better really fast, and this is true but all I'm saying is if he had to fight Sherk in the next month he'd not be as ready as he could be and would have real problems.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But by your logic, if Diego was trying to avoid any hard hitting with Joe Daddy you gotta think Sherk would be even harder and faster with the strikes. Take both fights with BJ Penn. Joe Daddy worked his ass off and still looked not even close to BJ's level. Sherk worked his ass off and kept coming at BJ. Unfortunately when you just keep coming at BJ you look like a mound of ground beef such as Sherk but IMO Sherk looked slightly above Joe Daddy's skill level with striking ability endurance.
There's just something to be said for going all 3 rounds with BJ Penn and all 5 rounds with Matt Hughes. Joe Daddy couldn't get past the second round. Diego would have a bit more trouble fighting Sherk. And Diego only won by decision instead of knocking out or submitting Joe. That even says something about Joe's skills compared to Diego's at the present moment.
Ok after all is said and done you might think well Diego just cut down to 155 and he's done pretty good having just recently put his body through all this and will only get better really fast, and this is true but all I'm saying is if he had to fight Sherk in the next month he'd not be as ready as he could be and would have real problems.
Stop using MMAMath; it never works. BJ/Sherk was a 5 round fight that was stopped at the end of the 3rd because Sherks was TKO'd at the bell.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Who would win?
Obviously Diego Couldn't beat BJ Penn which is what Dana W is going to promote after Penn walks over Kenny F which is rumored for UFC 99.
But could Diego even handle Sherk??
i wouldnt be so quick to say that he will walk thru k-flo.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
joe daddy was running from deigo dude he was just hanging on. diego was the more agressive one while joe threw the same jabs and punches. you twisted mine around.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
joe daddy was running from deigo dude he was just hanging on. diego was the more agressive one while joe threw the same jabs and punches. you twisted mine around.
I did. I see that now.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah i think it would be a war but gotta get **** rollin sherks getting old man

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Sherk is up there. Speaking of old on the MMAJunkie I read that Matt Hughes is considering moving up a weight class. I can see Dana telling him the same thing he told Shamrock, "I'd rather pay you not to fight anymore"

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
sherk has fight left in him for sure. hughes uhhh not as much but hes still got some. its been a long time since we have seen him

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm pumped to see him fight Serra.... thats about it though. He's not gonna have much more success going up a weight class. If anything he could try dropping but that body frame looks like there's no chance.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
hughes is like one of my favorite fighters of all time. in his prime he was unstoppable, and is called the most dominating 170lber ever. but having said that, he needs to retire.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
a drop would be ugly. gonig to 185 he would be out striked by the top 10 easy. i think he will beat serra but theres a lot of guys coming up who look like they will beat him. anthony johnson! unless it went to the ground hahaha hughes is an awesome guy got so much respect. i would like him to win his next 2 fights and be done. he will be a legend for sure

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
a drop would be ugly. gonig to 185 he would be out striked by the top 10 easy. i think he will beat serra but theres a lot of guys coming up who look like they will beat him. anthony johnson! unless it went to the ground hahaha hughes is an awesome guy got so much respect. i would like him to win his next 2 fights and be done. he will be a legend for sure
indeed.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt be so quick to say that he will walk thru k-flo.
Totally agree, why no respect for K-Flo? Will he lose to Penn? most likely. But walk through, no chance. Kenny constantly Improves his game every fight. And has shown himself to be dedicated, focused and a calm, composed tactician inside the octagon. I love BJ, but if he thinks to take him lightly......think again.:bandit:

johnnyjuice

johnnyjuice

Awards
  • Established
sherk will win!stronger,faster,better wrestler.yea k-flo is a great fitghter and keeps getting better!

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
We should all keep in mind that Diego's last fight was his first one at 155. I am sure he will do better against Clay and that is going to be a great fight!

In the past, Diego has not done well with guys that are better submission wrestlers and can push him around. I think diego would lose the decision to Sherk in a great high paced fight.

btw....if Sherk beats Frankie in May (very likely, but good fight) then he gets the winner of Penn/Florian in the fall. He is the #3 guy at 55, only because he already fought Penn and lost (he is really #2 in my book since he beat Kenny before).

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
We should all keep in mind that Diego's last fight was his first one at 155. I am sure he will do better against Clay and that is going to be a great fight!

In the past, Diego has not done well with guys that are better submission wrestlers and can push him around. I think diego would lose the decision to Sherk in a great high paced fight.

btw....if Sherk beats Frankie in May (very likely, but good fight) then he gets the winner of Penn/Florian in the fall. He is the #3 guy at 55, only because he already fought Penn and lost (he is really #2 in my book since he beat Kenny before).
That would be awesome. Diego should be 2 also since he too beat Kenny. Though it was a completely different Kenny and would be a totally different fight. But Sherk is a very entertaining fighter.

Totally agree, why no respect for K-Flo? Will he lose to Penn? most likely. But walk through, no chance. Kenny constantly Improves his game every fight. And has shown himself to be dedicated, focused and a calm, composed tactician inside the octagon. I love BJ, but if he thinks to take him lightly......think again.:bandit:
Oh not at all!!! Kenny went from sad to bad in the blink of an eye. He definitely found his MMA spinach. His last 3 wins... well maybe 2 (not a big Joe L. fan) were major. Its kinda hard to imagine most of these guys beating the BJ though. Anything is possible and BJ has been beat in the past... its just that they were by major hall of famers ...mostly.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh not at all!!! Kenny went from sad to bad in the blink of an eye. He definitely found his MMA spinach. His last 3 wins... well maybe 2 (not a big Joe L. fan) were major. Its kinda hard to image most of these guys beating the BJ though. Anything is possible and BJ has been beat in the past... its just that they were by major hall of famers ...mostly.
Everyone who has beaten BJ is a HoF'er (Jens, Hughes, GSP, Lyoto)

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
That would be awesome. Diego should be 2 also since he too beat Kenny. Though it was a completely different Kenny and would be a totally different fight. But Sherk is a very entertaining fighter.
I like both guys and Kenny has improved a lot. Sherk has improved as well, particularly in the stand up. I think it will be pretty much the same fight, with Sherk using the stand up to close the gap and bully him around again, then unitilize the ground/pound to achieve decision/late TKO.

It is simply a bad style match up for Kenny. If it is one area that Kenny has/is lacking in its his TD defence, which will not be good enough to hold off Sherk for five rounds (including grabbing the cage whenever he can!). Kenny will not submit Sherk and Kenny probably will not be knocked out.

This fight may very well happen again if Kenny beats Penn....that in itself depends on what Penn shows up. :)

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Anthony Johnson is badass with his hands. Not good for Hughes. Yeah I'd like for Hughes to go out with a bang too. He was an awesome champ. Serra's the only person he should be fighting because of the grudge they have but after that I'd be really surprised to see a real come back. Heart breaking to say...

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
From back when they were both coaches on the ultimate fighter. They were supposed to fight once it was over but i think serra had some injury. They might have had issues from before that as well.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Serra thinks Hughes is an "egomaniac" and.....I agree. Now, now calm down boys, before you jump all over me! He is one of the greatest ever. Cannot be argued, a true champion deserving of all his accolades.
but as a guy, from what I have seen of him anyway he seems like a real wanka (Aussie to American translation: Wanka=Jerk off/****) I remember on TUF when he had his team all reading passages from the bible.....pur-leeez!

Also just for record i think BJ will beat Kenny yes, I was just saying to that other poster that to say it would be a walk through is very unfair to Kenny.:bandit:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
it will be a battle but i have to say im going to take bj over kenflo(kenflo is great tho i can still see him winning) and hughes over serra. yeah i could see how people would view hughes like that. it just makes him a better champ haha

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
i also think bj is CAPABLE of beating k flo, but the difference in training and dedication may finally outweigh the natural ability factor, where a less natural fighter can beat him. I am very interested in this fight. or bj may absolutely f!ckin demolish him. thats the beauty of it. who knows.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
i also think bj is CAPABLE of beating k flo, but the difference in training and dedication may finally outweigh the natural ability factor, where a less natural fighter can beat him. I am very interested in this fight. or bj may absolutely f!ckin demolish him. thats the beauty of it. who knows.
Bj being the more natural fighter? Kenny has pulled out some outstanding victories lately. I would be surprised to see him win but I wouldn't mind it at all and I think he is at the best in skill level and shape that he could be to take the title from BJ. More than a win over BJ, I'd love to see him get some payback with Diego. I'd be in his corner from start to finish.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got Kenny slotted for the win.

I am tired of BJs whiny, non training, i am a prodigy that got my black belt really fast and you should just lose cuz I am BJ attitude. And if you dont let me win i will say the whole reason I got my ask kicked is because my opponent was lubed up.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I got Kenny slotted for the win.

I am tired of BJs whiny, non training, i am a prodigy that got my black belt really fast and you should just lose cuz I am BJ attitude. And if you dont let me win i will say the whole reason I got my ask kicked is because my opponent was lubed up.
W0rd. See my sig i posted in 07. He is very annoying for many reasons and i really, really enjoyed UFC 94. :)

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You think he's got it on the ground or stand up? Elbow cut to the head stoppage?
oh man, I cant break it down that far for this particular fight. I just think Kflo will have the edge more and more as the fight goes on. See BJs probelm is that he doesnt wear his opponents down cuz he is always thinking BJJ. Obviously there are exceptions (sherk) but for the most part I think this fight is in Kennys favor the longer it goes just like every other BJ fight.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Penn is kinda a vag. I liked watching GSP make him his bitch.
If only Matt Hughes could drop to 155...

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
what i meant was that bj has the born natural ability(he is reffered to that way), but complete lack of desire or intensity in training. When penn first entered the ring, that was enough. unfortunatley for bj, the sport evolves at such a rapid speed, guys who were not born with that "natural ability" are compensating with incredible desire and training(k flo) and surpassing guys like bj. this is evident by the skyrocketing ability of k flo from tuf to now. the guys with both, natural ability\athleticism and desire are the real kings gsp, matt hughes, anderson etc. matt hughes will always be known as an incredible champ. bj will be that guy that could have been.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what i meant was that bj has the born natural ability(he is reffered to that way), but complete lack of desire or intensity in training. When penn first entered the ring, that was enough. unfortunatley for bj, the sport evolves at such a rapid speed, guys who were not born with that "natural ability" are compensating with incredible desire and training(k flo) and surpassing guys like bj. this is evident by the skyrocketing ability of k flo from tuf to now. the guys with both, natural ability\athleticism and desire are the real kings gsp, matt hughes, anderson etc. matt hughes will always be known as an incredible champ. bj will be that guy that could have been.
Thats EXACTLY right. :goodpost:

Ps, If I have to watch another UFC countdown with BJ's entire camp trying to suck him off and tell him how great he is I will puke. If they really gave a sh1t they would whoop his ass into shape instead of stroking his ego all day.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah that was painful to watch. He seemed totally unprofessional. His training looked literally like a day at the beach. Afterwards he's laughing and chuckling. If I had to pick a training camp I'd want Penn's because it seems more like spring break compared to GSP gasping for air after his sparing sessions with major UFC contenders.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
kenflos strikes are looknig good it would be cool to see him outstrike bj. i hope both beat deigo tho hes cool but i dont want him champ or number 1 con.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
kenflos strikes are looknig good it would be cool to see him outstrike bj. i hope both beat deigo tho hes cool but i dont want him champ or number 1 con.
Agreed, thats whats so impressive bout kenny man. He is ALWAYS improving. he looked sharp as F**K last fight.

And diego.....hmmmm, man that dudes ego just annoys me. "Im the nightmare man" whatever!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, thats whats so impressive bout kenny man. He is ALWAYS improving. he looked sharp as F**K last fight.

And diego.....hmmmm, man that dudes ego just annoys me. "Im the nightmare man" whatever!
Yeah i gotta admit im definately a k-flo groupie,lol. I got a soft spot for exceptional fighters, who constantly improve and have little else on there mind other than winning!!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i gotta admit im definately a k-flo groupie,lol. I got a soft spot for exceptional fighters, who constantly improve and have little else on there mind other than winning!!

Kenny has the least amount of ego except for what he needs to beat the other fighter.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Kenny's one of them fighters that unless he's fighting you dont even hear about him. He doesn't want/need the Lime light. All he is interested in is being a better fighter and fighting people. As fans we love this, because we all quietly resent these F**ks who have talent and waste it. *cough* BJ Penn....
Kenny is a soft spoken quiet achiever and every loves that. Big mouths are funny, and generate interest and a laugh, but Its the quiet Killers the fans love. Majority of them anyway.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Kenny's one of them fighters that unless he's fighting you dont even hear about him. He doesn't want/need the Lime light. All he is interested in is being a better fighter and fighting people. As fans we love this, because we all quietly resent these F**ks who have talent and waste it. *cough* BJ Penn....
Kenny is a soft spoken quiet achiever and every loves that. Big mouths are funny, and generate interest and a laugh, but Its the quiet Killers the fans love. Majority of them anyway.
and the reason we fans love that is because they are predictable in the best way. you know they came to fu!kin fight. every time. no matter what.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Its true. Some gloaters are fine. Like Rampage for instance. When he said Forrest was like one of those people who don't wipe their ass all the way I nearly died. If you have personality and talk good shi* then you hold on to more fans. Bj's personality is that of some college fraternity punk. He looks and sounds like he watches too much Mtv. Then other people it takes a few fights for you to start looking forward to their next. For me it was maybe the second to last fight that Anderson S won. He seemed too cocky after destroying Chris Leben. But now I'm all about watching him run through people. Not sure if he's any less cocky but bottom line is he's certainly earned it.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its true. Some gloaters are fine. Like Rampage for instance. When he said Forrest was like one of those people who don't wipe their ass all the way I nearly died. If you have personality and talk good shi* then you hold on to more fans. Bj's personality is that of some college fraternity punk. He looks and sounds like he watches too much Mtv. Then other people it takes a few fights for you to start looking forward to their next. For me it was maybe the second to last fight that Anderson S won. He seemed too cocky after destroying Chris Leben. But now I'm all about watching him run through people. Not sure if he's any less cocky but bottom line is he's certainly earned it.
Did anyone else notice BJ's nervous twitch on countdown? That thing he does with his mouth? Too much crack maybe :laugh:
Dont get me started on Leben.....Leben= Complete Scrotum/crybaby

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
He is a chode but he does drop people stupid enough to get caught in his standing "stand off", not including Anderson S but does include patrick "oh my leg" cote.
Dude thats hilarious I have to go back and look for that Penn twitch.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He is a chode but he does drop people stupid enough to get caught in his standing "stand off", not including Anderson S but does include patrick "oh my leg" cote.
Dude thats hilarious I have to go back and look for that Penn twitch.
LOL! you didnt notice? Like the corner of his mouth comes up like he cant control it or something:laugh: