BJ Penn vs GSP-The rematch - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

BJ Penn vs GSP-The rematch

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  232 lbs.

Silva would not get held down by GSP and theres no need to even talk about the stand up between the two. GSP needs to stay where he is and Silva needs to go to 205. Machida Vs Silva would be great. Hope it happens

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    Silva would not get held down by GSP and theres no need to even talk about the stand up between the two. GSP needs to stay where he is and Silva needs to go to 205. Machida Vs Silva would be great. Hope it happens
    Wow, that would be a great fight. That would be one hell of a chess game. I'm personally not a fan of Machida's style, but I can't argue with its efficacy.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.

The Penn Camp is filing a formal complaint to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, arguing Georges St. Pierre had his back vaselined in between arounds. Evidently a cutman who had grease on his hands inadvertently wiped GSP's back with the grease, but quickly wiped it off with a towel.

I have lost all respect for BJ Penn. After calling GSP a bitch because he tapped to strikes in the first GSP/Serra fight (went back and watched it, and it didn't look like that; rather, it was stopped by the ref and was thus officially recorded as TKO: Referee Stoppage), he throws in the towel because he got utterly destroyed for 20 minutes. Also, anyone who believes Penn didn't want the fight to stop is stubborn and retarded; the corner wouldn't have thrown in the towel unless they were absolute their brother was finished and wanted it stopped. And, if that wasn't enough, they're throwing a bitch-fit about an inadvertent grease-swipe.

Wow.

BJ Penn, you are a piece of ****.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For the last time, Anderson and Machida will never fight each other. This has been said time and again by both parties that they will not ever fight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    For the last time, Anderson and Machida will never fight each other. This has been said time and again by both parties that they will not ever fight.
    hahaha, your signature about cross-fit is hilarious.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    hahaha, your signature about cross-fit is hilarious.
    Yeah, I have a long standing issue with this ****ing Cross-Fit fad right now.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

The last quote in your sig is from The Butthole Surfers, right? Sweat Loaf, right?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

I think it could be interesting to see what will happen at 205 with machida close to a title shot, that sort of is the end of the line for silva who he wont fight. So then what anderson stays at 185 dominates the weak division and ends his career a legend...

Jon Jones did look wicked, i can see why his nickname is "bones" lol.

Karo pariysan looked like garbage should have lost and i agree that the guida decision was iffy cause its a "fight" not a hug your back like a leech match. It seems the way the fights are scored he has found a loophole where he doesnt need to sub, hit and can be taken down repeatedly and still win.

Like i said before machida doesnt get hit , its wierd..

I picked Bj to win.. what a joke, im kind of embarrased even tho he's smaller cause he didnt bring the fight to GSP in round one and that was likely his only chance, IF he had one.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Not a BJ Penn fan but at light weight....he's tough.....he just gets gassed too fast at welterweight and he is just not strong enough to be in there with GSP. I miss Matt Hughes but GSP is the ****in' man!
  10. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    The Penn Camp is filing a formal complaint to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, arguing Georges St. Pierre had his back vaselined in between arounds. Evidently a cutman who had grease on his hands inadvertently wiped GSP's back with the grease, but quickly wiped it off with a towel.I

Latesst UPDAtes are Nevada State Athletic Commission is backing up BJ saying it happened more than once and that BJ complained about it during the match. The NSAC has stated what happened was against their rules. BJ got beat hands down but this grease thing isnt' something made up when the Commission actually came into the ring between rounds and warned them on two occassions.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

The amount of difference it would have made can be argued back and forth. But, regardless on who's side you are on, that is an unfair advantage inadvertent or not. I was and am cheering for GSP, but these types of things have a nack of putting "ifs" in great performances. Will we see this happen again? Penn vs GSP III?
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Exactly! And no one knows what BJ was saying. He may have said to throw the towel in. With all his power, it seems odd that GSP wasn't able to take him out during the round.
    i agree, i dont know what thats a signifies, BJs toughness or GSP not having the finishing ability. I mean the crucifix mount (whatever its called) where you lay perpindicular and over the shoulders....that should have been easy to wail on someone with alot of force and take them out.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    what was the reason for that?
  14. Advanced Member

they train together.
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    The Penn Camp is filing a formal complaint to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, arguing Georges St. Pierre had his back vaselined in between arounds. Evidently a cutman who had grease on his hands inadvertently wiped GSP's back with the grease, but quickly wiped it off with a towel.

I have lost all respect for BJ Penn. After calling GSP a bitch because he tapped to strikes in the first GSP/Serra fight (went back and watched it, and it didn't look like that; rather, it was stopped by the ref and was thus officially recorded as TKO: Referee Stoppage), he throws in the towel because he got utterly destroyed for 20 minutes. Also, anyone who believes Penn didn't want the fight to stop is stubborn and retarded; the corner wouldn't have thrown in the towel unless they were absolute their brother was finished and wanted it stopped. And, if that wasn't enough, they're throwing a bitch-fit about an inadvertent grease-swipe.

Wow.

BINGO!
  16. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by swole210 View Post
    BINGO!

Didn't you read my reply? The NSAC is BACKING BJ Penn on this it happened on more than one occasion so much show that the NSAC official felt compelled to enter the cage to stop it. the NSAC new about this even before BJ made the complaint and they said there could be a formal hearing even if BJ's corner does not file a complaint.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    Didn't you read my reply? The NSAC is BACKING BJ Penn on this it happened on more than one occasion so much show that the NSAC official felt compelled to enter the cage to stop it. the NSAC new about this even before BJ made the complaint and they said there could be a formal hearing even if BJ's corner does not file a complaint.
    This vaseline thing negated BJ ground defense, the rubber guard and when he pulled GSP's head down to wrap his legs around his torso his legs kept sliding down. ITs clear GSP is bigger and better, in better shape and multi talented... so if he is cheating thats just stupid cause he has all the tools already.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    This vaseline thing negated BJ ground defense, the rubber guard and when he pulled GSP's head down to wrap his legs around his torso his legs kept sliding down. ITs clear GSP is bigger and better, in better shape and multi talented... so if he is cheating thats just stupid cause he has all the tools already.
    Right, but that's subjective and wouldn't hold up in an official hearing. Was BJ putting up a fight even when standing? No. His hand speed looked to have dropped off dramatically, and there was no power behind them. Even though an irrefutable assbeating took place, the fact that he had his back oiled completely jeopardizes the legitimacy of the fight and perhaps his career as a whole (which isn't to suggest he's been having his back oiled in between EVERY round of EVERY fight in his career, but it makes him lose credibility).
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Well that's that, no punishment for GSP:

“According to sources close to the situation, the UFC has now instructed that cornermen associated with the fighters will no longer be allowed to handle the Vaseline used in between rounds to treat and prevent cuts.

The UFC will now provide one cut man for each corner for the fight. Only two people are allowed to enter the Octagon between rounds so if a cut man is necessary to apply Vaseline or work on a cut, one of the other cornermen working with the fighter must exit the cage to allow the cut man to work.”
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

How ****ing retarded. People pay money to get great cutmen. It's an advantage of having a superior team.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post

“According to sources close to the situation, the UFC has now instructed that cornermen associated with the fighters will no longer be allowed to handle the Vaseline used in between rounds to treat and prevent cuts.

The UFC will now provide one cut man for each corner for the fight. Only two people are allowed to enter the Octagon between rounds so if a cut man is necessary to apply Vaseline or work on a cut, one of the other cornermen working with the fighter must exit the cage to allow the cut man to work.”
    Too bad i never had the cahonies to follow through with that bet of rashad
    KO round two..! lol.
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post

Wow, who would have thought the NSAC would have found no real intentionality or wrongdoing on GSP's part.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nogueria Calls for Rematch with Frank Mir
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 09:01 AM
  2. Noguiera/Barnett rematch NYE
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 10:29 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 11:13 PM
  4. Contender Rematch