BJ Penn vs GSP-The rematch

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

  1. ^^^^ gotta agree on that. The mental toughness is probably the most important thing a fighter can have in his arsenal. And considering GSP knows that BJ gave him an ass-whooping last time....that's going to mentally screw with him. GSP looked like the freakin elephant man after their last encounter, while BJ went out an partied afterward.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/486539913/

    =

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawhawjames/3050869975/


  2. I'm picking GSP by ref stoppage (ground n pound)
    •   
       


  3. I am Canadian and picking GSP not because of heritage but cause I believe he wins this. I also feel BJ is mouthy and needs to be taught a lesson. I know alot of Canadians feel this way also! It's gonna be wild at the pup that night.

    P.S. also really looking forwar to the Machida-Silva fight. I"m for Machida....UD.

  4. Many people going with BJ in a sure-fire manner; I think it is the opposite. BJ can realistically only expect to stop Georges on the feet, and that did not happen in the first fight. I think many people are basing their opinion on GSP's suspect chin based off of one fight, and that is, well, a bit suspect. Throughout the UFC, and even back in the UCC/TKO days, GSP's chin has not been an issue - one fight does not a suspect chin make.

    Also, BJ destroyed GSP standing in the first round of their first fight, with no avail in terms of a knockdown. He [GSP] did not 'quit', and proceeded to win the next two RDs via TDs and ground control. I think GSP will pass BJ's guard, and BJ's underestimation of how much GSP's wrestling has progressed will haunt him. GSP RD3.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    From my preliminary psycological evaluations gsp talks alot about "either i win or i go to the hospital, or i win and go to the hospital"... wierd stuff going on in his head. He talks about bj and what bj does and says.
    Bj on the other hand says "im going to win, im going to kill gsp" and while gsp talks about bj, bj talks about bj.

    All the focus is on BJ, to the people who arent in the ring, we think its GSP's fight all the way, either to win or lose cause he has the tools and the size.

    Coming from the fighters mouths id have to say bj but it just doesnt make sense on paper.

    that's nothing different BJ Always talks about BJ. I've never met GSP but i've met BJ and even had the great pleasure of being invited to train with him. This was years ago when i trained with Charles Ralphs Brother (Bj's first coach) One of the Things that JD says I think is very true GSP is an ATHLETE and a great one. BJ is a FIGHTER
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Many people going with BJ in a sure-fire manner; I think it is the opposite. BJ can realistically only expect to stop Georges on the feet, and that did not happen in the first fight. I think many people are basing their opinion on GSP's suspect chin based off of one fight, and that is, well, a bit suspect. Throughout the UFC, and even back in the UCC/TKO days, GSP's chin has not been an issue - one fight does not a suspect chin make.

    Also, BJ destroyed GSP standing in the first round of their first fight, with no avail in terms of a knockdown. He [GSP] did not 'quit', and proceeded to win the next two RDs via TDs and ground control. I think GSP will pass BJ's guard, and BJ's underestimation of how much GSP's wrestling has progressed will haunt him. GSP RD3.

    I don't know Mullet first fight GSP never even passed guard on a winded BJ if BJ's cardio is there i don't think GSP can hang in the submission game. i agree on his wrestling though

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    I don't know Mullet first fight GSP never even passed guard on a winded BJ if BJ's cardio is there i don't think GSP can hang in the submission game. i agree on his wrestling though
    No, he didn't. However, after the Serra fight GSP destroyed the three best wrestlers in the WW division in quick succession - against BJ I GSP's wrestling was good; now, it is probably the best in MMA. I think GSP will be able to use his sheer strength on the ground to gain dominant positions on BJ in the later rounds.

    I will bet you a rep Mixedup that GSP will pass BJ's guard.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, he didn't. However, after the Serra fight GSP destroyed the three best wrestlers in the WW division in quick succession - against BJ I GSP's wrestling was good; now, it is probably the best in MMA. I think GSP will be able to use his sheer strength on the ground to gain dominant positions on BJ in the later rounds.

    I will bet you a rep Mixedup that GSP will pass BJ's guard.
    I have to sadly agree with Mulletsailor, but I'm hoping it won't be too detrimental, as I am rooting for a Penn Victory.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Thumbs up


    dang!.what a great hype for this fight gentlemen.i like the pts. from both corners here.tommorrow the show starts!..i can imagine the great anticipation gentlemen!..what a match-up!
    board supporter

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, he didn't. However, after the Serra fight GSP destroyed the three best wrestlers in the WW division in quick succession - against BJ I GSP's wrestling was good; now, it is probably the best in MMA. I think GSP will be able to use his sheer strength on the ground to gain dominant positions on BJ in the later rounds.

    I will bet you a rep Mixedup that GSP will pass BJ's guard.

    You got it Mullet. Either way this is gonna be one HELL of a Fight i loved the primetime specials. The music with Rashad coming into the gym and the last man standing song at the end. I wish i knew what songs those were

  11. i gotta say being in hawaii you will find alot more BJ fans than GSP but there are alot betting on GSP. THat has to tell you something, GSP is the no brainer favorite in this fight. I think somebody is gonna be surprised by the other fighter, and ground dominance is the deciding factor. This fight doesnt get out of the 3rd round. If GSP wins i hope he doesnt put a huge whooping on Penn or there will be alot of haoles in waikiki getting what GSP shouldve got...."throw in the towel for GSP, save the haoles in hawaii!!!" LOL.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i gotta say being in hawaii you will find alot more BJ fans than GSP but there are alot betting on GSP. THat has to tell you something, GSP is the no brainer favorite in this fight. I think somebody is gonna be surprised by the other fighter, and ground dominance is the deciding factor. This fight doesnt get out of the 3rd round. If GSP wins i hope he doesnt put a huge whooping on Penn or there will be alot of haoles in waikiki getting what GSP shouldve got...."throw in the towel for GSP, save the haoles in hawaii!!!" LOL.
    That's effing hilarious
    NSCA - CSCS

  13. I feel BJ won the 1st round largely because GSP got thumbed in the eye. GSP quickly poured it on in the 2nd & 3rd. He will continue pouring it on in this next fight. He had tenacious determination to be the best champion.

    GSP vs Silva however....I feel GSP will get owned!

  14. Hands down Anderson Silva is the best fighter in the UFC
    doing my own thang!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i gotta say being in hawaii you will find alot more BJ fans than GSP but there are alot betting on GSP. THat has to tell you something, GSP is the no brainer favorite in this fight. I think somebody is gonna be surprised by the other fighter, and ground dominance is the deciding factor. This fight doesnt get out of the 3rd round. If GSP wins i hope he doesnt put a huge whooping on Penn or there will be alot of haoles in waikiki getting what GSP shouldve got...."throw in the towel for GSP, save the haoles in hawaii!!!" LOL.
    bwahahahahaha!
    board supporter

  16. Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Hands down Anderson Silva is the best fighter in the UFC
    Hard to tell since he fights in the thinnest division in MMA.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. Which is the site with the live streams?

  18. What did I say, dammit? Passed his guard TWICE in one round.

  19. GSP is dominating the fight

  20. ....and again....what guard? Where is Flobot?

  21. Penn has a great guard but this is the best I have ever seen GSP he was totally dominating man he looked good.

  22. What the **** did I say? Flobot, where are you?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Jaegernaut View Post
    Penn has a great guard but this is the best I have ever seen GSP he was totally dominating man he looked good.
    His guard was a non-factor bro. As I said earlier, GSP passed it with complete ease, took BJ down at will, and the fight was never close - not for a second. As a Canadian, and after perfectly predicting the fight, I will take a minute to gloat.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    His guard was a non-factor bro. As I said earlier, GSP passed it with complete ease, took BJ down at will, and the fight was never close - not for a second. As a Canadian, and after perfectly predicting the fight, I will take a minute to gloat.

    Damn canadians and brazilians kickin' everyone's ass.

  25. So much for BJ saying GSP is the quitter, when BJ quit.....
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar 3
    By JudgementDay in forum MMA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 01:58 AM
  2. BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes @ UFC 123
    By Mjolnir in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 06:50 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
  4. AEN's IntrAstack VS Sapper564 The Rematch!!!(sponsored)
    By Sapper564 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 12:07 AM
  5. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Log in
Log in