Have you ever been KTFO'd?

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
If so, what does it feel like?

How hard a punch/kick etc. was it that knocked you out?

Because I've never been KO'd and I always have this deep inner fear of being KO'd in sparring or in a fight. Kinda worried that one day it Might happen.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I've been knocked down but not out. And I was hit pretty damn hard. I'm not sure how hard of a hit I'd need to be knocked out, or if it's more of an issue of where the hit lands. Or maybe just luck.

I'd rather not ever find out haha!

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Me too, I've been jumped and pounded before with Doc Martens and **** like that but never KO'd hehehe.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I got hit in the top row of my teeth and top lip/below nose with a baseball bat strike, then when i went down got hit in the right side of the back of my head. Got 6 stiches in my lips and 7 in the back of my head, it felt like the world was spinning when i tried to get up and get clear of the bat. I didnt lose consciousness, or if i did it wasnt long, but it is like being dizzy/really drunk/waking up confused.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I imagine its like waking from a bad dream, most guys say "what happened?". Most of the time they dont remeber the seconds leading up to the KO depending on how traumatizing or severe it is.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
I've been KO'd twice. First time was a surprise hit, dude put his hand out to shake my hand and then really leaned into my temple when I looked away as my name was called. Didn't feel any pain until after wards, but got up like the description above: dizzy/confused/drunken feeling.

Second time I was too drunk to really know what happened, just that I was getting the beat down by 4 guys.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been KO'd twice. First time was a surprise hit, dude put his hand out to shake my hand and then really leaned into my temple when I looked away as my name was called. Didn't feel any pain until after wards, but got up like the description above: dizzy/confused/drunken feeling.

Second time I was too drunk to really know what happened, just that I was getting the beat down by 4 guys.
this was hilarious

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been hit so hard I lost vision a couple times, but not to where I fell down or was unconscious. Just fade to black.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Weird, mine's more like an explosion of White that I've to drag myself mentally back from every time I get hit by a power shot.
Been hit so hard I lost vision a couple times, but not to where I fell down or was unconscious. Just fade to black.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i got a spinning back kick to my thorasic region, fell on the floor and my nose started gushing blood

it was ****ing awesome

but i couldnt breathe, so that kinda sucked.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got thrown hard last night in judo, and the guy landed on my head. (the problem is not him landing on my head, persay, but my head hitting the mat wicked hard and the guy on my head keeping it from rebounding). Last time that happened I had a concussion, slightly blurry vision for a couple days. I thought it was happening again last night, but this morning I'm just fine. :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would rather take a bomb to the head than a heavy liver shot any day. Those are debilitating.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd rather get hit in the head than thrown hard. Wait, I get thrown 50 ****ing time a night, what's wrong with me?

:lol:

Can a liver shot kill you? Seems less potentially damaging.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd rather get hit in the head than thrown hard. Wait, I get thrown 50 ****ing time a night, what's wrong with me?

:lol:

Can a liver shot kill you? Seems less potentially damaging.
I dunno, but I got kneed in the kidney 3 weeks ago and it hurts like f**k and I was having problems breathing(shortness of breath) up to yesterday.

Is this real?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whoa, where the **** is that? Remind me not to go there.

Pass out from the pain? Odd.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, Russia, ****ing figures. Given that, it might be staged.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Given that, it might be staged.
It might have been staged, but I think he really knocked that guy out. That dude lands staight on his face when he falls out. It's either real or that guy has some serious dedication to making realistic youtube videos.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
That looked real to me, soldiers abusing their power and a guy buckling after liver devastation. Its usually instant to buckle but the way he landed on his face tells me its real.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I didn't feel anything, just felt weak and my legs gave out from under me, I don't remember that happening. I wasn't out for more than a second or two. I don't even remember when they stood us up and raised the other guy's hand. In the video I was grabbing the ref when he stopped the fight. I do remember he was asking me if I was okay, I was like no.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, he does a pretty good header. The youtube title is misleading, no way he died from that. Still, the soldier was a ****ing *******, I never did, nor stood for that **** when I was in the military.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got knocked out from a head kick just last night. I was better than the guy too but I never even saw it coming. One second I was standing and the next thing i heard a really loud crash like someone put a metal trashcan over my head and hit it, very loud. Everything was a pinkish white. Woke up and just was very confused as to where I was but then realized I was in a ring and figured I must have been jacked. I got a headache today

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Been choked out but not knocked out. Have been hit hard enough to dislocate the jaw, stitches over the eye, loose teeth (not all at the same time) and a major lump on top of the head (almost made me wish I'd been out as it hurt like h###).

But no KO's and never really wanted to experience it either.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Been choked out but not knocked out. Have been hit hard enough to dislocate the jaw, stitches over the eye, loose teeth (not all at the same time) and a major lump on top of the head (almost made me wish I'd been out as it hurt like h###).

But no KO's and never really wanted to experience it either.

Being KOd is similar to being choked out, things go black and you wake up disoriented, though moreso with a concussive force KO than with a choke. It's far worse to get rocked as you'll have to endure the pain and chances are you'll also remember it, potentially making you more tentative in the future.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
A hard enough liver shot will bring anyone down. It can mess you up pretty hardcore.

I have never been knocked out, but I dont do MMA( would love to, dont have time/money atm, or insurance), but in wrestling there were a few times where my head hit the mad hard to make me wish it was a KO....those mats dont make it much easier lol....people thing its save with em, Geeze you screw up and your still in pretty good pain.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I got KO'd, by a 130# 18 year old (my stats are to the left :D ) but that was sparring with boxing gloves, so I didn't feel bad. It's not like he wooped my ass in a street fight or anything.....

But I remember getting up off the ground and my head was vibrating for a minute or so, then I felt like I had a hangover for a few hours, but nothing to serious. First time it ever happened, and was kinda interesting. And of course it had to be in front of my girlfriend's family at a little cook-out.....

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I got hit in the back of the head with a car club,... I could still see, but I was limp and couldn't speak. 14 staples it took to close the wound!!!

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
this was hilarious
Well the first time I was scared as ****, some older dude and a bunch of his friends, I was only 14. Pissed me off for years, I swore i'd find the guy... and turns out he got locked up for beating up and elderly man.

Second beat down, yeah that was funny. I was so pissed though man. I got put in a drunk tank and my face looked like it got attacked by a puma.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Boy do I hate judo-kas. We went to a judo tourney before as guests (We were from Carlson Gracie Jr./New Breed BJJ.)

We were all entered into the tourney and for some reason I got matched up with someone +10-15 lbs. over me. I went ahead anyways confident at that time that no one knew BJJ.

All my team mates had spectacular wins, by choke or by submission, even a flying arm bar or two. Me on the other hand, when I swung my right foot over to start the flying arm bar, I got swept HARD by osoto-gari or something like that. I hit the mat HARD. IPPON! I KNEW I SHOULD'VE STUCK TO THE OLE DOUBLE LEG!

That was probably the closest I've been to getting KO'd. I stood up a bit dazed and was bowing to empty space. The ref had to face me in the right direction (the judges.)

I got thrown hard last night in judo, and the guy landed on my head. (the problem is not him landing on my head, persay, but my head hitting the mat wicked hard and the guy on my head keeping it from rebounding). Last time that happened I had a concussion, slightly blurry vision for a couple days. I thought it was happening again last night, but this morning I'm just fine. :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, for being the 'gentle way', it's pretty ****ing brutal. :lol:

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Yeah gentle way my ass lol. I gained immense respect for judo-kas after that. I fear them More than any MMA fighter just because of that event that owned me so much.

Yeah, for being the 'gentle way', it's pretty ****ing brutal. :lol:

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I got Knocked out, but not during a fight. In college I attempted to dunk a basketball and held onto the rim. While I was hanging on the rim someone below me got my feet caught on their shoulders and I came down on the back of my head. I remember falling and that was it.. When I came to my ears were ringing and my vision was goofy. I felt drunk and threw up the entire night after that. I ended up having a bad concusion.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got my jaw broke once by a round house kick to the face. Last real fight I was in. Having your jaw wired for 6 weeks blows. Didn't really hurt all that bad, but I did know instantly that it was broke.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Got my jaw broke once by a round house kick to the face. Last real fight I was in. Having your jaw wired for 6 weeks blows. Didn't really hurt all that bad, but I did know instantly that it was broke.
Brutal, shitty fighting some mofo with those kind of skills!

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I got knocked out by my step father. It was flashes of black while he was hitting me in the head then I opened my eyes and saw him sitting on the couch. I felt dizzy and a little confused. This was a while ago. Oh yeah I didn't fight back.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
You're 6'0" 280 lbs. and you didn't fight back? What a nice kid! You could've probably pounded him into dust lol.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
You're 6'0" 280 lbs. and you didn't fight back? What a nice kid! You could've probably pounded him into dust lol.
I was probably 220 at the time and I just got arrested for assault and then released to my parents. He started punching me before I could do anything. I'm nice though thanks for noticing.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I've drank myself to the point of passing out, does that count?

Whenever I get closed to being choked out, I see stars.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yup. Doesn't feel like anything. One minute your awake, the next minute your sitting up off the ground.

Once it happened in a brawl, got flanked and KO'd.

Second time was a drunken mistake, and I had no idea it happened until someone told me later on what happened. I got up off the ground and literally thought I had slipped and fallen.

In either case I did not remember it and it did not hurt. That's what scares me. Had it been a serious situation, I could've been killed quite easily. I guess that's why I train now. Hasn't happened since I began lifting and training.