Red Sox take series !!

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsLegend
    Papelbon's best day would never compare to Mariano Rivera
    I think that's a premature statement considering he's 25y/o and a rookie......he is having betters days than mariano this year for that matter.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.8%

Papelbon's best day would never compare to Mariano Rivera
    It's not even fair to compare them. Rivera is a future hall of famer, while Papelbon is mearly a rookie. Not even considering that Papelbon will probably end up starting while Rivera will never start obviously. Either way you have to give Pap some credit, how many kids his age can step into a role like his and do as well as he is doing. I hope he wins ROY if Liriano keeps it up, since Liriano will win the CY. Split the awards up and give them both the credit they deserve. Along with giving Verlander like a pack of Big League Chew for his efforts.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.29%

Quote Originally Posted by lilkev42
    It's not even fair to compare them. Rivera is a future hall of famer, while Papelbon is mearly a rookie. Not even considering that Papelbon will probably end up starting while Rivera will never start obviously. Either way you have to give Pap some credit, how many kids his age can step into a role like his and do as well as he is doing. I hope he wins ROY if Liriano keeps it up, since Liriano will win the CY. Split the awards up and give them both the credit they deserve. Along with giving Verlander like a pack of Big League Chew for his efforts.
    agreed. On another note has there ever been a season in which the top two contenders for the cy young are rookies?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.8%

Quote Originally Posted by tplant
    agreed. On another note has there ever been a season in which the top two contenders for the cy young are rookies?
    I would have to say three. Verlander just won his 11th and his ERA is below 3 i believe. I do not know how you cannot count him, even though he has been surpassed by Paps and Liriano. But I can never recall anything like this happening before.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.29%

Quote Originally Posted by lilkev42
    I would have to say three. Verlander just won his 11th and his ERA is below 3 i believe. I do not know how you cannot count him, even though he has been surpassed by Paps and Liriano. But I can never recall anything like this happening before.
    true but I was thinking halladay and santana are probably both in front of him in regards to the cy
  6. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

East - W - L - % - GB
    NY Yankees - 64 - 41 - .610 -
    Boston - 64 - 43 - .598 - 1.0

hhhmmmmmmm
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

every season for the past 4-5 years is damn near identical. trudge through the first half then explode after the all-star game. come on now boston fans, don't let B5 and I down. let's hear the payroll argument one more time.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.62%

werd to that Go Yankees. I'm sick and tired of the payroll argument it get's old too easily find somethibg new to B1tch about. Go b1tch about how Manny and Big Papi do alot of Clutch Fly Out's.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Go b1tch about how Manny and Big Papi do alot of Clutch Fly Out's.
    Seriously what kind of lame statement is that......clutch flyouts...please. How many times has david ortiz had clutch hits/homeruns that have won games in the last 2 years....and yes against your beloved yanks too, or did you forget about game 4 of the 2004 acls. I find your attempt to mock argueably the best 3/4 hitters in baseball quite amusing. Wait who leads the majors in HR and rbi's.....oh yeah ortiz does.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.62%

wait who is winning the AL East right now.....ohh yeah the YANKEES ARE!!!!
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    every season for the past 4-5 years is damn near identical. trudge through the first half then explode after the all-star game. come on now boston fans, don't let B5 and I down. let's hear the payroll argument one more time.
    Yeah it gets almost as old as the 1918 chant....i mean 2004. Good ole george sure does like to buy himself out of jams all the time, but I won't harp on it b/c it is what it is. I'm all for a good *****ry and that's exactly what it is. So let the trash talking begin b/c it's gonna be an interesting next few months.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.62%

yeah no hard feelings its always a great *****ry i think its the best in all of sports honestly so good luck to your team.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

wait who is winning the AL East right now.....ohh yeah the YANKEES ARE!!!!
    Well enjoy your short stay on top......last time i think you saw it was in early june for again a brief time.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

yeah no hard feelings its always a great *****ry i think its the best in all of sports honestly so good luck to your team.
    I agree......but you gotta have the talking smack though......great *****ry
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

and a friendly reminder : this is without sheffield and matsui
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%

I am a Yankee hater, but I give the Yanks props for hanging in there with all the injuries ....
  17. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Team - GB
    NYY - 0
    SOX - 2
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

word
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Team - GB
    NYY - 0
    SOX - 3

AL WC - GB
    Minn - 0
    Chi - .5
    Sox - 1.5
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it:

Swept by the Royals. This is a sad, sad, sad day.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

not for me
  22. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

Already 0 for 2 against Detroit. What a way to get ready for a "make-it-or-break-it series" with the evil empire. I hate to say it, but it looks like the fat lady is getting herself a drink of water before her big performance.

All in all, it was a decent year and definitely one to build the future with. Time to turn to football and as irony has it, Madden '07 will be out the day after the weekend massacre to soothe all us Boston fans for yet another lost season of what could have been.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by tomall2
    Already 0 for 2 against Detroit. What a way to get ready for a "make-it-or-break-it series" with the evil empire. I hate to say it, but it looks like the fat lady is getting herself a drink of water before her big performance.

All in all, it was a decent year and definitely one to build the future with. Time to turn to football and as irony has it, Madden '07 will be out the day after the weekend massacre to soothe all us Boston fans for yet another lost season of what could have been.
    I think your giving up a bit prematurely and a true fan wouldn't be. There are still 50 games left in regular season play......more than enough to have an interesting end of the season. Don't forget it's the yankees themselves that represent the greatest CHOKE in baseball playoff history.....i can hear them starting to hack right now.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

yeah, it's too early to count them out. 3 GB ain't sh!t. hell, they were 1 GB again a couple days ago. it can switch on the flip of a hat. my only assurance is that matsui and sheffield still aren't part of the equation.
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

yeah, it's too early to count them out. 3 GB ain't sh!t. hell, they were 1 GB again a couple days ago. it can switch on the flip of a hat. my only assurance is that matsui and sheffield still aren't part of the equation.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. After watching them tonight I think they might have a run left in them. Wells is getting up to speed, Papelbon seems to have his issues worked out and it only gets better when the DL empties out.

Did you know, the Yanks are a better team without them two (Scheff and Matsui), check the stats. So I can't wait for them to get back either. JK

Anyhow, here's to a great finish to a great year in baseball!!!
  26. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1
    I think your giving up a bit prematurely and a true fan wouldn't be. There are still 50 games left in regular season play......more than enough to have an interesting end of the season. Don't forget it's the yankees themselves that represent the greatest CHOKE in baseball playoff history.....i can hear them starting to hack right now.

I don't know about that. We are the toughest fans in professional sports and will give up the ghost at the first sight of trouble. But you are right about the biggest choke in sports history.
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Go Sox!
  28. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

Anybody seen that bullet I left lying around? I don't think I can take 3 more games of what I just saw. Little league teams play better than they did today. Heck, Luis Tiant and Bob Stanley had a better shot at getting someone out then the clowns they put out there today. Even Bill "The Spaceman" Lee got people out from time to time.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by tomall2
    Anybody seen that bullet I left lying around? I don't think I can take 3 more games of what I just saw. Little league teams play better than they did today. Heck, Luis Tiant and Bob Stanley had a better shot at getting someone out then the clowns they put out there today. Even Bill "The Spaceman" Lee got people out from time to time.
    I honestly can't believe that jason johnson is still in the starting rotation.....to say he is god aweful is an understatement. The pitching is killing us right now.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

someone tell me, because i just don't know. is it 'good' when your team loses twice in the same day??? doesn't sound 'good' to me, but i just wanted to check to see what the boston fans thought.

31. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hmm... Subway series?
  32. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

Depends on what you consider losing. I always thought that if you gave up over 12 runs a game, it counted as a win for both teams - no? My bad.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

it's quite simple actually. the team with the most points - wins. unless you're playing uno.
  34. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

I know it must be great satisfaction seeing us Sox fans suffer this humiliation but, can we officially change the title of this board to: Yankees win the division - AGAIN

Just calling it as I see it.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.29%

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.62%

Im looking at my broom in the corner of the room just looking dont want to get it out untilt he final out of the final game because sox could take the next 2. But according to ESPN the other day the sox would win 3 of 5. I can't wait to see what they say monday. They always slob all over the red sox knobs when they win and win they lose they make petty excuses for the red sox. How bias can espn be really. I hate espn GO YANKEES!@#$%^
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

[QUOTE=They always slob all over the red sox knobs when they win and win they lose they make petty excuses for the red sox. How bias can espn be really. ^[/QUOTE]
    I can answer this quite simply for you. They like everone else are tired of seeing the yankees buy themselves another playoff spot.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1
    I can answer this quite simply for you. They like everone else are tired of seeing the yankees buy themselves another playoff spot.
    whoohoo, there it is. that's what i like to hear. pour on the hateorade. whaaa, they make too much money, whaaa.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

whoohoo, there it is. that's what i like to hear. pour on the hateorade. whaaa, they make too much money, whaaa.
    Bro it has nothing to do with hate.......it's the flat out truth. Remember what happened in 2004.....hmmmmmm..... yeah yankee fans like to forget about their big CHOKE. It ain't over yet my friend GO SOX!!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

yes, that one year must have been something for sox fans. maybe in another 86 years, it'll happen again.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Boston Red Sox 2007 World Series Champions!!!
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
  2. Red Sox 2007
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 12:48 AM
  3. Congrats Red Sox, YOU DID IT!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 05:24 PM
  4. Red Sox funny photo