Red Sox take series !!

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

  1. I kinda felt bad for pedro myself....looked almost scared and nervous at times.....but the sox continue to tear it up. 11 straight baby


  2. 3.5 games behind, jeez. on a good note, giambi is really impressing me this year. a-rod is unpredictable at this time. he looked surprised at himself with that homerun yesterday in the 12th.

    as for pedro, yeah, i kinda felt for him too. and whoever that jackass is in left field........
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    3.5 games behind, jeez. on a good note, giambi is really impressing me this year. a-rod is unpredictable at this time. he looked surprised at himself with that homerun yesterday in the 12th.

    as for pedro, yeah, i kinda felt for him too. and whoever that jackass is in left field........
    Yeah pedro sure didn't get any help in left field yesterday lol. Gotta hand it to beckett he pitched a hell of a game yesterday at home.....hope he starts settling down a little on the road though. I agree I think giambi is playing well these days.

  4. one of your boys crushed one into left field. looked like a line drive right over the green monster.

  5. Yeh, the shortstop Gonzalez.. all of a sudden a home run spurt from this guy... that left fielder for the Mets will be happy he is leaving Fenway and the green monster after today..ho looks horrible
    •   
       


  6. Come on and lets hear all the love for maybe the best catch of the year so far ... Coco airborne snag.. Damon who ??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. Quote Originally Posted by raider1
    Come on and lets hear all the love for maybe the best catch of the year so far ... Coco airborne snag.. Damon who ??
    That was an amazing catch. I could not believe it, and then Big Papi destroys one dead center. Killed the Mets. Although I am not a huge Sox fan, I am rooting for them since my DRays wont pull it out. I was also kinda mad about that catch too, David Wright is on my fantasy baseball team. But definitily catch of the year.

  8. damn a sox thread, I need to spend more time on this site. They just lost the first 2 to the D-rays although I think that after winning 14 of the last 15 games they were due to lose a few. Coco's catch was in credible although gary Matthews Jr's the other night may have beaten it.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by tplant
    damn a sox thread, I need to spend more time on this site. They just lost the first 2 to the D-rays although I think that after winning 14 of the last 15 games they were due to lose a few. Coco's catch was in credible although gary Matthews Jr's the other night may have beaten it.
    Yeah back to back nights they declare someone making the catch of the year. Both were amazing in their own, but you guys gotta watch my D-Rays. Kazmir is amazing, if we just had other pitching.......and our triple A studs were'nt all degenerates.

  10. I was at the last 2 games and i'll be there tomorrow too...i'll give it to kazmir pitching a good game, but hows the cellar boys you'll be there regardless.....GO SOX

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1
    I was at the last 2 games and i'll be there tomorrow too...i'll give it to kazmir pitching a good game, but hows the cellar boys you'll be there regardless.....GO SOX
    Now hold up one second.....we will pass the O's.



    Hopefully

  12. Quote Originally Posted by lilkev42
    Now hold up one second.....we will pass the O's.



    Hopefully
    Ok maybe you guys can get ahead of the o's.......ouch yanks gettin beat up 19-1 tonight...suddenly doesn't make the sox loss look so bad

  13. Quote Originally Posted by lilkev42
    Yeah back to back nights they declare someone making the catch of the year. Both were amazing in their own, but you guys gotta watch my D-Rays. Kazmir is amazing, if we just had other pitching.......and our triple A studs were'nt all degenerates.
    Actually I have been touting your D-rays for a while. kazmir is unreal, jackson and seo both have potential and if delmon young doesn't throw his bat they will be very good. They could definitely compete for the division title in a few other divisions in baseball.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by tplant
    Actually I have been touting your D-rays for a while. kazmir is unreal, jackson and seo both have potential and if delmon young doesn't throw his bat they will be very good. They could definitely compete for the division title in a few other divisions in baseball.
    Yeah man, Ive been trying to tell people give us a few years. I mean we don't have the money like the D-Backs did to get Schill/RJ and have an amazing year by Luis Gonzo. But look at this, Upton, Delmon, Dukes are all studs who we now know have baggage. We basically stole Kazmir from the Mets, Seo shows signs of pitching abilites, but isnt consistent. Jackson should be a #2 or #3. Chuck Tiffany(who also came with Jackson from teh Dodgers) is a highly rated prospect but isnt doing well this year. We have Wade Davis in Single A who is tearing it up(but only a single a pitcher for now). Crawford is a stud, Cantu is an above avg. 2b, Lugo is solid, Gomes could be a decent DH(swings at everything and looks to be an Adam Dunn type tho ) Baldelli is solid when hes healthy. So that is a nice young core, as along as our prospects come around we should be a pretty competitive team. Not saying we can win the AL East anytime soon. We don't have/spend the money liek Boston, New York or Toronto(did). I still am rooting for my hometown underdogs.

  15. So the sox saved face tonight and pounded the d-rays 12-5 thank god. I will give the d-rays credit as they played well, but can't say the sox showed up those first 3 games though. Figures the one game I don't go see the sox decide to start launching some bombs....I will say the 3-run dinger ramirez hit in 9th of game 2 was an absolute monster shot and glad at least i had the pleasure of witnessing that.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1
    So the sox saved face tonight and pounded the d-rays 12-5 thank god. I will give the d-rays credit as they played well, but can't say the sox showed up those first 3 games though. Figures the one game I don't go see the sox decide to start launching some bombs....I will say the 3-run dinger ramirez hit in 9th of game 2 was an absolute monster shot and glad at least i had the pleasure of witnessing that.
    yeah that was a bomb by manny the other night, would have hit the back wall at fenway.

  17. I hate to get ahead of myself but after yesterday's game im convinced that the sox are gonna win the series again this year. Every year that ant Boston team wins there is always that one moment when you know. Whethere it's muellers walk off or that goal line stand against the colts.

    Yesterday when the bases were loaded with no out and thome, Konerko and dye due up I think it happened. Lopez stepped up and got the huge K. Then hansen came in and got the next two. I may be overlly biased but I just don't see them getting beaten this year now that they have 5 reliable guys in the pen and 4 damn solid starters.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by tplant
    I hate to get ahead of myself but after yesterday's game im convinced that the sox are gonna win the series again this year. Every year that ant Boston team wins there is always that one moment when you know. Whethere it's muellers walk off or that goal line stand against the colts.

    Yesterday when the bases were loaded with no out and thome, Konerko and dye due up I think it happened. Lopez stepped up and got the huge K. Then hansen came in and got the next two. I may be overlly biased but I just don't see them getting beaten this year now that they have 5 reliable guys in the pen and 4 damn solid starters.
    Its still very early. I think around 75 games more to go before the playoffs even start. Bad things can still happen so dont get to far ahead of yourself. Although they are easily the best team. The white sox dont have the one year wonder Jon Garland going nuts like last year. I couldnt wait to see that guy revert back to his 10-15 years of the past. Oh and I cant stand how experts/announcers say the White Sox have a good bench. Since when it 5 utility players that don't have any real talents except being able to catch with 3 different types of gloves make you amazing. Mackowiak, Ozuna, Widger and Blum is not what I would want to put out there to pinch hit. Give me an old 300 hitter or some young guy with promise, not 4 guys who never did anything.

  19. Well SOX finally lost to the Chi Sox in 19 innings .. still 2 out of 3 in their house is not bad.. it is still amazing the Yanks are staying close with all the injuries they have

  20. Yankees will be the surprise team of the second half with Jeter hitting almost .400 just sit back and watch!!!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by HeIsLegend
    Yankees will be the surprise team of the second half with Jeter hitting almost .400 just sit back and watch!!!
    Right............

  22. jeter can't be disputed. but whether he can carry the team or not is another story.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by HeIsLegend
    Yankees will be the surprise team of the second half with Jeter hitting almost .400 just sit back and watch!!!
    i actually have a feeling things will go in the other direction for Ny in the second half.

  24. Are you even serious ? really, come on now...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    jeter can't be disputed. but whether he can carry the team or not is another story.
    I agree, and with the AL east being as competitive as it is, no one single player be it jeter, ortiz, whoever is going to be able to carry their team to the championship. It does'nt look like an AL east team is going to get the wild card this year with all the good teams in the AL central.....whoever wins the divison is gonna make the playoffs.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Boston Red Sox 2007 World Series Champions!!!
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 03:11 PM
  2. Red Sox 2007
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 01:48 AM
  3. Congrats Red Sox, YOU DID IT!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 06:24 PM
  4. Red Sox funny photo
    By MaDmaN in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Log in
Log in