I can't stand it.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by drguitar78 View Post
    I wish I could get away with a night's sleep without waking up feeling like I would kill to feed. I usually wake up > 1o times per night: 3-4 bathroom breaks, 8-9 dying of thirst drinks of water, and 1-3 chugs of milk/prot(whey and casein)/EFA. Any advice..ps..I know this is very little info, but I am cramming for my cell bio midterm tomorrow and don't have time to write my entire stats..anyway, I thought this seemed to be on topic with the thread and would like to know what y'all think...I couldn't possibly think of sleeping through the night without feeding.
    I think feeding through the night might be part of the problem. Intermittent calories at a time when the body is supposed to be saturated with growth hormone can be detrimental to your sleep and recovery patterns not to mention anabolism. Waking to feed means higher insulin levels and less REM sleep which means less GH and anabolism. Night eating will stoke the metabolism making it harder to maintain lean mass and may even promote catabolism which is the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.

    I think if you tried to add the amount of protein you are consuming in the middle of the night to your dinner (or last meal 2 hours before bed) that the calories would be put to better use and after about a week you should start to reset that hunger and stop waking up like a ravenous werewolf on a full moon. This would make your sleep more hormonally correct allowing you to recover and grow more efficiently.

    I used to eat through the night and soon realized that it was the thing that was holding my gains back. This might hold true for you too. You might need to invest in a sleep aid for the first week or two to keep you knocked out so your stomach doesn't come calling.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Matt, you rock! thanks. Tonights my first night with it.
    No Man! YOU ROCK! Let me know how it goes!

    Have a great night!
    •   
       


  3. Just so I understand, you're advocating taking only BCAA's post-workout, no food, on nights I train late and need to hit the sack right after? No carbs?

    lol @ my disbelief.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    What's going on with these hot women avatars like the ones taking big bites of bananas? Each time I link into the thread I want to whack it.
    Seriously! The avatars are off the hook! Now it's all the finest looking young ladies, the banana swallowers (is that what the banana cult is really all about???), or the cartoon characters. For awhile back then it was all horror characters like from Fangoria or something, like Bobo's evil clown. I think I'm gonna put like a picture of a plant or a tree or something in mine...

    Oh, and good info Millennium! Nice to have you on the board!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Just so I understand, you're advocating taking only BCAA's post-workout, no food, on nights I train late and need to hit the sack right after? No carbs?

    lol @ my disbelief.
    I think in your situation you should keep your carbs to an absolute minimum since you are hitting the sack so quickly after training. If you could give yourself a good hour between post workout BCAA/EAA/carbs and bed that would be ideal. If you had an hour or more then you could add a little more carb and protein.

    It's tough because of your schedule.
    •   
       


  6. hmmm...sounds logical...I will give it a shot. Thanks for the advice millenium! Do you recommend any particular sleep aid...I hate the pills that make you groggy in the morning (Tyl PM, or anything you get from the doc)..do you think this ZMK will be strong enough in my case, or will that be best-suited for when I get my hunger under control?

  7. Perfect!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by drguitar78 View Post
    hmmm...sounds logical...I will give it a shot. Thanks for the advice millenium! Do you recommend any particular sleep aid...I hate the pills that make you groggy in the morning (Tyl PM, or anything you get from the doc)..do you think this ZMK will be strong enough in my case, or will that be best-suited for when I get my hunger under control?
    ZMK works wonders. It will help curb some of that hunger since it's giving you nutrients and most of us are really mineral deficient. It will also help keep you asleep much better than any of the OTC stuff without making you feel wasted in the morning.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    Seriously! The avatars are off the hook! Now it's all the finest looking young ladies, the banana swallowers (is that what the banana cult is really all about???), or the cartoon characters. For awhile back then it was all horror characters like from Fangoria or something, like Bobo's evil clown. I think I'm gonna put like a picture of a plant or a tree or something in mine...

    Oh, and good info Millennium! Nice to have you on the board!
    Yeah man, lol, especially the banana swallowers.
    Freedom means nothing here.

  10. Oh, hell yeah! I'm on my 6th night or so of ZMK. I've changed my eating habits, no more food within 2 hours of sleep/ZMK ingestion, and I'm sleeping so deep. I normally only get 6 hours per night, due to work (I could sleep far more if I had time). I feel better on the same amount. Last night I crashed about 2 hours earlier than usual, and I feel AWESOME today. Normally an extra two hours is not sufficient to do much.

    I likee!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Oh, hell yeah! I'm on my 6th night or so of ZMK. I've changed my eating habits, no more food within 2 hours of sleep/ZMK ingestion, and I'm sleeping so deep. I normally only get 6 hours per night, due to work (I could sleep far more if I had time). I feel better on the same amount. Last night I crashed about 2 hours earlier than usual, and I feel AWESOME today. Normally an extra two hours is not sufficient to do much.

    I likee!
    Great feedback Poison! I think you will see some great results from these samll alterations.

  12. last nite I took zmk with 1.5g of bulk powerfull + 500mg phenibut. that was some serious sleep. can't wait to try Somnidren-GH

  13. I've come upon a strange problem: the pills surface is dry and powdery. It takes me a 12oz glass of water to get them down. This is resulting in me waking up an hour or two before I should, to piss. Then it's tough to go back down.

    I can swallow 3 Orange Triads, 3 fish oil, a green tea, and a couple vitamin C in one gulp with 2-3 OZ of water, so it's not that I'm a baby. It's just something about that powdery surface which inevitably leaves the pill stuck in my throat, taking a couple gulps to get each one down.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I've come upon a strange problem: the pills surface is dry and powdery. It takes me a 12oz glass of water to get them down. This is resulting in me waking up an hour or two before I should, to piss. Then it's tough to go back down.

    I can swallow 3 Orange Triads, 3 fish oil, a green tea, and a couple vitamin C in one gulp with 2-3 OZ of water, so it's not that I'm a baby. It's just something about that powdery surface which inevitably leaves the pill stuck in my throat, taking a couple gulps to get each one down.
    Good news! they are chewable. if you noticed they are soft-pressed particularly for that reason

  15. Ah-hah. I'll try it.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I've come upon a strange problem: the pills surface is dry and powdery. It takes me a 12oz glass of water to get them down. This is resulting in me waking up an hour or two before I should, to piss. Then it's tough to go back down.

    I can swallow 3 Orange Triads, 3 fish oil, a green tea, and a couple vitamin C in one gulp with 2-3 OZ of water, so it's not that I'm a baby. It's just something about that powdery surface which inevitably leaves the pill stuck in my throat, taking a couple gulps to get each one down.
    Although great care was taken in the manufacturing process they do still have a little residue on the tabs. Unfortunately the tabs couldn't be coated because one of the krebs intermediates was turning the tabs yellow upon coating. Therefore we opted to make them softer so they could be chewed. They are pretty chalky but it's a good option.

    We are still toying around with the idea of 4-OOO capsules on the next run.

    P.S. you should be ashamed for still swallowing triad! j/k
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:29 AM
  2. One gallon of milk- One hour... Can you do it?
    By hypo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:09 PM
  3. deca can i extend it w/npp ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 09:24 PM
  4. First cycle - can I do it like this?
    By magicjonson in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 08:56 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Log in
Log in