A Strong Effort - A CT Memoir

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

  1. KILL IT BOSS!! Hehe look on the bright side, at least you have time to run/do a log. Some of us aren't even that lucky.


  2. You know I'm here Chuck !

    ...and just browsing through the 1st page I lost count of how many different company reps you have in here, haha.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
    •   
       

  3. Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    You know I'm here Chuck !

    ...and just browsing through the 1st page I lost count of how many different company reps you have in here, haha.
    RIGHT!!! DEUCE DEUCE Has all his friends in high places!! I will throw it out there too. . no log jacking but feel free to stop by mine too!! hahah SQUATTING MANIA IS ALL I WILL SAY HAHAH!!! DEUCE DEUCE KILL"M BABY!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Subbed along for the ride brotha
    awesome man, thanks for coming by

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Alright Chuck, let's crank it up to 11 in this bish!!




    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AR!!!!!!
    very nice...im hyped for your arrival. I can always count on you to stop by!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  5. Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    KILL IT BOSS!! Hehe look on the bright side, at least you have time to run/do a log. Some of us aren't even that lucky.
    Yeah man I know. I dont have a ton of free time to do anything really, but I know that posting my nutrition and workouts publically always seems to help me along in a routine. Something about knowing that people can see what you're doing really makes me kick it into high gear when possible. I appreciate you coming in man...and I hope all is well!

    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    You know I'm here Chuck !

    ...and just browsing through the 1st page I lost count of how many different company reps you have in here, haha.
    Hella yes I knew you'd come by . haha Im sure there are more on the way....it seems I make buddies with reps faster than anyone else on the forums...I dont know why lol
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  6. 6/23/10
    Through the boys' illness...


    Summary
    So I had high hopes that i'd wake today and the boys would be feeling much better. I was...shot down. Aiden was a bit better but Riley was feeling awful. Highlights of the day though were that I didnt have to work, I got to watch the US futbol squad take the group and move ahead, and I got to watch from 27-27 on in the John Isner/Nicholas Mahut Wimbledon battle that got suspended for darkness at 59-59 in the last set. Thats freakin intense man.

    Session
    Renegade Yoga - I again rolled with some yoga because i'm sure that I have my kettlbell class tomorrow night and I like to be loose for it. Since my main goal here is to gain my flex back....I have to focus on my yoga, on my bodyweight work that is geared directly at hip flexion, and on some proper sleep if I ever get there.

    Nutrition
    1. 5 eggs with 1 slice american cheese and some salsa
    2. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye with some tomatoes
    3. 2 chicken breasts with some chipotle BBQ sauce (partially homemade)
    4. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye, 2c steamed broccoli
    5. 1 chicken breast with 2 scoops of RPG


    Supplementation
    4 Cre-02
    2 RPG
    2 Mvp365
    2 Zmk
    3 CLOmega 3-6-9

    Fun Lovin's


    Its about time the US showed up for this competiton.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    6/23/10
    Through the boys' illness...


    Summary
    So I had high hopes that i'd wake today and the boys would be feeling much better. I was...shot down. Aiden was a bit better but Riley was feeling awful. Highlights of the day though were that I didnt have to work, I got to watch the US futbol squad take the group and move ahead, and I got to watch from 27-27 on in the John Isner/Nicholas Mahut Wimbledon battle that got suspended for darkness at 59-59 in the last set. Thats freakin intense man.

    Session
    Renegade Yoga - I again rolled with some yoga because i'm sure that I have my kettlbell class tomorrow night and I like to be loose for it. Since my main goal here is to gain my flex back....I have to focus on my yoga, on my bodyweight work that is geared directly at hip flexion, and on some proper sleep if I ever get there.

    Nutrition
    1. 5 eggs with 1 slice american cheese and some salsa
    2. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye with some tomatoes
    3. 2 chicken breasts with some chipotle BBQ sauce (partially homemade)
    4. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye, 2c steamed broccoli
    5. 1 chicken breast with 2 scoops of RPG


    Supplementation
    4 Cre-02
    2 RPG
    2 Mvp365
    2 Zmk
    3 CLOmega 3-6-9

    Fun Lovin's


    Its about time the US showed up for this competiton.
    Looks like your got your diet going pretty good Papa Deuce! Additionally, the US is not known for Soccer and never will be, but it is nice to see them finally show up for sure .

    Cheers Papa Deuce!

    -Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

  8. yeah todayi was on point nutritionally. I waver here and there, which is why i want to always post it. If I know that I have to post it for everyone to see....it kind of keeps me honest ya know? I appreciate the compliment...but I definitely have a bit to go before I feel like i'm really dialed in. Its alright...i'm on my way

    ps - I need to up that RPG content for today from 2 servings to 4 servings. Im about to go make another glass now before bed.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  9. I like it Deuce Deuce. . .I have a question about yoga. . .do you feel that it has hindered your lifting potential. . by elongating the muscle it could possible hinder str/size/mass. . .Although flexability prevents injury. . thoughts??
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Aaelael View Post
    I like it Deuce Deuce. . .I have a question about yoga. . .do you feel that it has hindered your lifting potential. . by elongating the muscle it could possible hinder str/size/mass. . .Although flexability prevents injury. . thoughts??
    I dont feel that way at all. Most of the lifts that I do are full body olympic style lifts and I feel that without the yoga I would have not only been injured many times by now, but also my recovery wouldn't be half as good as it is.

    I guess that theory could potentially come into play if you're concerned with the bodybuilding aspect of lifting or the physical appearances...but for me, i'd rather be healthy, strong, and flexible than worry about how I look in a wifebeater ya know? haha.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
    •   
       


  11. 6/24/10
    The bells are ringing!...


    Summary
    Todays session was freakin awesome!! I was upset that I had to cancel the KB classes that I teach 2 days ago but I brought that angst with me tonight and I split the class into more advanced/less advanced (I only had 1 class tonight instead of 2) and I did the entire class with my more advanced people since I didn't have to follow their every movement. I plan to work in with the advanced class on tuesday also for a real steady session. Im hyped man....my students are learning so fast.

    ps - my chicken boobie intake is a bit outrageous lately, haha. I gotta work something else in

    Session
    -Opening basic yoga style stretches
    - Renegade Unilateral Leg Work
    Rx1 - 30 seconds (ea. leg)
    Rx2 - 30 seconds (ea. leg)
    Rx3 - 30 seconds (ea. leg)
    - Kettlebell Swings
    3 sets x 10 reps with 32kg
    1 set x 15 reps with 32kg
    - Kettlebell Snatches
    2 sets x 8 reps with 32kg (left arm)
    2 sets x 8 reps with 32kg (right arm)
    - Kettlebell Jerks
    2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (left arm)
    2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (right arm)
    - Kettlebell One Arm Squats
    2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (left arm)
    2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (right arm)
    - KB Turkish GetUps
    1 set x 2 reps with 16kg (left side)
    1 set x 2 reps with 16kg (right side)
    - Tables
    4 sets x 30 seconds
    - Bridges
    4 sets x 30 seconds (superset with Tables)
    - Table with leg overlap
    4 sets x 30 seconds (2x2)
    - Closing Stretches


    Nutrition
    1. 2 chicken breasts with 2 cups of sugar snap peas
    2. Tuna fish with a bit of smart balance mayo on whole grain rye with tomatoes and pickles.
    3. 2 chicken breasts with some chipotle BBQ sauce (partially homemade)
    4. 1 bowl of wheaties with 1/2c almond milk, 1/2c skim milk, and 1 scoop of XF UP2.0
    5. 2 chicken breasts


    Supplementation
    4 Cre-02
    5 RPG
    4 Mvp365
    4 Zmk
    3 CLOmega 3-6-9

    Fun Lovin's


    What a phenomenal few days for United States sports eh?
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  12. Those poor guys played as many games as you did sets in your workout. Well close.... 980 to 30. Way to go boss!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Aaelael View Post
    I like it Deuce Deuce. . .I have a question about yoga. . .do you feel that it has hindered your lifting potential. . by elongating the muscle it could possible hinder str/size/mass. . .Although flexability prevents injury. . thoughts??
    I'm pretty sure that the research on this shows that only if you're doing intense stretching immediately before you lift will it hamper your strength/lifting. Light stretching/warm ups has actually been shown to improve your strength/lifting, doing yoga or more intense stretching has also shown to improve flexibility, strength, etc, assuming that you're not doing it immediately before your workouts.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa S View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the research on this shows that only if you're doing intense stretching immediately before you lift will it hamper your strength/lifting. Light stretching/warm ups has actually been shown to improve your strength/lifting, doing yoga or more intense stretching has also shown to improve flexibility, strength, etc, assuming that you're not doing it immediately before your workouts.
    truth, its static stretching BEFORE your workout that is of issue
  15. Lightbulb


    Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    I dont feel that way at all. Most of the lifts that I do are full body olympic style lifts and I feel that without the yoga I would have not only been injured many times by now, but also my recovery wouldn't be half as good as it is.

    I guess that theory could potentially come into play if you're concerned with the bodybuilding aspect of lifting or the physical appearances...but for me, i'd rather be healthy, strong, and flexible than worry about how I look in a wifebeater ya know? haha.
    Well Deuce Deuce. . I understand the narcissistic element about bodybuilding but my friend it more than just looking good in a wife beater.. . let me just say that everybody who works out has that element within. . . although we may be able to hide it better than others ultimate it is about how you feel right?. . hmmm. . .i will say when you look in the mirror and that feeling coarses through the veins that in it self a feeling that we all know and that is an intricate part of mind body and soul. . . Thank you for the insight about the stretching and I will consider doing the yoga. . but remeber one man's junk is another mans treasure
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    Those poor guys played as many games as you did sets in your workout. Well close.... 980 to 30. Way to go boss!
    lol did you see that Isner lost in straight sets today? I had a feeling it was coming. Even the youngest and most fit athletes would have still been 100% drained from that match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaelael View Post
    Well Deuce Deuce. . I understand the narcissistic element about bodybuilding but my friend it more than just looking good in a wife beater.. . let me just say that everybody who works out has that element within. . . although we may be able to hide it better than others ultimate it is about how you feel right?. . hmmm. . .i will say when you look in the mirror and that feeling coarses through the veins that in it self a feeling that we all know and that is an intricate part of mind body and soul. . . Thank you for the insight about the stretching and I will consider doing the yoga. . but remeber one man's junk is another mans treasure
    Give it a shot for a week and if you dont wake up feeling better than ya did before in the mornings...i'll say I was wrong
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  17. 6/25/10
    Touchin my Resticles!...


    Summary
    Well even though I didn't want to, I had to take a rest day today. After work I had to go to a Dr Appt for the boys since they still both have fevers since tuesday. After I had to handle some errands and put my resume out at a few places. Once I got back I had so much stuff to do around here, it was 10pm before I knew it and tomorrow morning when I wake up at 5am for work, i'd be real miserable if I lifted/stretched out/showered this late.

    I also sadly used my "cheat meal" today. I say sadly not necessarily because I was doing so well, but because it was a waste. Mi preggo lady wanted a freezer pizza thingy and once I baked it and had it all ready, the kids were screaming and it was the only thing I could eat aside from a handful of cashews....so that was my dinner. Lame.

    Session
    Touching myself in awkward places....I mean uhh....


    Nutrition
    1. 3 egg whites with peppers/onions/turkey bacon in a wrap with a sprinkle of cheddar, 1 small banana
    2. 2 chicken wings (every friday I make 2 sauces at work and I have to try them to make sure they're on point to hit the public), 1c honeydew, 2c tofu with blueberries
    3. 2.5 slices of stupid freezer pizza with a glass of whole chocolate milk (the milk was worth it )
    4. 1 chicken breast


    Supplementation
    4 Cre-02
    2 RPG
    2 Mvp365
    2 Zmk
    3 CLOmega 3-6-9

    Fun Lovin's
    YouTube- Scary Kids Scaring Kids - My Darkest Hour
    best video ever.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Aaelael View Post
    but remeber one man's junk is another mans treasure
    I didn't think metroba had made it to this thread yet?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I didn't think metroba had made it to this thread yet?
    speaking of...where is that little bastard
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  20. I will post today and tomorrow's updates tomorrow....im just too beat to get it done right now lol. Been up forever and only have a few hours til I have to be up again!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  21. Subscribed. Better late than never.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Subscribed. Better late than never.
    thanks for coming by Ike

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    hope the lil fellas are gettin better, and by little fellas I mean your kids
    yeah they finally are, thanks! I dont know what it was even...but it wasnt good. All the ER could say was "its viral"
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  23. 6/28/10
    Son of a PITCH!...


    Summary
    Well Im not going to put a full update for yesterday. I was on point nurtitionally and I did about a half session (25 mins or so) of Renegade Yoga before going to bed. All in all a fairly productive effort.

    Today was a bit better though. Firstly I felt great out of the gate because of doing my yoga last night. I always wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to roll after doing some stretching before I lay down. I then had my 7 or so hours of work for the day, had to go make the payment on the "family van", and then I went to my old house. The house (due to my brother being a giant d0uchebag) will be foreclosed on soon...and I had to see if there was anything else there that I wanted to take with me. Going there always puts my day in sort of a haze...the last time I saw my father awake he was laying on the couch in the living room of that house watching tv. I miss him badly.

    After leaving there I decided to hit the pitch by my lonesome and work on some futbol drills and such. Im not much of a futbol player...but I enjoy it, and its a phenomenal workout. Ive taught myself how to flare and bend it so i've been working on doing it with my left foot also. Either way...I worked out a ridiculous sweat out there and I was running full steam just about the whole time.

    **INTERESTING**
    So by the suggestion of MST sponsored athlete CJ Popovich, I decided to mix 1.5 scoops of RPG with 1 scoop of RagNOrok Ultra (ballistic blue raz). Holy crap is that freakin delicious!! I am going to save the 5 or so servings I have left of cre-02 and run out my tub of RagNOrok with the RPG. Im so freakin stoked on it.

    Session
    The Pitch - about 30 mins of straight running and kicking.
    Renegade Yoga - full session *about 50-60 mins*


    Nutrition
    1. 1 banana, a fair sized piece of Corned Beef.
    2. 1c honeydew, egg white omelet with broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and one slice of swiss.
    3. a fairly large bowl of a mixture of wheaties and mini wheats with skim milk and almond milk combined
    4. 2 chicken breasts with some homemade chipotle BBQ.


    Supplementation
    3 RPG
    1 RagNOrok Ultra - caff free
    2 Mvp365
    2 Zmk
    3 CLOmega 3-6-9

    Fun Lovin's

    If you have never seen this movie...see it. One of my buddies from work let me borrow it and I just finally watched it (like 2 months later). It was outrageously good.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  24. Some solid workouts Chuck !

    Me and a buddy of mine took yoga as an elective one year for the women

    It turns out it was fukcin HARD ! but your body feels so refreshed after a good session.

    I'd like to get back into doing some yoga a few times a week followed by massages to help recovery speed along.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    Some solid workouts Chuck !

    Me and a buddy of mine took yoga as an elective one year for the women

    It turns out it was fukcin HARD ! but your body feels so refreshed after a good session.

    I'd like to get back into doing some yoga a few times a week followed by massages to help recovery speed along.
    couldnt agree more. I tried yoga a few times with my sister and also a former girlfriend, damn thing killed me. I will say the former GF was quite flexible though

  26. Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    Some solid workouts Chuck !

    Me and a buddy of mine took yoga as an elective one year for the women

    It turns out it was fukcin HARD ! but your body feels so refreshed after a good session.

    I'd like to get back into doing some yoga a few times a week followed by massages to help recovery speed along.
    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    couldnt agree more. I tried yoga a few times with my sister and also a former girlfriend, damn thing killed me. I will say the former GF was quite flexible though
    yeah I really enjoy doing the yoga to keep me loose. This log's main priority is to gain my flex back that i've lost from minor injuries and just getting old, haha.

    Tonight are my 2 KB classes ...im hyped for that!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  27. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    yeah I really enjoy doing the yoga to keep me loose. This log's main priority is to gain my flex back that i've lost from minor injuries and just getting old, haha.

    Tonight are my 2 KB classes ...im hyped for that!
    I'm going to have to come out for one of these classes bud. They sound pretty intense.
    SFW and GFH

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    I'm going to have to come out for one of these classes bud. They sound pretty intense.
    where are you now in relation to state college? I know state college is probably about 2-2.5 hours from here. That would be awesome if you could make one though. I've been trying to talk Casey (borobulker) into coming to one too...but he's in Rochester so that'd be even further for him, haha.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prime-ing to be the Alpha on some Citruvol - a CT Memoir!
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 09:30 PM
  2. Max Effort Squat
    By DeepDarkHills in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
  3. Max Effort Squat
    By DeepDarkHills in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM
  4. Max Effort DL
    By DeepDarkHills in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 11:37 PM
  5. Max Effort Lift Log
    By orbitron3000 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Log in
Log in