A Strong Effort - A CT Memoir

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
So it turns out that I suck at logging. So much so, that the last 2 I ran went dead within weeks. It also turns out that i'm sick of that happening...and this time it's going to be just a bit different ;)

I have slid a bit recently and I have decided to take full and utter control of it NOW. I had a fairly hefty cheat day today with it being Father's Day and all and I swore it'd be the last time I let the entire day be a cheat. I'm back on the wagon....and i'm not falling anytime soon.

Looking for the support I so enjoy and need from my peoples. Where you all at? :sgrin:

Logging begins tomorrow.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im here brother, i myself had fallen off the wagon, even after i had everything nailed and dialed in, i dissapointed myself, but all we can do is get back on the wagon and get goin again!!!

So im in for support brother!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im here brother, i myself had fallen off the wagon, even after i had everything nailed and dialed in, i dissapointed myself, but all we can do is get back on the wagon and get goin again!!!

So im in for support brother!!
I appreciate the support mah man! Thanks for following!!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Also, just for reference

the hardest part of this will be my nutrition. I know that everyone struggles there and all, but with a pregnant lady, 3 young ones already, and a job in culinary.....it presents a lot of roadblocks to blast through.

This is where i'll really need your motivation to anyone who's following :)

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Also, just for reference

the hardest part of this will be my nutrition. I know that everyone struggles there and all, but with a pregnant lady, 3 young ones already, and a job in culinary.....it presents a lot of roadblocks to blast through.

I'm in brotha! Am I ready this correctly, you have another addition on the way??? Well congrats Chuck!

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean, I've allowed other committments to take over and have more or less ignored my nutrition (and training in general) over the past few months. I'm getting back on the wagon as I really want to get down in weight for the wedding next year.... and so that I can start competing again. (i.e. competing because I'm in shape, not getting in shape so that I can compete).

Sub'ed

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Here's what I've been doing for my diet (granted it's only been a few days):

Meal 1:
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Banana

Meal 2:
1 scoop Bio-X Power Whey Complex
1 Tbsp Light Peanut Butter

Meal 3:
1 Large Chicken Breast (seasoned with garlic, red peppers and fresh herbs)
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, beans)

Meal 4:

Meal 5:
10oz Steak (top round)
Steamed asparagus (8-10 stalks)

Meal 6:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the support homie, and yes....another baby coming, haha.

I like the diet setup. Mine today so far has been real nice, i'll be posting it up tonight for sure :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/21/10
And so it began...​

Summary
Well I feel like the log has started off in the right direction. I didn't have the time to get a proper workout in other than some Renegade Yoga, but my nutrition was decent, I felt better than usual, and i'm well on my way now to where I want to be. I worked my 8 hour shift, took out all 10 bags of trash we had for the garbage pickup (boys' bday party killed), and basically just caught up on some stuff I was missing.

Session
Renegade Yoga - loose session...just to get my muscles ready for tomorrow's Kettlebell madness. I teach my 6pm beginners class where I will be demonstrating lots of lifts, and then in my 7pm "Team KB" advanced class, I run all the circuits with the class.

Nutrition
1. Egg white omelet with Onions, Mushrooms, a pinch of Mozzarella, 1 cup fresh honeydew
2. Egg white omelet with onions, mushrooms, asparagus, 1/2 slice swiss
3. Gyro with Lamb meat, pita, onion, tomato, lettuce, cucumber sauce
4. Shake with protein, frozen yogurt, almond milk
5. 2 chicken breasts with some Cherry Chile' sauce I made from scratch :), 1/2 cup homemade cole slaw

Supplementation
4 Cre-02
2 RPG
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk

Fun Lovin's
YouTube- Mortal Kombat: Rebirth 2010 - Short Live Action Movie | HD

^^^ trailer for the new Mortal Kombat movie coming out. It looks pretty sick.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
CT, you and M1 have always had my back so factor me in my friend. ( I can't forget Bnatural either )

What's your dosage for Cre02 and RPG gonna be ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is this cucumber sauce? Is it similar to tzatziki?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
CT, you and M1 have always had my back so factor me in my friend. ( I can't forget Bnatural either )

What's your dosage for Cre02 and RPG gonna be ?
I usually rock 4 Cre-02 and with RPG most days it's 2-4 servings but on heavy days i'm going to go with more. Thanks for the support bro!!

Solid looking stack CT. Any specific goals for this run? Type of training that will be employed? I saw r.yoga
I am just looking to feel better, be stronger, and be healthier :). No specifics...but I will set month long goals etc, as we go along.

What is this cucumber sauce? Is it similar to tzatziki?
its pretty much exactly the same :)

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I usually rock 4 Cre-02 and with RPG most days it's 2-4 servings but on heavy days i'm going to go with more. Thanks for the support bro!!

I am just looking to feel better, be stronger, and be healthier :). No specifics...but I will set month long goals etc, as we go along.

its pretty much exactly the same :)
Good man, 4 is what I roll with.

RPG is just too damn good !!!!!!

....I've been throwing some ubiquinol or ubiquinone ( now brand ) along with 4 Cre02 and the added effects and beyond awesome benefits that ubiquinonol/ubiquinone kick everything into high gear...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
so a bit on the sad side, I dont have a "real" update for you today. I had to have my kettlebell classes that I teach re-scheduled for thursday night because both of my twin boys had fevers higher than 101 degrees. This is the first time i've ever had to cancel a KB class and it hurt me dearly to do so....but my family comes first always.

I wanted to go ahead and speak a bit more about my "goals" for this log though. As B pointed out, I didn't really state any and while I don't have direct and precise goals planned out per se...there are a few things I really want to work on.

1. I need to focus on flexibility. My number one trouble area is tightness in my hip flexors that actually spreads down to my quad on the right side. Not only does this make competition in tennis or KBs tough, it even makes daily life a hassle at times. I have a lot of things I want to work on, but my flex is going to be first and foremost. As an athlete and as someone who plans to get back into KB competition in the somewhat near future....it's simply necessary.

2. I want to add strength. I don't care much about muscle mass and being a monster. I don't care much about carving up my six pack and having a chieseled and defined look. What I do care about...is the amount of weight I can pick up and drop somewhere else. I am an already fairly strong fella...but if I can rep a 40kg kettlebell easily, then the 32kg bell that I compete with will surely be a breeze ;)

3. I want to bolster my endurance. Back when I was ready and in competition shape for Kettlebells I was doing jerks/snatches with heavy bells for 10 straight minutes and still had gas in the tank when I was through. This is no longer true to form and I need to be back to there and then push further. When I was playing in large tennis tournaments like the open grass championships of the United States at the Tennis hall of fame, I was able to play a 5 set match if I had to without feeling dead. I can no longer handle that much tennis and still track down a ball or hit a winner from the backcourt. That has to change.

Those are the 3 main goals for the log. This will take time, and it will not be a short log...but I will attain those goals, and I will bust my arse until I do. Im very eager to get moving through this...and i'm very glad to have you all along with me.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking for the support I so enjoy and need from my peoples. Where you all at? :sgrin:
In for the count, Chuck :)

Also, just for reference

the hardest part of this will be my nutrition. I know that everyone struggles there and all...

I know that feeling. Training is no worries, but diet - ugh, was so nice when you could just get away with whatever whenever . . .

Those are the 3 main goals for the log. This will take time, and it will not be a short log...but I will attain those goals, and I will bust my arse until I do. Im very eager to get moving through this...and i'm very glad to have you all along with me.
Yes, you will. Here;s a kick to get you started in the right direction ;)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
In to follow along and support you my friend. :)

Cheers to ya Papa Deuce!:cheers:

-Sean-

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
In for the count, Chuck :)

I know that feeling. Training is no worries, but diet - ugh, was so nice when you could just get away with whatever whenever . . .

Yes, you will. Here;s a kick to get you started in the right direction ;)
Thanks Rosie, I appreciate you following along!!

In to follow along and support you my friend. :)

Cheers to ya Papa Deuce!:cheers:

-Sean-
Thanks brother...good to see you! Its been a while (as always, haha) but im amped to have you follow

In for the support my friend.
awesome bro, thanks! Im eager for any commentary you'll have :)

ahh the party has started then eh? thanks buddy!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
In here CT. Hook a brother up with that cherry chile recipe! sounds good!

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
WOOOO HOOOOO!! CT. . its been a minute since i've last spoke with you!! But i will say that i do enjoy your products very much and CAN"T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE IN STORE!!!! CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHOOOO CHOOOO!!!!! :pokey: you know its not a party till i walk inaaa. . ..hahah. . n e ways I'm in!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
In here CT. Hook a brother up with that cherry chile recipe! sounds good!
haha I can get that done :). Do you still have that Ebook you were shooting over? I will type up that recipe sometime soon for ya!

WOOOO HOOOOO!! CT. . its been a minute since i've last spoke with you!! But i will say that i do enjoy your products very much and CAN"T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE IN STORE!!!! CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHOOOO CHOOOO!!!!! :pokey: you know its not a party till i walk inaaa. . ..hahah. . n e ways I'm in!
Glad to have ya brotha...I look forward to all the insane commentary you have in store.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
haha I can get that done :). Do you still have that Ebook you were shooting over? I will type up that recipe sometime soon for ya!

Glad to have ya brotha...I look forward to all the insane commentary you have in store.
you have pm.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established

I LOVE IT!!! Muhahah!! WEll its only a matter of time. . how about this for some inspiration?!?!?

I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed along for the ride brotha:D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Alright Chuck, let's crank it up to 11 in this bish!!

:head: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!! :lol:

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
KILL IT BOSS!! Hehe look on the bright side, at least you have time to run/do a log. Some of us aren't even that lucky.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
You know I'm here Chuck !

...and just browsing through the 1st page I lost count of how many different company reps you have in here, haha.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established

...and just browsing through the 1st page I lost count of how many different company reps you have in here, haha.
RIGHT!!! DEUCE DEUCE Has all his friends in high places!! I will throw it out there too. . no log jacking but feel free to stop by mine too!! hahah SQUATTING MANIA IS ALL I WILL SAY HAHAH!!! DEUCE DEUCE KILL"M BABY!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!! :wizard:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
KILL IT BOSS!! Hehe look on the bright side, at least you have time to run/do a log. Some of us aren't even that lucky.
Yeah man I know. I dont have a ton of free time to do anything really, but I know that posting my nutrition and workouts publically always seems to help me along in a routine. Something about knowing that people can see what you're doing really makes me kick it into high gear when possible. I appreciate you coming in man...and I hope all is well!

Hella yes I knew you'd come by ;). haha Im sure there are more on the way....it seems I make buddies with reps faster than anyone else on the forums...I dont know why lol

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/23/10
Through the boys' illness...​

Summary
So I had high hopes that i'd wake today and the boys would be feeling much better. I was...shot down. Aiden was a bit better but Riley was feeling awful. Highlights of the day though were that I didnt have to work, I got to watch the US futbol squad take the group and move ahead, and I got to watch from 27-27 on in the John Isner/Nicholas Mahut Wimbledon battle that got suspended for darkness at 59-59 in the last set. Thats freakin intense man.

Session
Renegade Yoga - I again rolled with some yoga because i'm sure that I have my kettlbell class tomorrow night and I like to be loose for it. Since my main goal here is to gain my flex back....I have to focus on my yoga, on my bodyweight work that is geared directly at hip flexion, and on some proper sleep if I ever get there.

Nutrition
1. 5 eggs with 1 slice american cheese and some salsa
2. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye with some tomatoes
3. 2 chicken breasts with some chipotle BBQ sauce (partially homemade)
4. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye, 2c steamed broccoli
5. 1 chicken breast with 2 scoops of RPG

Supplementation
4 Cre-02
2 RPG
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
3 CLOmega 3-6-9

Fun Lovin's

Its about time the US showed up for this competiton.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
6/23/10
Through the boys' illness...​

Summary
So I had high hopes that i'd wake today and the boys would be feeling much better. I was...shot down. Aiden was a bit better but Riley was feeling awful. Highlights of the day though were that I didnt have to work, I got to watch the US futbol squad take the group and move ahead, and I got to watch from 27-27 on in the John Isner/Nicholas Mahut Wimbledon battle that got suspended for darkness at 59-59 in the last set. Thats freakin intense man.

Session
Renegade Yoga - I again rolled with some yoga because i'm sure that I have my kettlbell class tomorrow night and I like to be loose for it. Since my main goal here is to gain my flex back....I have to focus on my yoga, on my bodyweight work that is geared directly at hip flexion, and on some proper sleep if I ever get there.

Nutrition
1. 5 eggs with 1 slice american cheese and some salsa
2. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye with some tomatoes
4. turkey breast on 2 slices whole grain rye, 2c steamed broccoli
5. 1 chicken breast with 2 scoops of RPG

Supplementation
4 Cre-02
2 RPG
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
3 CLOmega 3-6-9

Fun Lovin's

Its about time the US showed up for this competiton.
Looks like your got your diet going pretty good Papa Deuce! Additionally, the US is not known for Soccer and never will be, but it is nice to see them finally show up for sure ;).

Cheers Papa Deuce!:cheers:

-Sean-

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
yeah todayi was on point nutritionally. I waver here and there, which is why i want to always post it. If I know that I have to post it for everyone to see....it kind of keeps me honest ya know? I appreciate the compliment...but I definitely have a bit to go before I feel like i'm really dialed in. Its alright...i'm on my way :)

ps - I need to up that RPG content for today from 2 servings to 4 servings. Im about to go make another glass now before bed.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
I like it Deuce Deuce. . .I have a question about yoga. . .do you feel that it has hindered your lifting potential. . by elongating the muscle it could possible hinder str/size/mass. . .Although flexability prevents injury. . thoughts??

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I like it Deuce Deuce. . .I have a question about yoga. . .do you feel that it has hindered your lifting potential. . by elongating the muscle it could possible hinder str/size/mass. . .Although flexability prevents injury. . thoughts??
I dont feel that way at all. Most of the lifts that I do are full body olympic style lifts and I feel that without the yoga I would have not only been injured many times by now, but also my recovery wouldn't be half as good as it is.

I guess that theory could potentially come into play if you're concerned with the bodybuilding aspect of lifting or the physical appearances...but for me, i'd rather be healthy, strong, and flexible than worry about how I look in a wifebeater ya know? haha.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/24/10
The bells are ringing!...​

Summary
Todays session was freakin awesome!! I was upset that I had to cancel the KB classes that I teach 2 days ago but I brought that angst with me tonight and I split the class into more advanced/less advanced (I only had 1 class tonight instead of 2) and I did the entire class with my more advanced people since I didn't have to follow their every movement. I plan to work in with the advanced class on tuesday also for a real steady session. Im hyped man....my students are learning so fast.

ps - my chicken boobie intake is a bit outrageous lately, haha. I gotta work something else in ;)

Session
-Opening basic yoga style stretches
- Renegade Unilateral Leg Work
Rx1 - 30 seconds (ea. leg)
Rx2 - 30 seconds (ea. leg)
Rx3 - 30 seconds (ea. leg)
- Kettlebell Swings
3 sets x 10 reps with 32kg
1 set x 15 reps with 32kg
- Kettlebell Snatches
2 sets x 8 reps with 32kg (left arm)
2 sets x 8 reps with 32kg (right arm)
- Kettlebell Jerks
2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (left arm)
2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (right arm)
- Kettlebell One Arm Squats
2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (left arm)
2 sets x 6 reps with 32kg (right arm)
- KB Turkish GetUps
1 set x 2 reps with 16kg (left side)
1 set x 2 reps with 16kg (right side)
- Tables
4 sets x 30 seconds
- Bridges
4 sets x 30 seconds (superset with Tables)
- Table with leg overlap
4 sets x 30 seconds (2x2)
- Closing Stretches

Nutrition
1. 2 chicken breasts with 2 cups of sugar snap peas
2. Tuna fish with a bit of smart balance mayo on whole grain rye with tomatoes and pickles.
4. 1 bowl of wheaties with 1/2c almond milk, 1/2c skim milk, and 1 scoop of XF UP2.0
5. 2 chicken breasts

Supplementation
4 Cre-02
5 RPG
4 Mvp365
4 Zmk
3 CLOmega 3-6-9

Fun Lovin's

What a phenomenal few days for United States sports eh?

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Those poor guys played as many games as you did sets in your workout. Well close.... 980 to 30. :D Way to go boss!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that the research on this shows that only if you're doing intense stretching immediately before you lift will it hamper your strength/lifting. Light stretching/warm ups has actually been shown to improve your strength/lifting, doing yoga or more intense stretching has also shown to improve flexibility, strength, etc, assuming that you're not doing it immediately before your workouts.

Bnatural

Bnatural

AX Product Specialist
Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that the research on this shows that only if you're doing intense stretching immediately before you lift will it hamper your strength/lifting. Light stretching/warm ups has actually been shown to improve your strength/lifting, doing yoga or more intense stretching has also shown to improve flexibility, strength, etc, assuming that you're not doing it immediately before your workouts.
truth, its static stretching BEFORE your workout that is of issue

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
I dont feel that way at all. Most of the lifts that I do are full body olympic style lifts and I feel that without the yoga I would have not only been injured many times by now, but also my recovery wouldn't be half as good as it is.

I guess that theory could potentially come into play if you're concerned with the bodybuilding aspect of lifting or the physical appearances...but for me, i'd rather be healthy, strong, and flexible than worry about how I look in a wifebeater ya know? haha.
Well Deuce Deuce. . I understand the narcissistic element about bodybuilding but my friend it more than just looking good in a wife beater.. . let me just say that everybody who works out has that element within. . . although we may be able to hide it better than others ultimate it is about how you feel right?. . hmmm. . .i will say when you look in the mirror and that feeling coarses through the veins that in it self a feeling that we all know and that is an intricate part of mind body and soul. . . Thank you for the insight about the stretching and I will consider doing the yoga. . but remeber one man's junk is another mans treasure :popworm:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Those poor guys played as many games as you did sets in your workout. Well close.... 980 to 30. :D Way to go boss!
lol did you see that Isner lost in straight sets today? I had a feeling it was coming. Even the youngest and most fit athletes would have still been 100% drained from that match.

Well Deuce Deuce. . I understand the narcissistic element about bodybuilding but my friend it more than just looking good in a wife beater.. . let me just say that everybody who works out has that element within. . . although we may be able to hide it better than others ultimate it is about how you feel right?. . hmmm. . .i will say when you look in the mirror and that feeling coarses through the veins that in it self a feeling that we all know and that is an intricate part of mind body and soul. . . Thank you for the insight about the stretching and I will consider doing the yoga. . but remeber one man's junk is another mans treasure :popworm:
Give it a shot for a week and if you dont wake up feeling better than ya did before in the mornings...i'll say I was wrong ;)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/25/10
Touchin my Resticles!...​

Summary
Well even though I didn't want to, I had to take a rest day today. After work I had to go to a Dr Appt for the boys since they still both have fevers since tuesday. After I had to handle some errands and put my resume out at a few places. Once I got back I had so much stuff to do around here, it was 10pm before I knew it and tomorrow morning when I wake up at 5am for work, i'd be real miserable if I lifted/stretched out/showered this late.

I also sadly used my "cheat meal" today. I say sadly not necessarily because I was doing so well, but because it was a waste. Mi preggo lady wanted a freezer pizza thingy and once I baked it and had it all ready, the kids were screaming and it was the only thing I could eat aside from a handful of cashews....so that was my dinner. Lame.

Session
Touching myself in awkward places....I mean uhh....

Nutrition
1. 3 egg whites with peppers/onions/turkey bacon in a wrap with a sprinkle of cheddar, 1 small banana
2. 2 chicken wings (every friday I make 2 sauces at work and I have to try them to make sure they're on point to hit the public), 1c honeydew, 2c tofu with blueberries
3. 2.5 slices of stupid freezer pizza with a glass of whole chocolate milk (the milk was worth it ;))
4. 1 chicken breast

Supplementation
4 Cre-02
2 RPG
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
3 CLOmega 3-6-9

Fun Lovin's
YouTube- Scary Kids Scaring Kids - My Darkest Hour
best video ever.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
but remeber one man's junk is another mans treasure :popworm:
I didn't think metroba had made it to this thread yet? :lol:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I will post today and tomorrow's updates tomorrow....im just too beat to get it done right now lol. Been up forever and only have a few hours til I have to be up again!