CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/28/10
Son of a PITCH!...​

Summary
Well Im not going to put a full update for yesterday. I was on point nurtitionally and I did about a half session (25 mins or so) of Renegade Yoga before going to bed. All in all a fairly productive effort.

Today was a bit better though. Firstly I felt great out of the gate because of doing my yoga last night. I always wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to roll after doing some stretching before I lay down. I then had my 7 or so hours of work for the day, had to go make the payment on the "family van", and then I went to my old house. The house (due to my brother being a giant d0uchebag) will be foreclosed on soon...and I had to see if there was anything else there that I wanted to take with me. Going there always puts my day in sort of a haze...the last time I saw my father awake he was laying on the couch in the living room of that house watching tv. I miss him badly.

After leaving there I decided to hit the pitch by my lonesome and work on some futbol drills and such. Im not much of a futbol player...but I enjoy it, and its a phenomenal workout. Ive taught myself how to flare and bend it so i've been working on doing it with my left foot also. Either way...I worked out a ridiculous sweat out there and I was running full steam just about the whole time.

**INTERESTING**
So by the suggestion of MST sponsored athlete CJ Popovich, I decided to mix 1.5 scoops of RPG with 1 scoop of RagNOrok Ultra (ballistic blue raz). Holy crap is that freakin delicious!! I am going to save the 5 or so servings I have left of cre-02 and run out my tub of RagNOrok with the RPG. Im so freakin stoked on it.

Session
The Pitch - about 30 mins of straight running and kicking.
Renegade Yoga - full session *about 50-60 mins*

Nutrition
1. 1 banana, a fair sized piece of Corned Beef.
2. 1c honeydew, egg white omelet with broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and one slice of swiss.
3. a fairly large bowl of a mixture of wheaties and mini wheats with skim milk and almond milk combined
4. 2 chicken breasts with some homemade chipotle BBQ.

Supplementation
3 RPG
1 RagNOrok Ultra - caff free
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
3 CLOmega 3-6-9

Fun Lovin's

If you have never seen this movie...see it. One of my buddies from work let me borrow it and I just finally watched it (like 2 months later). It was outrageously good.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Some solid workouts Chuck !

Me and a buddy of mine took yoga as an elective one year for the women :D

It turns out it was fukcin HARD ! but your body feels so refreshed after a good session.

I'd like to get back into doing some yoga a few times a week followed by massages to help recovery speed along.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

It turns out it was fukcin HARD ! but your body feels so refreshed after a good session.

I'd like to get back into doing some yoga a few times a week followed by massages to help recovery speed along.
couldnt agree more. I tried yoga a few times with my sister and also a former girlfriend, damn thing killed me. I will say the former GF was quite flexible though ;) :bigok:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

couldnt agree more. I tried yoga a few times with my sister and also a former girlfriend, damn thing killed me. I will say the former GF was quite flexible though ;) :bigok:
yeah I really enjoy doing the yoga to keep me loose. This log's main priority is to gain my flex back that i've lost from minor injuries and just getting old, haha.

Tonight are my 2 KB classes :)...im hyped for that!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yeah I really enjoy doing the yoga to keep me loose. This log's main priority is to gain my flex back that i've lost from minor injuries and just getting old, haha.

Tonight are my 2 KB classes :)...im hyped for that!
I'm going to have to come out for one of these classes bud. They sound pretty intense.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to have to come out for one of these classes bud. They sound pretty intense.
where are you now in relation to state college? I know state college is probably about 2-2.5 hours from here. That would be awesome if you could make one though. I've been trying to talk Casey (borobulker) into coming to one too...but he's in Rochester so that'd be even further for him, haha.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
where are you now in relation to state college? I know state college is probably about 2-2.5 hours from here. That would be awesome if you could make one though. I've been trying to talk Casey (borobulker) into coming to one too...but he's in Rochester so that'd be even further for him, haha.
Still in State. I graduated and found a job in the area so I'll be here for quite some time. Where are you in relation to Scranton? That's where the 2011 USAPL Collegiate Nationals are being hosted this year if you are interested in seeing some huge lifts.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Still in State. I graduated and found a job in the area so I'll be here for quite some time. Where are you in relation to Scranton? That's where the 2011 USAPL Collegiate Nationals are being hosted this year if you are interested in seeing some huge lifts.
whens that happen? that would be fun to go to.

Scranton is about 45 mins away from where i'm at.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
It will be next spring. I'll be sure to post up the details when they are finalized. I'll be there for sure.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how far north are you guys? I am down here in SEPA (Bucks County)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
It will be next spring. I'll be sure to post up the details when they are finalized. I'll be there for sure.
how far north are you guys? I am down here in SEPA (Bucks County)
Inarius is in the middle of the state practically (state college) and i'm in NEPA almost on the border of Jersey in East Stroudsburg.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am on the other end ofthe NJ border ( I also work in NJ) down near the New Hope/Lambertville bridge

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I am on the other end ofthe NJ border ( I also work in NJ) down near the New Hope/Lambertville bridge
yeah I figured thats the area you were referring to mainly. So the trip here would be about eqaul distance for both of you then eh? Sounds like a group kettlebell session is in order :bigok:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yeah I figured thats the area you were referring to mainly. So the trip here would be about eqaul distance for both of you then eh? Sounds like a group kettlebell session is in order :bigok:
I've never touched a kettle bell before so it would definitely be a change of pace...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I've never touched a kettle bell before so it would definitely be a change of pace...
Dude its awesome. Im not saying you'd ever want to uphaul your entire program for it...but it's an awesome substitute to help hit all of your stabilizer muscles and work on form for olympic style lifts in a different manner than with the barbell. Plus, with the weight being distributed towards the bottom, a 16kg bell (35lbs) feels heavier than lifting with a 35lb dumbell.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Deal :bigok:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
whens that happen? that would be fun to go to.

Scranton is about 45 mins away from where i'm at.
After visiting a friend at ESU not too long ago, I got on 81 going towards Scranton by accident :lol:

oops !

I'm 15-20 minutes North of Allentown, btw.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
After visiting a friend at ESU not too long ago, I got on 81 going towards Scranton by accident :lol:

oops !

I'm 15-20 minutes North of Allentown, btw.
north of Atown would put you close to me wouldnt it? I know Atown is south of here by about 45-60 mins.

ps - AWESOME update coming tonight. I just want to get my "rep" duties finished first :)

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
north of Atown would put you close to me wouldnt it? I know Atown is south of here by about 45-60 mins.

ps - AWESOME update coming tonight. I just want to get my "rep" duties finished first :)
Yep !

I'm about 30 min away from you I think if I went the back way to East Stroudsburg.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yep !

I'm about 30 min away from you I think if I went the back way to East Stroudsburg.
Thats awesome man....we should definitely rock out a session sometime!! We could do standard weights if you like, or I can give ya some KB pointers :sombrero:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/29/10
KBU!...​

Summary
Today was a great day for the fitness world. Running back to back KB classes was AWESOME. We also named the groups with the 6pm class being "The New Recruits" and the 7pm class being "The Kettlebell Union" (KBU). I got a bunch of good lifts in, my 6pm class learned a lot, and my 7pm class banged out 2 new exercises and rolled through the old ones like wildfire. I am hyped for next tuesday already. The worst part about these classes is the 6 days between them :(.

In an important note, i've noticed (especially today) that my breathing has been more labored than usual. It hit me today that since I stopped the Cre-02 in favor of Rok Ultra in my RPG that im not taking any cordygen right now. Im not sure if i'll start running Cordygen 5 or maybe go back on the Cre-02 or wait a few weeks and run some Citruvol Ultra. I will figure it out ;)

Session
1st class
Opening Stretches
32kg KB Swings - 2 sets x 8 reps
24kg KB Snatch - 2 sets x 6 reps *ea arm*
24kg KB Clean - 2 sets x 6 reps *ea arm*
24kg KB Push Press - 2 sets x 3 reps *ea arm*
24kg KB Turkish Getup - 1 set x 1 rep *ea arm*
Closing Stretches

2nd class
Opening Stretches
32kg KB Swings - 1 set x 8 reps, 2 sets x 10 reps, 1 set x 12 reps
24kg KB Jerks - 2 sets x 8 reps *ea arm*
24kg KB Snatch - 2 sets x 6 reps *ea arm*, 2 sets x 8 reps *ea arm*
16kg KB Turkish Getup - 3 sets x 3 reps *ea side*
Double 16kg KB Split Jerk - 2 sets x 8 reps *ea side*
24kg KB one arm overhead Squat - 2 sets x 4 reps *ea side*
Bridges/Tables - 3 sets x 30 seconds *superset ea.*
Table/Table right/Table left - 3 sets x 20 seconds *circuit*
Planks/Side Planks - 3 sets x 30 seconds *superset*
Closing Stretches

**total of 59 sets for me today**

Nutrition
1. natural applesauce
2. 2 pieces of whole wheat bread with turkey breast, tomato, onion, lettuce, and muenster cheese
3. random picking for the most part here (celery, carrots, corned beef, chix breast)
4. 1 Supreme Protein bar (the new pretzel PB one is freakin amazing)
5. 2 chicken breasts with homemade chipotle BBQ, 1 banana
6. - I didnt eat this yet....and im not sure what I want-

Supplementation
6 RPG
2 RagNOrok Ultra - caff free
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
1 CLOmega 3-6-9 *i forgot to take it*

Fun Lovin's

Coach John Davies of Renegade Training performing a proper Double KB clean while wearing the X-Vest.

And this is also perfect form....perfect.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME WORK!
Nice work deuce
thank you sir! Just goes to show how phenomenal RPG is too. I woke up today with next to ZERO pain/stiffness/soreness anywhere.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
GREAT WORK OUTS DUECE DUECE!!! Love the RACK TOO hahahah!!! Its going to start getting hot in heeeerrryaaaaa!!!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
After my 59 set day yesterday, I took it light today and just hung out with the kids for the most part. Back to it tomorrow. I think ive successfully made plans to hit some tennis and I may go out to the pitch also...not sure yet.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log and wicked workout! Keep up the good work!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
7/1/10
New Month Baby!...​

Summary
Another great day, but another day in which I realized I have to begin a Cordygen product again ASAP. I didnt lift a single weight today and my body is beat like I did, haha. I picked up my buddy Steve and we were going to go hit some tennis for a bit. When we got to the park, both courts were being used so we went up and played on the pitch for a while first and then came back down and hit. Pre-exhausting my legs like that BEFORE playing tennis was a terrible and a great idea all at once. Terrible because I SUCKED at tennis today, but great because I got a nice leg workout in without lifting a weight.

I had a slight lapse in nutrition today as well :(. Anyone who knows what "Rita's" is will understand. Their water ice ROCKS and Steve suggested some and then mentioned he was paying. Those are 2 of the best things to hear from a friend. I was in.

Another concerning update for today - my shoulder is a bit aggrivated. Im assuming it's from working in 59 sets of Kettlebell Work the other night and 2 days later playing tennis and hitting a good amount of serves. I also hit with a good deal of topspin so really my entire game relies on a lot of shoulder work. I'm going to monitor this...but I think it will alleviate itself in a few days.

Session
Soccer
about 40 minutes
Tennis
about 90 minutes
Renegade Yoga
Full Session - about 50 minutes

Nutrition
1. 6oz burger with wheat bun
2. 2 chicken breasts with some organic ketchup
3. chicken breast in a wrap with lettuce/tomato/onion/ranch
4. Rita's awesomeness of cheatiness
5. turkey breast on whole wheat with lettuce/tomato/onion, 1 banana
6. 2 chicken breasts with some organic ketchup

**I like the organic ketchup because it eliminates HFCS and significantly lowers the sugar content**

Supplementation
2 RPG
4 Cre-02
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
1 CLOmega 3-6-9 *i forgot to take it* **AGAIN**

Fun Lovin's

funniest nonsense ever.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope a happy holiday weekend to you and your family Chuck...

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Thats awesome man....we should definitely rock out a session sometime!! We could do standard weights if you like, or I can give ya some KB pointers :sombrero:
That would be sick !

I could give the KB's a try.. I never had a workout with them.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
That would be sick !

I could give the KB's a try.. I never had a workout with them.
its awesome man. you wouldnt expect them to be so effective, but they really are.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
7/4/10
Freedom...​

Summary
I tried to get a little session in here on the day our Country celebrates freedom and liberty. I was watching the kids most of the day, but I managed to get the kind of session in that I NEVER EVER do. I worked my bi's. ewwwww. I'm a "curls are for girls" kind of guy...but with KB's working my legs/core hard and my other work being mostly soccer/tennis type stuff....I felt my upper body (minus my shoulders/traps) have been getting neglected. All I had to work with was one 35lb DB since I was battling time and space....so I figured why not do Bi's and burn them out as quick as possible.

Tomorrow I am working from 7am until Midnight so there won't be a session tomorrow. I have my normal job and then i'm working security at the local place they host concerts for a show that has some band with old members of the grateful dead. Its going to suck terribly...but I need the money desperately. Then i work again tuesday morning at 7am and I have both KB classes tuesday night. The plus is that before work tomorrow morning i'm meeting a buddy of mine who is fronting me 1lb of his protein powder because i've been out for a bit now and need some bad. I cant even afford protein.

I also used a serving of "plasmavol" which im not even sure is on the market anymore lol. I had a sample...and im trying to use up some of my samples.

Session
Standing Biceps Curls
35lbs x 4 sets x 6 reps - right arm
35lbs x 4 sets x 6 reps - left arm
Standing Hammer Curls
Standing Reverse Curls
Renegade Yoga
Full Session - 45 mins

Nutrition
1. 1 slice of corned beef
2. 3 egg white omelet with onions, mushrooms, and 1/2 slice swiss cheese, 1 banana, handful cashews
3. 1 can of tuna with 1tsp smart balance mayo on 2 slices whole wheat, 1 banana
4. 8oz burger with organic ketchup (no bun or cheese), 2cups broccoli/cauliflower
5. philly steak puff pastry type thingy (I shouldnt have eaten this:()
6. 2 chicken breasts

Supplementation
2 RPG
1 Plasmavol
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
1 CLOmega 3-6-9 *i forgot to take it* AGAIN ... UGH ... FML

Fun Lovin's

Happy holiday kids.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
its awesome man. you wouldnt expect them to be so effective, but they really are.
Yes...they really are...particularly when doing bicep curls or shrugs. :thumbsup:

BTW, just checking in and saying hi Papa Deuce! :)

Cheers bud!:cheers:

-Sean-

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
puff pastry!?!?!?!?!
gotta taste a little bit of independence :)
lol it was odd....but fun nonetheless.

Yes...they really are...particularly when doing bicep curls or shrugs. :thumbsup:

BTW, just checking in and saying hi Papa Deuce! :)

Cheers bud!:cheers:

-Sean-
good to see ya brother! Thanks for popping on over ;).

I love KB work. Had another awesome session today while rolling through my classes...i'll post it up in a bit here.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
7/6/10
The Bells reign Supreme!...​

Summary
The bad news is that I did something while working security/loading the band's equipment mixed with no sleep and my left elbow hurt all day. This created problems at KB because I had to work solely on my right side. I will do a workout in a day or two of just my left to level it out, but it was frusturating. The good news is that both KB classes went really well again, and I took some pics and vids during class last night.

Also, the Security thing went well. I was BEAT at the end since it ended up being a 18.5 hour work day, but it was money. They said they'll want me back to do more security stuff so that was cool.

At nutrition i'm just going to write "shake" for these....but I used my blender and made a shake that filled 3 16oz. cups. Each time I write shake, I drank one of the cups.

16oz skim milk
ice cubes
6 strawberries
1 banana
3 scoops vanilla whey isolate (from buybulkwhey.com) - a buddy fronted me 1lb because I was OUT.

Session
1st class
Opening Stretches
24kg KB Swings - 4 sets x 8 reps
24kg KB Snatch - 2 sets x 8 reps
24kg KB Clean - 2 sets x 6 reps
24kg KB Push Press - 2 sets x 3 reps
24kg KB Lunge to Squat - 2 sets x 4 reps
Closing Stretches

2nd class
Opening Stretches
24kg KB Swings - 2 sets x 12 reps
24kg KB Jerks - 2 sets x 8 reps
24kg KB Snatch - 2 sets x 6 reps
24kg clean to squat to push press - 2 sets x 6 reps
Double 16kg KB Squat - 2 sets x 8 reps
16kg Turkish Getup to overhead squat - 2 sets x 3 reps
Double 20lb KB Iron Cross - 1 set x 5 reps
Bridges/Tables - 3 sets x 30 seconds *superset ea.*
Table/Table right/Table left - 3 sets x 20 seconds *circuit*
Planks/Side Planks - 3 sets x 30 seconds *superset*
Superman - unilateral + simultaneous - 2 sets x 30 seconds
Closing Stretches

**total of 36 sets for me today**

Nutrition
1. slice of corned beef
2. 2 egg whites with onions/mushroom/peppers/.5 slice of swiss, 1 small apple, 1 small banana, 1/2c pineapple
3. Grilled burger on whole wheat bread, 1 banana
4. Shake
5. Shake, 2 chicken tenderloin breast
6. wheaties with another "shake" as the milk source.

Supplementation
2 RPG
4 Cre-02
2 Mvp365
2 Zmk
2 CLOmega 3-6-9

Fun Lovin's

One of my best students Dawn swinging the 32kg Bell

Dawn and "THE ZONE" working on the Snatch!

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
She make my pee pee go da doong dooong dooooongg!! hahaha that is great!! KB swings. . .very interesting movements they are.. .I don't know enough about KB movements to really comment on them but i know your a huge fan. . is this for mobility and flexabilty aka useful motor movements?!?! I always see KB'ers and they're very lean so i'm assming that be the case!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
She make my pee pee go da doong dooong dooooongg!! hahaha that is great!! KB swings. . .very interesting movements they are.. .I don't know enough about KB movements to really comment on them but i know your a huge fan. . is this for mobility and flexabilty aka useful motor movements?!?! I always see KB'ers and they're very lean so i'm assming that be the case!
You can use a kettlebell for any goal you're looking for, for the most part. Obviously if you clean and press over 200lbs with a barbell, doing it with a kettlebell won't help you add a ton of mass...but if you want to lean out, add strength, add endurance, flexibility, or just to work your stabilizer muscles to make your target muscles THAT much stronger....kettlebells will help you.

The swings look crazy, and at first they feel crazy...but they're a great exercise. Swings help the strength in your glutes/hips/core/trunk/hamstrings, the endurance through your core/trunk (which is the most important for....everything), and although they look easy...swings can help you drop fat easily.

Basically what it comes down to (and I hate to say it like this) is there are good trainers, and there are bad trainers....and the results you get from a kettlebell will be 50% your hard work and dedication and 50% whether your trainer cares more about you.....or more about his/her wallet.