Cordygen5 on keto, still as effective?

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
Currently I'm running a keto routine and the lack of energy on this is just nowhere to be found. I'm supplementing Recreate, DCP and Lean Xtreme. Two of them being non-stim and Recreate being 3/4 non-stim. It might as well be non-stim considering the caffeine in it doesn't really give a stim effect, rather just an awake effect and it usually wares off on me after a few hours BUT would adding Cordygen5 an hour before workout give a boost in endurance just as effective if carbs were involved, or does it work better with carbs?

I think I'm going to start adding in the carbs slowly beginning with WMS post-workout and work my way up. I think I can cut BF faster if I just incorporate carbs and just cut total cals. Right now I'm taking in about 2000-2200 on keto, the way I see it I think I can cut weight faster if I kept that range and just fixed in rougly 100-130g carbs, cutting the fat grams down while maintaining adequate protein. I'm going to do this as soon as Recreate runs out and add in Anabolic Pump with the carb routine.

So for now, will Cordygen5 help with the lack of energy and endurance on a keto-type diet?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Energy no, endurance yes. Cordygen5 doesn't have much to do with carb utilization. It increases oxygen uptake and utilization, and ATP, both of which will increase your staying power and strength better under any given set of circumstances.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Poison gave you a pretty solid answer. Endurance and Oxygen will be increased by a great deal...but it shouldn't have any more or less effect in correlation to your diet.

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
thanks, sorry for me energy and endurance kind of go both ways. if i'm running out of endurance, that means my energy levels are going down. i like a supp that increases endurance more than energy. and i thought because carbs play a role in ATP that cordygen5 would interact better. it's good to know that it will increase oxygen intake, because i've been running out of breath so much faster when restricting carbs, i have to go get a sip of water like every 2-3 exercises.

also is it best taken on an empty stomach or with food?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
thanks, sorry for me energy and endurance kind of go both ways. if i'm running out of endurance, that means my energy levels are going down. i like a supp that increases endurance more than energy. and i thought because carbs play a role in ATP that cordygen5 would interact better. it's good to know that it will increase oxygen intake, because i've been running out of breath so much faster when restricting carbs, i have to go get a sip of water like every 2-3 exercises.

also is it best taken on an empty stomach or with food?
I always take my cordygen products about 30-45 minutes pre workout or athletic endeavor. The last time I eat before a workout or athletic endeavor is usually at least 1.5 hours before....so it's rare that i've used it with food. The only cordyceps product that i've taken with food often is Cre-02 because of it's ability to partition nutrients.

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
ya, i'm going to take cordygen5 with my ragnarok, DCP and Recreate 1 hour before workouts. today was actually the first day i took cordygen5 and i definitely could've used it considering it was shoulder day.

i'm not sure if it was placebo or not but the fact that i outlasted longer than i expected on shoulder day was a serious hint that cordygen5 might've attributed to that. i know it wasn't Recreate helping out much because i've gauged Recreate's effects by now and know very well that I need at least 3 caps just to get me a slight stim effect (which is how many i take first thing in the morning, 3 cap). i'm pretty amped about this considering on keto there is literally no such thing as drive and endurance for me.

1 scoop Ragnarok, 3 DCP, 1 Recreate, 3 Cordygen5 one hour before workouts might be the sweet spot.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
ya, i'm going to take cordygen5 with my ragnarok, DCP and Recreate 1 hour before workouts. today was actually the first day i took cordygen5 and i definitely could've used it considering it was shoulder day.

i'm not sure if it was placebo or not but the fact that i outlasted longer than i expected on shoulder day was a serious hint that cordygen5 might've attributed to that. i know it wasn't Recreate helping out much because i've gauged Recreate's effects by now and know very well that I need at least 3 caps just to get me a slight stim effect (which is how many i take first thing in the morning, 3 cap). i'm pretty amped about this considering on keto there is literally no such thing as drive and endurance for me.

1 scoop Ragnarok, 3 DCP, 1 Recreate, 3 Cordygen5 one hour before workouts might be the sweet spot.
Sounds like a very good plan...and I look forward to hearing more about the results! :biglaugh: