Would like to help my dad

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
He's early 60's, has had a cpl of mild heart attacks (no real damage to heart muscle), a couple stents put in his femoral artery, and back surgery (which he is 'disabled' but can get around pretty well, basically no heavy lifting, doubt he can run.

All of those things are at least 5 years or more old. I've recently become interested in improving my health, nutrition, weight lifting and am taking a couple of peptides and plan to use AAS in the future. I've explored HRT a bit for myself (I'm 41) but am not going to do that, not now at least.

However, I would like to introduce my dad to the idea/information about HRT and anti-aging clinics/ anti-aging medicine, etc. He's pretty conservative, not a big risk taker. He does like to read a lot and was wondering if there is a book or 3 people could recommend that speaks to an audience of older males in a positive and encouraging way while providing information about anti-aging, HRT, etc.

I think if I could give him a book or 3 to digest and then discuss it with him over time he might become open to considering something like this. I don't want to push it on him but think it could benefit him a great deal so want to expose him to the information in a way that is non-threatening and positive.

He changed his diet up after his first heart attack (angina, which lead to inpatient and a stent) and drastically lowered his cholesterol. He's into vitamins and herbs somewhat but don't think he has ever heard of HRT or the notion of anti-aging treatment/therapy, etc.

Any suggestions?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
He's early 60's, has had a cpl of mild heart attacks (no real damage to heart muscle), a couple stents put in his femoral artery, and back surgery (which he is 'disabled' but can get around pretty well, basically no heavy lifting, doubt he can run.

All of those things are at least 5 years or more old. I've recently become interested in improving my health, nutrition, weight lifting and am taking a couple of peptides and plan to use AAS in the future. I've explored HRT a bit for myself (I'm 41) but am not going to do that, not now at least.

However, I would like to introduce my dad to the idea/information about HRT and anti-aging clinics/ anti-aging medicine, etc. He's pretty conservative, not a big risk taker. He does like to read a lot and was wondering if there is a book or 3 people could recommend that speaks to an audience of older males in a positive and encouraging way while providing information about anti-aging, HRT, etc.

I think if I could give him a book or 3 to digest and then discuss it with him over time he might become open to considering something like this. I don't want to push it on him but think it could benefit him a great deal so want to expose him to the information in a way that is non-threatening and positive.

He changed his diet up after his first heart attack (angina, which lead to inpatient and a stent) and drastically lowered his cholesterol. He's into vitamins and herbs somewhat but don't think he has ever heard of HRT or the notion of anti-aging treatment/therapy, etc.

Any suggestions?
Read the boards.
Protocols at LEF.org
My threads, all pages:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/77385-jansz-metabolic-analysis.html

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Any suggestions?
Where are you located ?

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
Where are you located ?

I am in eastern MA and so is my dad. I know there is an anti aging clinic in NH as I briefly looked at it for myself. My dad is def not going to jump into bloodwork or visit a doctor right off the bat, if at all. I have not even spoken to him about any of this yet.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am in eastern MA and so is my dad. I know there is an anti aging clinic in NH as I briefly looked at it for myself. My dad is def not going to jump into bloodwork or visit a doctor right off the bat, if at all. I have not even spoken to him about any of this yet.
If you are succesfull, you may want to post on way you approach you father.

I have a wife that could use some convincing