Recommendations for Lab Tests
- 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
- 07-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Blood drawn at Quest.
If you use T shots, draw blood 48 hrs after the T shot.
No eating for 12 hrs, drink 12-16 oz water 2hrs before draw.
List on my post #44
Print the list or PM me for clean list.
Put a note "Copy to patient"
Print it out then ask doc to xerox that list over his office stationary and sign it.
Do not let him spend hours trying to fill up forms as usually requested by Quest,
waste of doc's time and you will get different tests and many screw ups.
Doctor who will oblige you with scripts for tests and medications is a worh his weight in gold, keep him.
Do not worry that he knows squat about your problems, you can teach him.
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Same pre-test procedure for Androgel as T injections?
It's almost guaranteed my Endo will balk at running the full spectrum, but it's worth a try. Plenty of other docs out there to try, and I'm on a PPO medical plan through work.
07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Unless one is dealng with low DHT he should not use transdermals.
Transdermals, any transdermals, raise DHT.
You do not want to deal with that.
You do not want to listen to bs that high DHT is good for you.
You do not want to listen to story that DHT test is inaccurate.
You want to test DHT and have it in top of range, 10-30 % over it is ok but not below.
But if you do not have a choice, use any available testosterone.
When using transdermals, newer put it on arm that you draw blood from.
Assuming that you put transdermal every day 7AM.
You would draw blood 7AM before putting transdermal on you.
Similar Forum Threads
- By peabody in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2012, 08:50 AM
- By rok17 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
- By raw1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2009, 11:52 AM
- By TDHAWKS in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 11Last Post: 12-06-2008, 06:56 PM
- By aculpep in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 33Last Post: 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM