which hormones speed up metabolic rate?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    which hormones speed up metabolic rate?


    Im a male im 19 years old and well i have a problem with my metabolism its very slow. I know this is to do with my hormones being low but what hormones specifically influence this i know thyroid hormones are the main regulators of metabolic rate but what else is important? GH levels? IGF-1? Testosterone?

    IGF-1: 40 (70-228) *
    Total Testosterone: 6.7 nmol/L * ( 12.0-32.0 )
    Free Testosterone: 17.8 pmol/L * ( 43 - 138 )
    DHEAS: 8.2 umol/L ( 2.5 - 13.00)
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: 29 nmol/L ( 15-50 )
    Prolactin: 190 mIU/L ( 85-500 )
    Estradiol: 306 * ( 0-160 )
    Free Androgen Index: 23% ( 15-100 )

    Thyroid Panel:

    Free T3: 3.0 pmol/L ( 2.5-6.0 )
    Free T4: 9 pmol/L ( 8-22 )
    TSH: 3.76 mIU/L ( 0.30 - 4.00 )

    These results are from 2 to 2 and a half months ago.

    I'm about to go on Testosterone replacement either T shots or HCG to stimulate the testes with arimidex to control E2, my LH, FSH and GH are also pretty low.

    I have been prescribed thyroid hormones 100mcg of T4 for hasimotos thyroiditis BUT it doesn't work actually makes me feel worse. I then tried using armour at the equivalant dose but it seems when i take thyroid hormone in higher replacement doses i put on weight (around the waist area), feel weak in the gym (kills my strength) and feel my muscles being catabolic. Is this something to do with cortisol increase? Or is my testosterone level too low to prevent the catabolic action thyroid hormones have on lean tissue?

    Or could this be a adrenal problem? and how can it be tested and/or fixed. Also When i try to do cardio more than 3 times a week i also put on weight in my gut area, i tend to eat a little more with the increase in cardio but not much mostly protein and that shouldnt cause any weight gain so again i'm thinking its a cortisol/adrenal issue.

    I do everything i can to keep my metabolism high try to eat smaller meals 5 times a day even though i cant eat very much because it tends to make me put on weight lots of protein, low-moderate amounts of complex carbs and healthy fats , supplement with Fish/Flax Oil, B Vitamins, ZMA, Vitamin C, BCAA's, Glutamine. Heavy Weight training 3-4 days a week.


    Thanks.

  2. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Im a male im 19 years old and well i have a problem with my metabolism its very slow. I know this is to do with my hormones being low but what hormones specifically influence this i know thyroid hormones are the main regulators of metabolic rate but what else is important? GH levels? IGF-1? Testosterone?

    IGF-1: 40 (70-228) *
    Total Testosterone: 6.7 nmol/L * ( 12.0-32.0 )
    Free Testosterone: 17.8 pmol/L * ( 43 - 138 )
    DHEAS: 8.2 umol/L ( 2.5 - 13.00)
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: 29 nmol/L ( 15-50 )
    Prolactin: 190 mIU/L ( 85-500 )
    Estradiol: 306 * ( 0-160 )
    Free Androgen Index: 23% ( 15-100 )

    Thyroid Panel:

    Free T3: 3.0 pmol/L ( 2.5-6.0 )
    Free T4: 9 pmol/L ( 8-22 )
    TSH: 3.76 mIU/L ( 0.30 - 4.00 )

    These results are from 2 to 2 and a half months ago.

    I'm about to go on Testosterone replacement either T shots or HCG to stimulate the testes with arimidex to control E2, my LH, FSH and GH are also pretty low.

    I have been prescribed thyroid hormones 100mcg of T4 for hasimotos thyroiditis BUT it doesn't work actually makes me feel worse. I then tried using armour at the equivalant dose but it seems when i take thyroid hormone in higher replacement doses i put on weight (around the waist area), feel weak in the gym (kills my strength) and feel my muscles being catabolic. Is this something to do with cortisol increase? Or is my testosterone level too low to prevent the catabolic action thyroid hormones have on lean tissue?

    Or could this be a adrenal problem? and how can it be tested and/or fixed. Also When i try to do cardio more than 3 times a week i also put on weight in my gut area, i tend to eat a little more with the increase in cardio but not much mostly protein and that shouldnt cause any weight gain so again i'm thinking its a cortisol/adrenal issue.

    I do everything i can to keep my metabolism high try to eat smaller meals 5 times a day even though i cant eat very much because it tends to make me put on weight lots of protein, low-moderate amounts of complex carbs and healthy fats , supplement with Fish/Flax Oil, B Vitamins, ZMA, Vitamin C, BCAA's, Glutamine. Heavy Weight training 3-4 days a week.


    Thanks.
    Low LH, ---> make attempt to raise natural T using HCG, give it good few months or more, if not use testosterone.
    Injections if DHT ok, transdermal if DHT low.

    Very high E2 ----> Arimidex

    Get rT3 and both antibodies, proceed accordingly.

    If you could do Genova Diagnostic NutrEval test, you would get answers to 75% of your other problems.
    Stop all supplements for two months before this test.

    Test Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin) (37371X)
    unless CBG is very high, you can do saliva cortisol testing and believe results, to figure out your adrenals.
  3. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    A 19 year old in the anti-aging forum. That is just sad. I feel sorry for you having these problems so young. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    The Genova Nutritional evaluation is on my to do list! Its a great comprehensive test and as you say it will probably fix 75% of my problems and i think so too.

    Here is some other blood that might be of value Jansz:

    Reverse T3: 261 pmol/L ( 140 - 540 )
    DHT: 0.9 (1.2-4.7)
    Thyroid Binding Globulin: 7.5 ( 10.6 - 28.6 )
    Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies: 2069 (High)
    Thyroglobulin Antibodies: 48 (Doesn't say if its high or low just an asterix next to it indicating a problem also)

    The antibodies test confirmed autoimmune disease hashimotos thyroditis.

    I will check Cortisol Binding Globulin and get a saliva cortisol test done, though it might not be possible but ill ask the next best thing is the 24 hour urinary cortisol.

    Also i have done allergy testing:

    IgE Antibodies - 1905 (<101) U/mL

    > Atopic genesis highly probable.

    Interpretation: (0=Undetectable:1=Low:2=Modera te:3=High:4=V.High)

    Common Grasses - 3
    Mould - 0
    Mites - 4
    Animals - 0
    Foods - 0

    I know since i have one autoimmune disease (hashimotos) im suceptible to getting others and i also have very high IgE. Just some info that might help.
  5. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    I have Clomid, Nolvadex and Arimidex.

    Should i use the Clomid 25-50mg a day and the Arimidex to try and restart my HPTA?

    Or should i wait to get HCG prescribed by a doctor?
  6. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    The Genova Nutritional evaluation is on my to do list! Its a great comprehensive test and as you say it will probably fix 75% of my problems and i think so too.

    Here is some other blood that might be of value Jansz:

    Reverse T3: 261 pmol/L ( 140 - 540 )
    DHT: 0.9 (1.2-4.7)
    Thyroid Binding Globulin: 7.5 ( 10.6 - 28.6 )
    Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies: 2069 (High)
    Thyroglobulin Antibodies: 48 (Doesn't say if its high or low just an asterix next to it indicating a problem also)

    The antibodies test confirmed autoimmune disease hashimotos thyroditis.

    I will check Cortisol Binding Globulin and get a saliva cortisol test done, though it might not be possible but ill ask the next best thing is the 24 hour urinary cortisol.

    Also i have done allergy testing:

    IgE Antibodies - 1905 (<101) U/mL

    > Atopic genesis highly probable.

    Interpretation: (0=Undetectable:1=Low:2=Modera te:3=High:4=V.High)

    Common Grasses - 3
    Mould - 0
    Mites - 4
    Animals - 0
    Foods - 0

    I know since i have one autoimmune disease (hashimotos) im suceptible to getting others and i also have very high IgE. Just some info that might help.
    Your 24hr amount of cortisol may be helpfull to see if you are able to produce enough cortisol on you own (without supplementation).
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    DHT: 0.9 (1.2-4.7)
    Transdermal T, specially Androgel may be usefull in raising your very low DHT.

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Reverse T3: 261 pmol/L ( 140 - 540 )
    keep your FreeT3 close to the top range.

    Use hair analysis to check long term selenium level.
    Use RBC element analysis to check recent selenium status.
    Elemental Analysis, Packed Erythrocytes (RBC's)(is a part of NutrEval)

    doing those analysis you will also get (iodine, zinc, copper)

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    IgE Antibodies - 1905 (<101) U/mL
    Here are a few other related panels that Genova have:

    IgG Food Antibodies with IgE Food
    IgG Food Antibodies with Inhalants
    IgG Food Antibodies with Molds
    IgG/IgE Food Antibodies with InhalantsIgE Inhalants
    IgE MoldsIgG Spices
    Better Brain Panel
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    How far are you from zip 19442
    -----------------------------------
  7. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    I am in Sydney, Australia is their a Genova located near me?

    Im seeing a new endocrinologist and he decided to test these:

    TSH
    Thyroid Panel
    RAI (What is this test, its related to the thyroid but i'm not sure what it is?)
    Testosterone
    SHBG
    LH, FSH, Prolactin
    IGF-1
    Cortisol (Morning before 10am)
  8. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    I am in Sydney, Australia is their a Genova located near me?

    Im seeing a new endocrinologist and he decided to test these:

    TSH
    Thyroid Panel
    RAI (What is this test, its related to the thyroid but i'm not sure what it is?)
    Testosterone
    SHBG
    LH, FSH, Prolactin
    IGF-1
    Cortisol (Morning before 10am)
    http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/ind...&id=22&Itemid=

    ARL Pathology
    568 St Kilda Rd
    Melbourne
    Victoria 3004
    Australia

    Contact Jacqui Evans
    Tel: 03 9539 5469
    Mobile: 0425 779 732

    http://www.arlaus.com.au/
    http://www.arlaus.com.au/index.php?page=contact

    jacquie@arlaus.com.au
  9. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    642

    BEcause you have Hashimoto's you need to be on a significant amount of armour to drive your TSH down to zero, otherwise you will continue to destroy your thyroid (its what Hashimoto's does).

    SO you need to probably be on 2-3 grains of armour total and be at that dose for about a month and then retest. The reason you are probably tired and gain weight is because you have not balanced out your thyroid hormones to the optimal level...this takes time (stay away from synthroid).


    Your test is also pretty attrocius. I would do HCG like suggested and try that and fixing your thyroid and then retest in a few months. It takes time, so you have to be patient but if test levels remain very low THEN you can try full TRT. Also, I would stay away from arimidex or other serms or inhibitors until you fine tune everything else.

    I would also look into iodine supplementation, and checking a 24 hour urinary or saliva or both cortisol testing.
  10. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    I realize i need to be on a high dose of armour, i have armour BUT i cannot take it, it doesnt help me actualy the gives me weight gain, joint pain, lack of strength in the gym etc. im pretty certain this has something to do with the adrenal glands and my cortisol levels.

    My endo asked me to do some more blood work and a one off cortisol reading before 10am. I will do that first then do the 24 hour urinary or saliva cortisol.

    My main problems i cannot tolerate stress at all, im very fatigued and tired most of the time yet i try to push myself and do to train in the gym 3-4 days a week of intense training. Weight gain mostly around the middle and muscle loss, i notice my waist size is the same almost but i have a lot more fat around my waist and a lot less muscle their its very ugly and odd. I have no libido whatsoever a naked girl could strip in front of me and i wouldn't be aroused its horrible i've totally lost interest in women.

    Yes my t levels are atrocious but most doctors don't seem to think so but i have found two good doctors at the moment so i'm happy.
  11. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    I realize i need to be on a high dose of armour, i have armour BUT i cannot take it, it doesnt help me actualy the gives me weight gain, joint pain, lack of strength in the gym etc. im pretty certain this has something to do with the adrenal glands and my cortisol levels.

    My endo asked me to do some more blood work and a one off cortisol reading before 10am. I will do that first then do the 24 hour urinary or saliva cortisol.

    My main problems i cannot tolerate stress at all, im very fatigued and tired most of the time yet i try to push myself and do to train in the gym 3-4 days a week of intense training. Weight gain mostly around the middle and muscle loss, i notice my waist size is the same almost but i have a lot more fat around my waist and a lot less muscle their its very ugly and odd. I have no libido whatsoever a naked girl could strip in front of me and i wouldn't be aroused its horrible i've totally lost interest in women.

    Yes my t levels are atrocious but most doctors don't seem to think so but i have found two good doctors at the moment so i'm happy.
    It will be good to know your total 24 hr cortisol from urinary test.
    By your decription of being always tired I assume that your cortisol will be low.
    You probably should:
    ease out on your stress
    and
    go for 25 -30mg Cortef daily for at least a year or two or longer.

    After you are stabilized on 30 mg/day of Cortef for a couple of months, start working on your FreeT3, get it as high as you are able, goal being a top of range but not over it.

    In the mean time get your
    FreeT~300
    E2~20 (plus fine tuning using nightly erections)
    DHT~top range

    do what you have to do to get above 3 numbers as written.
    That is, use T shots, freqent schedule if need be, HCG, Arimidex/ Liquidex.
    Tgel+Tshots if you need to tweak DHT.
    Details abound, discussed every day on this board.

    To get to this point you should not use any supplements at all, mineral or vitamins. Only T, AI, HCG, Cortef and Armour and plain ordinary unprocessed food and tap water. Food that your grandma would recognize and eat.

    Now go get NutrEval test at Genova Diagnostics.
    Results of that test will give you list of 90% of supplements that you actually need.
    Use them.
    By not spending money on unnecessary supplements, very quickly you will save money to pay for NutrEval if your insurance refused to pay.
    .
    .
  12. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    After you are stabilized on 30 mg/day of Cortef for a couple of months, start working on your FreeT3, get it as high as you are able, goal being a top of range but not over it.

    In the mean time get your
    FreeT~300
    E2~20 (plus fine tuning using nightly erections)
    DHT~top range

    do what you have to do to get above 3 numbers as written.
    That is, use T shots, freqent schedule if need be, HCG, Arimidex/ Liquidex.
    Tgel+Tshots if you need to tweak DHT.
    Details abound, discussed every day on this board.

    To get to this point you should not use any supplements at all, mineral or vitamins. Only T, AI, HCG, Cortef and Armour and plain ordinary unprocessed food and tap water. Food that your grandma would recognize and eat.

    .[/QUOTE]

    My lab ranges are in a different format so if my goal for freeT is 300 and E2 about 20 what is the equivalant according to my lab range for E2 and FreeT?

    Free Testosterone: 17.8 pmol/L * ( 43 - 138 )
    Estradiol: 306 * ( 0-160 )

    Someone here told me about a Dr. Michael Elstein and i have arranged a consultation with him, i showed him all my lab work via email and he said he would treat immediatly. He specialises in Anti-Aging medicine, allergy testing, hormones inbalances, counselling and psychotherapy, nutritional and dietary therapy, sexual health, and weight-loss. He is a great doctor.

    I understand exactly what i need to do. My diet is always clean unprocessed foods as much as possible and yes i will discontinue supplements also. My T needs to be raised with HCG and Arimidex if that doesn't work i will add T shots and aim for those numbers for Free T3 and E2 you gave me. Then i need to be placed on cortisol replacement and once im on that for a few months i will introduce armour thyroid and try to get my Free T3 to the top of the range.

    Its pretty all my symptoms are in line with these problems e.g. thyroid not helping actually making things worse because of low cortisol and poor adrenal function and thyroid being low this is causing the weight gain. And the low T causing the muscle loss, no libido, low cognition.

    Thanks for your help i will update the thread once im on the treatments for fine tuning with your assistance.

  13. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    After you are stabilized on 30 mg/day of Cortef for a couple of months, start working on your FreeT3, get it as high as you are able, goal being a top of range but not over it.

    In the mean time get your
    FreeT~300
    E2~20 (plus fine tuning using nightly erections)
    DHT~top range

    do what you have to do to get above 3 numbers as written.
    That is, use T shots, freqent schedule if need be, HCG, Arimidex/ Liquidex.
    Tgel+Tshots if you need to tweak DHT.
    Details abound, discussed every day on this board.

    To get to this point you should not use any supplements at all, mineral or vitamins. Only T, AI, HCG, Cortef and Armour and plain ordinary unprocessed food and tap water. Food that your grandma would recognize and eat.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post

    My lab ranges are in a different format so if my goal for freeT is 300 and E2 about 20 what is the equivalant according to my lab range for E2 and FreeT?

    Free Testosterone: 17.8 pmol/L * ( 43 - 138 )
    Estradiol: 306 * ( 0-160 )

    Someone here told me about a Dr. Michael Elstein and i have arranged a consultation with him, i showed him all my lab work via email and he said he would treat immediatly. He specialises in Anti-Aging medicine, allergy testing, hormones inbalances, counselling and psychotherapy, nutritional and dietary therapy, sexual health, and weight-loss. He is a great doctor.

    I understand exactly what i need to do. My diet is always clean unprocessed foods as much as possible and yes i will discontinue supplements also. My T needs to be raised with HCG and Arimidex if that doesn't work i will add T shots and aim for those numbers for Free T3 and E2 you gave me. Then i need to be placed on cortisol replacement and once im on that for a few months i will introduce armour thyroid and try to get my Free T3 to the top of the range.

    Its pretty all my symptoms are in line with these problems e.g. thyroid not helping actually making things worse because of low cortisol and poor adrenal function and thyroid being low this is causing the weight gain. And the low T causing the muscle loss, no libido, low cognition.

    Thanks for your help i will update the thread once im on the treatments for fine tuning with your assistance.


    Take a good look at the chart, post #41,
    specially the example with two red lines.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...oodtest-2.html

    The chart uses two types of units, easy to figure, just look at the chart, spend on it 2 minutes.
    If not, keep asking.

    Make sure that you do "ultrasensitive" E2 tests even with that, it is only approximate information,
    tweak AI dose to further adjust E2 using your nightly erection as an indicator.

    Do not use more than 30mg Cortef daily.
    Do not use more than 3 grains of Armour Thyroid daily.
    If you would get to 3grains and thought of increasing dose, first spend 2 months on 3 grains, then do testing, then re-evaluate. I am guessing that 4 grains would be top plus require real good justification.

    Action that you will take after you get results from NutrEval,
    may change your needs for Armour, AI, testosterone, etc,
    those will be very powerful (positive) changes.
    .
    .
  14. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    I am having MASSIVE E2 problems at the moment i have ballooned in 2-3 days i feel fat as hell it must be a lot of water all over my body particularly lowerback, thighs and glutes and im getting really moody, emotional and hot flashes.

    I have arimidex on hand and i think i need to use it because these high estrogen levels are killing me. Can someone give me a good dosage to combat this?
  15. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    I am having MASSIVE E2 problems at the moment i have ballooned in 2-3 days i feel fat as hell it must be a lot of water all over my body particularly lowerback, thighs and glutes and im getting really moody, emotional and hot flashes.

    I have arimidex on hand and i think i need to use it because these high estrogen levels are killing me. Can someone give me a good dosage to combat this?
    It seems agreed that 1/4 tab is effective ED.
  16. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    I have the research chem kind so it might be a little underdosed but still good. I was thinking 0.5-1mg ED. I know using it might skew my blood test results when i draw blood but its a must right now.

    How long should i use it for? meaning how many days or weeks?
  17. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    I have the research chem kind so it might be a little underdosed but still good. I was thinking 0.5-1mg ED. I know using it might skew my blood test results when i draw blood but its a must right now.

    How long should i use it for? meaning how many days or weeks?
    I have used
    original Arimidex
    Liquidex
    Anastrozole (the research chem kind )

    Curently, since dec/07, I am on Anastrozole.
    They all work equally for me.

    Dose you will have to figue out by frequent testing (using ultrasensitive E2), and fine tunning using your nightly erections as a guide.
    Very few people are able to figure out their dose and stick to it for very long time.

    Required Anastrozole dose fluctuaes from zero to 2mg/week.
    When you would need to use more than 2mg/week,
    rather do not do it, instead reduce your dose of HCG or injectable testosterone.

    In my experience transdermal T did not raised my E2 but instead I had sky high DHT, over 3x over top range.

    Dose Anastrozole E2D (every other day) or E3D.

    Currently I use 0.25cc E2D.

    I use insuline syringe with totally cut out needle to dispense Anastrozole or Liquidex.

    As long as you are on any type of TRT, you have to check your E2 levels and control them.
    --------------------------
  18. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    Great! i'm very well informed now got all the knowledge i need to tackle these issues. Lots of helpful info in your thread their Jansz i will read it in detail.

    The glucose tolerance test i did indicated hypoglycaemia is their any hormone that would specifically cause this? or organ? I know its insulin related...

    Also i have seen a hepatologist and he requested a abdominal ultrasound which i did today and i got the results:

    Clinical history: increased LFT's and AST, ALT.

    Findings: Pancreas and liver are normal.

    No Biliary dilation. The CBD measures 1.9mm.

    The gallbladder is unremarkable with no calculi.

    The spleen is not enlarged measuring 9.7cm in span.

    No Ascites.

    There is a discrepancy in the size of the kidneys with the right measuring 13.6cm and the left 9.7cm in bipolar length. Normal cortical thickness however is present and there is no hydronephrosis, focal renal mass or duplicated collecting system.

    COMMENT: Slight discrepancy in the renal lengths, however the absolute size of each kidney is within normal limits and no specific abnormality is identified to account for this finding.

    my hepatologist also requested i do a 48 hour urine sample to test for copper, protein and ferritin and iron which i have completed and will be seeing him sortly. He was concerned with the high liver values but says its most likely to do with me using the supplements creatine, BCAA's, Glutamine and doing heavy weight training on a consistent basis.
  19. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    with the armour thyroid i have the 2 grain tablets. How should i be dosing it twice a day, three times a day?

    i''m 6"2-6"3 (190cm) and 105kgs (230lbs)

    And what dose should i start with?

    each tab is 76mcg t4, 18mcg t3. i can split them but will get 1 grain next time to avoid having to break them as they cant be evenly split very well.
  20. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    with the armour thyroid i have the 2 grain tablets. How should i be dosing it twice a day, three times a day?

    i''m 6"2-6"3 (190cm) and 105kgs (230lbs)

    And what dose should i start with?

    each tab is 76mcg t4, 18mcg t3. i can split them but will get 1 grain next time to avoid having to break them as they cant be evenly split very well.
    You can cut those pills down to 1/2 as smallest.
    So you may end up with
    2, 2.5, 3, grains dose/day

    2grains --- take 1+1
    2.5grains --- take 1.5 +1
    3 grains --- take 2 +1

    Make the cuts on as need basis, do not pre-cut ahead of the time.
  21. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    Hey well i saw Dr Elstein and let me tell you he is a great doctor he did a free radical test on me via urine which came out good a bacterial gut test which was also good via urine. He took a lot of blood to check LH FSH and some adrenal markers and a lot of things which i cant remember. He also did allergy testing and im very allergic to dust mites and common grass which i knew also im allergic to milk products and strawberries slightly which i didnt know but am avoiding those right now.

    He gave me a saliva testing kit which will measure:

    Cortisol/DHEA's 7am, 1pm, 6pm and 12am
    E, E2, E5 - 7am
    Testosterone - 7am

    The doc also told me he will be sending a saliva testing kit to my house its a complete estrogen testing kit.

    Also he gave me a 24 hour urinary cortisol to do as well as the saliva cortisol testing. Finally he gave me blood work to do which includes:

    Dopamine, Calcium, Adrenaline, Noradrenaline, Creatinine, Zinc, Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium as well as Anti-Diuretic Hormone.

    All in all hes a very competent doctor and ill post the results once i complete them. He says on a biochemical level my body is quite sick and this needs to be addressed, he laughed when he read endocrinology reports of doctors saying im fine with low t, low fsh, low lh etc.


    At the moment im taking the armour thyroid and arimidex... should i stop these a few days before i do all these tests??

    with the saliva testing you can tick off if your taking arimidex and thyroid and those will be taken into account with the results you get.
  22. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Hey well i saw Dr Elstein and let me tell you he is a great doctor he did a free radical test on me via urine which came out good a bacterial gut test which was also good via urine. He took a lot of blood to check LH FSH and some adrenal markers and a lot of things which i cant remember. He also did allergy testing and im very allergic to dust mites and common grass which i knew also im allergic to milk products and strawberries slightly which i didnt know but am avoiding those right now.

    He gave me a saliva testing kit which will measure:

    Cortisol/DHEA's 7am, 1pm, 6pm and 12am
    E, E2, E5 - 7am
    Testosterone - 7am

    The doc also told me he will be sending a saliva testing kit to my house its a complete estrogen testing kit.

    Also he gave me a 24 hour urinary cortisol to do as well as the saliva cortisol testing. Finally he gave me blood work to do which includes:

    Dopamine, Calcium, Adrenaline, Noradrenaline, Creatinine, Zinc, Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium as well as Anti-Diuretic Hormone.

    All in all hes a very competent doctor and ill post the results once i complete them. He says on a biochemical level my body is quite sick and this needs to be addressed, he laughed when he read endocrinology reports of doctors saying im fine with low t, low fsh, low lh etc.


    At the moment im taking the armour thyroid and arimidex... should i stop these a few days before i do all these tests??

    with the saliva testing you can tick off if your taking arimidex and thyroid and those will be taken into account with the results you get.
    Yes, good doc is a treasure.

    About Arimidex, hard to say, ask doctor.
    Off hand I would say, do not change anything in your routine.
    Better yet, write everything in your routine, in nice tabulated way, show it to your doc, let him comment.
    .
    .
    But even with steady unchanged routine there are details on timing that may affect results.
    Also, it is worth to be aware about timing of your supplements in relation to time of sample taking.
    Discuss that with your doc, write it down so you have it for future reference, you are going to go thru some of the tests periodically.
    .
    .
  23. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    Appreciate it Jansz.

    Another question... i can understand why im not gaining much muscle and actually losing muscle through very low T, GH and IGF-1 the anabolic hormones but what hormones would cause someone to gain weight very rapidly and increase their appetite?

    One thing that happens to me is my body would swell up particularly my lower back, glutes and legs and ive read this is a sign of heart, liver or kidney problems is this true?

    Ive done a EKG and heart xray and docs say my heart is fine, ive had a ultrasound to check the liver, pancreas and kidneys and its all fine. SO it must be due to hormones not organs directly.


    Also you say nightly erections in regards to E2 and using an AI do u mean nightly erections meaning i'm using the right dose of Arimidex? so far ive only had 3 erections at three different nights since using arimidex though havent had them recently and ive been using arimidex for almost 2 weeks now. 1mg for 5 days then 0.5mg ED. No joint pain only hot flashes once or twice in the face. Since i've lowered it to 0.5mg ED ive noticed more swelling of the body particularly today, this could be due to high cortisol who knows.... ill only know once i get the results back.
  24. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Appreciate it Jansz.

    Another question... i can understand why im not gaining much muscle and actually losing muscle through very low T, GH and IGF-1 the anabolic hormones but what hormones would cause someone to gain weight very rapidly and increase their appetite?

    One thing that happens to me is my body would swell up particularly my lower back, glutes and legs and ive read this is a sign of heart, liver or kidney problems is this true?

    Ive done a EKG and heart xray and docs say my heart is fine, ive had a ultrasound to check the liver, pancreas and kidneys and its all fine. SO it must be due to hormones not organs directly.


    Also you say nightly erections in regards to E2 and using an AI do u mean nightly erections meaning i'm using the right dose of Arimidex? so far ive only had 3 erections at three different nights since using arimidex though havent had them recently and ive been using arimidex for almost 2 weeks now. 1mg for 5 days then 0.5mg ED. No joint pain only hot flashes once or twice in the face. Since i've lowered it to 0.5mg ED ive noticed more swelling of the body particularly today, this could be due to high cortisol who knows.... ill only know once i get the results back.
    ive been using arimidex for almost 2 weeks now. 1mg for 5 days then 0.5mg ED.

    hot flashes once or twice in the face
    ------------------------

    Be very carefull with Arimidex.
    0.5mg/EOD
    that is a large dose, 3.5mg/week

    Always think of average weekly dose.
    2mg/week is probably max that you want to take.

    many people need 0.25mg/EOD

    Frequent small doses are important.

    It is hard to keep track of E2 using blood testing.
    Even if one have an access to good blood testing.

    24hr urine testing is the lattest way of getting control of this problem.

    Once you get E2 too low it takes 2-3 weeks to get it back up, nobody have a good handle on this problem.

    Hot flashes are usually due to low E2, but may be something else.
    ---------------
    Edema, may be another ball of wax, not sure how it may relate to E2.
  25. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    Ok i will stick to 0.5mg EOD, who knows my E2 might be driven too low at the moment, i have been feeling really depressed, moody and hopeless after i take the arimidex but then 6 hours later it goes away. But then my E2 was huge at 310 and it should be under 160 so high doses for a few days wouldn't do much harm. I have had very large muscle pumps in the gym once or twice since taking the arimidex i think it might be increasing my T a little... but i told my doctor about me taking it so he's taking that into account. As you say the edema is a whole other ball of wax.

    The saliva testing will tell me my E2 and some other estrogens that my doc ordered.

    I will update once i get all my results together and the doc gives me the prescriptions for the meds he feels i need to be on which will be about a month.
  26. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Ok i will stick to 0.5mg EOD, who knows my E2 might be driven too low at the moment, i have been feeling really depressed, moody and hopeless after i take the arimidex but then 6 hours later it goes away. But then my E2 was huge at 310 and it should be under 160 so high doses for a few days wouldn't do much harm. I have had very large muscle pumps in the gym once or twice since taking the arimidex i think it might be increasing my T a little... but i told my doctor about me taking it so he's taking that into account. As you say the edema is a whole other ball of wax.

    The saliva testing will tell me my E2 and some other estrogens that my doc ordered.

    I will update once i get all my results together and the doc gives me the prescriptions for the meds he feels i need to be on which will be about a month.
    About saliva testing, useless.

    There are doubts about cortisol.
    Some hold that saliva cortisol is good provided that CBG (cortisol binding globulin) is not very high.

    Supposedly high CBG is rare, therefore saliva cortisol may be a good test.

    Test your blood CBG once, just so you have idea where it is.

    .
    .
  27. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    You mean saliva testing for E2 is useless?

    Through saliva testing doc requested cortisol, testosterone and some estrogens to be tested.

    I am doing both urinary and saliva cortisol testing. Yes i will checked CBG.
  28. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    You mean saliva testing for E2 is useless?

    Through saliva testing doc requested cortisol, testosterone and some estrogens to be tested.

    I am doing both urinary and saliva cortisol testing. Yes i will checked CBG.
    Urinary, make sure it is 24hr.
  29. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    I just recieved the estrogen test today from my doctor it is a urine test not a saliva test, this is the last test i will be doing before i see him and get treatment... finally.

    Also just so everyone knows i used arimidex for 1-2 weeks and actually put on weight around my lower back mostly... i think this is due to adrenal fatigue/insufficency so i am off it now.

    Hopefully treatment will start soon, i am actually now wearing smaller pants then before when i had a good bodyfat percentage yet i now have a lot more bodyfat around my waist and all my my muscles are shrinking.
  30. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    247

    Here are some of my new results this brings new insight into my problems. Note: i was using arimidex 2 weeks before this.

    SALIVA

    Salivary Estrogens

    Estrone (E1) 16.6 (9.6-20.0) pmol/L
    Estradiol (E2) 2.0 (<6) pmol/L
    Estriol (E3) 26.3*H (16.0 - 25.0) pmol/L

    E1 total Estrogens 37.0 %
    E2 total Estrogens 4.5 %
    E3 total Estrogens 58.6 %
    E3/[E2+E1] 1.41 >1.00 RATIO

    Testosterone <3.5*L (100.0 - 720.0) pmol/L

    Cortisol Morning 105.60*H (6.00 - 42.00) nmol/L

    Cortisol Afternoon 17.40*H (2.00 - 15.00) nmol/L

    Cortisol Profile, Evening 2.5 (1.0 - 8.0) nmol/L

    Melatonin (Saliva) - Midnight 1*L (10 - 40) pg/mL


    Jansz what do you think of this?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Metabolic Typing
    By Norway88 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 01:19 PM
  2. Metabolic Rate?
    By petey7408 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
  3. Basal Metabolic Rate Calculator
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
  4. B12 and the Metabolic Rate
    By buyb12 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 10:36 PM
  5. target hormones conversion rate from prohormones
    By neurotic in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.