My thread - Low Testosterone

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I am 33 years old. Four months back I was very healthy, active and energetic . All of a sudden I got varicoceles.Don’t know the reason why I got them. May be due to stress/pressure at lower abdomen or due to weight lifting at gym. Testes became small (wonder to me).Left one (3.9 cm) is smaller than right one (4.5cm). I feel pain/tightness near nerves/muscles/ligaments at bladder. I went to emergency because of the pain. They took all the tests (blood/urine/CT scan of abdomen and pelvis).Everything is normal.I asked the doc to check testosterone levels . He said no need, you can get that from PCP.Then I went to PCP. They ran blood tests and found out that my total testosterone is low 214. He checked my testes and told me that I have varicoceles and referred to urologist and endocronologist. In UT scan , found out that I have bilateral varicoceles,left one is larger than right one. Blood tests for cortisol,prolactin,lh and fsh were run . LH was very low 0.4 . Endo put me on Depo testosterone. Urlogist checked my varicoceles and said they are small and even if I get rid of varicoceles I wont get the size back on left side and testosterone wont improve. These four months I lost 12 pounds of weight. Lost muscle in arms, thighs chest and buttocks. Is this because of low testosterone? Urlogist says no, its becos of stress. Endo says no.

I feel my joints weak, but no pain in joints. I feel stiff neck. When I wake up at 6 A.M I feel my body very light with no energy, especially chest .Want to sleep more but cant sleep. Whatever I eat, its going to my belly.Looks like water retention. I especially worry about the fat or muscle loss whatever its , near my hip and upper thigh, I cannot wear pants and in shirt .It looks so odd. Is this all because of low testosterone?. I need fat, if not muscle. Why I am not able to build up fat in whole body even after I am in depo-test for 3 weeks.
I had MRI of brain and spain to check for any auto immune disorders. But its normal. I still have brain fog/some difference in vision when I look at monitor while working. I wont feel like refreshed when I get up in the morning. I live in Virginia Beach.No endo is prescribing HCG for low testosterone. Does anybody know any doctor in this area who prescribes HCG or Clomid ,pls let me know.

Is there any test that I can do to find out what is missing in my body?

I am going to put all my updates in this thread.

Last edited:

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Fly to Michigan to see Dr. John Crisler.. That's the best advise... Don't mess with this on your own or with some incompetent doctor...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am 33 years old. Four months back I was very healthy, active and energetic . All of a sudden I got varicoceles.Don’t know the reason why I got them. May be due to stress/pressure at lower abdomen or due to weight lifting at gym. Testes became small (wonder to me).Left one (3.9 cm) is smaller than right one (4.5cm). I feel pain/tightness near nerves/muscles/ligaments at bladder. I went to emergency because of the pain. They took all the tests (blood/urine/CT scan of abdomen and pelvis).Everything is normal.I asked the doc to check testosterone levels . He said no need, you can get that from PCP.Then I went to PCP. They ran blood tests and found out that my total testosterone is low 214. He checked my testes and told me that I have varicoceles and referred to urologist and endocronologist. In UT scan , found out that I have bilateral varicoceles,left one is larger than right one. Blood tests for cortisol,prolactin,lh and fsh were run . LH was very low 0.4 . Endo put me on Depo testosterone. Urlogist checked my varicoceles and said they are small and even if I get rid of varicoceles I wont get the size back on left side and testosterone wont improve. These four months I lost 12 pounds of weight. Lost muscle in arms, thighs chest and buttocks. Is this because of low testosterone? Urlogist says no, its becos of stress. Endo says no.

I feel my joints weak, but no pain in joints. I feel stiff neck. When I wake up at 6 A.M I feel my body very light with no energy, especially chest .Want to sleep more but cant sleep. Whatever I eat, its going to my belly.Looks like water retention. I especially worry about the fat or muscle whatever its , near my hip and upper thigh, I cannot wear pants and in shirt .It looks so odd. Is this all because of low testosterone?. I need fat, if not muscle. Why I am not able to build up fat in whole body even after I am in depo-test for 3 weeks.
I had MRI of brain and spain to check for any auto immune disorders. But its normal. I still have brain fog/some difference in vision when I look at monitor while working. I wont feel like refreshed when I get up in the morning. I live in Virginia Beach.No endo is prescribing HCG for low testosterone. Does anybody know any doctor in this area who prescribes HCG or Clomid ,pls let me know.

Is there any test that I can do to find out what is missing in my body?

I am going to put all my updates in this thread.
Two items in your description stand out.

LH=0.4
Enlarged upper thigh.

Look for possibility of pituitary tumor (usually benign), get MRI.

Get MRI of the enlarged thigh.
Look for sarcoma/lipoma/liposarcoma.
If they would find one of those, rush, you may loose limb.
Go to Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital in Manhattan.

Hard to say about your testis and possibility of being fertile.
If fertility is something you consider, explore fertility protocol, except monitor your testosterone and estrodial levels.

If you do not worry about fertility, check your DHT level, start supplementing testosterone up to normal levels.
Use transdermal T delivery when DHT is low.
Use T injections if DHT is normal.

TRT vise it would be a good idea if you could see dr John.

Tommorow get MRI of your thigh.
Any doctor can give you script for that.
If you have a choice look for open MRI.

God forbid that you have liposarcoma, make sure that you go to horses mouth for surgery, untill few years ago the remedy was amputation.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for Dr Crisler.

If you can afford it....check out airtran...they have good prices on flights or spirit airlines.

Not sure what flights fly into Lansings airport, but Flint, MI is only an hours drive to Lansing.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your responses.
I don’t have enlarged thigh. I have lost most of the muscle in my upper thighs ,hip and buttocks. When I wear pants, its so odd and uncomfortable because it’s so loose at hip now (little flesh and bony). My stomach stands out from whole body. Don’t know where the food is going;
Pituitary MRI is normal. Somehow hypothalamus is not working properly.
I had lower spine/middle spine/head/cervical spine MRIs with and without contrast. Everything is normal. I had CT scan of lower abdomen/pelvis without contrast and it’s normal. Neurologist told me to go for lumbar puncture/spinal tap. I told him to hold for a while.
I live in Virginia. My Insurance is not covered out of state.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your responses.
I don’t have enlarged thigh. I have lost most of the muscle in my upper thighs ,hip and buttocks. When I wear pants, its so odd and uncomfortable because it’s so loose at hip now (little flesh and bony). My stomach stands out from whole body. Don’t know where the food is going;
Pituitary MRI is normal. Somehow hypothalamus is not working properly.
I had lower spine/middle spine/head/cervical spine MRIs with and without contrast. Everything is normal. I had CT scan of lower abdomen/pelvis without contrast and it’s normal. Neurologist told me to go for lumbar puncture/spinal tap. I told him to hold for a while.
I live in Virginia. My Insurance is not covered out of state.
That is a good news.

So now start at low LH
LH=0.4

and go from there.

Before you do anything in a way of supplements/medicine,
may I interest you in my long list for blood testing at Quest Diagnostics?

Post #44

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

I have Medicare, paid $6 out of pocket for this list.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
That is a good news.

So now start at low LH
LH=0.4

and go from there.

Before you do anything in a way of supplements/medicine,
may I interest you in my long list for blood testing at Quest Diagnostics?

Post #44

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

I have Medicare, paid $6 out of pocket for this list.
These are the blood test results from Labcorp

CBC with differential/Platelet
WBC 7.0
RBC 4.94
Hemoglobin 14.6
Hematocrit 42.1
MCV 85
MCH 29.6
MCHC 34.7
RDW 13.7
Platelets 336
Neutrophils 67
Lymphs 27
Monocytes 4
Eos 2
Bases 0
Neutrophis (Absolute) 4.7
Lymphs (Absolute) 1.9
Monocytes (Absolute) 0.3
EOS (Absolute) 0.1
Base (Absolute) 0.0

Comp. Metabolic Panel
Glucose. Serum 97
BUN 8
Creatinine, Serum 0.8
BUN/Creatinine ratio 10
Sodium Serum 143
Potassium Serum 4.4
Chloride Serum 103
Carbon Dioxide Total 26
Calcium Serum 10.3
Protein total Serum 8.2
Albumin Serum 4.9
Globulin Total 3.3
A/G Ratio 1.5
Bilirubin Total 1.0
Alkaline Phosphates S 69
AST (SGOT) 22
ALT (SGPT) 19

Lipid Panel
Cholestrol Total 155
Triglycerides 132
HDL Cholesterol 41
VLDL cholesterol calc 26
LDL Cholesterol Calc 88
LDL/HDL Ratio 2.1

TSH 1.929
FSH 4.0
LH 0.6
Prolactin 5.0
Testosterone 222
Testosterone Free 7.73

Lyme western Blot Serum -negative
antinuckear antibodues direct - negative
angiotensin-converting enzyme - negative

If I want to get blood test from Quest as you mentioned,how should i proceed?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
These are the blood test results from Labcorp

CBC with differential/Platelet
WBC 7.0
RBC 4.94
Hemoglobin 14.6
Hematocrit 42.1
MCV 85
MCH 29.6
MCHC 34.7
RDW 13.7
Platelets 336
Neutrophils 67
Lymphs 27
Monocytes 4
Eos 2
Bases 0
Neutrophis (Absolute) 4.7
Lymphs (Absolute) 1.9
Monocytes (Absolute) 0.3
EOS (Absolute) 0.1
Base (Absolute) 0.0

Comp. Metabolic Panel
Glucose. Serum 97
BUN 8
Creatinine, Serum 0.8
BUN/Creatinine ratio 10
Sodium Serum 143
Potassium Serum 4.4
Chloride Serum 103
Carbon Dioxide Total 26
Calcium Serum 10.3
Protein total Serum 8.2
Albumin Serum 4.9
Globulin Total 3.3
A/G Ratio 1.5
Bilirubin Total 1.0
Alkaline Phosphates S 69
AST (SGOT) 22
ALT (SGPT) 19

Lipid Panel
Cholestrol Total 155
Triglycerides 132
HDL Cholesterol 41
VLDL cholesterol calc 26
LDL Cholesterol Calc 88
LDL/HDL Ratio 2.1

TSH 1.929
FSH 4.0
LH 0.6
Prolactin 5.0
Testosterone 222
Testosterone Free 7.73

Lyme western Blot Serum -negative
antinuckear antibodues direct - negative
angiotensin-converting enzyme - negative

If I want to get blood test from Quest as you mentioned,how should i proceed?
Get a script from your doc, go to Quest to draw blood there.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Get a script from your doc, go to Quest to draw blood there.
Calcium is starting to rise this usally first sign seen in vitamin D defieincy as well as adrenal, tesoterone, thyroid imbalnaces since all this are essential for proper calcium metaboism. If it is high it means that its either being pulled from the bones or its not getting assimuated. Calcium was elevated untill I got testosterone back in check then it dropped by from 10.5 to 9.5. What takes place in the blood is about 2-3 months behind what is happening in the tissue and you are already screwed that is why I tighten up the range so it can red flag me before it gets out of hand. Any thing over 9.9 is a red flag with calcium..

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Calcium is starting to rise this usally first sign seen in vitamin D defieincy as well as adrenal, tesoterone, thyroid imbalnaces since all this are essential for proper calcium metaboism. If it is high it means that its either being pulled from the bones or its not getting assimuated. Calcium was elevated untill I got testosterone back in check then it dropped by from 10.5 to 9.5. What takes place in the blood is about 2-3 months behind what is happening in the tissue and you are already screwed that is why I tighten up the range so it can red flag me before it gets out of hand. Any thing over 9.9 is a red flag with calcium..

Hereis my cortisol test results
prior to ACTH cortisol level is 12.7
after ACTH cortisol value is 28.9mcg/dl. Its normal.

Do ineed to reduce calcium in my body.Doctor says its normal.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
YOur not assimulating it in the blood its not your mineral intake at all its not be synthesised properly (vitamin D defieicny, testosterone levels, adrenal, thyroid imbalances)

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
YOur not assimulating it in the blood its not your mineral intake at all its not be synthesised properly (vitamin D defieicny, testosterone levels, adrenal, thyroid imbalances)
How to make them synthesised properly.

I could not believe in matter of 2 months I lost muscle mass in whole body such that i feel embarrassed to wear pants.

forgot to tell you

Test for B12,Folic Acid,Muscle Enzymes is normal.

When TSH is normal , Do we still need to do T3 and T4 for Thyroid.