Consensus on Test Dosage

professorJohn

Awards
Is there any general consensus of what constitutes a steroid dose level of test versus TRT level.

For example, some people with very high SHBG are told to increase the amount of test per week. Could it possible for someone to have a high enough SHBG level to warrent, say, 250-275 mg/week of test and not be considered to be at a steroid level dosing?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Is there any general consensus of what constitutes a steroid dose level of test versus TRT level.

For example, some people with very high SHBG are told to increase the amount of test per week. Could it possible for someone to have a high enough SHBG level to warrent, say, 250-275 mg/week of test and not be considered to be at a steroid level dosing?
Assuming that desirable level of testosterone is measured with FreeT as per dr Shippen chart or FreeT calculator.

Assuming that desirable Freet (250-300)

I have developed (not really perfect) table that would estimate need for weekly T injection, post #40

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

That table is to be used only once, to start the T therapy.
Latter actual Freet level should be confirmed by testing
T & SHBG
or better
using Quest Diagnostics, thise test:

Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)

on that test best is to aim at
BAT~575
That is what I do.

Someone with
SHBG=63.5
and a goal of
FreeT=300
would need
250mg/week

SHBG=83 ---> 300mg/week

professorJohn

Awards
test

Thank you

Assuming that desirable level of testosterone is measured with FreeT as per dr Shippen chart or FreeT calculator.

Assuming that desirable Freet (250-300)

I have developed (not really perfect) table that would estimate need for weekly T injection, post #40

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html

That table is to be used only once, to start the T therapy.
Latter actual Freet level should be confirmed by testing
T & SHBG
or better
using Quest Diagnostics, thise test:

Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)

on that test best is to aim at
BAT~575
That is what I do.

Someone with
SHBG=63.5
and a goal of
FreeT=300
would need
250mg/week

SHBG=83 ---> 300mg/week

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

shbg is a facfor that flucuates and may be an indicator of other problems that may be underlying causes. One way is that if you bio is low and that you are pissing it out like crazy due to some kind of abnormal testosterone problem like one person I know which i will get down to the root cause of it,
Start out with 100 mgs a week then retest in 4-6 weeks and if it is not at 70% of top end when in the tough then evualte the e2 and if it is elevated look at primary causes rather then jumping on armidex right away. I have reduce peoples e2 by 50% with out drugs while increasing there total testosterone by in conjunction with dr making minor changes in TRT. Test run protocol and then retest again till you get desired results. Stop playing the fuken number game because its just going to bite your self in the end like a dog chasing its tail for along ass time