Prescription T, blood tests, for healthy 21 yr old - AnabolicMinds.com

Prescription T, blood tests, for healthy 21 yr old

Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

Prescription T, blood tests, for healthy 21 yr old

Hey everyone. Im 21 years old and have sort of reached a plateau with my lifting. I don't use many supplements, just whey protein, glutamine, and creatine, but I would like to try a prescription testosterone booster. (I believe my T may be slightly low for a man as active as I am, but not unhealthily low and certainly no significant problems)

I got in touch with a nearby doctor who does a lot of hormone stuff, and I am scheduled for a "full panel" blood test. Depending on the results of this, he may or may not start prescribing me testosterone. He had ads in his office for Testim, so I think its pretty likely this is what he would prescribe. I am pretty new to the "anabolic scene" so I have a few questions I hope some of you can help with.

1) Any tips to temporarily lower my testosterone for this test? Only suggestions I have found so far are to stop eating, sleeping, and sex/masturbation a day or so before the test. There was also one weird suggetion about taking a birth control pill. Do these work? Any other ideas?

2) Is there even an accepted cut-off level for prescribing T or is it open to intepretation? I don't know how critical this guy is going to be about the results. He has prescribed me unnecessary pain medication in the past so I would guess he's gonna be pretty lax. Because of that, I would appreciate any relatively easy tips for temporarily lowering T but I won't be doing anything too extreme (if you tell me to soak my sack in ice water for 12 hours its probably not gonna happen).

3) Any reviews or feedback on using Testim (for bodybuilding, not aging problems)? I have tried searching around but haven't found a whole lot about it. Found a little bit more about Androgel, but even that was pretty scarce. Any suggestions for how to use it once I begin?

Thanks for any help. I'll be sure to let you all know how it works out, both with the doctor and with the Testim (assuming I get it).

Admin: I'm posting this under both Supplements and anti-aging bc I am not sure which is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by roach View Post
    Hey everyone. Im 21 years old and have sort of reached a plateau with my lifting. I don't use many supplements, just whey protein, glutamine, and creatine, but I would like to try a prescription testosterone booster. (I believe my T may be slightly low for a man as active as I am, but not unhealthily low and certainly no significant problems)

I got in touch with a nearby doctor who does a lot of hormone stuff, and I am scheduled for a "full panel" blood test. Depending on the results of this, he may or may not start prescribing me testosterone. He had ads in his office for Testim, so I think its pretty likely this is what he would prescribe. I am pretty new to the "anabolic scene" so I have a few questions I hope some of you can help with.

1) Any tips to temporarily lower my testosterone for this test? Only suggestions I have found so far are to stop eating, sleeping, and sex/masturbation a day or so before the test. There was also one weird suggetion about taking a birth control pill. Do these work? Any other ideas?

2) Is there even an accepted cut-off level for prescribing T or is it open to intepretation? I don't know how critical this guy is going to be about the results. He has prescribed me unnecessary pain medication in the past so I would guess he's gonna be pretty lax. Because of that, I would appreciate any relatively easy tips for temporarily lowering T but I won't be doing anything too extreme (if you tell me to soak my sack in ice water for 12 hours its probably not gonna happen).

3) Any reviews or feedback on using Testim (for bodybuilding, not aging problems)? I have tried searching around but haven't found a whole lot about it. Found a little bit more about Androgel, but even that was pretty scarce. Any suggestions for how to use it once I begin?

Thanks for any help. I'll be sure to let you all know how it works out, both with the doctor and with the Testim (assuming I get it).

Admin: I'm posting this under both Supplements and anti-aging bc I am not sure which is more appropriate.
    If you still have a time, see my list for good blood test, post #44

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...oodtest-2.html

I suggest that you change your mind set.
    Think that you want to have healthy body.

Remember with trully healthy body you will achieve max in your lifting.

-------------
    With couple of blood tests you can get only so far.
    Before you start taking any vitamins, minerals, etc
    do
    NutrEval
    and
    Complete Thyroid Panel

test at Genova Diagnostics.

That test will tell you how much and of what to take to provide your body with best supplements.

It is like what you already doing, except that it is highly personal, just what your body needs.

If you will actually do the Genova tests, then on blood test skip
    thyroid panel, vitamins and minerals.
    Do the blood test at Quest, blood drawn at Quest.
    -------------------
    You may want to read this:
    TESTOSTERONE NATION

many guys have low stomach acids, eat but assimilate a little of it.
    Try Betaine HCL w/ Pepsin
    see if you need it.

Also use Zinc Tally to figure out if you are low on zinc.

----------------------
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

If you wish to screw up your HPTA and require the life-long commitment of TRT at an early age you're on the right path.
    •   

I would recommend you don't mess around with stuff like roids because you are likely to have to go on trt. for the rest of your life. This part of the board isn't the place to come asking about roid like stuff. People here mostly have problems not by choice, and are trying to get better. Don't try and fake low T it will just cause problems for you and everyone around you. Work harder don't go for the easy way.
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

damn guys, maybe I came off a little stronger than I meant.

I am scheduled for a blood test, I was thinking I would like to mildly understate my testosterone to ensure that he prescribes Testim. I want a slight boost to muscle size and strength, and do think my testosterone may actually be in the low to middle range. I am going this way rather than illicitly buying and shooting anabolic steroids precisely because I do not wish to screw myself up.

I take it you guys are suggesting I should play it straight for the test instead? If prescribed, I would then share my results with the forum to hear some opinions on whether or not I should be using.

(I would also be willing to fake my doctor to make sure I get a script, but get indepdendent testing elsewhere in order to really see where I am at and make an informed decision about use. With this in mind, do any of you have tips for temporary lowering T and associated hormones?)

Or are you guys saying that no matter what a young person should never use any type of testosterone?
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

damn guys, maybe I came off a little stronger than I meant.

I am scheduled for a blood test, I was thinking I would like to mildly understate my testosterone to ensure that he prescribes Testim. I want a slight boost to muscle size and strength, and do think my testosterone may actually be in the low to middle range. I am going this way rather than illicitly buying and shooting anabolic steroids precisely because I do not wish to screw myself up.

I take it you guys are suggesting I should play it straight for the test instead? If prescribed, I would then share my results with the forum to hear some opinions on whether or not I should be using.

(I would also be willing to fake my doctor to make sure I get a script, but get indepdendent testing elsewhere in order to really see where I am at and make an informed decision about use. With this in mind, do any of you have tips for temporary lowering T and associated hormones?)

Or are you guys saying that no matter what a young person should never use any type of testosterone?
    You would have to have a legitimate problem to use testosterone at your age. Right now you should be at the top of your game. Testosterone will shut down your testes and compromise your HPTA. It takes around three good years of training and diet to build a body. Steroids may cut that time in half, but you'll still need to have your training, diet and sleep in check. Go for it if you're willing sport a pair a peanuts and an erection deficit.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What blood tests?
    By Luke667 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 06:46 AM
  2. blood tests
    By snakebyte05 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
  3. Which Blood tests to get done?
    By CROWLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21