Toco-8 Proven to Regrow Hair

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

As a sponsor of Anabolic Minds Id like to announce the release of our latest product – Toco-8.

Toco-8 is a powdered tocotrienol complex extracted from Palm Fruits (elaies guineensis) and has recently been patented for its effect on improving hair count by an average of 42% in men and women suffering from alopecia. Please see a quote directly from the human study –

"At the end of the supplementation period, all volunteers in the tocotrienol formulation group had positive results, recording an increase in the number of hairs in the evaluation area. Seven volunteers (64%) showed regrowth of between 10-35% while 3 volunteers (27%) had 50% or greater regrowth. One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4.+-.40.9% (mean.+- std. dev.)."

To read the full patent, please visit here -
Hair growth formulation - Google Patents

To learn more about Toco-8 visit us here –Toco-8

Thank you.

-Pp

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Eric.

Order ID: 4FB61A5F

-----------------------------------------
My hair is fine, it looks like you have got a great Vit E

Recently, at Genova Diagnostics I did test ONE.
It is a series of nutritional testing that comes with advice of what supplements to take.

Attachment Page #12 , whole test is on posts #28 & #29
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/77385-jansz-metabolic-analysis.html

I got this in vit e department:

Vit E & mixed tocopherols 400 IU/day

I am thinking that single dose of Toco-8 should do the job

What say you?

Would that be all I need in a way of Vit E?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is really peaking my interest, haven't had a full head of hair since middle school, If this stuff works I would be amazed.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you Eric.

Order ID: 4FB61A5F

-----------------------------------------
My hair is fine, it looks like you have got a great Vit E

Recently, at Genova Diagnostics I did test ONE.
It is a series of nutritional testing that comes with advice of what supplements to take.

Attachment Page #12 , whole test is on posts #28 & #29
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/77385-jansz-metabolic-analysis.html

I got this in vit e department:

Vit E & mixed tocopherols 400 IU/day

I am thinking that single dose of Toco-8 should do the job

What say you?

Would that be all I need in a way of Vit E?
JanSz,

How you been?

Yes, a double serving is the clinically effective hair regrowth dose. So the Toco-8 would last 30 days at that dose, and should be plenty of Vitamin-e to cover your needs.

-Pp

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

As a sponsor of Anabolic Minds Id like to announce the release of our latest product – Toco-8.

Toco-8 is a powdered tocotrienol complex extracted from Palm Fruits (elaies guineensis) and has recently been patented for its effect on improving hair count by an average of 42% in men and women suffering from alopecia. Please see a quote directly from the human study –

"At the end of the supplementation period, all volunteers in the tocotrienol formulation group had positive results, recording an increase in the number of hairs in the evaluation area. Seven volunteers (64%) showed regrowth of between 10-35% while 3 volunteers (27%) had 50% or greater regrowth. One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4.+-.40.9% (mean.+- std. dev.)."

To read the full patent, please visit here -
Hair growth formulation - Google Patents

To learn more about Toco-8 visit us here –Toco-8

Thank you.

-Pp

Have you done your own studies? What have they shown? The patent describes a sample population of 20 - which does not inspire much confidence.

That said, the Toco-8 seems to be priced better than any other formulation of Tocomin advertised on the web. So, as JanSz noted, it is at least a good product for somebody looking for a tocotrienol supplement.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Since this is for oral administration, I assume there are systemic benefits, not just for hair regrowth (something I don't need).

Would it be suitable as a general Vit E (tocopherol) replacement? I have other issues that I need E for (collagen in places where I don't want it).

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have you done your own studies? What have they shown? The patent describes a sample population of 20 - which does not inspire much confidence.

That said, the Toco-8 seems to be priced better than any other formulation of Tocomin advertised on the web. So, as JanSz noted, it is at least a good product for somebody looking for a tocotrienol supplement.

As we mentioned in another thread, we were so impressed with the manufactures professionalism, quality, history and clinical studies that we decided to get this product strait to the market. Plus there has been success with hair loss and other tocopherol products that have been patented. (topical I believe) We’ve wanted to offer a natural Vitamin E product for some time now, this hair loss effect was just an added benefit.

The systemic benefits are described in the product write up, such as improved LDL/HDL ration, atherogenic reversal, and improved LH/FSH production and testicular sensitivity.

-Pp

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
this product looks absolutely amazing! i can't wait to use this!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I will be trying this and taking photos. Won't be a full blown log but condensed review and afterthoughts!

Looking forward to this!

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Since this is for oral administration, I assume there are systemic benefits, not just for hair regrowth (something I don't need).

Would it be suitable as a general Vit E (tocopherol) replacement? I have other issues that I need E for (collagen in places where I don't want it).
Bump for response from Pp.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bump for response from Pp.
Opps, sorry. I made a response a couple posts up. ^

MW,

We aren’t working with any distributors yet. We are having trouble keeping it in stock ourselves right now…

-Pp

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Opps, sorry. I made a response a couple posts up. ^

MW,

We aren’t working with any distributors yet. We are having trouble keeping it in stock ourselves right now…

-Pp
From this place:
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6743448-description.html

I have learned that vit E is AI, aromatase Inhibitor.

I am taking Anastrozole, how to go about adjusting dose of Anastrozole while taking
single dose of Toco-8
double dose of Toco-8
===========================================

Any advice you have for shrinking enlarged prostate
or
reducing frequency of bathroom trips?

faustus

Awards
PP,

Phyto-test and toco-8 won't be available in NP?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The tocotrienols found in Toco-8 are super powerful anti-oxidants which have been proven to have powerful health benefits for the cardiovascular system. (2-8) Tocotrienols also play an important role in the synthesis of LH & FSH, which stimulate Testosterone production from the testes, while also increasing the testes Testosterone production capacity from LH & FSH stimulation. (9-11) Recently, this unique tocotrienol complex has been granted a US patent to prevent hair loss and promote hair regrowth in individuals suffering from alopecia. In the study, all individuals supplemented with the tocotrienol complex showed a positive result, with an average 42% increase in hair count after 5 months of treatment. (1) This is a much welcomed alternative to the popular hair loss drug Finasteride, a drug which reduces DHT and contributes to a host of side effects such as libido loss, gynecomastia, and depression. (12)
I am not doubting your claims bro, as this does seem to be an interesting product. However, saying that it is an alternative to Finesteride is a bit of stretch I think.

Genetic Male Pattern Baldness is influenced by many factors, a major one (at least according to current research) being the hair follicle cell's receptor sensitivity to DHT. For many men, Finasteride is a viable and relatively safe way to control the levels of DHT in the body, and in combination with a hair growth stimulant like Minoxidil or Low Level Laser therapy is a proven, FDA approved method for attempting to keep hairloss at bay.

The side effects mentioned on your site for Finasteride are indeed real, but are often exaggerated. Less than 1% of men who use Finasteride end up experiencing side effects greater than a placebo control group after 2-4 years of continuous use:

Proscar side effects (Finasteride) and drug interactions - prescription drugs and medications at RxList

From the patent application for the components of Toco-8:

Nineteen patients (14 men and 5 women) entered the study and completed at least the first 5 months of therapy. Their ages ranged from 23 to 59 years. The mean duration of current alopecia episode was approximately 5 years. The extent of alopecia was as follows: less than 25%, 6 patients; 25 49%, 8 patients; 50 74%, 4 patients; 75 99%, 1 patient.

Eleven volunteers were randomized to receive the tocotrienol formulation supplementation while 8 volunteers were in the placebo group. Comparability of the treatment groups with respect to initial hair counts as well as the weight of hair was assessed. No statistically significant difference between treatment groups was detected for any of the above characteristics.

At the end of the supplementation period, all volunteers in the tocotrienol formulation group had positive results, recording an increase in the number of hairs in the evaluation area. Seven volunteers (64%) showed regrowth of between 10 35% while 3 volunteers (27%) had 50% or greater regrowth. One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4±40.9% (mean±SD). (Table 1 and FIG. 1). The increase is statistically significant (p<0.05) when analyzed using paired sample t-test. On the other hand, of the total eight volunteers in the placebo group, two showed hair regrowth, two had hair loss while the other four did not show any significant changes in the number of hairs. The mean percentage of increase was 1.4±13.8%. No statistically significant difference (p>0.05) in the number of hairs was detected between baseline and post-supplementation, thus indicating that the placebo effect did not occur during this study.
A study of 19 people over 5 months is hardly proof that a product is an effective hair regrowth agent. It's compelling that all of the people in the test group showed positive results however:

-the study doesnt mention what type of Alopecia each patient was suffering from. Were all the patients in the placebo group suffering from Androgenic Alpecia, while those in the test group dealing with Tellogen Effluvium due to a stress reaction? From the study described in the patent, we can't tell.

-While 5 months is usually long enough to tell if a product is effective at regrowing hair, it takes years of analysis to prove if a product is a real treatment for Androgenic Alopecia.

-Which patients were in which group? Were all 6 patients with less than 25% hairloss in the test group, and the nearly bald people in the control group? Although unlikely, a scenario like this would have a very skewed impact on the results of the study, as Andorgenic Alopecia becomes harder to treat as a person gets older and as symptoms progress.

Also, the Primordial Perfomance site states that Toco 8 also has a positive effect on testosterone production. While this is indeed a great aspect of the product, if Toco-8 does not turn out to be a genuine treatment for hairloss - it may actually be worse for the hairlines for those dealing with Androgenic Alopecia, as the increase in testosterone will also result in an increase in DHT! If someone were to discontinue Finasteride based on the claims that Toco 8 was a viable alternative, and it did not end up being a cure-all for Androgenic Alopecia, they would be in for somewhat of a shock if the testosterone boosting qualities of the product worked, and the hair loss prevention aspects did not.

I think Primordial Perfomance makes solid products, and Toco 8 certainly looks interesting. It very well may help with MPB symptoms - but from the study described in the patent application it isnt any more proven to do so than the myriad of other nutriceuticals in the US Patent Database that claim to regrow hair and are sadly ineffective for most of the people who try them.

Again bro - not an attack on what appears to be at the very least a very solid and cost effect anti-oxidant supplement. I only wanted to bring the above to light because for those men and women afflicted with genetic Alopecia, anything that even looks like it might help is reason enough for excitement. Excitement that is often met with disappointment when a product fails to work as promised, as so many of them do.

BV

rick055

Awards
  • Established
BV,

Is it possible that there is some mechanism by which a *powerful* antioxidant (which toco-8 appears to be) could somehow protect the follicle against DHT?

I understand your DHT argument, and toco-8 does not appear to be a DHT inhibitor, but couldn't it possibly protect against it somehow?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I am not doubting your claims bro, as this does seem to be an interesting product. However, saying that it is an alternative to Finesteride is a bit of stretch I think.

Genetic Male Pattern Baldness is influenced by many factors, a major one (at least according to current research) being the hair follicle cell's receptor sensitivity to DHT. For many men, Finasteride is a viable and relatively safe way to control the levels of DHT in the body, and in combination with a hair growth stimulant like Minoxidil or Low Level Laser therapy is a proven, FDA approved method for attempting to keep hairloss at bay.

The side effects mentioned on your site for Finasteride are indeed real, but are often exaggerated. Less than 1% of men who use Finasteride end up experiencing side effects greater than a placebo control group after 2-4 years of continuous use:

Proscar side effects (Finasteride) and drug interactions - prescription drugs and medications at RxList

From the patent application for the components of Toco-8:

A study of 19 people over 5 months is hardly proof that a product is an effective hair regrowth agent. It's compelling that all of the people in the test group showed positive results however:

-the study doesnt mention what type of Alopecia each patient was suffering from. Were all the patients in the placebo group suffering from Androgenic Alpecia, while those in the test group dealing with Tellogen Effluvium due to a stress reaction? From the study described in the patent, we can't tell.

-While 5 months is usually long enough to tell if a product is effective at regrowing hair, it takes years of analysis to prove if a product is a real treatment for Androgenic Alopecia.

-Which patients were in which group? Were all 6 patients with less than 25% hairloss in the test group, and the nearly bald people in the control group? Although unlikely, a scenario like this would have a very skewed impact on the results of the study, as Andorgenic Alopecia becomes harder to treat as a person gets older and as symptoms progress.

Also, the Primordial Perfomance site states that Toco 8 also has a positive effect on testosterone production. While this is indeed a great aspect of the product, if Toco-8 does not turn out to be a genuine treatment for hairloss - it may actually be worse for the hairlines for those dealing with Androgenic Alopecia, as the increase in testosterone will also result in an increase in DHT! If someone were to discontinue Finasteride based on the claims that Toco 8 was a viable alternative, and it did not end up being a cure-all for Androgenic Alopecia, they would be in for somewhat of a shock if the testosterone boosting qualities of the product worked, and the hair loss prevention aspects did not.

I think Primordial Perfomance makes solid products, and Toco 8 certainly looks interesting. It very well may help with MPB symptoms - but from the study described in the patent application it isnt any more proven to do so than the myriad of other nutriceuticals in the US Patent Database that claim to regrow hair and are sadly ineffective for most of the people who try them.

Again bro - not an attack on what appears to be at the very least a very solid and cost effect anti-oxidant supplement. I only wanted to bring the above to light because for those men and women afflicted with genetic Alopecia, anything that even looks like it might help is reason enough for excitement. Excitement that is often met with disappointment when a product fails to work as promised, as so many of them do.

BV

What a pleasure . . . the light of reason.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Again bro - not an attack on what appears to be at the very least a very solid and cost effect anti-oxidant supplement. BV
Speaking of Toco-8 just as a source of good vit E

do you know of better vitE ?

Is there any thruth that vitE acts as Aromatase Inhibitor?

If so, someone who would (finally) got good supply of vitE,
should adjust his AI.

Some details here would be helpfull.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
JanSz,

Where did you get the info that Vit E is an AI?

BigVrunga,

Your post was a fair and logical assessment, but I would like to make a comment on a couple points.

The study didn’t examine the cause of the hair loss, but it did show a positive response in ALL subjects, showing that the mechanism must be something that could be of help to anyone with a hair loss issue. Our product write up doesn’t mean to imply that Toco-8 is more effective, or just as effective as finasteride, rather that our product is a ‘natural & safe’ treatment for hair loss that would at least stop progressing hair loss, and likely promote regrowth.

IMO, the side effects are greatly understated with Finasteride. I get emails everyday from men who have used this drug and now have severe issues of ED, gyno, increased body fat, and/or depression. I would not consider this a “relatively safe” drug by any means. I suppose we can agree to disagree.

Perhaps those with androgenic alopecia would best be served to use Toco-8 as an adjunct to their finasteride therapy. (long as the side effects from the drug are acceptable to them. Most men I speak to have a hard time determining what’s more important – erections, or a full head of hair)

As far as Toco-8 boosting T so much as to significantly increase DHT to counter the positive effects on Toco-8 for hair loss is very farfetched IMO. If this where the case, we wouldn’t have seen an improvement in all individuals in the study. Besides, the positive effect of Toco-8 on the T levels would be considered mild in most. (unless they are deficient in Vit E)

-Pp

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BV,

Is it possible that there is some mechanism by which a *powerful* antioxidant (which toco-8 appears to be) could somehow protect the follicle against DHT?

I understand your DHT argument, and toco-8 does not appear to be a DHT inhibitor, but couldn't it possibly protect against it somehow?
No idea bro - anti oxidants can do wonderful things...if the ingredients of Toco-8 are indeed helping to alleviate the symptoms of MPB then that could be a factor. Clearly more research needs to be done.

The study didn’t examine the cause of the hair loss, but it did show a positive response in ALL subjects, showing that the mechanism must be something that could be of help to anyone with a hair loss issue. Our product write up doesn’t mean to imply that Toco-8 is more effective, or just as effective as finasteride, rather that our product is a ‘natural & safe’ treatment for hair loss that would at least stop progressing hair loss, and likely promote regrowth.
Understood - I wanted to bring it up though because the PP website claims Toco-8 as an 'alternative' to Finasteride, and that its hairloss prevention benefits are proven.

Like I was saying - it's not that it doesnt look promising, but I dont think its fair to make those claims when we dont really know the mechanism of action and there really hasn't been extensive testing to show without a doubt that the components of Toco-8 are an effective hair regrowth treatment.

It's certainly interesting that all subjects in the test group showed a positive response - but without a more extensive test or knowing what type of Alopecia they had, you could just as easily chalk that up to a natural anagen phase, or a removal of factors that caused the hair loss in the first place (if it wasnt genetic, etc).

IMO, the side effects are greatly understated with Finasteride. I get emails everyday from men who have used this drug and now have severe issues of ED, gyno, increased body fat, and/or depression. I would not consider this a “relatively safe” drug by any means. I suppose we can agree to disagree.
Personally, I use Finasteride (~.5mg/day) and have experienced no real side effects that didnt subside after a few weeks of consistent use. (decreased ejaculate to be specific) Just based on what Ive read about how the drug works someone would have to be extreemly sensitive to fluctuations in DHT and estrogen to have severe issues. I know this is true for some, but most studies put this at ~1% of users.

Finasteride's most serious side effect, and one that everyone that uses it should be aware of, is that it can cause birth defects in male fetuses if a pregnant woman comes in contact with it. That's serious business right there...

Its a synthetic chemical, and I would of course rather have a natural alternative, but the closest compound that I know of that would qualify would probably be high doses of Saw Palmetto, as it also inhbits DHT conversion. (and may have the same lineup of side effects)

As far as Toco-8 boosting T so much as to significantly increase DHT to counter the positive effects on Toco-8 for hair loss is very farfetched IMO. If this where the case, we wouldn’t have seen an improvement in all individuals in the study. Besides, the positive effect of Toco-8 on the T levels would be considered mild in most. (unless they are deficient in Vit E)
It would be an unlikely scenario for sure - but you never know. Some guys are so sensitive to DHT that even a natural test booster like Alpha Drive can have a negative impact on the hairline...in all honestly I highly doubt Toco-8 would have this effect.

Perhaps those with androgenic alopecia would best be served to use Toco-8 as an adjunct to their finasteride therapy. (long as the side effects from the drug are acceptable to them. Most men I speak to have a hard time determining what’s more important – erections, or a full head of hair)
I think it looks like an attractive addition to any hairloss prevention stack, as keeping in good health is the 1st step in creating the ideal conditions for hair growth. It's anti-oxidant qualities should make it a good supplement for that purpose at the very least.

I would certainly like to see a more extensive study done with the product regarding its possible hair regrowth benefits.

BV

rick055

Awards
  • Established
BV-

How much beta-sisterol/saw palmetto do you think one needs to drop DHT a little?

I monitor my blood work every 3 months, so I can get a decent idea.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BV-

How much beta-sisterol/saw palmetto do you think one needs to drop DHT a little?

I monitor my blood work every 3 months, so I can get a decent idea.
Im not sure man - I know its a good amount of the standardized extract but I havent used it in quite some time. You have to be careful with Saw Palmetto, because it does other stuff other than just lower DHT.

Ive read a study on PubMed that says both Saw Palmetto and Finasteride function similarly when lowering DHT in the prostate:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11337315

But at the same time, Saw Palmetto has never really been tested as a hair loss treatment like Finasteride has. And, at doses where it can inhibit DHT, it carries a very similar side effect profile as Finasteride, including being dangerous for pregnant/lactating women:

http://www.regrowhair.com/non-surgical-hair-loss-treatments/saw-palmetto-for-hair-loss/

Just because its natural - its still a chemical you know? We need to exercise the same caution when putting either into the body...

BTW how are you setup to get your bloodwork done every 3 months? That's something Id like to start doing myself...

BV

rick055

Awards
  • Established
BTW how are you setup to get your bloodwork done every 3 months? That's something Id like to start doing myself...

BV
Straight through my doctor as I am on TRT. But you should be able to do it yourself using places like LEF and ordering your own tests.

Thanks for the heads up on saw palmetto.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
What happens when you stop using the product?

Does the 'new' hair fall out like with the rest?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
What happens when you stop using the product?

Does the 'new' hair fall out like with the rest?
Although I don't think anyone can answer that question definitively, I would have to think so.

Same is true for rogaine and propecia.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Although I don't think anyone can answer that question definitively, I would have to think so.

Same is true for rogaine and propecia.
To fix the problem you have to find the cause, I would think that if the hair root is not receiving enough nutrients, vitamins or minerals then a good multivitamin, throrough daily scalp massage as well as making sure your DHT is under the control and pores are free / clear of debris.

:goodpost: :D:type:

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
There was a mention of a topical tocotrienol product.

Does the topical version work better than the oral supplement?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There was a mention of a topical tocotrienol product.

Does the topical version work better than the oral supplement?
I bet there are some cosmetics on the market that have a very low trace dose of tocotrienols... probably not enough for much benefit though. I commented on the topical tocotrienol because I thought I remember reading a reference to it in the patent (to another companies patent), but it could have just been topical tocopherols.

Rick,

You dont like the smooth taste of the Toco?

-Pp

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
You dont like the smooth taste of the Toco?

-Pp
I must say I don't have the steadiest of hands and so sometimes I spill some on the counter then do the whole cocaine thing of dabbing my finger and rubbing it on my gums....

By the way nine out of ten bald cokeheads recommend Toco-8 just so you know :p Here's one user who was bald before her cycle of Toco-8, That's right it brings back those full luscious 80's do's

:ntome:

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I must say I don't have the steadiest of hands and so sometimes I spill some on the counter then do the whole cocaine thing of dabbing my finger and rubbing it on my gums....

By the way nine out of ten bald cokeheads recommend Toco-8 just so you know :p Here's one user who was bald before her cycle of Toco-8, That's right it brings back those full luscious 80's do's

:ntome:
ROFL!!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For those waiting, weve got Toco-8 well stocked now.

-Pp

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
In response to BigVrunga..

AI's can have a beneficial effect on DHT, not a negative one.

As men age they tend to produce more estrogen by means of increased aromatase. This lowers their testosterone levels, reducing libido and muscularity. However the body usually responds by making more DHT, via more 5-AR to control the effects of increased estrogen.

Take a look at a lot of blood tests by men before HRT. They almost always have very high DHT, and afterwards they have normal DHT. This does not make sense according to your theory. In realty, when the estrogen gets reduced, the body produces less 5-AR because estrogen is under control. Testosterone levels rise but DHT is reduced.

There is an article on this subject I will try and find on the net.

rick055

Awards
  • Established

As men age they tend to produce more estrogen by means of increased aromatase. This lowers their testosterone levels, reducing libido and muscularity. However the body usually responds by making more DHT, via more 5-AR to control the effects of increased estrogen.

Take a look at a lot of blood tests by men before HRT. They almost always have very high DHT, and afterwards they have normal DHT. This does not make sense according to your theory. In realty, when the estrogen gets reduced, the body produces less 5-AR because estrogen is under control. Testosterone levels rise but DHT is reduced.

Please do.

I have heard something like this but when I asked others, their response was "no, lowering E would probably raise DHT" i.e., since DHT is suppressive of E, there's always an inverse relationship between the two.

I head heard what you stated: that by lowering E , the body would compensate by lowering DHT.

Incidentally (and not to hijack the thread), my pre-TRT labs were low T, mid/high normal E, and over top of range DHT.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

That makes perfect sense - low test due to the body trying to convert more of it to DHT to balance out estrogen...

It's a delicate balance though - if you already have normal test/DHT/estrogen levels and you take an AI, the increase in test could lead to an increase in DHT induced hairloss. Lots of guys experience hairloss when taking potent AI's like ATD, 6-bromo, etc.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What products control DHT?
There are products that can control systemically and topically.
For systemic 5AR inhibitors, which control DHT by blocking the conversion of test to DHT via the 5-alpha aromatase enzyme, Finasteride and Dutasteride are perhaps the most common.

Dutasteride is much more potent than Finasteride, but also has a much longer halflife and blocks nearly 90% of the DHT produced by the body by inhibiting both Type I and Type II 5AR. Finasteride only blocks Type II 5AR, and after sustained use the body's DHT production is diminished by about 60-70%.

Saw Palmetto extract has also been shown to inhibit DHT activity in the prostate (nearly as well as Finasteride in high enough doses), and may help alleviate the symptoms of MPB as well.

These products may also be applied topically, however their effectiveness via this method of application has not be studied at any great length, so reports of success are often anecdotal.

Compounds which do seem to be effective at topical DHT inhibition include Azelaic Acid, Ketoconozole, Spironolactone, and Fluridil(Eucapil).

I'm sure there are others, but the compounds mentioned above seem to be the most heavily researched and used from all that I've read.

BV

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Wow I totally knew the answer to that, I must have had a brain fart! :D

Thanks BV. I have finasteride here but not using it after the horror stories.

Much Love,

Neoborn

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks BV. I have finasteride here but not using it after the horror stories.
They are vastly overstated. I use Finasteride every day, with no issues. Comb through the Hair Loss Prevention thread - a lot of others do as well.

Look at it this way - while being FDA approved doesnt necessarily mean its a safe product, it does mean its undergone much more testing on humans that your typical fly by night hair loss remedy.

Finasteride is FDA approved to treat MPB, its used by 1000's of men to combat BPH at 5x the dose you'd use it to control DHT for hair loss related problems.

Yes, some people do experience side effects. Some people grow boobs from using test too...

BV

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Bump for more info on Tocomin in regard to hair loss specifically...

I have ZERO doubt that this is THE premier source for E supplementation. I'm not really sold on these hair loss claims though. It is a pretty bold marketing campaign.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bump for more info on Tocomin in regard to hair loss specifically...

I have ZERO doubt that this is THE premier source for E supplementation. I'm not really sold on these hair loss claims though. It is a pretty bold marketing campaign.
As it was discussed in this thread, Toco-8 may not be an absolute substitute for finesteride, but being that it works by a totally different mechanism, it could definitely be a worthy addition to any hair loss protocol.

On a side note, customers that started the product upon its release last month are already reporting less fall out…

-Pp

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
As it was discussed in this thread, Toco-8 may not be an absolute substitute for finesteride, but being that it works by a totally different mechanism, it could definitely be a worthy addition to any hair loss protocol.

On a side note, customers that started the product upon its release last month are already reporting less fall out…

-Pp
Any studies or anything other than the one cited in your promo?

Dont get me wrong, Im not attacking your product. Im genuinely interested... but skeptical.