HCG Substitutions - CANNOT Get HCG In This State - AnabolicMinds.com

HCG Substitutions - CANNOT Get HCG In This State

  1. Maestro
    Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    202

    Reputation

    HCG Substitutions - CANNOT Get HCG In This State


    Well...

    I moved to Hawaii...

    I've tried to get HCG from Costco (no probs in CA), Walmart, Safeway and Riteaid....

    All have the same story - They cannot get any from their wholesale supplier. No, they are not able to use another supplier from the mainland instead. No, there's no way they can get me my HCG.

    I've been flying back and forth to the mainland and getting fresh HCG for the past few months, and my last trip back to the mainland for a year is in just a couple of days.

    Solutions? Ideas? Suggestions?

    I want to stay on the legal side of the law if possible. I've asked several pharmacists and my doctors for alternatives and they're all drawing blanks.

    -Blesum

  2. New Member
    anyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    290

    Reputation

    What about mail order? Also, with a proper prescription (m)


    Dr John Crisler sells it, if memory serves. All you need is a valid 'scrip. Mail can do the rest.
  3. Maestro
    Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    202

    Reputation

    Thanks for that tip. I was hoping to get it done through my insurance, and that means getting it here in Hawaii although tonight I found out that a vial of testo cyp will cost me $129.99 because my new insurance carrier won't cover this... or armidex...

    Maybe 'roid rage isn't a myth after all... I'm certainly feeling something right now. Although it's probably more along PMS since I've been out of armidex for 3 weeks now.

    Don't move to Hawaii if you're on HRT. Terrible state.

    -Blesum
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    i never knew this.
  5. Senior Member
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    642

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Blesum View Post
    Thanks for that tip. I was hoping to get it done through my insurance, and that means getting it here in Hawaii although tonight I found out that a vial of testo cyp will cost me $129.99 because my new insurance carrier won't cover this... or armidex...

    Maybe 'roid rage isn't a myth after all... I'm certainly feeling something right now. Although it's probably more along PMS since I've been out of armidex for 3 weeks now.

    Don't move to Hawaii if you're on HRT. Terrible state.

    -Blesum

    Ive never been able to have insurance pick up HCG, so lucky for you there at least. I go through ivfcare, an online source that is one of the few carrying HCG right now since the whole shortage/backup started. They have APP for like 30 bucks, I picked up 3 bottles and they also send syringes, alcohol wipes the whole deal and did it overnight automatically for about a 100 bucks. Very good deal.

    As for the cyp, look to get generic or compounded if insurance won't foot the bill. Also, def. appeal and fight it first, often ends up working (although never did for hcg for me, but other things).
  6. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    334

    Reputation

    According to a reliable source of info, HCG is being used in new lab tests, so it is now being marketed by some research supply labs legally.

    bb
  7. New Member
    phatkid77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    314

    Reputation

    i guess u guys arent interested in my photos ofr 12 boxes of 10000iu i just picked up....canada eh....

    why wont insurance cover HCG, it is indicated in hypogonadal men?

    phats
  8. New Member
    azr101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    144

    Reputation

    Who said no one was interested?
  9. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    Dr John Crisler sells it, if memory serves. All you need is a valid 'scrip. Mail can do the rest.
    He does indeed, but one would need to become a legitimate patient of the practice before getting prescription meds, which would mean traveling to MI to meet with him.

    Might be prohibitive from HI.
  10. New Member
    anyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    290

    Reputation

    Are you sure?


    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    He does indeed, but one would need to become a legitimate patient of the practice before getting prescription meds, which would mean traveling to MI to meet with him.

    Might be prohibitive from HI.
    I thought that he would sell to a person with a valid scrip. I could be wrong......
  11. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    334

    Reputation

    Guys I will be nice and say this one more time. HCG is being sold legally on research supply sites w/o a prescription. HCG has been recently used in some lab research applications and therefore has been re-classified by the FDA I believe. Therefore you can obtain legally for research purposes if you look around.
  12. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    I thought that he would sell to a person with a valid scrip. I could be wrong......
    I'm not 100% sure.

    But if someone already had a valid script, couldn't they just send it to a pharmacy directly? If it's a legit script, I think even a controlled substance (which I just found out hCG is) should not be a problem.

    I asked my pharmacy (RITE AID) about it and they said as long as the Dr. sent the actual prescription paper it would be no problem.

    Shipping to a different state might be different, though.

    Maybe a call to a pharmacy like Walgreen's could figure it out. They will know their laws inside & out, I imagine.
  13. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
    i guess u guys arent interested in my photos ofr 12 boxes of 10000iu i just picked up....canada eh....

    why wont insurance cover HCG, it is indicated in hypogonadal men?

    phats
    Insurance companies use the excuse that it is meant for fertility, and in the USA they do not support fertility. Infertility is cheaper for them.
  14. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Insurance companies use the excuse that it is meant for fertility, and in the USA they do not support fertility. Infertility is cheaper for them.

    Some have challenged that denial and won because the package insert specifically says it can be used to treat hypogonadism.


    However, hCG is relatively inexpensive, so that even if you can't get your carrier to cover it, it isn't that big a deal.
  15. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    128

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Some have challenged that denial and won because the package insert specifically says it can be used to treat hypogonadism.


    However, hCG is relatively inexpensive, so that even if you can't get your carrier to cover it, it isn't that big a deal.
    If used in accordance with the package (30 days - Novarel) it costs $600-700 a year. Test Cyp is much cheaper.
  16. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1041

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu View Post
    Guys I will be nice and say this one more time. HCG is being sold legally on research supply sites w/o a prescription. HCG has been recently used in some lab research applications and therefore has been re-classified by the FDA I believe. Therefore you can obtain legally for research purposes if you look around.
    HCG is considered an anabolic here in CO and therefore is a felony for possession (without a script). I've never seen HCG on a research chem site, at least at the 'usual ones'.
  17. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    I called my local pharmacy and they said they could get a generic hCG, 5,000 iu vial for about 50.00.

    That would save some money, huh?
  18. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    If used in accordance with the package (30 days - Novarel) it costs $600-700 a year. Test Cyp is much cheaper.

    T cyp and hCG are not really interchangeable.

    A few men, in early middle age (late 30's -early 40's) with relatively relatively mild T deficits (400-500), are candidates for hCG monotherpay. It is a disappointment to most.

    hCG is most useful as an adjunct to TRT. 600-700/year is pretty high - I would think 400-500 would be more like it.
  19. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I called my local pharmacy and they said they could get a generic hCG, 5,000 iu vial for about 50.00.

    That would save some money, huh?
    It seems like a lot for 5000IU of generic. But since it's in short supply may be you should take it. A bird in hand . . . .
  20. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    T
    A few men, in early middle age (late 30's -early 40's) with relatively relatively mild T deficits (400-500), are candidates for hCG monotherpay. It is a disappointment to most.
    CP,

    I have never heard it put quite that way before.

    In your opinion, if you were in early middle age with a total T of 340, would you pretty much just consider TRT off the bat?

    It's what I did only because I had heard the same thing about hCG, and my #s weren't even 400, (and I had many classic symptoms). But I had never heard the 400-500 range as an "indicator", and I sometimes second guess myself.
  21. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    CP,

    I have never heard it put quite that way before.

    In your opinion, if you were in early middle age with a total T of 340, would you pretty much just consider TRT off the bat?

    It's what I did only because I had heard the same thing about hCG, and my #s weren't even 400, (and I had many classic symptoms). But I had never heard the 400-500 range as an "indicator", and I sometimes second guess myself.

    It's so hard to say. If you were in your late 30's - early 40's and you were secondary, hCG might have been worth a trial.


    It depends on your target also. There is an informal benchmark that is commonly tossed around on these boards that optimally, one would like their T no's. in the upper third of the reference range. It would be unlikely that anyone could achieve that using hCG.

    I don't necessarily agree with that benchmark. I think optimal T level has to be individualized. Some may feel great at 500 TT, others may need 1000TT.
    Last edited by cpeil2; 12-21-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Add content
  22. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    It's so hard to say. If you were in your late 30's - early 40's and you were secondary, hCG might have been worth a trial.


    It depends on your target also. There is an informal benchmark that is commonly tossed around on these boards that optimally, one would like their T no's. in the upper third of the reference range. It would be unlikely that anyone could achieve that using hCG.

    I don't necessarily agree with that benchmark. I think optimal T level has to be individualized. Some may feel great at 500 TT, others may need 1000TT.
    I am late 30's and definitely primary. Surgically corrected undescended T (at 10 y/o) which is half the volume of the other.
    LH/FSH normal.
  23. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    duplicate
    Last edited by rick055; 12-21-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: duplicate post
  24. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I am late 30's and definitely primary. Surgically corrected undescended T (at 10 y/o) which is half the volume of the other.
    LH/FSH normal.

    I wouldn't try to hard to second-guess yourself. You and your doc made a treatment decision. Time will tell whether it was the right one. If it wasn't, then you can rethink your approach.
  25. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    128

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    T cyp and hCG are not really interchangeable.

    A few men, in early middle age (late 30's -early 40's) with relatively relatively mild T deficits (400-500), are candidates for hCG monotherpay. It is a disappointment to most.

    hCG is most useful as an adjunct to TRT. 600-700/year is pretty high - I would think 400-500 would be more like it.

    I wasn't trying to compare them as alternatives for TRT, because as you say they aren't. They are compliments to each other. However, yearly costs of HCG far exceed those of test cyp.

    The HCG I buy from Walgreens (Novarel) is $55 a pop. Since it lasts 1 month the yearly costs are $660. How are you getting HCG for $400-500 a year?
  26. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    I wasn't trying to compare them as alternatives for TRT, because as you say they aren't. They are compliments to each other. However, yearly costs of HCG far exceed those of test cyp.

    The HCG I buy from Walgreens (Novarel) is $55 a pop. Since it lasts 1 month the yearly costs are $660. How are you getting HCG for $400-500 a year?

    Even using Novarel, you should be able to get it for less than $55.00. When I used hCG, I had a good result from the APP.

    Not everyone does and they insist on Novarel. The going price for APP is about $40, but I think if you check around, you can it for quite a bit less.

    The package insert for APP says that it is good for 60 days after reconstituting.


    I guess it depends partly on perspective, too. To me, even $55.00/mo is not a lot. I pay for all of this stuff OOP, and if I had to, I would pay the $55.00 and be happy.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. First cycle after getting back in the states
    By Zoomie33240 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
  2. HCG dosing schedule? Has everyone seen this?
    By mmorpheuss in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 09:44 PM
  3. What to do if you cant get HCG?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 11:40 AM
  4. Using PHs/AAS in depleted state: thoughts on this...
    By Lakevillethor in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 12:22 AM
  5. HCG substitute?
    By underdog in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in