HCG Substitutions - CANNOT Get HCG In This State

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Well...

I moved to Hawaii...

I've tried to get HCG from Costco (no probs in CA), Walmart, Safeway and Riteaid....

All have the same story - They cannot get any from their wholesale supplier. No, they are not able to use another supplier from the mainland instead. No, there's no way they can get me my HCG.

I've been flying back and forth to the mainland and getting fresh HCG for the past few months, and my last trip back to the mainland for a year is in just a couple of days.

Solutions? Ideas? Suggestions?

I want to stay on the legal side of the law if possible. I've asked several pharmacists and my doctors for alternatives and they're all drawing blanks. :rant::confused:

-Blesum

anyman

Awards
  • Established
What about mail order? Also, with a proper prescription (m)

Dr John Crisler sells it, if memory serves. All you need is a valid 'scrip. Mail can do the rest.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Thanks for that tip. I was hoping to get it done through my insurance, and that means getting it here in Hawaii although tonight I found out that a vial of testo cyp will cost me $129.99 because my new insurance carrier won't cover this... or armidex...

Maybe 'roid rage isn't a myth after all... I'm certainly feeling something right now. Although it's probably more along PMS since I've been out of armidex for 3 weeks now. :blink:

Don't move to Hawaii if you're on HRT. Terrible state.:rant:

-Blesum

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that tip. I was hoping to get it done through my insurance, and that means getting it here in Hawaii although tonight I found out that a vial of testo cyp will cost me $129.99 because my new insurance carrier won't cover this... or armidex...

Maybe 'roid rage isn't a myth after all... I'm certainly feeling something right now. Although it's probably more along PMS since I've been out of armidex for 3 weeks now. :blink:

Don't move to Hawaii if you're on HRT. Terrible state.:rant:

-Blesum

Ive never been able to have insurance pick up HCG, so lucky for you there at least. I go through ivfcare, an online source that is one of the few carrying HCG right now since the whole shortage/backup started. They have APP for like 30 bucks, I picked up 3 bottles and they also send syringes, alcohol wipes the whole deal and did it overnight automatically for about a 100 bucks. Very good deal.

As for the cyp, look to get generic or compounded if insurance won't foot the bill. Also, def. appeal and fight it first, often ends up working (although never did for hcg for me, but other things).

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
According to a reliable source of info, HCG is being used in new lab tests, so it is now being marketed by some research supply labs legally.

bb

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
i guess u guys arent interested in my photos ofr 12 boxes of 10000iu i just picked up....canada eh....

why wont insurance cover HCG, it is indicated in hypogonadal men?

phats

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Dr John Crisler sells it, if memory serves. All you need is a valid 'scrip. Mail can do the rest.
He does indeed, but one would need to become a legitimate patient of the practice before getting prescription meds, which would mean traveling to MI to meet with him.

Might be prohibitive from HI.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure?

He does indeed, but one would need to become a legitimate patient of the practice before getting prescription meds, which would mean traveling to MI to meet with him.

Might be prohibitive from HI.
I thought that he would sell to a person with a valid scrip. I could be wrong......

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Guys I will be nice and say this one more time. HCG is being sold legally on research supply sites w/o a prescription. HCG has been recently used in some lab research applications and therefore has been re-classified by the FDA I believe. Therefore you can obtain legally for research purposes if you look around.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I thought that he would sell to a person with a valid scrip. I could be wrong......
I'm not 100% sure.

But if someone already had a valid script, couldn't they just send it to a pharmacy directly? If it's a legit script, I think even a controlled substance (which I just found out hCG is) should not be a problem.

I asked my pharmacy (RITE AID) about it and they said as long as the Dr. sent the actual prescription paper it would be no problem.

Shipping to a different state might be different, though.

Maybe a call to a pharmacy like Walgreen's could figure it out. They will know their laws inside & out, I imagine.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
i guess u guys arent interested in my photos ofr 12 boxes of 10000iu i just picked up....canada eh....

why wont insurance cover HCG, it is indicated in hypogonadal men?

phats
Insurance companies use the excuse that it is meant for fertility, and in the USA they do not support fertility. Infertility is cheaper for them.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Insurance companies use the excuse that it is meant for fertility, and in the USA they do not support fertility. Infertility is cheaper for them.

Some have challenged that denial and won because the package insert specifically says it can be used to treat hypogonadism.

However, hCG is relatively inexpensive, so that even if you can't get your carrier to cover it, it isn't that big a deal.

rightship3

Awards
Some have challenged that denial and won because the package insert specifically says it can be used to treat hypogonadism.

However, hCG is relatively inexpensive, so that even if you can't get your carrier to cover it, it isn't that big a deal.
If used in accordance with the package (30 days - Novarel) it costs $600-700 a year. Test Cyp is much cheaper.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Guys I will be nice and say this one more time. HCG is being sold legally on research supply sites w/o a prescription. HCG has been recently used in some lab research applications and therefore has been re-classified by the FDA I believe. Therefore you can obtain legally for research purposes if you look around.
HCG is considered an anabolic here in CO and therefore is a felony for possession (without a script). I've never seen HCG on a research chem site, at least at the 'usual ones'.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I called my local pharmacy and they said they could get a generic hCG, 5,000 iu vial for about 50.00.

That would save some money, huh?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
If used in accordance with the package (30 days - Novarel) it costs $600-700 a year. Test Cyp is much cheaper.

T cyp and hCG are not really interchangeable.

A few men, in early middle age (late 30's -early 40's) with relatively relatively mild T deficits (400-500), are candidates for hCG monotherpay. It is a disappointment to most.

hCG is most useful as an adjunct to TRT. 600-700/year is pretty high - I would think 400-500 would be more like it.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I called my local pharmacy and they said they could get a generic hCG, 5,000 iu vial for about 50.00.

That would save some money, huh?
It seems like a lot for 5000IU of generic. But since it's in short supply may be you should take it. A bird in hand . . . .

rick055

Awards
  • Established
T
A few men, in early middle age (late 30's -early 40's) with relatively relatively mild T deficits (400-500), are candidates for hCG monotherpay. It is a disappointment to most.
CP,

I have never heard it put quite that way before.

In your opinion, if you were in early middle age with a total T of 340, would you pretty much just consider TRT off the bat?

It's what I did only because I had heard the same thing about hCG, and my #s weren't even 400, (and I had many classic symptoms). But I had never heard the 400-500 range as an "indicator", and I sometimes second guess myself.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
CP,

I have never heard it put quite that way before.

In your opinion, if you were in early middle age with a total T of 340, would you pretty much just consider TRT off the bat?

It's what I did only because I had heard the same thing about hCG, and my #s weren't even 400, (and I had many classic symptoms). But I had never heard the 400-500 range as an "indicator", and I sometimes second guess myself.

It's so hard to say. If you were in your late 30's - early 40's and you were secondary, hCG might have been worth a trial.

It depends on your target also. There is an informal benchmark that is commonly tossed around on these boards that optimally, one would like their T no's. in the upper third of the reference range. It would be unlikely that anyone could achieve that using hCG.

I don't necessarily agree with that benchmark. I think optimal T level has to be individualized. Some may feel great at 500 TT, others may need 1000TT.

Last edited:

rick055

Awards
  • Established
It's so hard to say. If you were in your late 30's - early 40's and you were secondary, hCG might have been worth a trial.

It depends on your target also. There is an informal benchmark that is commonly tossed around on these boards that optimally, one would like their T no's. in the upper third of the reference range. It would be unlikely that anyone could achieve that using hCG.

I don't necessarily agree with that benchmark. I think optimal T level has to be individualized. Some may feel great at 500 TT, others may need 1000TT.
I am late 30's and definitely primary. Surgically corrected undescended T (at 10 y/o) which is half the volume of the other.
LH/FSH normal.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I am late 30's and definitely primary. Surgically corrected undescended T (at 10 y/o) which is half the volume of the other.
LH/FSH normal.

I wouldn't try to hard to second-guess yourself. You and your doc made a treatment decision. Time will tell whether it was the right one. If it wasn't, then you can rethink your approach.

rightship3

Awards
T cyp and hCG are not really interchangeable.

hCG is most useful as an adjunct to TRT. 600-700/year is pretty high - I would think 400-500 would be more like it.

I wasn't trying to compare them as alternatives for TRT, because as you say they aren't. They are compliments to each other. However, yearly costs of HCG far exceed those of test cyp.

The HCG I buy from Walgreens (Novarel) is $55 a pop. Since it lasts 1 month the yearly costs are $660. How are you getting HCG for $400-500 a year?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't trying to compare them as alternatives for TRT, because as you say they aren't. They are compliments to each other. However, yearly costs of HCG far exceed those of test cyp.

The HCG I buy from Walgreens (Novarel) is $55 a pop. Since it lasts 1 month the yearly costs are $660. How are you getting HCG for $400-500 a year?

Even using Novarel, you should be able to get it for less than $55.00. When I used hCG, I had a good result from the APP.

Not everyone does and they insist on Novarel. The going price for APP is about $40, but I think if you check around, you can it for quite a bit less.

The package insert for APP says that it is good for 60 days after reconstituting.

I guess it depends partly on perspective, too. To me, even $55.00/mo is not a lot. I pay for all of this stuff OOP, and if I had to, I would pay the $55.00 and be happy.