armour thyroid research

ms84

Banned
Awards
i was diagnosed as hypothyroid and was put on synthroid, along side with TRT. I started the TRT first and then later added the synthroid. i take 125mcg/day and have noticed no improvement in energy. i previously talked to my endo about armour and he was against it. i have printed out a few papers stating the benefits of its use, but was looking to see any one had research i could present to him.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i was diagnosed as hypothyroid and was put on synthroid, along side with TRT. I started the TRT first and then later added the synthroid. i take 125mcg/day and have noticed no improvement in energy. i previously talked to my endo about armour and he was against it. i have printed out a few papers stating the benefits of its use, but was looking to see any one had research i could present to him.
Make sure he does your's
FreeT3
FreeT4

Tell him, hell or high water, you want to have FreeT3 at the top of range and then you will discuss other important details.

ms84

Banned
Awards
i did some searching for current guidlines for thyroid therapy and came up dissapointed. the most recent studies denounce the effectivness of armour thyroid and concetrate on single barnd use of levothyroxine. The only positive one i found was a 2002 article on NEJM supporting armour thyroid. I also went to the AACE website for current endocrinolgy guidlines, but could not get the info to load. im gonna have him run all the test again including vitamin level, etc.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i did some searching for current guidlines for thyroid therapy and came up dissapointed. the most recent studies denounce the effectivness of armour thyroid and concetrate on single barnd use of levothyroxine. The only positive one i found was a 2002 article on NEJM supporting armour thyroid. I also went to the AACE website for current endocrinolgy guidlines, but could not get the info to load. im gonna have him run all the test again including vitamin level, etc.
If you think of something better, I am always looking for improvement, please provide your suggestions.

Myself, I do once yearly my long list, post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

Latter on I do shorter tests, 2 -3 times.

I do my test at Quest Diagnostics.

ms84

Banned
Awards
didnt make any progress with the armour yet, but i did get the ok to come in for blood test any time i want. i just bring in the tests i want to run and they will mail the results. he wants to see me agian in 9mths and said since i was doing so well he might try to ween me off the test to see if it kickstarted my system. i wasnt to thrilled when he said that, being that the test is suppressing what little i had in the first place.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
didnt make any progress with the armour yet, but i did get the ok to come in for blood test any time i want. i just bring in the tests i want to run and they will mail the results. he wants to see me agian in 9mths and said since i was doing so well he might try to ween me off the test to see if it kickstarted my system. i wasnt to thrilled when he said that, being that the test is suppressing what little i had in the first place.
be careful.

Do not let the doctor's office do your blood draw.
Get the script and go to Quest Diagnostics.

Split the list I posted into two, possibly, go twice to Quest.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

Post #41

39 Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy LC/MS/MS
and starting with
58 Progesterone, LC/MS/MS
to the end of the list
have all that hand written on script paper.
The rest he can put on his usual form.

You want to make sure that you get the lattest methodology used when testing.

After you have all tests at hand it should be easier to talk to other doctors if this one refuses to help you.
Only script for testosterone is really need, the rest, in a bind, you can arrange by other means, (PM).

Attention again;
Keep this doctor, if he is your source for blood test scripts.

Botton of blood test list have the ICD-9 codes ($$$$$$$).

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
My experience

I have been on synthroid (generic) for 20 years and felt better at first as far as tiredness butt this wore off as years went on even though my BT showed I was in the norm but on the low side.

I finally got my Dr. to put me on Armour and since have not been tired or any depression episodes. I also have not taken any prescribed stimulants since (Provigil).

I just started a new Dr. who is very cool and is pretty up to speed on TRT but he does not like Armour at all. He feels it not a good thyroid med and doesnt feel it mg are consitant per dose.

I dont think he will try and take me off of it but for whatever reason doesnt like it and doesnt like that it is derived from pigs.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have been on synthroid (generic) for 20 years and felt better at first as far as tiredness butt this wore off as years went on even though my BT showed I was in the norm but on the low side.

I finally got my Dr. to put me on Armour and since have not been tired or any depression episodes. I also have not taken any prescribed stimulants since (Provigil).

I just started a new Dr. who is very cool and is pretty up to speed on TRT but he does not like Armour at all. He feels it not a good thyroid med and doesnt feel it mg are consitant per dose.

I dont think he will try and take me off of it but for whatever reason doesnt like it and doesnt like that it is derived from pigs.
If this doctor is a Jew, you cam put his mind to rest.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/site-map/
Being Jewish, dietary law, and using Armour
The following is written by thyroid patient and advocate Christina, who wanted to help those who are concerned about Armour being pork.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/jewish/
==============================================

After being so long on Armour
do you need to supplement T4?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
See if your doctor will add some Cytomel to your synthroid, I use a very small dosage and it makes a world of difference. Its hard to find armour and most doctors do not prescribe it. If your doctor is not willing, get a new doctor.