Sermorelin..better than HGH? - AnabolicMinds.com

Sermorelin..better than HGH?

  1. New Member
    Headdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Sermorelin..better than HGH?



  2. New Member
    Headdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    here's a site with some studies.

    http://www.collegepharmacy.com/Sermorelin.asp
  3. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    Is this something that requires a prescription? I am guessing that it does.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Headdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    Is this something that requires a prescription? I am guessing that it does.
    yes.
  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Once again, HeadDoc launches toward the future.

    I have been thinking about Sermorelin for some time now. While speaking at a medical conference in Denver in June, sponsored by College Pharmacy, I heard two lectures on the subject which, frankly, stopped me dead in my tracks (one must always maintain an open mind in medicine, and remain a true man or woman of science). Dr. Walker's presentation dropped my jaw.

    Except for a couple of my patients who do not possess a pituitary gland, I believe I will soon be switching my Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency patients over to this new treatment strategy. I just need a bit more time to think about my pathways.

    In short, Sermorelin is to the pituitary as HCG is to the testes.
    Sermorelin Information
    Unlike HGH, Sermorelin affects a more primary source of failure in the GH neuroendocrine axis, has more physiological activity, has a better safety profile, and its use for adult hormone deficiency is not restricted (as is HGH).*
    ----------
    *Dr. Richard F. Walker, - Sermorelin - Official Sermorelin Organization.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://www.collegepharmacy.com/Sermo...achThanhGH.pdf
    While there is a wealth of information showing that long-term administration of
    rhGH reduces intrinsic disease and extends life in adults suffering pathogenic GHD,
    consensus on whether extrapolation of those data to the aging condition is justified
    has not been reached (Perls et al 2005). Most of the major concerns derive from the
    fact that rhGH is mitogenic and may awaken latent cancers, that improper dose
    selection may promote metabolic disorders such as diabetes
    , and perhaps that
    pharmacological presentation may exacerbate decline of endocrine function by
    distorting essential hormonal interactions.
    -------------------------------------
    Effects are regulated by negative feedback involving the
    inhibitory neurohormone, somatostatin, so that unlike
    administration of exogenous rhGH, overdoses of
    endogenous hGH are difficult if not impossible to
    achieve,
    ---------------------------------------
    Unlike
    rhGH which has legal restrictions on its clinical use, the
    off-label prescribing of sermorelin is not prohibited by
    federal law.
    -----------------------------------------------
    In support of this effort, the Society for Applied Research
    in Aging will be providing sermorelin free of cost on a
    competitive basis to practitioners willing to study its effects
    under protocol conditions and to report the outcomes in a
    peer-reviewed journal such as Clinical Interventions in
    Aging
  6. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Have a freind who is on this and likes it very much so far. I was going to bring it up when he updates me on it's effectiveness.
  7. New Member
    Headdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    with all the attention these days to abuse of steroids and even Stallone's arrest in Australia for more vials of HGH than the rest of us use in several months, you'd have to think that any negative outcome from HGH in adults would be on the front page of every newspaper. The occurance of cancers or diabetes would be good stories. And yet, not a story!
  8. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    A direct, and obvious, concern is that the same forces which inhibit GH production, in the face of GHRH, still will be at work.
    We talking estrogen, possible insulin resistance here?

    On a second note, this stuff seems very very promising.

    What are the costs? Insurance covers anything?

    My IGF-1 level 130 (126 - 350)
  9. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    We talking estrogen, possible insulin resistance here?

    On a second note, this stuff seems very very promising.

    What are the costs? Insurance covers anything?

    My IGF-1 level 130 (126 - 350)
    http://www.collegepharmacy.com/Sermo...achThanhGH.pdf
    In support of this effort, the Society for Applied Research
    in Aging will be providing sermorelin free of cost on a
    competitive basis to practitioners willing to study its effects
    under protocol conditions and to report the outcomes in a
    peer-reviewed journal such as Clinical Interventions in
    Aging
  10. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    http://www.collegepharmacy.com/Sermo...achThanhGH.pdf
    In support of this effort, the Society for Applied Research
    in Aging will be providing sermorelin free of cost on a
    competitive basis to practitioners willing to study its effects
    under protocol conditions and to report the outcomes in a
    peer-reviewed journal such as Clinical Interventions in
    Aging
    Dr John, are you involved in this in any way?

    No way shape or form would I get involved in this unless I was under Dr Johns care.....But if he gave the go I would be in.
  11. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I got in contact with the sermorelin people and they are sending me a bunch of information - I will post it up when it arrives.
  12. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    In short, Sermorelin is to the pituitary as HCG is to the testes.
    If that is the case, this product will be one of the biggest things to hit the anti aging market in years
  13. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I emailed my friend..we'll see if he's game to post or email his impressions. He and his wife have a lot going on so we'll see.
  14. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Talks are underway. Stay tuned.
    Awesome, keep us updated
  15. Senior Member
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    642

    Reputation

    Im interested as well....of course, only if my doc say so.
  16. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Got a reply from my friends and they say they are not using it yet..due to the high price tag.

    They mentioned a "Dr Shallenberger" is their anti-aging Doc and he swears by it.
  17. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Got a reply from my friends and they say they are not using it yet..due to the high price tag.

    They mentioned a "Dr Shallenberger" is their anti-aging Doc and he swears by it.
    Yep, it figures.

    No point in running a "free" trial of it from the makers when one can't afford it long term
  18. New Member
    RichTan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    138

    Reputation

    So how much is too much? What does it cost long term? I estimated it to be about 100 times more costly than hgh. Anybody?
  19. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My friends say;

    "HGH sells for like $9-$11 an iU through the doc. Dr Shallenberger says to expect to pay quite a bit more for Sermorelin. So I can only imagine how expensive it would be. I would have to take 3iu and "P" 4iu a day. We just can't afford that."

    Yeah, expensive habit.
  20. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    My friends say;

    "HGH sells for like $9-$11 an iU through the doc. Dr Shallenberger says to expect to pay quite a bit more for Sermorelin. So I can only imagine how expensive it would be. I would have to take 3iu and "P" 4iu a day. We just can't afford that."

    Yeah, expensive habit.


    Yea, LOL. I can think of much better ways to spend 40 bucks a day.

    To be honest, I can't justify spending the 10 bucks a day for HGH. Maybe one day........
  21. New Member
    stern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    96

    Reputation

    cost


    according to the website it's 10-15% cheaper.

    Question: Are the doctor's costs for hGH and Sermorelin comparable?

    Dr. Richard Walker: Costs of Sermorelin per vial is about 10 15% less expensive than hGH. Furthermore, a vial of hGH usually last approximately 12 14 days. In contrast, based upon clinical information defining the effective dose for stimulation of the pituitary gland, one multidose vial will be sufficient to last for 15 days.

    http://www.collegepharmacy.com/Sermo...ermorelin6.asp
  22. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Interesting...it'd be nice to know the actual costs.
  23. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Interesting...it'd be nice to know the actual costs.
    Me as well.

    The web site can babble all they want.

    Till I see actual numbers Im not a believer.
  24. New Member
    sarcazmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    152

    Reputation

    Sermorelin according my A-A Doc


    hi All,

    I go to an Anti-Aging Clinic in H-town for general nutrition, TRT ( pellets - Love 'em! ) and HCG. On a recent follow-up, my Doc talked about Semorelin. He likes to try stuff out on himself before recommending any new therapy to his patients. According to his trial ( don't remember the exact amounts but it was the equivalent of what would be 1IU per day of HGH ), his bloodtests showed the Sermorelin to increase IGF-2 about 90% as well as HGH. Again, I don't have specific numbers, but he also indicated that it is less expensive than HGH ( but not by a significant amount - if I had to guess, I'd say maybe 20-25% less at most ).

    srczm
  25. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sarcazmo View Post
    hi All,

    I go to an Anti-Aging Clinic in H-town for general nutrition, TRT ( pellets - Love 'em! ) and HCG. On a recent follow-up, my Doc talked about Semorelin. He likes to try stuff out on himself before recommending any new therapy to his patients. According to his trial ( don't remember the exact amounts but it was the equivalent of what would be 1IU per day of HGH ), his bloodtests showed the Sermorelin to increase IGF-2 about 90% as well as HGH. Again, I don't have specific numbers, but he also indicated that it is less expensive than HGH ( but not by a significant amount - if I had to guess, I'd say maybe 20-25% less at most ).

    srczm
    Awesome, thanks.

    What is his price for HGH
  26. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    671

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Awesome, thanks.

    What is his price for HGH
    I've been quoted between $300 to $400 per month depending on weight and protocol.
  27. New Member
    sarcazmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    152

    Reputation

    $300-ish/month for 1IU/day last I checked.

    srczm
  28. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    302

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sarcazmo View Post
    $300-ish/month for 1IU/day last I checked.

    srczm

    You can get through Dr. J for $8.00/IU = $240.00 @ 1IU/day.
  29. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    You can get through Dr. J for $8.00/IU = $240.00 @ 1IU/day.
    If Semorelin is 25% cheaper, then we are looking at 6 bucks a day, and 180 bucks a month.

    Still pretty pricey.
  30. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    671

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sarcazmo View Post
    $300-ish/month for 1IU/day last I checked.

    srczm
    Sermorelin is measured in milligrams, and the prescribed doses are in micrograms. The recommended doses are usually between 200 and 300 micrograms per day, and based on the individual's sex and BMI. A 3 milligram bottle would last 10 to 15 days. I just found a price of $90 per 3 MG vial. Of course a doctor has to prescribe it.
  31. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    Sermorelin is measured in milligrams, and the prescribed doses are in micrograms. The recommended doses are usually between 200 and 300 micrograms per day, and based on the individual's sex and BMI. A 3 milligram bottle would last 10 to 15 days. I just found a price of $90 per 3 MG vial. Of course a doctor has to prescribe it.
    Yep, Im a lightweight too, so about 180 bucks a month for me.

    The goomba in me won't ever allow myself to fork that over.
  32. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,847
    Rep Power
    353385

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    is it subq or tabs oral gel?
  33. New Member
    dougpacker's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    83

    Reputation

    I got prescribed Sermonelin right after the big GH bust when the feds took all the generic Somatropin.
    Before that my insurance was paying for my GH..
    Did not cover Sermonelin, I weigh 165 and the cost was 200 a month. No way to partial dose or use less like with GH.

    My doc switched to it and is no longer on it because he says he never felt much and it takes too long to work.
    I have another doc buddy who is taking it and feels pleased.
    He was paying out of pocket 800 month for GH so he is happy.

    So I think the jury is still out. If they could get it under a hundred a month I'd be on it.
  34. New Member
    Headdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dougpacker View Post
    I got prescribed Sermonelin right after the big GH bust when the feds took all the generic Somatropin.
    Before that my insurance was paying for my GH..
    Did not cover Sermonelin, I weigh 165 and the cost was 200 a month. No way to partial dose or use less like with GH.

    My doc switched to it and is no longer on it because he says he never felt much and it takes too long to work.
    I have another doc buddy who is taking it and feels pleased.
    He was paying out of pocket 800 month for GH so he is happy.

    So I think the jury is still out. If they could get it under a hundred a month I'd be on it.
    I ran it for 8 weeks and had an IGF-1 of 130. I ran it for another 8 at double the recommended dose and the IGF-1 was127. I am now off for 6 + weeks and preparing for another lab. Sorry I did not get a post HGH level.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 07:30 AM
  2. Women are better than men at... Pilates!
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 03:53 PM
  3. Casein better than Whey?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 02:51 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 05:18 PM
  5. Dione better than Diol?!?!
    By u4ik_rage in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in