Lab Results In, Need Help

health4life24

Awards
Hi,
I have been reading these forums the last few months and decided to build up the courage to post.

I Currently suffering from very low libido, low energy or fatigue like symptoms, and slow metabolism. I have also recently had bouts where my body feels somewhat achy (inflamation?) and it takes longer to recover from workouts. I'm 30 and I'm in decent shape because I eat good & work out often. I feel that I'm suffering from some kind of hormonal imbalance along with either slight adrenal or thyroid problems despite having a healthy lifestyle. I abused marijuana for many years when I was younger and have never felt the same since. I think the exessive abuse messed me up internally and and the last few years I have had next to no sex drive and feel tired all the time. I also am very carb/sugar sensitive and will gain weight fast if I stray from the very clean diet I have now.

Here are my recent blood work results with ranges and would like some opinions on what I should do next in regards to seeing a doctor or trying out meds to see if they improve my situation.

---
Thyroid TSH 3.95 uIU/ml (.350 - 5.500)
Prostate Specific Ag .5 ng/ml (0.0 - 4.0)
Testesterone, Serum 479 ng/dl (241 - 827)
Free Testesterone 17.4 pg/ml (8.7 - 25.1)
LH 1.9 mIU/ml (1.5 - 9.3)
FSH .7 mIU/ml (1.4 - 8.1)
Progesterone 1.9 ng/ml (.3 - 1.2)
DHEA-Sulfate 471 ug/dl (120 - 520)
Estradiol 30 pg/ml (0-53)
DHT 27 ng/ml (30 - 85)
Cortisol 21.5 ug/dl (3.1 - 22.4)
Prolactin 19.9 ng/ml (2.1 - 17.7)
SHBG 13 nmol/L (13 - 71)
Albumin, Serum 4.5 g/dl (3.5 - 5.5)

There are a few things that look way off here, especially DHT, Prolactin & SHBG. I recently went to the doctor and he told me that these numbers were still within 'statistical' range and that I should be happy that I'm a young healthy adult. This is the second doctor that has told me this basically and I think they are full of crap. The way that I feel now compared to how I did before abusing drugs is night & day. I know for sure that something is obviously wrong and really want to find out and get the needed help to recover because I have hid my problems for the last few years thinking that I would get better, but so far I haven't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Hi,
I have been reading these forums the last few months and decided to build up the courage to post.

I Currently suffering from very low libido, low energy or fatigue like symptoms, and slow metabolism. I have also recently had bouts where my body feels somewhat achy (inflamation?) and it takes longer to recover from workouts. I'm 30 and I'm in decent shape because I eat good & work out often. I feel that I'm suffering from some kind of hormonal imbalance along with either slight adrenal or thyroid problems despite having a healthy lifestyle. I abused marijuana for many years when I was younger and have never felt the same since. I think the exessive abuse messed me up internally and and the last few years I have had next to no sex drive and feel tired all the time. I also am very carb/sugar sensitive and will gain weight fast if I stray from the very clean diet I have now.

Here are my recent blood work results with ranges and would like some opinions on what I should do next in regards to seeing a doctor or trying out meds to see if they improve my situation.

---
DHT 27 ng/ml (30 - 85)
SHBG 13 nmol/L (13 - 71)

There are a few things that look way off here, especially DHT, Prolactin & SHBG. I recently went to the doctor and he told me that these numbers were still within 'statistical' range and that I should be happy that I'm a young healthy adult. This is the second doctor that has told me this basically and I think they are full of crap. The way that I feel now compared to how I did before abusing drugs is night & day. I know for sure that something is obviously wrong and really want to find out and get the needed help to recover because I have hid my problems for the last few years thinking that I would get better, but so far I haven't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If they are out of range they should be addressed END OF STORY !! This crap "oh your just alittle bit out of range, but your healthy as a horse" WTF do they know if you are fine just by looking at you. THAT is not answer..

TSH is possibly showing low thyroid which could be representing your low shbg which is common with underactive thyroid. DHT is given to increase libido why guys respond to tcreams when they have low DHT. Might want to look into insulin resistance as well to verify why shbg could be low, inuslin resistance and thyroid go hand and hand alot of times.
Need further blood work ft3, ft4 to answer thyroid question. Prolactin is a big problem ..Progesterone may being diverted to cortisol for some appreant reason (infection, trmatic event, over training, under eating, not enough sleep, chemical exposure, ect) again the idea is pin point exactly win this happen and when you started first feeling like crap and re examine 6 months back from then usually you find your answer...Mine was simple contest diet (minreal imbalances), under eating, over training, lack of sunlight, using an AI when not needed lowered e2, Excessive ALA w/o biotin, fatty liver lead to insulin resitance started the cascade of short circut of the HPTA axis plain and simple..

Lifestyle pattern are simpliest to address before jumping into tinkering with hormones

How are your sleep patterns?

what time you goto bed and wake up

do you work night shift or work at a night club late at night?

How much sun you get each day

Do you wake up feeling refreshed?

Do you sleep sound or toss and turn each night and have a
hard time getting to sleep

What is your eating habits like

what time do you workout and how long how often?

Do you take a good multivitamin (ZMA may help before bed time)

Are you happy with your life

Any family or stresful events in your life in past 6 months

have you had any infection in last 6 months

nallepuh

Awards
Hi,

---
DHT 27 ng/ml (30 - 85)
SHBG 13 nmol/L (13 - 71)

Yr thyriod could be whats causeing u yr troubles. It regulates yr metabolism and could most definatly be the cause of yr fatigue and lessend stamina. Also when thyriod is sluggish yr Hypothalamus will increase TRH wich makes yr pituary release more TSH (thyriod stimulating hormone) this is ofc is why yr TSH is rather high at 3.95 (most docs consider anything over 3 high today). Yr prolactin is way high, Prolactin can change up and down quite rapidly i know this from experience i have tested 5 and 18 in no more than 1 week apart. Whats more to this is that when hypothalamus sends TRH to increase TSH prolactin is also increased, this could potentially be the case with u since both yr prolactin and tsh is up, its not uncommen that hypothyriod patients have high prolactin levels aswell. Prolactin on its own can down regulate testosterone and its metabolites (dht estrogen) and cause low sexdrive etc.

High prolactin could potentially be signs of a prolacatinoma but usually they produce prolactins in the hundreds or more so this is prolly not the case but if u worry u could have that checked out.

I would test for TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and prolactin again at the same time if i were u. That would definatly give u a better picture of whats going on. TSH is just the signal to produce more thyriod hormones, u need free t4 and free t3 to know that they are actually beeing produced in the correct amount.

If it turns out u are low in free t4 and or free t3, then all u might need is thyriod meds.

good luck

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

---
DHT 27 ng/ml (30 - 85)
SHBG 13 nmol/L (13 - 71)

Concentrate on Prolactin.
After is in range do all other.

June 1999 Le Magazine: In The News: Elevated Prolactin Linked To Breast Cancer

====================================================================
Male - Prostate Cancer Patient
- Prolactin level no higher than 2.0
There are three FDA-approved drugs that suppress prolactin secretion. If a blood test reveals prolactin levels are elevated, ask your doctor to prescribe one of the following drugs:

- Bromocriptine (2.5 mg one or more times a day)
- Pergolide (.25 mg to .50 mg twice a day)
- Dostinex (.5 mg twice a week)
Check prolactin levels again in 30 days to make sure the drug you choose is suppressing prolactin release from the pituitary gland into the blood.

Dostinex is the newest and cleanest drug to use. Dostinex has fewer side effects than the older drugs, is more effective in suppressing prolactin than the older drugs, and requires only twice a week dosing. It should be noted that Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw recommended bromocriptine as a prolactin suppressing agent back in 1982, and the FDA spent millions of taxpayer dollars keeping Americans from accessing this drug for the purpose of disease prevention. Since 1982, about 700,000 American women have died of breast cancer.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Dostinex is the newest and cleanest drug to use.

Two studies published early this year revealed that among people with Parkinson's disease, those taking Dostinex were at least four times more likely to have diseased heart valves than those taking other meds for Parkinson's.

Last edited:

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
QUOTE]

More info: pergolide has been voluntarily withdrawn from the market.

Also re: Dostinex - the risk of valve disease is considerably lower in those taking to lower prolactin because the typical dose is much lower.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
QUOTE]

More info: pergolide has been voluntarily withdrawn from the market.

Also re: Dostinex - the risk of valve disease is considerably lower in those taking to lower prolactin because the typical dose is much lower.
So, basically it is good news about Dostinex, right??

--------------------------
anything on Bromocryptine?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
So, basically it is good news about Dostinex, right??

--------------------------
anything on Bromocryptine?
Yes, good news. The dose for pituitary problems is so much lower than for Parkinson's that the risk of heart problems appears negligible.

Bromocriptine - There have been isolated reports of valve disease after long-term use for Parkinson's. Again, though, it appears that the risk is dose-related.

health4life24

Awards
Thanks alot guys, this by far is most answers I have gotten in the last few years. I wish I would have known about this forum sooner. I was so sick of hearing the last two doctors I was seeing that I'm healthy and that I'm probably just a little depressed. I have never suffered from depression in my life! I wish they would be more open and proactive in trying to listen to the sympoms I'm suffering from.

Anyway, I will try the Dostinex to see if that improves my condition. I'm really hoping that it will improve my condition before I have to figure something else out if it doesn't work. I'm also going to get a full thyroid panel done since I suspect I have some problems in this area also. I'm also going to get an insulin resistance test also.

I have also heard that DHT is extremely important in regards to a mans sex drive and I noticed that mine is very low. Are there anyways to get DHT to a mid - level range?

Also, would TRT be beneficial in anyway to try to get my Test to around 600 from the 479 it's at currently, or do you think my levels are ok where they are at right now?

Also, I would be open to seeing someone like Dr. John. Does my situation seem complicated enough that it would be best to put myself under his care, or should I try to self - treat first & then consider more help later? Thanks again eveyone!

nallepuh

Awards
Thanks alot guys, this by far is most answers I have gotten in the last few years. I wish I would have known about this forum sooner. I was so sick of hearing the last two doctors I was seeing that I'm healthy and that I'm probably just a little depressed. I have never suffered from depression in my life! I wish they would be more open and proactive in trying to listen to the sympoms I'm suffering from.

Anyway, I will try the Dostinex to see if that improves my condition. I'm really hoping that it will improve my condition before I have to figure something else out if it doesn't work. I'm also going to get a full thyroid panel done since I suspect I have some problems in this area also. I'm also going to get an insulin resistance test also.

I have also heard that DHT is extremely important in regards to a mans sex drive and I noticed that mine is very low. Are there anyways to get DHT to a mid - level range?

Also, would TRT be beneficial in anyway to try to get my Test to around 600 from the 479 it's at currently, or do you think my levels are ok where they are at right now?

Also, I would be open to seeing someone like Dr. John. Does my situation seem complicated enough that it would be best to put myself under his care, or should I try to self - treat first & then consider more help later? Thanks again eveyone!
I have never seen b4 and after bloodwork on anti prolactin meds but lots of ppl say that lowering prolactin initself could increase yr testosterone. If u r gonna try dostinex maybe take it slow with other supplements for now and c how u do. If u add 1 thing at the time u will know how each supplement affects u.

If still low after dostinex and u want to try TRT, gels/creams will make more of a conversion to DHT than injections.

health4life24

Awards
^^Thanks for the above info.

Anyone else have any reccomendations on increasing DHT and it's effect on sex drive? Besides Prolactin, does anyone think that my very low DHT levels could be affecting my lack of sex drive?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

If you decide to be on testosterone, make sure you also use HCG.
When you are on testosterone the TotalT values are only a guidance, main number is FreeT. You aim is to have it (160-250), closer to the top. The balance is higly dependent on SHBG. Your SHBG=13, that is low. Eventually T supresses SHBG if in excess, you do not have much room.
SHBG levels are connected to insuline, sugar and metabolic syndrome, check that area.

SHBG levels may change, but at your current level you would need
TT~500 to have FreeT~160
TT~750 to have FreeT~250

See if only HCG (no T) may give you enough in this area.
Do not worry about DHT, not yet.
----------------
Bottom line, from my previous post, Prolactin first.
The rest may fall into right place on its own.

health4life24

Awards
^^Thanks for the great advice. I posted in another forum and got similiar advice from someone else. The poster reccomended 100 IU's of HCG a day to increase levels. I think I'll try dostinex first to see what kind of response I get & then start with HCG.

Does anyone know typically how long it would take to see results from taking Dostinex if it works for me? Also, is HCG a safe longterm method to increase test levels & is it a more viable option that taking a Test gel?

I'm going to get a complete Thyroid panel & Insulin resistant tests done and will post results once labs are in. I'm sure I have a problem in this area because of fatigue and not being able to eat carbs without gaining weight fast. Thanks again everyone.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^Thanks for the above info.

Anyone else have any reccomendations on increasing DHT and it's effect on sex drive? Besides Prolactin, does anyone think that my very low DHT levels could be affecting my lack of sex drive?
Yep, low DHT can be a problem. Thankfully, T creams raise DHT more so than shots. I would throw a collegel guess and say thats because the T breaks down faster which leads to more DHT/E. Might also have something to do with the abundance of DHT receptors on skin.

Im agnostic about using scripts to lower prolactin. Prolactin is something that often corrects itself on a proper doctor monitered TRT program.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
^^Thanks for the great advice. I posted in another forum and got similiar advice from someone else. The poster reccomended 100 IU's of HCG a day to increase levels. I think I'll try dostinex first to see what kind of response I get & then start with HCG.

Does anyone know typically how long it would take to see results from taking Dostinex if it works for me? Also, is HCG a safe longterm method to increase test levels & is it a more viable option that taking a Test gel?

I'm going to get a complete Thyroid panel & Insulin resistant tests done and will post results once labs are in. I'm sure I have a problem in this area because of fatigue and not being able to eat carbs without gaining weight fast. Thanks again everyone.
Per LEF statement:"Check prolactin levels again in 30 days"

You almost have enough Testosterone with your current very low SHBG level, increase T and your SHBG may go lower.

Clarify your situation about Thyroid.
One of the thyroid related problems is non-reliable testosterone cream penetration thru skin.
That would not stop me from trying compounded pregnenolone cream, I guess there is not much choice.

Attacking
Metabolic syndrome
thyroid
prolactin
testosterone
is probably the logical sequence of events for you.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That would not stop me from trying compounded pregnenolone cream, I guess there is not much choice.

Rub Preg cream on balls, thyroid conditions are not affected there

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

---
DHT 27 ng/ml (30 - 85)
SHBG 13 nmol/L (13 - 71)

From your PM, I just want to have continuity for the future referencing:
Just wanted to get information about the NutrEval test that you are talking about. In your opinion, would anything they are testing for drastically effect libido if I was defficient in any area? I'm seriously considering buying this test, but would need to save up the money to do so since I don't have insurance. Am I correct that it's double the price in US dollars?

Also, I posted a thread awhile back with my labs. If you had any extra time to take another look, that would be great! I did just about everything that you reccemomended as well as others, short of testosterone which I'm saving as a last option. Here is the thread:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/71550-lab-results-need.html

I used dostinex and didn't really feel much of a difference. I did a month long of clomid & Rolaxafine to try to restart HPTA which didn't work. I actually felt worse afterwards. I'm just now starting HCG, 200 IU's daily to see if that does anything. I'm also using liquidex from AG guys, but I don't think estrogen is really effecting me. I also tried a lite dose of Armour thyroid, gave me slightly more energy, but nothing libido wise.

Can you see anything else I could do at this point? I'm wondering if Test is my main problem, which total Test is between 400-500 range. I'm wondering if I double it, maybe that would get me where I need to be. I'm saving Test therapy as a last option though. Would probably go see Dr. John at that point. Any other advice you could give would be greatly appreciated!
Best choice see dr John.

Other advice:
You are going to have to do some tests, with or without dr John, there is no other way.

Look into Thyroid and Adrenals.
You need good (Ultrasensitive) E2 test, off hand E2 is about right, was that with or without Liquidex?
Your DHT is rather low.
Looking at your LH & FSH I would say that you are secondary, you should give your testis a chance.
So going for HCG is a good way.

Use this guidelines I posted for someone in similar situation.

Bloodwork question? Androgel - MESO-Rx

FreeT3 5 (2.6-5.7)
LH 3 (3-10)
FSH 3.7 (3-10)

Oestrasdiol 111 (<230)
Prolactine 86 (55-380)
Testosteron 7.5 (14.0-35.0)
SHGB 21 (10-75)
================================

Your LH and FSH are on the bottom range.
Your Estradiol appears (I think) rather low.
Looks like you have secondary hypogonadism, that is your testis may be good but nobody tells them to work.
Additionally low estrogen.

That would be ideal situation to use HCG only (no Testosterone) in an effort to make testis do their work.
That is done by using larger amounts of HCG.
================================
If you convince your doctor to this method, problem is how to figure protocol, dose and frequency.
You may follow a protocol that one would use when attempting to be fertile.
You may skip the HMG part, unless you want to make sure and get her actualy pregnant.
Data Sheet

The description there says:
Dosage In The Male
Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism
1,000-2,000 I.U. PREGNYL, two to three times per week.

That translates to
minimum 2000iu/week
maximum 6000iu/week

Your will have few limits, they have to be found by blood testing:

The more HCG you use,
the more Testosterone your testis will produce.
the more estradiol you will have
the more Arimidex you will have to use to control Estradiol

You do not want to get more than FreeT~300
Calculated with:
Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator
using TotalT, SHBG and Albumin

You do not want to use more than 2 pills/week Arimidex (divided into halfs or quarters)

So work within this limitations and see if you can be natural.
Supposedly there is some evidence that frequency 2x/week or E3D is the best.
Supposedly E2D is not as good.

You will find out what works for you by trying.

-----------------------------------------------------

When you will (hopefully arrive at better BAT and DHT levels, yore sex drive (usually) is acutely) proportional to correct E2 levels.
This can be achieved by testing and carefull observation.

Possibly/hopefully your higher Prolactin is not going to play too much in it.
===========================================

Your energy or lack of it should be figured out by NutrEval testing.

If you do that test, make sure that you do not take any supplements, vitamins, minerals, similar for at least a month.
But do not stop HCG or Liquidex.

Just eat plain food, and drink plain water, totally nothing special.
People who go crazy with their diets, still are defficient somewhere, NutrEval will tell you what you need without going crazy.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Digestive juces are imortant.
No antacids or similar.
TESTOSTERONE NATION

I eat 6 tabs with every meal:

Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets - Vitacost
Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets
Along same line, digestive enzymes and probiotics.
Post your body temperature.
Take thermometer with you to bed, keep it close to you, so you do not wake up too much trying to reach for it.
Measure yout body temp first thing when you wake up.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
why are we in a 10-month old thread?

and i think this fellow's condition is rather obvious....his testes obviously work rather well, if he can make that much test from virtually NO LH/FSH...his problem is at the hypothalamus; he's apparently suppressed from the very high cortisol, prolactin, and progesterone. this may be stress related, or maybe not. B6 is a start for the prolactin and progesterone...if no luck then bromo/caber...i would definitely try out some relaxation techniques too (or even pharmaceutical stress relievers, the herbal kind preferably)

wiki says that prescription drugs often cause high prolactin...what else is he taking? additionally, dopamine being a prolactin inhibitor means that depression could cause it, too.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
and i think this fellow's condition is rather obvious....his testes obviously work rather well, if he can make that much test from virtually NO LH/FSH...his problem is at the hypothalamus; he's apparently suppressed from the very high cortisol, prolactin, and progesterone. this may be stress related, or maybe not. B6 is a start for the prolactin and progesterone...if no luck then bromo/caber...i would definitely try out some relaxation techniques too (or even pharmaceutical stress relievers, the herbal kind preferably)

wiki says that prescription drugs often cause high prolactin...what else is he taking? additionally, dopamine being a prolactin inhibitor means that depression could cause it, too.
Because he PM me, refering to this thread.
I posted his PM here, to keep continuity.

Please keep coming with any good advice that possibly may help him.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
From your PM, I just want to have continuity for the future referencing:

Best choice see dr John.

Other advice:
You are going to have to do some tests, with or without dr John, there is no other way.

Look into Thyroid and Adrenals.
You need good (Ultrasensitive) E2 test, off hand E2 is about right, was that with or without Liquidex?
Your DHT is rather low.
Looking at your LH & FSH I would say that you are secondary, you should give your testis a chance.
So going for HCG is a good way.

Use this guidelines I posted for someone in similar situation.

Bloodwork question? Androgel - MESO-Rx

-----------------------------------------------------

When you will (hopefully arrive at better BAT and DHT levels, yore sex drive (usually) is acutely) proportional to correct E2 levels.
This can be achieved by testing and carefull observation.

Possibly/hopefully your higher Prolactin is not going to play too much in it.
===========================================

Your energy or lack of it should be figured out by NutrEval testing.

If you do that test, make sure that you do not take any supplements, vitamins, minerals, similar for at least a month.
But do not stop HCG or Liquidex.

Just eat plain food, and drink plain water, totally nothing special.
People who go crazy with their diets, still are defficient somewhere, NutrEval will tell you what you need without going crazy.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Digestive juces are imortant.
No antacids or similar.
TESTOSTERONE NATION

I eat 6 tabs with every meal:

Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets - Vitacost
Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets
Along same line, digestive enzymes and probiotics.
Post your body temperature.
Take thermometer with you to bed, keep it close to you, so you do not wake up too much trying to reach for it.
Measure yout body temp first thing when you wake up.
6 with every meal??? Geez! Did HAN sign off on that? This seems way excessive to me. Doesnt this have you bouncing off the walls and, if taken with dinner, disturbing your sleep? 2 with each meal should be sufficient, unless there is something materially wrong with your system. You must have some serious sulfurous fumes coming out of your ass 24/7 from the methylation.

Jan, your tolerance for meds never ceases to amaze me.

health4life24

Awards
Thanks JanSz. I'm currently on my 3rd day of 200 IU's of HCG. Haven't felt much yet, maybe a little more energy. Nothing in the libido dept. yet though. This is very frusterating to say the least and it's ruining my life. All of my paychecks have gone into paying for labs and drugs that have done nothing for me so far. I have tried just about everything short of Test.

I did try dostinex and it didn't really do anything. I thought estrogen may have been a problem, but used liquidex from the AG Guys, which really had no effect at all. I tried Armour thyriod also, did nothing for libido. I guess I'll stick with HCG for the next few weeks and up the dose to see if it has any effect.

health4life24

Awards

Well, this all started after many years of heavy marijuana abuse( along with drinking allot as well). I totally lost my sex drive from it and and wonder if either my hormones or chemicals in the brain were effected from it. I'm guessing it could be a few things:

1. Low Test & (low dht?) My body needs to reach a certain 'threshold' in order to feel right again
2. Nuerotrasmitters/Chemical Imbalance
could it be something like oxytocin, or some other chemical I'm defficient in?
3. Some kind of suppression
As stated above, high cortisol or progesterone? Would these inhibit libido?

If you guys have any other insights, I would greatly appreciate it.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
6 with every meal??? Geez! Did HAN sign off on that? This seems way excessive to me. Doesnt this have you bouncing off the walls and, if taken with dinner, disturbing your sleep? 2 with each meal should be sufficient, unless there is something materially wrong with your system. You must have some serious sulfurous fumes coming out of your ass 24/7 from the methylation.

Jan, your tolerance for meds never ceases to amaze me.
I think all it means is that I have close to zero of my own gastric acids.

I got to this # of Betaine HCL pills by tial.
Read this article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1257805

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks JanSz. I'm currently on my 3rd day of 200 IU's of HCG. Haven't felt much yet, maybe a little more energy. Nothing in the libido dept. yet though. This is very frusterating to say the least and it's ruining my life. All of my paychecks have gone into paying for labs and drugs that have done nothing for me so far. I have tried just about everything short of Test.

I did try dostinex and it didn't really do anything. I thought estrogen may have been a problem, but used liquidex from the AG Guys, which really had no effect at all. I tried Armour thyriod also, did nothing for libido. I guess I'll stick with HCG for the next few weeks and up the dose to see if it has any effect.
It is going to be tough road with you.
From what you have posted I see just one blood test.
Rather sketchy and incomplete blood test.
From that test you are trying to divine all your answers.

If you have done any other testing, post it here.
Post all tests that you did, group them by dates.
Post name, number, units, range.

You took invalid Estrodial test that shows you almost within range and used Liquidex, killed the little of any hormones that you have.
To rebuld your previous estrodial level may take more than 2 months.

Now you are taking insignificant dose of HCG and hoping that it will work miracles for you.

You did not do anything about your thyroid except taking Armour (blindly), you do not know if you need it or not.

All this took you 10 month or more to accomplish.

This is using up you will power and causing more problems.

You are also complaining about money, that must be toughest part.
No wonder, someone feeling like a s*t have a hard time to hustle for $$'s.
--------------------------------------
With out good testing it is going to be tough (impossible) to help you.
In post #2 HAN gave you lots of possiblilities, I do not see any reaction to them, that was 10 months ago.
---------------------------------------------------

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your HCG now.
One possibility is that you may want to do stimulation test and see if your testis are able to produce more testosterone.
That involves larger dose of HCG and timely blood test to check your reaction.

Check my post #79 for better understanding,
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-3.html

Start someplace with your HCG dose and test to see what it gives you.

Watch also your DHT level, if it does not go any higher, you may end up with transdermal T-gel after all.

Do complete thyroid panel.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

You took invalid Estrodial test that shows you almost within range and used Liquidex, killed the little of any hormones that you have.

Now you are taking insignificant dose of HCG and hoping that it will work miracles for you.

You did not do anything about your thyroid except taking Armour (blindly), you do not know if you need it or not.

In post #2 HAN gave you lots of possiblilities, I do not see any reaction to them, that was 10 months ago.

One possibility is that you may want to do stimulation test and see if your testis are able to produce more testosterone.

Watch also your DHT level, if it does not go any higher, you may end up with transdermal T-gel after all.

Did not work probably they did not follow them or just blew them off LOL

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
Well, this all started after many years of heavy marijuana abuse( along with drinking allot as well). I totally lost my sex drive from it and and wonder if either my hormones or chemicals in the brain were effected from it. I'm guessing it could be a few things:

1. Low Test & (low dht?) My body needs to reach a certain 'threshold' in order to feel right again
2. Nuerotrasmitters/Chemical Imbalance
could it be something like oxytocin, or some other chemical I'm defficient in?
3. Some kind of suppression
As stated above, high cortisol or progesterone? Would these inhibit libido?
absolutely!!

i suspect HCG is the wrong drug for you. HCG acts like LH, which of course might help you short term, but YOUR problem is at the HPTA, NOT the testes (as evidenced by the LH=nil and T=okay). HCG will actually shut down your HPTA further, because the surge in test will provide even more suppressive feedback to the hypothalamus.

the ONLY really out-of-whack numbers you have are LH&FSH (terrible) and cortisol & prolactin & progesterone (way way too high, even if they are considered "in range")...considering that the feedback loops that drive their release are so intertwined, i have to conclude (barring any other insights or bloodwork) that the two are related.

ever hear of guys getting deca **** or tren dick? well, it's because of the really high suppressive capacity of these progestinic compounds.....you've got deca **** without the deca. we need to find out and fix whatever is jacking up your progesterone and prolactin and the LH/FSH will take care of themselves. look up 'hyperprolactinemia' for causes and start thinking - word is prescription drugs are often the culprit.

i have heard of guys using MJ getting elevated estrogen / low T panels; never Pr, but i wouldnt be surprised.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
absolutely!!

i suspect HCG is the wrong drug for you. HCG acts like LH, which of course might help you short term, but YOUR problem is at the HPTA, NOT the testes (as evidenced by the LH=nil and T=okay). HCG will actually shut down your HPTA further, because the surge in test will provide even more suppressive feedback to the hypothalamus.

the ONLY really out-of-whack numbers you have are LH&FSH (terrible) and cortisol & prolactin & progesterone (way way too high, even if they are considered "in range")...considering that the feedback loops that drive their release are so intertwined, i have to conclude (barring any other insights or bloodwork) that the two are related.

ever hear of guys getting deca **** or tren dick? well, it's because of the really high suppressive capacity of these progestinic compounds.....you've got deca **** without the deca. we need to find out and fix whatever is jacking up your progesterone and prolactin and the LH/FSH will take care of themselves. look up 'hyperprolactinemia' for causes and start thinking - word is prescription drugs are often the culprit.

i have heard of guys using MJ getting elevated estrogen / low T panels; never Pr, but i wouldnt be surprised.
Hyperprolactinaemia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hyperprolactinaemia may be caused by either disinhibition (e.g., compression of the pituitary stalk or reduced dopamine levels)
or excess production from a prolactinoma (a pituitary gland adenoma tumour).
A blood serum prolactin level of 1000–5000 mIU/L could be from either mechanism,
but >5000 mIU/L is likely due to the activity of an adenoma with macroadenomas
(large tumours over 10 mm diameter) whose levels of prolactin are up to 100,000 mIU/L.

Frequent Misdiagnosis and Mismanagement of Hyperprolactinemic Patients before the Introduction of Macroprolactin Screening: Application of a New Strict Laboratory Definition of Macroprolactinemia -- Suliman et al. 49 (9): 1504 -- Clinical Chemistry
(To convert prolactin mIU/L to µg/L, we divide by 36.)
1000–5000 mIU/L --> (28 - 139) µg/L

health4life24 have

I would assume that health4life24's prolactin is acceptable and look some place else.
Unless he admits to use of some prescription and/or street use of drugs.

Since he did not used steroids his HPTA is not shut down so there is no reason in going ino HPTA restart route.

Just guessing, please keep comming with ideas.
Well what is left from your previus post is a possibility of dopamine porblems.

I like to check this on a wholesale basis.
I like Genova Diagnostics NutrEval test.

Definitely it would quickly bring to lite many possibilities plus suggestions of how to deal with a problem if any.
Will give a list of supplements and a daily dosing.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established

health4life24 have

I would assume that health4life24's prolactin is acceptable and look some place else.

Since he did not used steroids his HPTA is not shut down so there is no reason in going ino HPTA restart route.

not so fast my man!

how in the world can you "assume" his prolactin is acceptable, when it's clearly out of range? just because a clinical diagnosis of hyperprolactinemia doesnt apply, doesnt mean that a similar scenario isnt present here. he's out of range of prolactin, progesterone and cortisol, three hormones that are strongly related and two of which are KNOWN to seriously suppress LH/FSH, which he has very little of. in my eyes it's all rather obvious.

what about stims? i believe they've been shown to increase prolactin and cortisol (need refs...)

prolactin and cortisol ARE the "stress hormones" and his are elevated. that's the clear starting point IMHO.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
not so fast my man!

how in the world can you "assume" his prolactin is acceptable, when it's clearly out of range? just because a clinical diagnosis of hyperprolactinemia doesnt apply, doesnt mean that a similar scenario isnt present here. he's out of range of prolactin, progesterone and cortisol, three hormones that are strongly related and two of which are KNOWN to seriously suppress LH/FSH, which he has very little of. in my eyes it's all rather obvious.

what about stims? i believe they've been shown to increase prolactin and cortisol (need refs...)

prolactin and cortisol ARE the "stress hormones" and his are elevated. that's the clear starting point IMHO.
Please translate what you are saying into detailed procedure that health4life24
should explore.

health4life24

Awards
Here are some additional labs done in the last 8 months:

TSH - 7.07 (.40 -4.50 miU/L)
T3 Total - 92 (60 - 181 ng/dl)
T4 Total - 5.3 (4.5 - 12.5 mcg/dl)
Thyroid Peeroxide Antibodies - <10 (35 IU/ml)

Lipid Panel
Triglycerides - 230 (<150 mg/dl)
Cholestorol, Total - 192 (125 - 200 mg/dl)
HDL Cholestorol - 55
LDL Cholestorol - 91

Testosterone, Total - 465 (241 - 827 ng/dl)

----&

TSH 4.79 (0.35 - 5.5)
Free T3 3.1 (2.3 - 4.2)
T4 4.6 (4.5 - 12.0)
Free T4 1.21 (.61 - 1.76)

Antithyroglobulin Ab <20 (0 - 40)

Prolactin 17.1 (2.1 - 17.7)

What do you guys think? I tried Armour Thryoid for about 2 weeks and only felt a difference in energy, but nothing major. Still did nothing for libido. It's like I feel nothing down there at all, as if something is suppressing any 'feeling'. Wondering if it's either too low Total Test (even though free T is good!) & low DHT. If progesterone is having a suppressing affect, could raising DHT counterbalance progesterone, thus lowering it? I have read that DHT can lower both progesterone & E2. Does this sound plausable? What about other progesterone lowering drugs such as Winstrol? Any ideas guys?

health4life24

Awards
Hyperprolactinaemia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hyperprolactinaemia may be caused by either disinhibition (e.g., compression of the pituitary stalk or reduced dopamine levels)
or excess production from a prolactinoma (a pituitary gland adenoma tumour).
A blood serum prolactin level of 1000–5000 mIU/L could be from either mechanism,
but >5000 mIU/L is likely due to the activity of an adenoma with macroadenomas
(large tumours over 10 mm diameter) whose levels of prolactin are up to 100,000 mIU/L.

Frequent Misdiagnosis and Mismanagement of Hyperprolactinemic Patients before the Introduction of Macroprolactin Screening: Application of a New Strict Laboratory Definition of Macroprolactinemia -- Suliman et al. 49 (9): 1504 -- Clinical Chemistry

health4life24 have

Well what is left from your previus post is a possibility of dopamine porblems.

I like to check this on a wholesale basis.
I like Genova Diagnostics NutrEval test.

Definitely it would quickly bring to lite many possibilities plus suggestions of how to deal with a problem if any.
Will give a list of supplements and a daily dosing.

Jansz,

Thanks again for the advice! This actually all came about from many years of heavy marijuana abuse. I have heard that marijuana can increase prolactin, but not sure about progesterone. I used to have a raging libido when I was younger, now I feel nothing after the years of smoking pot. I'm wondering if this drastically affected brain chemistry, thus causing some kind of hormonal imbalance. I have tried dostinex, but it didn't do anything for me. I'm wondering what other options I have.

health4life24

Awards
not so fast my man!

Thanks for your help! I think you may be onto something with the high prolactin, progesterone, and cortisol that could possibly be suppressing my sex drive. Do you know of other possible options I have to lower something like progesterone? The 'deca' **** that you spoke of in the previous post pretty much describes what I'm feeling. I have heard that those particular steriod users have issues with high progesterone, wondering if I'm in the same boat. Any other ideas you have would be greatly appreciated..

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your help! I think you may be onto something with the high prolactin, progesterone, and cortisol that could possibly be suppressing my sex drive. Do you know of other possible options I have to lower something like progesterone? The 'deca' **** that you spoke of in the previous post pretty much describes what I'm feeling. I have heard that those particular steriod users have issues with high progesterone, wondering if I'm in the same boat. Any other ideas you have would be greatly appreciated..
after looking back over your panel, i am having other ideas...

your total and free T are fine enough - you should have some libido if that's all we look at. your SHBG is also low, which of course contributes to that (although the extent is hotly debated)...HOW this is, given your ridiculously low LH and FSH, is frankly beyond me. the DHT gives me concerns, because it is really low....and the more i think about it, it's probably a big cause of your problems. i know that whenever i use finasteride, it absolutely slaughters my libido...even if i use it on a test cycle, i am basically back to baseline libido-wise. treating the DHT issue is tricky, because the reality is that IT is not the root of your problems.

i am trying to sort out how low DHT and high stress hormones interact...i know that progesterone binds to 5AR, possibly more strongly than T does, and it may be "stealing" the conversion and robbing you of DHT...but i could be wrong.

here's an excerpt from a pubmed investigation regarding prolactin response to stress...(it gives a bunch of other refs):

http://physrev.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/80/4/1523

4. Stress
It is clear that prolactin secretion is dramatically affected by "stress." A myriad of stresses have been used to characterize such effects on prolactin secretion. These include, but are not limited to, the following: ether stress (116, 667, 866, 876, 893, 1077, 1105, 1200, 1257, 1296, 1913), restraint stress (416, 590, 598, 883, 923, 944, 1446), thermal stress (1782a), hemorrhage (274, 883), social conflict (817), and even academic stress in humans (1108).

i think all 3 of the hormones you have in excess can be excreted by the adrenal glands, so that might be a clue...

wish i could help more....i'd do some more research if i had time.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

health4life24

Your antibodies are low, ok
Your Free T3 3.1 (2.3 - 4.2)
=(4.2-3.1)/(4.2-2.3)=0.58
yes, you can add a little Armour Thyroid, but it is not that bad as is.

So while we are waiting for SOLARUS to come with some idea about Prolactin............

I see possibility in exploring HCG.
For example

For the next 4 weeks do HCG injection, 2x per week.
Injection size 1500iu

On end of 4 week period, 48 hours after the HCG shot, draw blood. You keep doing your HCG shots while you are waiting for test results and any follow up decission.

Do these tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at Quest.

Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone, Free, Serum (36168X)

If you cant get tests at Quest, speak up, I will rewrite the request.

Search for a doctor that deal with Genova Diagnostics.

You can call them, give your zip code they will e-mail you a list.

If you have money, I can add few more items to your blood test.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
I see possibility in exploring HCG.
For example

For the next 4 weeks do HCG injection, 2x per week.
Injection size 1500iu

On end of 4 week period, 48 hours after the HCG shot, draw blood. You keep doing your HCG shots while you are waiting for test results and any follow up decission.

Do these tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at Quest.

Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone, Free, Serum (36168X)
i really think HCG is the WRONG route. HCG basically just stimulates the leydig cells to kick out more T, and it does so at the expense of the hypothalamus (ie. he will be even more suppressed, because he'll have a bunch of extra supraphysiological T in his system)....so while HCG will effectively solve his "low LH/FSH" problem by substituting for them, it isnt even close to a long-term solution because it just crutches the underlying problem (whatever that is). it's like having a boring, unfulfilling life that leads to depression, and then just taking Prozac - you're better off with getting more fulfillment and enjoyment, because otherwise you'll be on the drug forever!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i really think HCG is the WRONG route. HCG basically just stimulates the leydig cells to kick out more T, and it does so at the expense of the hypothalamus (ie. he will be even more suppressed, because he'll have a bunch of extra supraphysiological T in his system)....so while HCG will effectively solve his "low LH/FSH" problem by substituting for them, it isnt even close to a long-term solution because it just crutches the underlying problem (whatever that is). it's like having a boring, unfulfilling life that leads to depression, and then just taking Prozac - you're better off with getting more fulfillment and enjoyment, because otherwise you'll be on the drug forever!
I like the way you talk, but please,

translate your words into actionable items.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
I like the way you talk, but please,

translate your words into actionable items.
"don't take HCG"

is that considered actionable?

(i dont have an anti-HCG bias; i am using the substance right now actually, during a T cycle to keep my balls working...but i know my HPTA is in the gutter, otherwise i wouldnt have to plan and execute PCT)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
"don't take HCG"

(i dont have an anti-HCG bias; i am using the substance right now actually, during a T cycle to keep my balls working...but i know my HPTA is in the gutter, otherwise i wouldnt have to plan and execute PCT)

I guess now is up to health4life24

to pick and choose.

health4life24

Awards
I guess now is up to health4life24

to pick and choose.
I'm going to stick with HCG for a little while to see if it does anything at all since I've already started. So far after four days of 200 IU's daily, nothing to report. Maybe I should switch up and do 500 IU's every other day. IF HCG does nothing after a month, then I guess I'll have to do something like a PCT to get LH back to where it needs to be naturally. Labs are hard to come by right now because I don't have insurance. I'm looking to hopefully transition to a job that provides health insurance soon. I looked at the few lab assays that you listed. I'll take a look at LEF blood testing panels.

health4life24

Awards
"don't take HCG"

So, in your opinion...even if my Total Test is borderline, HCG would not really solve anything for the issues I face? I know my free T is good. Just wondering if I double my Total Test if it would solve any of my problems. I do think though you are really onto something with my problems being in the hypothalamus. I'm thinking progesterone may be the culprit, and it's robbing the small amount of DHT that I do have from asserting it's effects.

I did a little research from steriod users who were shut down by deca due to high progesterone. Most of the comments and solutions I saw in fixing the high progesterone problem would be to use a steriod called Winstrol, which has anti-progesterone lowering effects.

I have read a few other places that raising DHT can help lower progesterone. Besides those two things, I think the only other thing that could lower progesterone would be the birth control pill.

So....do you guys think I should give the Winstrol a try and maybe some DHT cream also?

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
So, in your opinion...even if my Total Test is borderline, HCG would not really solve anything for the issues I face? I know my free T is good. Just wondering if I double my Total Test if it would solve any of my problems. I do think though you are really onto something with my problems being in the hypothalamus. I'm thinking progesterone may be the culprit, and it's robbing the small amount of DHT that I do have from asserting it's effects.

I did a little research from steriod users who were shut down by deca due to high progesterone. Most of the comments and solutions I saw in fixing the high progesterone problem would be to use a steriod called Winstrol, which has anti-progesterone lowering effects.

I have read a few other places that raising DHT can help lower progesterone. Besides those two things, I think the only other thing that could lower progesterone would be the birth control pill.

So....do you guys think I should give the Winstrol a try and maybe some DHT cream also?
DHT cream is an interesting idea...mainly because DHT is not known to be suppressive. another option is proviron, which is 1-methyl-DHT, and acts very much like it...easier than rubbing a cream in, plus cheaper and more available. supposedly doesnt suppress the HPTA (perhaps because of its anti-estrogenic effects)

i wonder why more of your rather abundant free T isnt converting to DHT....i really am inclined to think the Pr is binding to it, but i could be totally wrong.

so no other OTC meds or anything else? you're 100% clean?

health4life24

Awards
DHT cream is an interesting idea...mainly because DHT is not known to be suppressive. another option is proviron, which is 1-methyl-DHT, and acts very much like it...easier than rubbing a cream in, plus cheaper and more available. supposedly doesnt suppress the HPTA (perhaps because of its anti-estrogenic effects)

i wonder why more of your rather abundant free T isnt converting to DHT....i really am inclined to think the Pr is binding to it, but i could be totally wrong.

so no other OTC meds or anything else? you're 100% clean?
No other meds. I'm actually pretty healthy and try to work out as often as I can.

In regards to progesterone, I have heard that many finasteride users have issues with high progesterone / low DHT also. I feel there could be something to this theory. I'm going to look into buying some Proviron and also maybe some Winstrol. I want to do more research on the Winstrol though since it's a steriod. The last thing I want is to be shut down from taking it. If this is the case, then maybe I should do a trial run while I'm still on the HCG to ensure that this doesn't happen. You guys have been such a great help! I have been battling with this for many years now and hopefully I'm getting closer to finding some resolve.

MasterMind

MasterMind

Awards
No other meds. I'm actually pretty healthy and try to work out as often as I can.

In regards to progesterone, I have heard that many finasteride users have issues with high progesterone / low DHT also. I feel there could be something to this theory. I'm going to look into buying some Proviron and also maybe some Winstrol. I want to do more research on the Winstrol though since it's a steriod. The last thing I want is to be shut down from taking it. If this is the case, then maybe I should do a trial run while I'm still on the HCG to ensure that this doesn't happen. You guys have been such a great help! I have been battling with this for many years now and hopefully I'm getting closer to finding some resolve.
You could also try some Activate Xtreme, it's natural and bloodwork has shown to boost DHT levels by 50%. I can recommend it.

health4life24

Awards
You could also try some Activate Xtreme, it's natural and bloodwork has shown to boost DHT levels by 50%. I can recommend it.

Thanks bro, I will look into it. I'm saving up to buy some dht cream, proviron (dht in pill form), and some winstrol. I'll save the winstrol for last because I don't want to shut down my natural test. Many people make the claims that dht cream isn't suppressive, so I'll go that route first. If anyone knows of any other methods to lower progesterone, please comment in this thread.

As others have stated here and the working hypothesis so far is that my high progesterone levels are suppressing my sex drive & it's counteracting with my already low dht level. This is the only thing that makes sense because my free T is good & I'm one of the stronger guys in the gym also. Test. obviously is not the problem, but the low dht along with the suppression from progesterone. I'm guessing that my progesterone levels are 2-3 times higher than the medium range I need to be in. I think my situation is unique, I have searched these forums and done google searches and haven't found too many others in a situation similiar to mine. Steriod users who haven't recovered from using Deca (which can cause high progesterone) are in the same boat I think. I wish there was some kind of medication though besides some birth control pills that lower progesterone. I'm stuck with taking DHT for now to see how much it will balance out the high progesterone. Any other comments would be appreciated.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
winstrol is suppressive. it is purported as an anti-progesterone, but that's generally while on a progestin cycle of steroids (deca, tren), when the user acknowledges that they're already completely shut down and it doesnt matter.

what about bromocriptine or cabergoline for the progesterone/prolactin? have you researched them?

health4life24

Awards
winstrol is suppressive. it is purported as an anti-progesterone, but that's generally while on a progestin cycle of steroids (deca, tren), when the user acknowledges that they're already completely shut down and it doesnt matter.

what about bromocriptine or cabergoline for the progesterone/prolactin? have you researched them?
I have tried both and I really didn't feel much different. Are those supposed to lower progesterone also? I thought they were mainly for prolactin.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
I have tried both and I really didn't feel much different. Are those supposed to lower progesterone also? I thought they were mainly for prolactin.
how long did you run them for? and when, in relation to your bloodwork?

health4life24

Awards
how long did you run them for? and when, in relation to your bloodwork?
Ran after bloodwork for a few weeks, but gave up after they didn't really have an effect on me. I did some research last night and found that the majority of people were saying that they have no effect on progesterone. It seemed to run around 75% who had that opinion. So, it looks like I'm still in the clear with progesterone as a problem for me. I'm wondering how much my high progesterone is cancelling out my already low DHT? It could be that my body really feels no effects from DHT with the high progesterone, just a guess. This is why I feel no sex drive at all and persistence 'numbness' down there so to speak. Thanks for keeping up on my thread with the good advice you have given me. Any other comments are greatly appreciated.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
How are your sleep patterns?

what time you goto bed and wake up

do you work night shift or work at a night club late at night?

How much sun you get each day

Do you wake up feeling refreshed?

Do you sleep sound or toss and turn each night and have a
hard time getting to sleep

What is your eating habits like

what time do you workout and how long how often?

Do you take a good multivitamin (ZMA may help before bed time)

Are you happy with your life

Any family or stresful events in your life in past 6 months

have you had any infection in last 6 months
i'd like to see these questions answered, too...it seems like an odd coincidence that all three stress hormones are high...

often times with the prolactin-lowering drugs, a) they take several weeks to do their job, and b) libido increase can lag behind a just-corrected hormone situation, ie. it isnt always instantaneous. there's really very little you have to lose by taking a course of bromo or dostinex for 2 months or so and see what happens.

i would drop the HCG if you havent already - it's only going to continue giving the exact WRONG feedback to your hypothalamus (that is, it's flooding you with T that your body will see and want to decrease...)

wait, you werent on HCG when you were tested, were you?

i wish you could find a really good endo...we are all just shooting from the hip here (not that he/she wouldnt...), but it'd be nice to be able to get what you need to troubleshoot this, legally...