- 07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm curious how many folks here have done a formal iodine loading test, or are currently supplementing with iodoral or other forms of iodine (kelp, etc) and what the effects (if any) have been.
I noted that Dr. Crisler commented on this briefly on another thread that he is close to recommending iodine supplementation across the board (if I read that comment correctly).
I just tried the quick and dirty "at home" iodine deficiency test that involves swabbing tinctured iodine on the skin and seeing how long it stays stained - supposed to stay there for 24hrs - mine has faded quite a bit in 4 hrs - which would indicate deficiency assuming what I have read about this test is accurate in any way.
- 07-04-2007, 04:44 PM
- 07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
A good read on the subject is "Iodine; Why you need it and why you can't live without it." by Dr David Brownstein.
My wife and I both use Lugol's at about 3 drops per day. She had an increase in energy from it..and she is diagnosed hypothyroidal.
My thyroid levels are within the norm. I noticed increased energy...a more lasting energy level throughout the day, better sleep and way better stool formation. They had been slightly loose/watery for years.
After a few more months on this dose we will both try to do the formal loading test to see where our respective doses should be.
07-05-2007, 12:16 PM
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Imeniaan in forum SupplementsReplies: 22Last Post: 06-18-2011, 07:07 AM
- By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 19Last Post: 05-28-2009, 02:03 AM
- By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 2Last Post: 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
- By jomi822 in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 16Last Post: 04-13-2006, 02:55 PM
- By Mr.Black in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 08-01-2005, 01:02 PM