What are the odds of my doc consulting with Dr. John?

CF10

CF10

Awards
I ask because the trip to Michigan isnt going over too well with my parents and since I am still a student and under their insurance plan, I am in a bind (yes I am young to be experiencing low test, but it's the sad fact).

I was wondering if any of you get your PCP to consult with Dr. John and work with him that way. This way, my insurance will cover the scripts written by my doctor and the only cost I would have would be the initial 300 bucks and then 50 dollars every consultation thereafter. I can swing that myself so my parents wont even be worried about that. Anyway, how likely is it to have a PCP agree to work with Dr. John?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I ask because the trip to Michigan isnt going over too well with my parents and since I am still a student and under their insurance plan, I am in a bind (yes I am young to be experiencing low test, but it's the sad fact).

I was wondering if any of you get your PCP to consult with Dr. John and work with him that way. This way, my insurance will cover the scripts written by my doctor and the only cost I would have would be the initial 300 bucks and then 50 dollars every consultation thereafter. I can swing that myself so my parents wont even be worried about that. Anyway, how likely is it to have a PCP agree to work with Dr. John?
If you look like that in your avatar
WTF you need dr john or any hormone dr for ?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

It is more likely if he is osteopath.
You can find them in your zip code or neighborhood zip codes here:
American Osteopathic Association
After you get list of 20 or so of them,
use telephone, talk to their nurses
first if they do TRT
if they do TRT, ask if they would help also with adrenals and thyroid
then if the doc would consult with Dr John.
----------------------------------
You may want to buy script from LEF and do the blood test first, so you will know if you really have this type of problem.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/833056-post22.html

CF10

CF10

Awards
Here are my blood results...I think you'll understand. And it baffles me how I can maintain this condition after seeing these test results. Really makes me wonder what I could do if my test levels werent that of an 85 yr old man and my thyroid wasnt hypo (as it appears)

-Glucose 80 (65-99)
-Uric Acid 4.9 (2.4-8.2)
-BUN 36 (5-26)
-Creatinine 1.8 (0.5-1.5)
-BUN/Creatinine ratio 20 (8-27)
-Sodium 142 (135-148)
-Potassium 4.2 (3.5-5.5)
-Chloride 105 (96-109)
-Carbon Dioxide 23 (20-32)
-Calcium 9.4 (8.5-10.6)
-Phosphorus, serum 4.7 (2.5-4.5)
-Protein Total 7.1 (6-8.5)
-Albumin 4.9 (3.5-5.5)
-Globulin 2.2 (1.5-4.5)
-A/G ratio 2.2 (1.1-2.5)
-Bilirubin 0.8 (0.1-1.2)
-Alkaline Phosphates 43 (25-150)
-LDH 168 (100-250)
-AST SGOT 77 (0-40)
-ALT SGPT 50 (0-55)
-GGT 15 (0-65)
-Iron 113 (40-155)

-Cholesterol, Total 180 (100-199)
-Triglycerides 50 (0-149)
-HDL 76 (40-59)
-LDL 94 (0-99)
-Total cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.4 (0-5)

-TSH 7.762 (.350-5.5)
-Thyroxine 4.2 (4.5-12)
-T3 uptake 34 (24-39)
-Free Thyroxine Index 1.4 (1.2-4.9)

-WBC 4.2 (4-10.5)
-RBC 4.21 (4.10-5.60)
-Hemoglobin 14.4 (12.5-17)
-Hematocrit 40.6 (36-50)
-MCV 96 (80-98)
-MCH 34.2 (27-34)
-MCHC 35.5 (32-36)
-RDW 13.9 (11.7-15)
-Platelets 146 (140-415)
-Neutrophils 30 (40-74)
-Lymphs 63 (14-46)
-Monocytes 4 (4-13)
-EOS 3 (0-7)
-Basos 0 (0-3)
-Neutrophils absolute 1.3 (1.8-7.8)
-Lymphs absolute 2.6 (0.7-4.5)
-Monocytes absolute 0.2 (0.1-1)
-EOS absolute 0.1 (0-0.4)
-Basos absolute 0 (0-2)

Total and Free Testosterone 260 (241-827)
Free Testosterone 5.1 (9.3-26.5)
Cortisol 24.3 (4.3-22.4)
Estrogen, Total 71 (40-115)

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
What you look like isnt a representation of your hormone levels.

CF10, what worked best for me was to do a google search for anti-aging clinics in my state/city and call them up and make an apointment.

MacDonnell

Awards
What symptoms are you having? Like Hardasnails said, it's hard to believe you have any problems based on the image in that Avatar. I realize your numbers are off, but do you have ANY symptoms of thyroid disease, hypogonadism, etc.?

CF10

CF10

Awards
What symptoms are you having? Like Hardasnails said, it's hard to believe you have any problems based on the image in that Avatar. I realize your numbers are off, but do you have ANY symptoms of thyroid disease, hypogonadism, etc.?
Yes that is why I got a test done in the first place. I have lethargy, zero libido, depression, loss of strength, irritablity, and mood swings. The worst things are the libido and irritability. I am finding myself hating everyone around me for the littlest things. I told everyone that I suspected low test and thats why I wanted bloodwork. They told me no way, you dont have low test. But unless the lab screwed up the results, I do. I mean free test is almost 5! That's horrible.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Here are my blood results...I think you'll understand. And it baffles me how I can maintain this condition after seeing these test results. Really makes me wonder what I could do if my test levels werent that of an 85 yr old man and my thyroid wasnt hypo (as it appears)

-Glucose 80 (65-99)
-Uric Acid 4.9 (2.4-8.2)
-BUN 36 (5-26)
-Sodium 142 (135-148)
-Potassium 4.2 (3.5-5.5)
-Chloride 105 (96-109)
-Calcium 9.4 (8.5-10.6)
-Albumin 4.9 (3.5-5.5)
-Globulin 2.2 (1.5-4.5)
-A/G ratio 2.2 (1.1-2.5)
-Bilirubin 0.8 (0.1-1.2)
-LDH 168 (100-250)
-AST SGOT 77 (0-40)
-ALT SGPT 50 (0-55)
-GGT 15 (0-65)
-Iron 113 (40-155)

-HDL 76 (40-59)
-LDL 94 (0-99)

-TSH 7.762 (.350-5.5)
-Thyroxine 4.2 (4.5-12)
-T3 uptake 34 (24-39)

-WBC 4.2 (4-10.5)
-RBC 4.21 (4.10-5.60)
-Hematocrit 40.6 (36-50)
-MCV 96 (80-98)
-MCH 34.2 (27-34)
-MCHC 35.5 (32-36)
-RDW 13.9 (11.7-15)
-Platelets 146 (140-415)
-Neutrophils 30 (40-74)
-Lymphs 63 (14-46)
-Monocytes 4 (4-13)
-EOS 3 (0-7)
-Basos 0 (0-3)
-Basos absolute 0 (0-2)

Cortisol 24.3 (4.3-22.4)
Get FreeT3

Wait for Cpeil2 to comment on you blood, send him PM if wait is too long.

Yes, you need T, E, thyroid, adrenals adjustments but testosterone may not be your bigest problem.

Wait a little on what will come up on this thread, then you will have to have good talk with your parents.
-------------------------
cpeil2 post to get you started:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/846422-post14.html

CF10

CF10

Awards
Looks like you have kidney or liver issues. Sort those out first.
I see that too. I was hoping the BUN and Creatinine were only elevated due to taking creatine and having high protein in my diet, not because it indicates kidney failure. The liver issue concerns me but it is only the one enzyme, nothing else. Hopefully it isnt serious.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Get FreeT3

Wait for Cpeil2 to comment on you blood, send him PM if wait is too long.

Yes, you need T, E, thyroid, adrenals adjustments but testosterone may not be your bigest problem.

Wait a little on what will come up on this thread, then you will have to have good talk with your parents.
-------------------------
cpeil2 post to get you started:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/846422-post14.html

Adrenal imabalances and magnesium, zinc deficiency stick out like sore thumb look at Alkaline phosphotase its a zinc driven enyzme ..also reflect adrenal function too

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/alkaline_phosphatase.html

A decreased serum alkaline phosphatase may be due to:

Zinc deficiency.
Hypothyroidism.
Vitamin C deficiency/Scurvy.
Folic acid deficiency.
Excess Vitamin D intake.
Low phosphorus levels (hypophosphatasia)
Celiac disease.
Malnutrition with low protein assimilation (including low stomach acid production/hypochlorhydria).
Insufficient Parathyroid gland function. -
Pernicious anemia
Vitamin B6 insufficiency

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I see that too. I was hoping the BUN and Creatinine were only elevated due to taking creatine and having high protein in my diet, not because it indicates kidney failure. The liver issue concerns me but it is only the one enzyme, nothing else. Hopefully it isnt serious.
Nope probably from working out day or so before muscle breakdown will increase liver enyzmes

aculpep

Awards
Personally I think highly unlikely. That was the route I was going to take but I was told I'd still have to go see Dr. John for an initial visit anyway. I couldn't understand that. I'd either make the trip or find another doctor in your area. What state you in?
I am in the same bind as all my scripts have to go through my PCP and he doesn't know anything about HRT. I don't use insurance for anything except lab work myself because almost everything is so cheap it's not worth me hassling with my PCP.

I'd curious what your DHT level is.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Change from creatine to kre-alkalyn, that will fix up your creatanine and BUN count.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I will bank on e2/ thyroid/ adrenal imbalnaces

CF10

CF10

Awards
Nope probably from working out day or so before muscle breakdown will increase liver enyzmes
Yeah I worked out the afternoon before, and blood was drawn in the morning the next day. Praying that you are right about this.

Personally I think highly unlikely. That was the route I was going to take but I was told I'd still have to go see Dr. John for an initial visit anyway. I couldn't understand that. I'd either make the trip or find another doctor in your area. What state you in?
I am in the same bind as all my scripts have to go through my PCP and he doesn't know anything about HRT. I don't use insurance for anything except lab work myself because almost everything is so cheap it's not worth me hassling with my PCP.

I'd curious what your DHT level is.
I'm in Georgia. I'm going to the PCP tomorrow to show him my results. Not sure what he's gonna say, but I will ask him to work with Dr. John or at least refer me to someone who is experienced with adrenal fatigue, thyroid, and TRT.

Change from creatine to kre-alkalyn, that will fix up your creatanine and BUN count.
Thanks I will look into that.

aculpep

Awards
From the other board I see it was after you went through a cutting cycle for 6 months? Were you fine before that? I wouldnt think you'd need TRT if you were fine before cutting. I'd think you have some metabolic syndrome. Are you going to have more tests done, like LH and E2? If your LH is low then maybe some HCG to kickstart and some pregnenolone and dhea cream to give your body the building blocks it needs. Those are cheap.

CF10

CF10

Awards
From the other board I see it was after you went through a cutting cycle for 6 months? Were you fine before that? I wouldnt think you'd need TRT if you were fine before cutting. I'd think you have some metabolic syndrome. Are you going to have more tests done, like LH and E2? If your LH is low then maybe some HCG to kickstart and some pregnenolone and dhea cream to give your body the building blocks it needs. Those are cheap.

Yes I was fine before cutting and that would be GREAT if I didnt need TRT...believe me Im not some idiot just lookin to get scripts for testosterone. I am gonna have more tests done. I know I need LH, FSH, E2, and free T3 and T4. Anything else? I would hope my doctor would know what to test for but after reading more and more Im doubting this. Right now I think I'm just gonna take this list to him and tell him to run a test for all of it (it's from Dr. John's TRT paper):

•Total Testosterone
•Bioavailable Testosterone (AKA “Free and Loosely Bound”)
•Free Testosterone (if Bioavailable T is unavailable)
•SHBG
•DHT
•Estradiol (specify “ultrasensitive” assay for males)
•LH
•FSH
•Prolactin
•Cortisol
•Thyroid Panel
•CBC
•Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
•Lipid Profile

Is this a good start? I am trying to take as much knowledge into this visit as possible.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yes I was fine before cutting and that would be GREAT if I didnt need TRT...believe me Im not some idiot just lookin to get scripts for testosterone. I am gonna have more tests done. I know I need LH, FSH, E2, and free T3 and T4. Anything else? I would hope my doctor would know what to test for but after reading more and more Im doubting this. Right now I think I'm just gonna take this list to him and tell him to run a test for all of it (it's from Dr. John's TRT paper):

•Total Testosterone
•SHBG
•DHT
•LH
•FSH
•Prolactin
•Cortisol
•Thyroid Panel
•CBC
•Lipid Profile

Is this a good start? I am trying to take as much knowledge into this visit as possible.
Over training and under eating could have wacked out your thyroid it is known to do that !! but normally it should rebound some times you are up ****z creek with out a paddle and for some reason it never rebounds, but being pushed to the lmit mentally and phyiscally we need to pay the piper sometime down the road as more and more people are finally starting to see.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

-Glucose 80 (65-99)
-Uric Acid 4.9 (2.4-8.2)
-BUN 36 (5-26)
-Sodium 142 (135-148)
-Potassium 4.2 (3.5-5.5)
-Chloride 105 (96-109)
-Calcium 9.4 (8.5-10.6)
-Albumin 4.9 (3.5-5.5)
-Globulin 2.2 (1.5-4.5)
-A/G ratio 2.2 (1.1-2.5)
-Bilirubin 0.8 (0.1-1.2)
-LDH 168 (100-250)
-AST SGOT 77 (0-40)
-ALT SGPT 50 (0-55)
-GGT 15 (0-65)
-Iron 113 (40-155)

-HDL 76 (40-59)
-LDL 94 (0-99)

-TSH 7.762 (.350-5.5)
-Thyroxine 4.2 (4.5-12)
-T3 uptake 34 (24-39)

-WBC 4.2 (4-10.5)
-RBC 4.21 (4.10-5.60)
-Hematocrit 40.6 (36-50)
-MCV 96 (80-98)
-MCH 34.2 (27-34)
-MCHC 35.5 (32-36)
-RDW 13.9 (11.7-15)
-Platelets 146 (140-415)
-Neutrophils 30 (40-74)
-Lymphs 63 (14-46)
-Monocytes 4 (4-13)
-EOS 3 (0-7)
-Basos 0 (0-3)
-Basos absolute 0 (0-2)

Cortisol 24.3 (4.3-22.4)

Your neutrophil count is a little low - but not so low that you need to worry about it. Your absolute lymphocyte count is normal. The differential count is off because the reduced neutrophil count threw off the ratios.

I don't know what to make of the increased MCH (mean cellular hemoglobin). I suspect it is increased because at the time the blood was drawn, you might have been a little fluid-depleted. There is an outside chance it could be an anemia but you sure don't look like a guy with anemia.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Your neutrophil count is a little low - but not so low that you need to worry about it. Your absolute lymphocyte count is normal. The differential count is off because the reduced neutrophil count threw off the ratios.

I don't know what to make of the increased MCH (mean cellular hemoglobin). I suspect it is increased because at the time the blood was drawn, you might have been a little fluid-depleted. There is an outside chance it could be an anemia but you sure don't look like a guy with anemia.
look above !!

Zinc deficiency.
Hypothyroidism.
Folic acid deficiency.
Excess Vitamin D intake.
Celiac disease.
Malnutrition with low protein assimilation (including low stomach acid production/hypochlorhydria).
Pernicious anemia
Vitamin B6 insufficiency

CF10

CF10

Awards

Yes! I am glad to hear you say that about my neutrophils and lymphocytes. Upon initial observation I immediately thought I had very high lymphocytes and began to worry about having certain diseases. But once I read more about the meaning of the tests (the absolute lymphocyte count is ok) I realized it probably wasnt a problem, and some people just have lower neutrophils naturally.

I was probably was fluid depleted. I hadnt had water for about 10 hours at the time of the blood draw. Thanks for you analysis.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
look above !!

Zinc deficiency.
Hypothyroidism.
Folic acid deficiency.
Excess Vitamin D intake.
Celiac disease.
Pernicious anemia
Vitamin B6 insufficiency

What am I missing? He doesn't have low phosphorus, he doesn't have low alkaline phosphatase.

Yes, his TSH is very elevated and needs to be checked out. I think others already commented on it.

If he had anemia due to B6 or folate deficiency, one would expect to see increase in MCV. I still think a slight increase in MCH without any other RBC abrnormalities is probably not much to worry about.

Note also that I did not say that he did not have anemia, only that it was unlikely.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm no doctor. What is your bf%

It is my understanding that extreme low bf% has the potential to be counterproductive to ones health.

Like I said, I'm no Dr, just a thought.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

•Total Testosterone
•SHBG
•DHT
•LH
•FSH
•Prolactin
•Cortisol
•Thyroid Panel
•CBC
•Lipid Profile

If you can go to Quest for your T and E, use
-------------------
(Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total)
have following individual tests in it

Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
Testosterone Bioavailable
SHBG
Albumin, serum
-----------------------
Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Free

(Estradiol, Fractionated, serum)
contains following individual tests in it

Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive
Estrone,serum
Estriol

CF10

CF10

Awards
I'm no doctor. What is your bf%

It is my understanding that extreme low bf% has the potential to be counterproductive to ones health.

Like I said, I'm no Dr, just a thought.
I dont know exactly but I would guess close to 7%.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is very lean in either case. Just my opinion but a cheesburger and a beer EOD for a month might be the best script you could get.

I'm just kidding. But that sure is lean. I'd consider the possibility it could be of some influence in your anecdotal symptoms. Extreme low bf can cause significant impact on libido due to drops endogenous hormones. Leptin and other metabolic signals may be bottomed out as well. I don't know what your metabolism is like are your activity level is like. But you are in competition shape. I don't know if you can maintain that sedentarily or by energy exertion, in either case...just don't rule it out. Of course this is just my opinion. But I am sure that you could research symptoms of natural bb'ldrs who experience the same as what you describe and may very well have the same blood profiles and not know it.

Good luck. You are at least in the right place for some good advice by some smart guys.

CF10

CF10

Awards
Update

Well I just got back from the doctor, and basically he didnt tell me anything I didnt already know, but that is expected. First he went over my bloodwork. He told me that kidney values are too high for my age but that it could just be because I didnt have any water to drink before the test. Also, he was concerned with my thyroid most of all. He said my free testosterone was "a little low". Dont know if that is a good sign or a bad sign (at least he knew free test was the important reading not total test, but I wouldnt say its a little low I'd say its very low). Also he is wondering what caused my high liver enzyme. He said my results were weird....hmmm. Dont know what to make of that. He also said I may have mono or something else.....(this freaked me out)

He took some more blood and said he needed to run further tests based on what I showed him. I asked him specifically what he was looking for and what he thought. He said he wanted to test for HIV (I knew that was what he was thinking when he said "or something else"). So Im scared about that still. He also said he wanted to run more thyroid tests, and wanted to see if I had a problem with my HPTA, and he said that my cortisol test isnt very indicative due to the rises and falls in cortisol throughout the day so he's collected a urine sample (So at least he isnt clueless about cortisol and HPTA).

Good news is that he seemed to be more knowledgable about the total situation than I thought he might be. He didnt tell me protein and creatine was killing me :) . And he didnt tell me my testosterone was ok.

Bad news is he brought up HIV without me even asking. When I first saw my results for high lymphocyte % I freaked out and immediately thought I had HIV, but then I read more about it and realized that my % may be high compared to other WBC, but the absolute number is normal so I probably dont have it. He did say he really doubts that I have it too. But still, for the next week or so until I get my results back I think my cortisol will be on the rise even higher cause I'm stressing. They will call in about a week, then I have another appointment in 2 weeks where we will discuss a specialist pending the results of the tests.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bad news is he brought up HIV without me even asking.
Couple things I would like to say.

Im gonna possibly stir people up, but oh well.

If your a heterosexual male with no needle/drug history and never recieved blod transfusions, the chances of you getting HIV are extremely small. This is the dirty little secret about HIV that nobody likes to talk about(but I will ;) ) - Straight, non drug using men rarely get HIV. This is basically due to the physical mechanics of how HIV is passed. It takes alot of seminal fliud to pass it on. It can be passed threw vaginal fliud threw the uretha (from women to man) but this is about as likely as getting struck by a thunder bolt. This is why gay men get HIV easily. Yet you hardley ever hear about your straight friends getting it? This is why. And if they do, they probably have a little secret in the closet they are not talking about.

Secondly, its no suprise to me you have a great body with zero T. Alot of people here greatly underestimate the advantages of a young CNS and cardiovascular system. Those themselves, even without having a hormonal advantage, are still tremendous.

Third, I don't like your DR already.

CF10

CF10

Awards

If your a heterosexual male with no needle/drug history and never recieved blod transfusions, the chances of you getting HIV are extremely small. This is the dirty little secret about HIV that nobody likes to talk about(but I will ;) ) - Straight, non drug using men rarely get HIV. This is basically due to the physical mechanics of how HIV is passed. It takes alot of seminal fliud to pass it on. It can be passed threw vaginal fliud threw the uretha (from women to man) but this is about as likely as getting struck by a thunder bolt. This is why gay men get HIV easily. Yet you hardley ever hear about your straight friends getting it? This is why. And if they do, they probably have a little secret in the closet they are not talking about.

Secondly, its no suprise to me you have a great body with zero T. Alot of people here greatly underestimate the advantages of a young CNS and cardiovascular system. Those themselves, even without having a hormonal advantage, are still tremendous.

Third, I don't like your DR already.
OK great post it really makes me feel better. Adding to the list of reasons why it is improbable, it would have had to come from ONE time 4 yrs ago, from a girlfriend (not a hooker or a gay guy, lol). So its not likely.

But why dont you like the doctor, could you explain? Do you think he's doing something wrong already?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

If your a heterosexual male with no needle/drug history and never recieved blod transfusions, the chances of you getting HIV are extremely small. This is the dirty little secret about HIV that nobody likes to talk about(but I will ;)

What dirty little secret? It is common knowledge.

But, as you noted yourself, it does happen, even if it is pretty rare. Maybe the doc is being thorough. Maybe he is covering his ass.

If I were one of those rare heterosexual guys who contracts AIDS with no other risk factors than unprotected sex with women and the doc failed to diagnose it early because "straight guys just don't get AIDS," you bet I would do everything I could to nail him . . . and I would win.

CF10 can take a lot of comfort from the fact that the numbers are overwhelmingy in favor of his not having HIV. Besides, maybe I missed it, but where did CF10 tell us what his sexual orientation is?

Last edited:

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

But, as you noted yourself, it does happen, even if it is pretty rare. Maybe the doc is being thorough. Maybe he is covering his ass.

If I were one of those rare heterosexual guys who contracts AIDS with no other risk factors than unprotected sex with women and the doc failed to diagnose it early because "straight guys just don't get AIDS," you bet I would do everything I could to nail him . . . and I would win.

CF10 can take a lot of comfort from the fact that the numbers are overwhelmingy in favor of his not having HIV. Besides, maybe I missed it, but where did CF10 tell us what his sexual orientation is?

Ok, so he just told us.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Noticed I said "If " your a straight ;)

You would be surprised at how many people are still unaware at the fact that straight men have an extremely minute chance of getting HIV threw vaginal intercourse, even unprotected.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OK great post it really makes me feel better. Adding to the list of reasons why it is improbable, it would have had to come from ONE time 4 yrs ago, from a girlfriend (not a hooker or a gay guy, lol). So its not likely.

But why dont you like the doctor, could you explain? Do you think he's doing something wrong already?
Because your FT is horribly low and it doesn't look like he is in any rush to fix it

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Noticed I said "If " your a straight ;)

You would be surprised at how many people are still unaware at the fact that straight men have an extremely minute chance of getting HIV threw vaginal intercourse, even unprotected.

girl in heat will tell you anything just to get laid

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
, it would have had to come from ONE time 4 yrs ago, from a girlfriend (not a hooker or a gay guy, lol). So its not likely.
Hey the only difference between a hooker and a GF is that the hooker leaves after sex. You still end up paying for both :icon_lol:

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
CF10:

If I were your doctor, I would have asked some blunt questions: about drinking, diet, drug use (including any use of anabolic steroids without a prescription) and sexual activity. Only you really know if you have taken a risk that you should worry about. Plymouth City gave some good info. So, relax.

Part of the problem is that the hormone panel was not thorough. He does seem to be stalling a bit, but at the same time he does have to look at the WHOLE you and take care of any problem you might have. He may feel that he can't start treating thyroid or endocrine issues until he knows whether or not you have a potential auto-immune issue. I would agree, because there's a difference between "emergent" issues, and those you can live with as a lesser priority.

As you have discovered, he could have been more thorough in his testing orders. Just from the partial picture he got though, you do have some issues.

Don't freak out. (Easy for me to say, eh?)

Keep in touch with us.

CF10

CF10

Awards
Because your FT is horribly low and it doesn't look like he is in any rush to fix it
Yeah that struck me as odd too. I figured it would jump off the page at him but he said "a little low". And he kept talking about my thyroid being the reason why I am fatigued, which I think definitely plays a major role, but fatigue, loss of strength, and mental fog are symptoms of low T as well and I really suffer from that. Not to mention at 23 yrs old I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO libido at all. If T was just a little low it wouldnt be a problem, it would be an inconvenience. But this is a problem. If I had a GF or wife our relationship would probably be under a lot of strain right now due to that, thats how non-existant it is.

I will make sure to focus on the T more next visit.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah that struck me as odd too. I figured it would jump off the page at him but he said "a little low". And he kept talking about my thyroid being the reason why I am fatigued, which I think definitely plays a major role, but fatigue, loss of strength, and mental fog are symptoms of low T as well and I really suffer from that. Not to mention at 23 yrs old I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO libido at all. If T was just a little low it wouldnt be a problem, it would be an inconvenience. But this is a problem. If I had a GF or wife our relationship would probably be under a lot of strain right now due to that, thats how non-existant it is.

I will make sure to focus on the T more next visit.
Have you ever entertained the idea that the reason your thyroid is so messed up is partially low T related?

CF10

CF10

Awards
Have you ever entertained the idea that the reason your thyroid is so messed up is partially low T related?
I dont know what to think. I am trying to learn but there's so many different interconnecting mechanisms inside the human body that I dont know where to start or end. I need to know what caused everything to be off in the first place. Was it something I did or was it some kind of genetic disorder or even some kind of disease that I came in contact with? (rhetorical question, I dont expect you to know the answer :) I'm just typing what Im thinking)

Maybe the reason for one thing being wrong has absolutely nothing to do with the other things that are off. Maybe theyre all connected. I dont know. Right now I'm very confused. I just spent the last 2 hrs researching to see if low testosterone would have any impact on elevated BUN. My theory was that in the absence of test, my body isnt able to synthesize protein and hence the majority of protein I am consuming is being excreted, causing high BUN and kidney stress. But is this a dumb theory? I cant find much to support it so I guess it is. I'm just trying to learn so I can understand why this is happening to me right now.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont know what to think. I am trying to learn but there's so many different interconnecting mechanisms inside the human body that I dont know where to start or end. I need to know what caused everything to be off in the first place. Was it something I did or was it some kind of genetic disorder or even some kind of disease that I came in contact with? (rhetorical question, I dont expect you to know the answer :) I'm just typing what Im thinking)

Maybe the reason for one thing being wrong has absolutely nothing to do with the other things that are off. Maybe theyre all connected. I dont know. Right now I'm very confused. I just spent the last 2 hrs researching to see if low testosterone would have any impact on elevated BUN. My theory was that in the absence of test, my body isnt able to synthesize protein and hence the majority of protein I am consuming is being excreted, causing high BUN and kidney stress. But is this a dumb theory? I cant find much to support it so I guess it is. I'm just trying to learn so I can understand why this is happening to me right now.

Do not stress. A year ago I knew nothing, nowadays I could blow away pretty much 99 percent of the endo's in this country. You will learn. Work hard. By looking at your build, I can see you have the "It" thing that seperates hard workers from those that aren't.

You are probably fine, your kidneys are probably fine. Excessive exercise and lack of fliud probably skewered those results.

Another question - Any prohormone use, and what kind of supps you take in the past? Any 6 oxy? Etc....

CF10

CF10

Awards
Do not stress. A year ago I knew nothing, nowadays I could blow away pretty much 99 percent of the endo's in this country. You will learn. Work hard. By looking at your build, I can see you have the "It" thing that seperates hard workers from those that aren't.

You are probably fine, your kidneys are probably fine. Excessive exercise and lack of fliud probably skewered those results.

Another question - Any prohormone use, and what kind of supps you take in the past? Any 6 oxy? Etc....

Thanks. I like to think of myself as someone who doesnt fail, at anything at all. That drive did lead to my development of this physique and your words really inspire me further.

PH use. I used nordiol/4ad about 2 and half yrs ago. I used 1ad/4ad about 2 yrs ago. Proper post cycle therapy was included (nolva and 6-oxo, plus other ancillaries). I was very responsible about the cycles and I never had any problems at all during the cycles or PCT. I never felt shutdown, although I may have been, but since then I have definitely been fine hormonally. I cant say for sure about the liver, but the only oral was the 1ad, everything else was transdermal.

I didnt do bloodwork back then but I am almost 100% confident that my hormonal problems now are not due to those cycles over 2 yrs ago. Of course, I could always be wrong, who knows.

EDIT: Oh yeah, about the time I started feeling like crap in February, was just about the time I started taking Melting Point which contains TTA. TTA's safety has been debated. I searched and searched for health problems while supplementing TTA and didnt find anything. Designer Supplements reps just told me that lethargy was expected on it so I thought it was normal. Maybe TTA did something to me or maybe it was just a coincidence.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't kid yourself. You could not "blow away" any doctor. Reading a few things here and there most doctors have not seen yet does not mean you could make it through morning rounds. You have no idea how much doctors have to learn just to be behind the times. lol
I have read
Endocrinology of Aging - Google Book Search
Endocrine Disrupters: Biological Basis for ... - Google Book Search
Principles and Practice of Endocrinology and ... - Google Book Search

I spend at least 3 hours a day studying.

My sister in law owns her own med practice. I have all of her old books, papers, articles, EVERYTHING. I speak with the endo she goes threw at the hostpital all the time. I have free access to ALOT of information and other things that others do not. I kid you not, he thinks that T levels shouldn't be altered unless they go "Below Range" and a TSH of 4 is "Fine" and T4 and T3 levels are unnecessary to test for "unless TSH shows up over 5".

In HRT matter speaking, I could hang with many of them :head: Obviously my oncology isn't up to par, but alot of the basics I have down pat - Im a pharm student dropout from Wayne State. After I interned at CVS I just couldn't ethically pursue that field anymore.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is TTA?

TetradecylThioacetic Acid (TTA). TTA is a 3-thia fatty acid which increases mitochondrial activity, which in itself provides numerous benefits. Insulin resistance is strongly linked to the reduction of glucose oxidation in mitochondria and a subsequent build up of glycolysis byproducts. Adipocytes also contribute hormones when fat is stored in them, so, the more fat you are carrying, the more inhibition of mitochondrial function you have (1). Mitochondria proteins function mainly to produce ATP, enhancing their function will, in short, burn more fuel. TTA enhances mitochondrial oxidative capacity and reduces free fatty acid and triglyceride levels as described below.

http://www.supplements.net/DCP-RPN-Damage-Control-Protocol-p/dcp 180caps.htm

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I like to think of myself as someone who doesnt fail, at anything at all. That drive did lead to my development of this physique and your words really inspire me further.

PH use. I used nordiol/4ad about 2 and half yrs ago. I used 1ad/4ad about 2 yrs ago. Proper post cycle therapy was included (nolva and 6-oxo, plus other ancillaries). I was very responsible about the cycles and I never had any problems at all during the cycles or post cycle therapy. I never felt shutdown, although I may have been, but since then I have definitely been fine hormonally. I cant say for sure about the liver, but the only oral was the 1ad, everything else was transdermal.

I didnt do bloodwork back then but I am almost 100% confident that my hormonal problems now are not due to those cycles over 2 yrs ago. Of course, I could always be wrong, who knows.

EDIT: Oh yeah, about the time I started feeling like crap in February, was just about the time I started taking Melting Point which contains TTA. TTA's safety has been debated. I searched and searched for health problems while supplementing TTA and didnt find anything. Designer Supplements reps just told me that lethargy was expected on it so I thought it was normal. Maybe TTA did something to me or maybe it was just a coincidence.

How much sun do you get a day ? you stay inside alot? My freind thought I was crazy when I told him how important vitamin D is and that I bet him 200 bucks that when shippen had it tested it be low. When I say his blood results I saw low fsh and lh and before turning to next page i said "i bet your vitamin D levels is in the crapper" and it was 19 (20-100) 25 oh. i said no wonder you been havin herpes out breaks!!