Cortisol...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Cortisol...


    What is the best way to contol cortisol (aside from anabolics)...?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    What is the best way to contol cortisol (aside from anabolics)...?
    Hi or low need to identify which when and where before trying to self diagnose one self
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Hi or low need to identify which when and where before trying to self diagnose one self
    not trying to self diagnose....

    my saliva results were as follows....

    Cortisol

    @9:30 am 5.9ng/ml range 3-8
    @2 pm 1.8ng/ml range 2-4
    @6pm 1.0 range 1-2
    @ 10 pm 0.7 range 0.5-1.5

    thAT was a test from ZRT labs....

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Your cortisol levels are perfect--why would you think of trying to "control" them?
    Dr hit it right on the spot as he usually does. afternoon may dip because if you are dealing with issues frome work is all.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Dr hit it right on the spot as he usually does. afternoon may dip because if you are dealing with issues frome work is all.
    No cortisol levels are highest first thing in the morning this helps us to get going. later from noon on it goes down this is normal so by bed time it should be it's lowest this way you can sleep. There is not one thing wrong with his cortisol levels. I see test that are first thing in the morning are 1.5 now this is not good can be anything.
    ASI Stage One
    Thyroid and adrenal dysfunction: the diagnosis and treatment of an endemic syndrome
    Large Selye Chart
    Phil
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Your cortisol levels are perfect--why would you think of trying to "control" them?
    """Cortisol is normal in the morning, low at noon, and returns to a normal level in the evening and at night. A lower noon cortisol can be caused by adrenal exhaustion or the use of hormonal supplements that cause a temporal (several hours following medication) suppression of cortisol synthesis by the adrenal glands or an increase in the rate of hepatic cortisol metabolism/clearance. Adrenal exhaustion is most commonly caused by stress (emotional), sleep deprivation, poor diet (low protein-particularly problematic in vegetarians), nutrient deficiencies (particularly low vitamins C and B5), and low levels of cortiso precursors (pregnenolone and progesterone) Excessive androgen replacement therapy (DHEA or testosterone) or the use of synthetic glucocorticoids can cause a transient lowering of adrenal cortisol synthesis (inhibits CRH/ACTH axis) which results in lowered cortisol levels for several hours following hormone use. Thyroid therapy increases hepatic clearance of cortisol, which could also cause a transient lowering of cortisol for several hours following thyroid therapy. A normal daily output of cortisol is essential to maintain normal metabolic activity, help regulate steady state glucose levels for the brain, and optimize immune function. Cortisol levels dropping below range may result in fatigue, sugar craving, and many of the symptoms of thyroid deficiency (e.g. feeling cold, low libido, depression, anxiety). Normal physiological levels of cortisol are essential for optimal thyroid function. For additional information about strategies for supporting adrenal health the following books are worth reading:
    "Adrenal Fatigue", by James L. Wilson, N.D., D.C., Ph.D.; "The Cortisol Connection", by Shawn Talbott, Ph.D.; "The End of Stress As We Know It" by Bruce McEwen; "Awakening Athena" by Kenna Stephenson, MD; "Thyroid Power", by Richard Shames, MD""""""""


    The above results and comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be construed as medical advice. Please consult your healthcare practitioner for diagnosis and




    Copyright20OS. ZRT Laboratory, LLC. and Insyst Informalion

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Your cortisol levels are perfect--why would you think of trying to "control" them?
    In addition to the above summary, I cant, no matter how strict a diet, get rid of low ab fat....Im low BF and lean and cut everywhere else.....Could be estrogen problem also....?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    No cortisol levels are highest first thing in the morning this helps us to get going. later from noon on it goes down this is normal so by bed time it should be it's lowest this way you can sleep. There is not one thing wrong with his cortisol levels. I see test that are first thing in the morning are 1.5 now this is not good can be anything.
    ASI Stage One
    Thyroid and adrenal dysfunction: the diagnosis and treatment of an endemic syndrome
    Large Selye Chart
    Phil
    Thankx for the links-I have to read those a few times and try to grasp all the info..........Im treating thyroid/adrenals currently....I cant stay awake in the afternoons...any idea why...?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Thankx for the links-I have to read those a few times and try to grasp all the info..........Im treating thyroid/adrenals currently....I cant stay awake in the afternoons...any idea why...?
    what are you eating for lunch because you could be having an insulin imbalance and adjusting diet may all that may be needed to over come this. Where I used to work I used to watch fat people eat lunch and then by 2 pm there ass would be dragging. You might want to try 200 mcgs chromium at lunch time and see if that help you out for stabilizing insulin levels. Are you also taking thyroid medicine because some times it can cause your adrenals to fluctaute. But your cortisol levels look GOOD. May be add alittle b-5 500 mgs at lunch time and see how you feel thats all you might need to get you over the hump

  10. Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Thankx for the links-I have to read those a few times and try to grasp all the info..........Im treating thyroid/adrenals currently....I cant stay awake in the afternoons...any idea why...?
    Ok were you treating your adrenals when you did this test if so the test is not any good. What are you treat them with if HC the test is not any good you need to be off HC for 2 weeks to retest. And to come off HC is dam hard if your adrenals are in bad shape.
    Phil

  11. Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Ok were you treating your adrenals when you did this test if so the test is not any good. What are you treat them with if HC the test is not any good you need to be off HC for 2 weeks to retest. And to come off HC is dam hard if your adrenals are in bad shape.
    Phil
    No...Wasnt treating adrenals when the test was done....

  12. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    what are you eating for lunch because you could be having an insulin imbalance and adjusting diet may all that may be needed to over come this. Where I used to work I used to watch fat people eat lunch and then by 2 pm there ass would be dragging. You might want to try 200 mcgs chromium at lunch time and see if that help you out for stabilizing insulin levels. Are you also taking thyroid medicine because some times it can cause your adrenals to fluctaute. But your cortisol levels look GOOD. May be add alittle b-5 500 mgs at lunch time and see how you feel thats all you might need to get you over the hump
    Lunch is usually a 12 " tuna on wheat....

  13. Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Lunch is usually a 12 " tuna on wheat....
    Try eating half the bread

  14. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Try eating half the bread
    too many carbs...?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    too many carbs...?
    Could be causing a drop in blood sugar and people that have thyroid and/or adrenal issues do have insulin imbalances. TRy some tuna and some legumes on a nice salad with some EVO and see how you feel. You just may need some good fats to slow down carb absorption. if you get tired at 2 pm then at 1 45 have a hand full of raw cashews, almonds if you eat your regular tuna sandwhich or just have tuna salad with EVO and may be a small yam. try differnt combinations, but raw nuts always used to level me out

  16. E2 could be the problem

    What are all of you sides?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by ECTOmorph View Post
    E2 could be the problem

    What are all of you sides?
    Not sure what you define as sides...?

    I just looked thru my bloodwork, and I cant find a result for E2...Only thing I have is saliva test levels from the ZRT test....

  18. Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Not sure what you define as sides...?

    I just looked thru my bloodwork, and I cant find a result for E2...Only thing I have is saliva test levels from the ZRT test....
    How are you taking your HC I am low in the morning so I do 10mgs first thing in the morning. You can try 5mgs in the mornig and 10 at noon when you feel down.

  19. [QUOTE=pmgamer18;734793]How are you taking your HC I am low in the morning so I do 10mgs first thing in the morning. You can try 5mgs in the mornig and 10 at noon when you feel down.[/QUOTE


    HC is what exactly, lol...?

  20. Sides as in side effects?

    Fatigue
    Low sex drive
    ect

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ECTOmorph View Post
    Sides as in side effects?

    Fatigue
    Low sex drive
    ect
    Symptoms....Whe you said sides I was thinkin...never mind....

    Tired in the am, low ab fat (thats the only place), inability to concentrate, memory, remembering and comprehending, hi's n lows, etc

  22. Since taking cortisol for adrenal fatigue verified by Salvia testing is it possible that not taking DHEA along with it could be giving me all the possible side effects such as memory loss, muscle mass drop, and erectile dysfunction because of the catabolic effects of the HC. Prgmmer mentioned that DHEA was increased when he started HC, but he was also on HCG and dhea to begin with so he had more things feeding the pathways. Well I am waiting for the test resutls to get back. I think taking DHEA with HC will help to offset the side effects associtated with elevated cortisol. Since they do balance each other.

  23. Could taking HCG actually also increase DHEA levels as well?

    This may be what has happening to me

    Taking the cortisol is working wonders but its causing depletion of dhea levels..
    DHEA
    Balances the effects of Glucocorticoids


    USE DHEA with Glucocorticoieds
    ACTH stimulates release of Cortisol and DHEA from the adrenal cortex
    Catabolic effects of Glucocorticoids (GC) are counteracted by anabolic effects of DHEA
    DHEA ameliorates some deleterious effects of GC, such as diabetes, amino acid deamination, fattiness, hypertension and susceptibility to viraemia.
    DHEA may compensate for GC secreted by adrenal cortex
    Decreased DHEA in aging, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus
    DHEA and Glucocorticoids
    Giving GC decreases ACTH and Decreases DHEA
    Deleterious side effects of GC: muscular weakness, atrophy and necrosis, diabetes, fattiness, osteopenia, osteoporosis and avascular necrosis and susceptibility to infections
    Robinzon B. Should dehydroepiandrosterone replacement therapy be provided with glucocorticoids?
    Rheumatology (Oxford) 1999 Jun;38(6):488-95

  24. [QUOTE=christopher;734817]
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    How are you taking your HC I am low in the morning so I do 10mgs first thing in the morning. You can try 5mgs in the mornig and 10 at noon when you feel down.[/QUOTE


    HC is what exactly, lol...?
    hydrocortisone I take cortef 5mgs 4 x's a day what are you doing to treat your Adrenals.
    Phil

  25. [QUOTE=pmgamer18;735169]
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post

    hydrocortisone I take cortef 5mgs 4 x's a day what are you doing to treat your Adrenals.
    Phil
    Adrenal Herbal Support

    Adrenal Rebuilder Formula

    lodaed for 2 weeks on iodide and then started on NATURE-THYROID (TM) NT-1 ....they are 1 grain tabs and I take 1/2 tab daily in am.....Western research is the co.

    Naturethroid -- Thyroid Drug Information Database -- Thyroid Drugs & Manufacturers -- Synthroid, Levothyroxine, Armour, Cytomel, T3 and More
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. lowering cortisol? what ways..
    By LakeMountD in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 06:52 PM
  2. Stress, cortisol, and muscle breakdown...
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 01:23 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 08:46 PM
  4. Cortisol: Good or Bad?
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Log in
Log in