Cortisol...

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    . But you need to be on HRT to get the full benefits and supplement all pathways.
    can u explain this...?

2. Running with the Big Boys

You should not HCG unless being monitored by DR while on HRT. Its nothing to experiment with..
  3. Registered User

You should not HCG unless being monitored by DR while on HRT. Its nothing to experiment with..

yeah, but I meant the "supplement all of the pathways" statement.....
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys

Hcg stimulates the cytochrome P450 which triggers progesterone, cortisol, LH, estrogen, pregnanolone, dhea, ect

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...ocol-john.html
  5. Registered User

Hcg stimulates the cytochrome P450 which triggers progesterone, cortisol, LH, estrogen, pregnanolone, dhea, ect
    got ya....basically, you are saying that hcg, and its relationship w/test and its supplementation, is the key to acheiving "BALANCE"...? And, that while progesterone is not to be supplemented directly, it is an essenial piece is achieving overall balance ......?

So, my confusion surrounding progesterone was not the hormones necessity, but how to stimulate appropriate levels.....
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    so essentally, you are saying that the hormone progesterone, bioidentically produced and supplemented, is not a valid option for males, yet, stimulating progesterone production via HCG supplementation is a valid choice...?

So assuming low progesterone levels, and progesterone serves as a natural anti-aromatase and 5 ar inhibitor, HCG is a better solution that direct supplementation via bio-id prog...?
    Is this statement correct. Anybody with references, please post them.

My tests:
    Progesterone----1.4ng/dL (0.3-1.2)
    Pregnenolone----23ng/dL (10–200) LOW
  7. Running with the Big Boys

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post

My tests:
    Pregnenolone----23ng/dL (10200) LOW
    Because low thyroid
    Several studies verify low hypothyroid run parellel with low dhea-s and pregnenolone levels

Ok jansz would low esteogen levels prevent you from being able to build muscle probably due to inability to retain sodium is my guess.
  8. Registered User

Because low thyroid
    Several studies verify low hypothyroid

you can verify by taking temp. under arm in am before arising ....
  9. Registered User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher
    so essentally, you are saying that the hormone progesterone, bioidentically produced and supplemented, is not a valid option for males, yet, stimulating progesterone production via HCG supplementation is a valid choice...?

So assuming low progesterone levels, and progesterone serves as a natural anti-aromatase and 5 ar inhibitor, HCG is a better solution that direct supplementation via bio-id prog...?

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post

My tests:
    Pregnenolone----23ng/dL (10200) LOW

The reason I was supplementing w/progesterone..... ""Progestrone may help to inhibit the conversion of androgens to estrogens as well as serve as a precursor for cortisol synthesis when cortisol levels are low...Progesterone is also a natural inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase, which converts testosterone to dihydrotesterone (DHT) within target cells. Thus adaqueate progesterone, which is both anti-estrogen as well as anti androgen, amy play an important role in preventing growth of prostate cancer""" ZRT Labs Summary and recommendations after my saliva tests.....

I need to get my progesterone levels retested by a different method to verify that they are low, since Dr John told me saliva test for progesterone is invalid......But, if you are losing hair and defecient in progesterone.....Fin works as a 5-ar inhibitor only, with unreliable results/side effects, while prog is a naturally occuring hormone in the body which serves in a similar fashion...although it has feminizing effects in large dose, or perhapps any dose bio-identically, stimulating it through alternate supplementation to achieve healthy levels should work more effectively that implementing propecia/advodart to correct a condition that does not involve an imbalance, and perhaps creating one.....That ties into multiple theories of the cause of hairloss, dht and estrogen, and IMO, helps to achieve balance....Balance is the goal or any trt or bio-id program, and alos in the hairloss game...i think they ALL tie together .....Balance is also key is psychological well bieng also....

Noone is defecient in propecia......
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stress, cortisol, and muscle breakdown...
    By Jergo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 11:23 PM
  2. lowering cortisol? what ways..
    By LakeMountD in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 10:34 AM
  3. At the 1 hour mark: finish workout or avoid cortisol and stop?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:46 PM
  4. Cortisol: Good or Bad?
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 07:11 PM