HRT-This ones a thinker

  1. New Member
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

    HRT-This ones a thinker


    I was put on hrt when a blood test came back showing I had low test levels(346). I was put on a gel made by a compound pharmicist(got me up to the high 500's). I had been on the gel for nearly a year before I was taken off by my doctor.(she said I would be chemically castrated if I used the gel for too long)
    I then went into the Docs protocol of a serm(I used Nolvadex)and a ai(I used Rebound XT). I did this for 4 weeks, then when the cycle was over I waited 3 weeks before going to a new doctor for all new blood tests, checking everything. The lady I went to see is top notch here where I live. When my test results came back my test was 663, the only thing in question was my liver was a little high, and so was cholesterol, but nothing the doctor was really concerend with.
    So I am curious as to why my test was so high when I had not been on gel for nearly 2 months and had been off the serm-ai combo for 3 weeks?

  2. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4375
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    45.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    What time of day was the low result taken?
  3. New Member
    mikandrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    16.63%

    Any fluctuations in body weight/lean body mass since the first test? Also, the reduction in E2 may have been what you needed all along (even though an anti-E should not be used solo for HRT). Perhaps, once you got that in check, your results may be long-lasting.

    Mike
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    What time of day was the low result taken?
    The low result came on an empty stomach in the morning, that is actually when I have taken every test.
  5. New Member
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by mikandrea View Post
    Any fluctuations in body weight/lean body mass since the first test? Also, the reduction in E2 may have been what you needed all along (even though an anti-E should not be used solo for HRT). Perhaps, once you got that in check, your results may be long-lasting.

    Mike
    Yes, from the time of the first test I was 252 lbs. 13% bf, and I have lost 25 lbs.(not sure of bf yet I still want to lose another 10 lbs)
    That is what I thought that maybe I fixed something by doing the serm+ai protocol, but the 2 docs I talked too said it was very unlikely, yet possible. I go back in a few weeks for another test.
  6. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    I was put on hrt when a blood test came back showing I had low test levels(346). I was put on a gel made by a compound pharmicist(got me up to the high 500's). I had been on the gel for nearly a year before I was taken off by my doctor.(she said I would be chemically castrated if I used the gel for too long)
    I then went into the Docs protocol of a serm(I used Nolvadex)and a ai(I used Rebound XT). I did this for 4 weeks, then when the cycle was over I waited 3 weeks before going to a new doctor for all new blood tests, checking everything. The lady I went to see is top notch here where I live. When my test results came back my test was 663, the only thing in question was my liver was a little high, and so was cholesterol, but nothing the doctor was really concerend with.
    So I am curious as to why my test was so high when I had not been on gel for nearly 2 months and had been off the serm-ai combo for 3 weeks?
    Have you had your thyroid panel down ft4, ft3, tsh ,TPO,ect
    or your homocystein, cortisol levels checked? ITs great you found a good endo because they are hard to come by thats for sure.
  7. New Member
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    How did you feel prior to TRT, during the "post cycle therapy" and now?
    Prior to TRT I felt lethargic alot, restless sleep, and around mid-afternoon I felt like crashing(that is most days, not all). During my post cycle therapy my energy increased, along with focus, but for some reason I got real aggressive and very short tempered. Now I feel good, I have lost some weight during all of this(because of diet and training)and I am back to my old self as far as the aggression.
  8. New Member
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Have you had your thyroid panel down ft4, ft3, tsh ,TPO,ect
    or your homocystein, cortisol levels checked? ITs great you found a good endo because they are hard to come by thats for sure.
    I do not have my chart in front of me, but I do know we checked thyroid, I honestly am not sure about the ft4, ft3 and so on you got there but I can look. This lady is awesome, she makes the whole experience very easy and comfortable. She is also alot of fun to cut up with, real funny.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Did we miss this one?
    By jboogie in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 11:55 AM
  2. HRT - Which one to choose?
    By lobsterman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 10:23 AM
  3. blended esters...how about this one
    By zeromagnus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:11 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 02:38 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in