HRT-This ones a thinker

anatolian

Awards
I was put on hrt when a blood test came back showing I had low test levels(346). I was put on a gel made by a compound pharmicist(got me up to the high 500's). I had been on the gel for nearly a year before I was taken off by my doctor.(she said I would be chemically castrated if I used the gel for too long)
I then went into the Docs protocol of a serm(I used Nolvadex)and a ai(I used Rebound XT). I did this for 4 weeks, then when the cycle was over I waited 3 weeks before going to a new doctor for all new blood tests, checking everything. The lady I went to see is top notch here where I live. When my test results came back my test was 663, the only thing in question was my liver was a little high, and so was cholesterol, but nothing the doctor was really concerend with.
So I am curious as to why my test was so high when I had not been on gel for nearly 2 months and had been off the serm-ai combo for 3 weeks?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
What time of day was the low result taken?

mikandrea

Awards
Any fluctuations in body weight/lean body mass since the first test? Also, the reduction in E2 may have been what you needed all along (even though an anti-E should not be used solo for HRT). Perhaps, once you got that in check, your results may be long-lasting.

Mike

anatolian

Awards
Any fluctuations in body weight/lean body mass since the first test? Also, the reduction in E2 may have been what you needed all along (even though an anti-E should not be used solo for HRT). Perhaps, once you got that in check, your results may be long-lasting.

Mike
Yes, from the time of the first test I was 252 lbs. 13% bf, and I have lost 25 lbs.(not sure of bf yet I still want to lose another 10 lbs)
That is what I thought that maybe I fixed something by doing the serm+ai protocol, but the 2 docs I talked too said it was very unlikely, yet possible. I go back in a few weeks for another test.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I was put on hrt when a blood test came back showing I had low test levels(346). I was put on a gel made by a compound pharmicist(got me up to the high 500's). I had been on the gel for nearly a year before I was taken off by my doctor.(she said I would be chemically castrated if I used the gel for too long)
I then went into the Docs protocol of a serm(I used Nolvadex)and a ai(I used Rebound XT). I did this for 4 weeks, then when the cycle was over I waited 3 weeks before going to a new doctor for all new blood tests, checking everything. The lady I went to see is top notch here where I live. When my test results came back my test was 663, the only thing in question was my liver was a little high, and so was cholesterol, but nothing the doctor was really concerend with.
So I am curious as to why my test was so high when I had not been on gel for nearly 2 months and had been off the serm-ai combo for 3 weeks?
Have you had your thyroid panel down ft4, ft3, tsh ,TPO,ect
or your homocystein, cortisol levels checked? ITs great you found a good endo because they are hard to come by thats for sure.

anatolian

Awards
How did you feel prior to TRT, during the "post cycle therapy" and now?
Prior to TRT I felt lethargic alot, restless sleep, and around mid-afternoon I felt like crashing(that is most days, not all). During my post cycle therapy my energy increased, along with focus, but for some reason I got real aggressive and very short tempered. Now I feel good, I have lost some weight during all of this(because of diet and training)and I am back to my old self as far as the aggression.

anatolian

Awards
Have you had your thyroid panel down ft4, ft3, tsh ,TPO,ect
or your homocystein, cortisol levels checked? ITs great you found a good endo because they are hard to come by thats for sure.
I do not have my chart in front of me, but I do know we checked thyroid, I honestly am not sure about the ft4, ft3 and so on you got there but I can look. This lady is awesome, she makes the whole experience very easy and comfortable. She is also alot of fun to cut up with, real funny.