Input on starting HRT after cycle.

Rogue85

Awards
Hi there looking for input on going to a HRT clinic after ending a cycle. Been on 300mg of Test C for 12 weeks and just finished. My consultation is on February 18 and blood draw a few weeks after the consultation. Should I run clomid tell I get blood drawn or no pct. I'm 36 years old and the last time I checked my natural test it was around 375. My sex drive, energy and over all well being is drastically better on testosterone so I feel like taking the jump in to TRT. I ask cause I'm worried my FSH and LH will be suppressed still a month later and throw up red flags.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is tough and timing is important. Your testosterone is going to be very high for about 2-3 weeks after your last injection. Then the clomid is going to have your testosterone elevated and it's going to stay elevated for at least a month or 2 months after you stop taking it and then it kinda levels off to whatever your actually producing. So if your goal is to know what your testosterone levels really are then wait at least a month or 2 after the clomid before testing.

If your goal is to get on trt then no pct and don't t get your levels tested till about 30 days after the last injection of testosterone, pick up some tadalafil and something to boost libido if your a little worried about that stuff.

This is not expert or medical advice. It's just how I personally would go about it.
Hi there looking for input on going to a HRT clinic after ending a cycle. Been on 300mg of Test C for 12 weeks and just finished. My consultation is on February 18 and blood draw a few weeks after the consultation. Should I run clomid tell I get blood drawn or no pct. I'm 36 years old and the last time I checked my natural test it was around 375. My sex drive, energy and over all well being is drastically better on testosterone so I feel like taking the jump in to TRT. I ask cause I'm worried my FSH and LH will be suppressed still a month later and throw up red flags.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the input. It will be a month by the time I get my blood test for the HRT clinic. Will LH and FSH bounce back with out PCT. Cause other post say if those are suppes

Thanks for the info. Should I keep using a AI to keep estrogen in check ?
That's all a guessing game, without bloodwork you don't really know what's going on. So taking this or that is a total guess. Kinda a double edge sword seeing how you need blood work to know but can't get blood work lol, sorry, funny but not funny. The body loves homeostasis, as long as your still capable of producing your own natural hormones then everything should start to level out on its own, but to what degree no1 knows.

Rogue85

Awards
Thanks for the input would running my AI for a couple more weeks be a good idea. Other wise I will end up with high estrogen and low test after the test clears my system.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't even begin to guess what you should or shouldn't do, it's a crap shoot. I would just stop pinning, wait about 30 days (or longer) and get a blood test

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the input would running my AI for a couple more weeks be a good idea. Other wise I will end up with high estrogen and low test after the test clears my system.
Sorry I don't have a answer, I would think it would be ok but at the same time you don't wanna crush your estrogen if there's not a lot there to begin with. Again I would look at my bloodwork to figure out if I needed a ai.

You could try it and worst case scenario something feels wrong you drop the ai. Maybe someone who's been a similar situation might have a better idea.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sorry I don't have a answer, I would think it would be ok but at the same time you don't wanna crush your estrogen if there's not a lot there to begin with. Again I would look at my bloodwork to figure out if I needed a ai.

You could try it and worst case scenario something feels wrong you drop the ai. Maybe someone who's been a similar situation might have a better idea.
Give me a min I'm gonna tag in a couple guys who might be able to help.

Rogue85

Awards
My estrogen was very high on cycle when I got my labs done so I added an AI.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My estrogen was very high on cycle when I got my labs done so I added an AI.
Very high estrogen on 300 test, that blows. As a precaution then you might wanna continue with a small dose, I'm trying to think who might be better suited for this quest but I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe @Renew1 @CroLifter @Mathb33

Any of you guys got a answer for this? I feel like no matter what I'd be guessing in this situation

Rogue85

Awards
So I talked to my buddy that goes to this clinic. He went in only 2 weeks after ending cycle and was honest about previous cycle use and they still put him on 200mg a week of Cypionate. It's a anti aging clinic so I'm not sure if they are more willing to work with people then a TRT clinic.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I talked to my buddy that goes to this clinic. He went in only 2 weeks after ending cycle and was honest about previous cycle use and they still put him on 200mg a week of Cypionate. It's a anti aging clinic so I'm not sure if they are more willing to work with people then a TRT clinic.
I missed that part, a lot of anti-aging clinics are basically overpriced legal drug dealers lol. That being said, your buddy obviously found one of the clinics that doesn't really have your health or anything in mind, they just wanna get the script out there. So if that's the clinic your going to then you can probably do what he did, if it's a different clinic it's not a guarantee your going to have the same outcome

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very high estrogen on 300 test, that blows. As a precaution then you might wanna continue with a small dose, I'm trying to think who might be better suited for this quest but I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe @Renew1 @CroLifter @Mathb33

Any of you guys got a answer for this? I feel like no matter what I'd be guessing in this situation
Basically yes, you want lower e2 coming into pct, also coming off pct you will want to run some aromasin after yout stop nolva clomid to prevent rebound suppression.

Absoutely use an ai coming into pct, serms are competitive and its advantageous to your recovery to have lower e2 levels in pct.

On cycle high e2 is great for mass if you can tolerate it, coming off not so much.

long term high e2 is probably not healthy, but ideally you want both your T and e2 within the reference range when were talking long term replacement anyway.

Edit: i see you are concerned bout low lh and fsh. In that case for SURE bring that estro down. High estro will keep those suppressed.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Basically yes, you want lower e2 coming into pct, also coming off pct you will want to run some aromasin after yout stop nolva clomid to prevent rebound suppression.

Absoutely use an ai coming into pct, serms are competitive and its advantageous to your recovery to have lower e2 levels in pct.

On cycle high e2 is great for mass if you can tolerate it, coming off not so much.

long term high e2 is probably not healthy, but ideally you want both your T and e2 within the reference range when were talking long term replacement anyway.
What he's asking I think is that in a scenario where he skips PCT because he has to get blood work from the trt doc, would it make sense to still use a ai to keep estrogen under control

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

So during that 30-day period while he's letting the testosterone clear out and get low or crash completely before he gets his blood work, would you still want to take an AI during that time frame.

I've actually seen some guys back in the day who just used HCG and an AI for their PCT. And recovered just fine, but in this guy's scenario there is no HCG creating extra estrogen he's just trying to let everything clear out

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I missed that part, a lot of anti-aging clinics are basically overpriced legal drug dealers lol. That being said, your buddy obviously found one of the clinics that doesn't really have your health or anything in mind, they just wanna get the script out there. So if that's the clinic your going to then you can probably do what he did, if it's a different clinic it's not a guarantee your going to have the same outcome
I look at this a little differently. He knows he was on the low end prior to his cycle. He knows he feels better with supplemental testosterone. So we know he subjectively benefits from testosterone. I was in a similar situation(was switching from one clinic to another) and told them I was not going to come off to prove I had a medical condition I have had for a decade. They agreed.

Them not requiring him to even temporarily suffer in order to prove a need could be looked at positively. Now I am not saying this is what they are doing but no sense in him having ultralow levels even temporarily if they don't require it.

OP I would tell them you have experimented with self-guided TRT but are now looking to have your care professionally managed they should have no issue with that.

Rogue85

Awards
So during that 30-day period while he's letting the testosterone clear out and get low or crash completely before he gets his blood work, would you still want to take an AI during that time frame.

I've actually seen some guys back in the day who just used HCG and an AI for their PCT. And recovered just fine, but in this guy's scenario there is no HCG creating extra estrogen he's just trying to let everything clear out
You explained it better than I could ever thanks.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What he's asking I think is that in a scenario where he skips PCT because he has to get blood work from the trt doc, would it make sense to still use a ai to keep estrogen under control
He will feel horrible in that estrogen dominant state. For me estrogen dominancr is a mix of sadness and depression.

Get this e2 under control op. No need to crash it but as your T comes down e2 also should.

E clears way slower than T so thats why you end with estrogen dominance upon stopping injections for a while. There is a time period where your t is low and e is high before both bottom out if you understand.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
He will feel horrible in that estrogen dominant state. For me estrogen dominancr is a mix of sadness and depression.

Get this e2 under control op. No need to crash it but as your T comes down e2 also should.

E clears way slower than T so thats why you end with estrogen dominance upon stopping injections for a while. There is a time period where your t is low and e is high before both bottom out if you understand.
This is the info I was looking for, I think this is what he needed 👍

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My levels on 300mg cycle before starting AI.
So me personally, when I'm on 400ish test my estrogen is about where yours is but I feel good so I don't use a ai, but I'm a little concerned with why your prolactin is 2-3x out of whack

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So me personally, when I'm on 400ish test my estrogen is about where yours is but I feel good so I don't use a ai, but I'm a little concerned with why your prolactin is 2-3x out of whack
Mine also goes out of whack on test only. I would say its a consequence of elevated estrogen.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Mine also goes out of whack on test only. I would say its a consequence of elevated estrogen.
Maybe, it doesn't happen to me, at least not like that. Il elevate up to upper range but not that much. But if I use anything 19nor it goes haywire. Even in tiny amounts with estrogen in check

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not sure if all labs do it the same, but where I've taken my blood tests (more than one dif lab) the blood draw for prolactin should be taken at mid day and the ref range is determined accordingly (prolactin is highest in the morning just like testosterone). So if you take the prolactin test at the same time as your testosterone test, one of them is not accurate in relation to the ref ranges. How much the time of day makes difference, I don't know. For what it's worth though, when I took my latest prolactin reading, it was taken from the same blood sample as all my other tests, in the morning, and prolactin was in range still. I was not taking anything that should raise it though, just wanted to see, that it's not high and threw the test in with the others.

Last edited:

Rogue85

Awards
I'm not surprised everything was out of whac

Yeah makes sense. That's why I was thinking that keeping my AI going after last injection would be beneficial.