Testosterone Pulsing?

DSA1

Awards
In another thread:
<snip>Even though they provide a steady T supply (which, by the way, is NOT considered a benefit by many of us, as "pulsing" is more and more looking like the way to go) I have never used pellets because of the other problems with them.
Can you elaborate on "pulsing" and what that means in terms of test cypionate dosing?

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
In another thread:

Can you elaborate on "pulsing" and what that means in terms of test cypionate dosing?
I believe he is reffering to receiving Testosterone in "spurts" as opposed to a steady stream like you would receive from pellets and IM..

I believe that naturally test is pulsed..or released at different times.

Of course I could be wrong..

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I believe he is reffering to receiving Testosterone in "spurts" as opposed to a steady stream like you would receive from pellets and IM..

I believe that naturally test is pulsed..or released at different times.

Of course I could be wrong..
You're right. Morning levels are supposed to be the highest. However, I don't see how this relates to weekly applications. It doesn't seem that once, twice or even three times a week would replicate the body's natural rythm. The idea of applying more frequently would be to maintain levels.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
On Androgel site:
http://androgel.com/images/ProfessionalInfo.pdf
Figure 2 on page 5
line corresponding to Androgel 10g day 180 (short dashed line) (really steady state)
right side (24 hrs) ends with 680ng/dL
spike, at two hours after gel application, is at 850ng/dL
850-680=170
wonder if that is enough of a "pulse"
-----------------------------------------
I am using 2 packs (10g) of Androgel daily, as on chart above.
Q.
what is better, apply both packs once daily (larger "pulse")
or
every 12 hours, (smaller "pulse")

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
On Androgel site:
http://androgel.com/images/ProfessionalInfo.pdf
Figure 2 on page 5
line corresponding to Androgel 10g day 180 (short dashed line) (really steady state)
right side (24 hrs) ends with 680ng/dL
spike, at two hours after gel application, is at 850ng/dL
850-680=170
wonder if that is enough of a "pulse"
-----------------------------------------
I am using 2 packs (10g) of Androgel daily, as on chart above.
Q.
what is better, apply both packs once daily (larger "pulse")
or
every 12 hours, (smaller "pulse")

It probably is enough of a pulse, and it's on a daily basis whereas injections wouldn't be. I think the slpit is better.

DSA1

Awards
You're right. Morning levels are supposed to be the highest. However, I don't see how this relates to weekly applications. It doesn't seem that once, twice or even three times a week would replicate the body's natural rythm. The idea of applying more frequently would be to maintain levels.

Exactly. That's why I asked how it related to cypionate injections. On weekly, or even more frequent injections (I do small dose cypionate every three days), the goal has been to achieve a more steady level....nothing "pulsed" about that.

Maybe daily cypionate would "pulse" you...but ouch, unless you're doing sub-q, that's a lot of holes to poke in yourself.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Exactly. That's why I asked how it related to cypionate injections. On weekly, or even more frequent injections (I do small dose cypionate every three days), the goal has been to achieve a more steady level....nothing "pulsed" about that.

Maybe daily cypionate would "pulse" you...but ouch, unless you're doing sub-q, that's a lot of holes to poke in yourself.
I don't see how it relates to cypioante injections. Your method of dosing every three days makes the most sense for maintaining levels. I don't think you can compare it to implants. Injections can be adjusted to suit your needs - pellets I'm not so sure about. I think your stuck with what you get.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established

There is a water based testosterone suspension that can be injected daily and subq. I thought it wasn't used because less frequest shots were more convenient. However, there could be other reasons.

DSA1

Awards
I don't see how it relates to cypioante injections. Your method of dosing every three days makes the most sense for maintaining levels. I don't think you can compare it to implants. Injections can be adjusted to suit your needs - pellets I'm not so sure about. I think your stuck with what you get.
Well, we're getting off track of the original question I directed to Dr John in response to something he posted in another thread. What he posted that sparked my query was: "Even though they provide a steady T supply (which, by the way, is NOT considered a benefit by many of us, as "pulsing" is more and more looking like the way to go)"

I know he has recomend both transdermals and cypionate in the past, and I guess my real question should be more in-depth and along the lines of:

What is the benefit of "pulsing" vs a steady state, and how does one acheive a "pulsing" type effect with the common treatments available? I'm specifically interested in cypionate, because that's what my Rx is for, but I'm sure others are curious as well.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Well, we're getting off track of the original question I directed to Dr John in response to something he posted in another thread. What he posted that sparked my query was: "Even though they provide a steady T supply (which, by the way, is NOT considered a benefit by many of us, as "pulsing" is more and more looking like the way to go)"

I know he has recomend both transdermals and cypionate in the past, and I guess my real question should be more in-depth and along the lines of:

What is the benefit of "pulsing" vs a steady state, and how does one acheive a "pulsing" type effect with the common treatments available? I'm specifically interested in cypionate, because that's what my Rx is for, but I'm sure others are curious as well.
Sorry...I didn't catch the background on your post.

I can imagine the benefits of pulsing. Other hormones are affected by the release of testosterone. I doubt you can replicate natural pulsation through oil based injections. I think you would need a transdermal application.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
In another thread:

It means it is less beneficial than TD's; the same goes for pellets, IMPO.

Looks like it is over my head.
To improve my understanding I could use little longer explanation,
perhaps with example or two.
Definitely it is interesting topic.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Dr. John, wouldnt 50 or so IU of hCG every morning(along with Testosterone), be more accurate? (In terms of mimicing natural hormone rythems)

Last edited: