Testosterone Pulsing?

  1. Registered User
    DSA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    112

    Testosterone Pulsing?


    In another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    <snip>Even though they provide a steady T supply (which, by the way, is NOT considered a benefit by many of us, as "pulsing" is more and more looking like the way to go) I have never used pellets because of the other problems with them.
    Can you elaborate on "pulsing" and what that means in terms of test cypionate dosing?

  2. Registered User
    Ripw4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep South
    Age
    34
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    187

    Quote Originally Posted by DSA1
    In another thread:


    Can you elaborate on "pulsing" and what that means in terms of test cypionate dosing?
    I believe he is reffering to receiving Testosterone in "spurts" as opposed to a steady stream like you would receive from pellets and IM..

    I believe that naturally test is pulsed..or released at different times.

    Of course I could be wrong..
  3. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripw4
    I believe he is reffering to receiving Testosterone in "spurts" as opposed to a steady stream like you would receive from pellets and IM..

    I believe that naturally test is pulsed..or released at different times.

    Of course I could be wrong..
    You're right. Morning levels are supposed to be the highest. However, I don't see how this relates to weekly applications. It doesn't seem that once, twice or even three times a week would replicate the body's natural rythm. The idea of applying more frequently would be to maintain levels.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    On Androgel site:
    http://androgel.com/images/ProfessionalInfo.pdf
    Figure 2 on page 5
    line corresponding to Androgel 10g day 180 (short dashed line) (really steady state)
    right side (24 hrs) ends with 680ng/dL
    spike, at two hours after gel application, is at 850ng/dL
    850-680=170
    wonder if that is enough of a "pulse"
    -----------------------------------------
    I am using 2 packs (10g) of Androgel daily, as on chart above.
    Q.
    what is better, apply both packs once daily (larger "pulse")
    or
    every 12 hours, (smaller "pulse")
  5. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz
    On Androgel site:
    http://androgel.com/images/ProfessionalInfo.pdf
    Figure 2 on page 5
    line corresponding to Androgel 10g day 180 (short dashed line) (really steady state)
    right side (24 hrs) ends with 680ng/dL
    spike, at two hours after gel application, is at 850ng/dL
    850-680=170
    wonder if that is enough of a "pulse"
    -----------------------------------------
    I am using 2 packs (10g) of Androgel daily, as on chart above.
    Q.
    what is better, apply both packs once daily (larger "pulse")
    or
    every 12 hours, (smaller "pulse")

    It probably is enough of a pulse, and it's on a daily basis whereas injections wouldn't be. I think the slpit is better.
  6. Registered User
    DSA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf
    You're right. Morning levels are supposed to be the highest. However, I don't see how this relates to weekly applications. It doesn't seem that once, twice or even three times a week would replicate the body's natural rythm. The idea of applying more frequently would be to maintain levels.

    Exactly. That's why I asked how it related to cypionate injections. On weekly, or even more frequent injections (I do small dose cypionate every three days), the goal has been to achieve a more steady level....nothing "pulsed" about that.

    Maybe daily cypionate would "pulse" you...but ouch, unless you're doing sub-q, that's a lot of holes to poke in yourself.
  7. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by DSA1
    Exactly. That's why I asked how it related to cypionate injections. On weekly, or even more frequent injections (I do small dose cypionate every three days), the goal has been to achieve a more steady level....nothing "pulsed" about that.

    Maybe daily cypionate would "pulse" you...but ouch, unless you're doing sub-q, that's a lot of holes to poke in yourself.
    I don't see how it relates to cypioante injections. Your method of dosing every three days makes the most sense for maintaining levels. I don't think you can compare it to implants. Injections can be adjusted to suit your needs - pellets I'm not so sure about. I think your stuck with what you get.
  8. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by DSA1
    Exactly. That's why I asked how it related to cypionate injections. On weekly, or even more frequent injections (I do small dose cypionate every three days), the goal has been to achieve a more steady level....nothing "pulsed" about that.

    Maybe daily cypionate would "pulse" you...but ouch, unless you're doing sub-q, that's a lot of holes to poke in yourself.
    There is a water based testosterone suspension that can be injected daily and subq. I thought it wasn't used because less frequest shots were more convenient. However, there could be other reasons.
  9. Registered User
    DSA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf
    I don't see how it relates to cypioante injections. Your method of dosing every three days makes the most sense for maintaining levels. I don't think you can compare it to implants. Injections can be adjusted to suit your needs - pellets I'm not so sure about. I think your stuck with what you get.
    Well, we're getting off track of the original question I directed to Dr John in response to something he posted in another thread. What he posted that sparked my query was: "Even though they provide a steady T supply (which, by the way, is NOT considered a benefit by many of us, as "pulsing" is more and more looking like the way to go)"

    I know he has recomend both transdermals and cypionate in the past, and I guess my real question should be more in-depth and along the lines of:

    What is the benefit of "pulsing" vs a steady state, and how does one acheive a "pulsing" type effect with the common treatments available? I'm specifically interested in cypionate, because that's what my Rx is for, but I'm sure others are curious as well.
  10. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by DSA1
    Well, we're getting off track of the original question I directed to Dr John in response to something he posted in another thread. What he posted that sparked my query was: "Even though they provide a steady T supply (which, by the way, is NOT considered a benefit by many of us, as "pulsing" is more and more looking like the way to go)"

    I know he has recomend both transdermals and cypionate in the past, and I guess my real question should be more in-depth and along the lines of:

    What is the benefit of "pulsing" vs a steady state, and how does one acheive a "pulsing" type effect with the common treatments available? I'm specifically interested in cypionate, because that's what my Rx is for, but I'm sure others are curious as well.
    Sorry...I didn't catch the background on your post.

    I can imagine the benefits of pulsing. Other hormones are affected by the release of testosterone. I doubt you can replicate natural pulsation through oil based injections. I think you would need a transdermal application.
  11. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by DSA1
    In another thread:


    Can you elaborate on "pulsing" and what that means in terms of test cypionate dosing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    It means it is less beneficial than TD's; the same goes for pellets, IMPO.

    Looks like it is over my head.
    To improve my understanding I could use little longer explanation,
    perhaps with example or two.
    Definitely it is interesting topic.
  12. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4374

    Dr. John, wouldnt 50 or so IU of hCG every morning(along with Testosterone), be more accurate? (In terms of mimicing natural hormone rythems)
    Last edited by ItsHectic; 11-30-2006 at 10:55 PM.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 09:27 PM
  2. Making Testosterone from Androstenedione
    By Bean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 01:25 AM
  3. Herbal Testosterone Boosters w/ Pulsed Epistane
    By stevefdl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
  4. Testosterone and its influence on prostate cancer??
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 03:38 PM
  5. 1-Testosterone dosage...
    By Lifeguard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in