TRT, Hydration and High BP

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For anyone that's on TRT....have you had elevated blood pressure and it be contributed to poor hydration? I'm wondering if my BP being elevated is from not drinking enough water during the day. Thoughts?

j2048b

Awards
Hydration is NOT just water, its electrolytes and other trace minerals, u could also add in a bit of glycerine, 1 tblsp per gallon of water w added magnesium and potassium and salt

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very true, but can poor hydration cause an elevation in blood pressure?

j2048b

Awards
Sometimes as it thickens the blood, causing it to be harder to push blood and pump thick oil,

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if I was trying to dismiss a possible issue with my BP. I'm in good shape and eat decent. I've never had any issues with BP until the past year and I contribute it to the new position I have at my place of employment that is limited when I can drink water

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's your hematocrit level?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hematocrit is in check. I also give blood regularly. A little over a year ago I was promoted and given a new assignment at work. Due to the environment I work in, I can't drink or eat. That leaves first thing in the morning, lunch and after work to hydrate. I haven't been doing a good job at hydrating and hoping if I hydrate properly my BP will go down. It's not very high but high than normal.

j2048b

Awards
How much salt and potassium do u get daily? U need to up salt it helps stop raising blood pressure and adding in more potassium will also help to lower ur bp,

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My BP went up on TRT, then stabilized when i found the right dose (.7 every 5 days). It seems like if i even go a tad above the dose, i get high BP, acne and rashes.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been on the same TRT dose for 4 years and get regular labs. All numbers are good. This is something that has popped up within the past year. Just trying to determine if it's a hydration issue or something else.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's the BP now? Is it a supplement you are taking? Did increasing hydration help?

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
My doc has me on 280 mgs weekly. I get monitored four times per year and my BP is fine.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

j2048b

Awards
Damn id love to have one of ur guys docs who isnt "normal"

j2048b

Awards
Then yeah add potasium, salt and magnesium, most docs feel ur dehydrated when the h&h and rbc's are raised,