Plasma Donation... help or hurt?

rippedchris

Awards
Hey guys, weird question, but I figured someone on here might have some knowledge: will donating plasma hinder athletic performance, specifically getting shredded? I know some guys donate blood regularly to keep their RBC down, but what about plasma?

So to be up front, I don't have money for supps, really just enough for protein and some creatine. I heard a buddy mention he's donated plasma before for like $25 a donation. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Yes it can hurt athletic performance, but I don't think to the point where it will effect long term results. Most studies show 4-8 weeks for 'full recovery' afaik.

I did it in college for several weeks and was still able to make gains. Whether or not they would have been more effective having not donating plasma, I don't know. They probably would have been better. The subsequent days after donating I would lack some energy in the gym compared to before donation.

However as a college student that was broke and looking to be inebriated constantly.. Well... Lol

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I did this in college as well. Now my son is doing it in college. He still gets in the gym off and on with no real issues because of plasma giving

rippedchris

Awards
Thanks for the replies, guys! So I should probably limit it to once or twice per month? The CSL Plasma site says you can donate up to twice per week, but that seems a little excessive to me. Thanks!

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies, guys! So I should probably limit it to once or twice per month? The CSL Plasma site says you can donate up to twice per week, but that seems a little excessive to me. Thanks!
I would do like 7 times in a row when I'd go cuz I'd get extra money haha. Ask about the deals for consecutive goes. Might be worth it and then stop for a while and then return. If you're going to do the 'damage' per say u might as well do it.

I did stop after getting a calcified hematoma though lol. Had a bruise that ranged from middle forearm to upper bicep as well lol. Do not believe they are certified nurses