DIM

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    plain english for the bold sections ? what is IC3? Is increased E2 good or bad?
    I3C is Indole-3-Carbinol

2. Quote Originally Posted by sammpedd88 View Post
    Why would you say stay away from it? Most integrative medicine dr's that prescribe TRT recommending starting with DIM and zinc to help control high E2. It does work for some people, for me it did not.
    Doctors don't know everything...you have to advocate for yourself.

This is just one of many sources;

http://atpscience.com/dim-diindolylm...anti-androgen/
    •   

3. But doesn't this concern about anti-androgen effect only apply to high doses?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Doctors don't know everything...you have to advocate for yourself.

This is just one of many sources;

http://atpscience.com/dim-diindolylm...anti-androgen/
    Very true to the fact Dr's don't know everything. That's why I go to an Integrative Medicine Dr. are you familiar with these types of Dr's? If not, research them.

The issues with DIM are from high doses, not low doses like good Dr's wound prescribe.

5. Good info to know, though. As many people think DIM lowers estrogen, the same may think that more is better.
    •   

6. DIM also stimulate immune system to kill virus which can increase e2 as I have seen in many cases when there is a viral load
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

7. So low dose DIM is ok and high dose DIM is bad?

8. Depends on the case,
    person's individual biochemistry and underlying pathology
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

9. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    So low dose DIM is ok and high dose DIM is bad?
    There are so many "dosage recommendations" for DIM out there. Then you have DIM products with bioavailability enhancement..or are they? My prior post with the link indicated that a mere 100mg per day (which is a relatively low/average dose) indicates some very undesirable effects.

If it is worth it to you to run bloodwork after various doses and/or versions of DIM products to see if it is having any positive impact on estrogen balance without sacrificing testosterone and DHT...have at it!

I would be interested to see your results...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    There are so many "dosage recommendations" for DIM out there. Then you have DIM products with bioavailability enhancement..or are they? My prior post with the link indicated that a mere 100mg per day (which is a relatively low/average dose) indicates some very undesirable effects.

If it is worth it to you to run bloodwork after various doses and/or versions of DIM products to see if it is having any positive impact on estrogen balance without sacrificing testosterone and DHT...have at it!

I am scheduled for my next physical in Dec 2017. Will wait until a month before the test to try DIM and see the results. I do consume a healthy amount of cruciferous foodstuffs as is.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post

Blood is not an accurate measure to see if DIM is working, but rather a 24 hour urine hormone metabolites from Dutch, genova, meridian Rhein labs

12. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Blood is not an accurate measure to see if DIM is working, but rather a 24 hour urine hormone metabolites from Dutch, genova, meridian Rhein labs
    From a bodybuilding standpoint and your personal/clinical experience how would you describe benefits of DIM and at what dosage would you take it for the average lifter? I am fully aware that everyone has there own pathology but for the majority of the population what does this reflect?

13. I have found with increases of gene expressions we need to be more proactive of taking supplements especially ones that have not only hormone shifting capacity, but also immune modulating effect. The more we are learning some supplements are turning on an off other genes people may not be aware of. What started out as taking a supplement such has DIM for bodybuilding is now turning out to be a huge turn key for unknown variables. When messing with ant thing endocrine system wise get a baseline and go from there. The new information we are researching on extra cellular matrix vs intercellular matrix is absolutely next step in cellular medicine which ties in to all these endocrine and immune system switches associated with DIM

14. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I have found with increases of gene expressions we need to be more proactive of taking supplements especially ones that have not only hormone shifting capacity, but also immune modulating effect. The more we are learning some supplements are turning on an off other genes people may not be aware of. What started out as taking a supplement such has DIM for bodybuilding is now turning out to be a huge turn key for unknown variables. When messing with ant thing endocrine system wise get a baseline and go from there. The new information we are researching on extra cellular matrix vs intercellular matrix is absolutely next step in cellular medicine which ties in to all these endocrine and immune system switches associated with DIM
    Ok thank you I will definitely wait on more research before taking DIM I do have a bottle left at home that I took halfway but I won't be taking it I want to know what those unknown variables turn out to be and even if it will take a few years to finalize research

15. Get properly evaluated from testing suggested above
    Often I may suggest iodoral which can do the same thing DIM does but shift 16OHE to e3

16. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    So low dose DIM is ok and high dose DIM is bad?
    What is an high and low dose?

17. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    What is an high and low dose?
    200mg is usually the avg. Therefore IMO <200mg=low >200mg=high.

18. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    200mg is usually the avg. Therefore IMO <200mg=low >200mg=high.
    Ok, thanks, I got some DIM that's 300mg, that's shouldn't be too bad right?

19. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Ok, thanks, I got some DIM that's 300mg, that's shouldn't be too bad right?
    That's a little high man I would dose it every other day. Like training days take it and non training don't.

20. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    That's a little high man I would dose it every other day. Like training days take it and non training don't.
    Thanks!

21. Does DIM work just as well if taken every other day or does it need to be taken daily? I have the 300mg plus 10mg bioprene capsules.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Barca1323 View Post
    Does DIM work just as well if taken every other day or does it need to be taken daily? I have the 300mg plus 10mg bioprene capsules.
    Id say no it would be better to dose smaller dosages every day but since you have 300mg it's better just enough than too much so dose it every 2nd day.

23. Iíve actually been feeling pretty good on the 300mg dim so I may stick with it for a full bottle so 4 months to see if the longer Iím on it the more it helps. I do feel like I may be recovering a bit faster than normal and all that has changed is the addition of the supp.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Barca1323 View Post
    I’ve actually been feeling pretty good on the 300mg dim so I may stick with it for a full bottle so 4 months to see if the longer I’m on it the more it helps. I do feel like I may be recovering a bit faster than normal and all that has changed is the addition of the supp.
    Did you ed or eod?

25. Dosages range between 100-400 mgs of dim
    I suggest it be taken with a meal since it is fat soluble
  •