TRT BLOODWORK

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey guys so I was just reviewing my blood work prior to trt about 3 years ago. I was 27 at the time. So look

LH 6.6 (1.5 - 9.3)
FSH 4.6 ( 1.4 - 18.1)
and my total testosterone had been checked a few times. Lowest was 341 and highest was 459.

My main symptom was loss of muscle mass and big decrease in libido.

My question is, the LH seemed to be in range, but the fsh looked low. What's the deal guys? Nobody ever really explained to me why I ended up with low t at 27. What is a normal fsh? Please gimme some thoughts and opinions brothers!

Mward97

Awards
Well you took steriods, and pro hormones of all things. Endocrine balance is not a simple f(x) = y function. It's more like f(a,b,c,d,e,f...) = d^5x/dy^5 x....

Point is it's complicated. As much as people might have you believe, just "following" a "good" PCT protocol guarantees nothing. The moment you put exogenous hormones into your system you may are creating a cascade of effects that truly could be effecting 20+ different hormones depending on your genetics. Point being is, it can take endocrinologists literally months of bloodwork and working with you to even find a viable solution, let alone tell you what caused the problem. Therefore it would be almost impossible for us to tell you.

As for FSH I think it has more to do with sperm production, not total testosterone production but I may be incorrect.