My first T test...175...new guy here

Surfj9009

Awards
First test on my T, it's 175.

Well guys I am new here.
Due to several reasons I just got my T tested along with some other blood work. Family history of thyroid problems led me to want to get it checked among other things.

I can post my full blood work but the hormone tests were limited. Doctor said he wants me to stop taking supplements and come back in a month for a retest. I'm currently stacking Primeval Labs Super Osta (three weeks)(20mg) and Super Cardarine(4 weeks).
(20mg)
Also supplementing with fish oil, creatine, A-AKG, L-Carnitine, glutamine, multivitamin, and NO explode. Current daily intake is about 2000 kcal. 200g protein, 100g carbs, 90g fat. I weight 230@27% body fat, down from about 250 and 32% body fat 2 and a half months ago.
Primary lifting focus is compound lifts to increase strength. Cardio 2x a week. Typical weight session is about 20-25 sets, a 1.5- two hour workout.

Never used prohormones, anabolics, nothing....just these SARMS for the last few weeks.

I have researched a bit on why my liver values are high and have read that it could be my creatine, the Ostarine, the higher protein diet that I'm not used to, or even just the heavy resistance training. I do go very heavy during my sessions.

39 years old. Depressed, lethargic, poor work performance. Pecker works well still but morning woods and libido seem decreased for a while now. (Long before starting the Ostarine or anything) Erection duration isn't as long as it should be. Luckily she does good, but I feel like she has to work harder than she needs to sometimes.

But here are the bad parts of my blood work. I'm wondering if I should just do as the doctor says and stop all supps, or if I should just try to cut the Ostarine or creatine or something. I have been doing great at becoming less obese and much stronger. My clothes fit a lot different just in two months, so I am hesitant to make changes at this time. But I don't want a destroyed liver either. I would like to start TRT if my T is low. Or at least figure a different option until we have our kids. I don't know what to do. Should I keep going with my progress and postpone cutting out the supps, I am still fat after all.
Doc said he wants me to stop supps for a month and get retested. I suspect my problems are from the Ostarine. Blood proteins look good, creatinine levels are ok. But I don't really get how all this stuff works together and get confused easily trying to figure it out. Doctor wasn't any help other than telling me to get off the whey, aminos and creatine.

The bad values:
Total test: 174ng/dL --range 332-896
Anion gap:13.7 calc --range 6-13
ALT: 115 --range 17-63
BUN: 23 -- range 8-20
ESR: 18 --range 0-10

Others that were high:
AST: 44 --range 10-45

Everything else came back in the normal reference range.
TSH was 2.720, range .45-5.1
FT4 was .9, range .7-1.5

I have other values but don't know what any of this crap really means. If I can offer more info let me know. I didn't get any other hormones tested for this since it was just an exploratory test.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ostarine will suppress your testosterone and raise liver values. I've used it and experienced it myself. Stop the Ostarine and other supplements as the doctor ordered, wait a few months and go get tested again.

Surfj9009

Awards
Does it actually take several months for T to return to normal and the liver values to drop down to normal?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does it actually take several months for T to return to normal and the liver values to drop down to normal?
For me it did but I was 53 at the time. (55 now and on TRT)

Surfj9009

Awards
Do you recall how far your t came back up after you were on Ostarine? I really wish I had done blood work before but I didn't know much about it and thought it was safe since it was being sold in several stores recently.
I had a lot of the low t symptoms before I started working out again....I'm curious how much suppression I got taking 20mg a day for about three weeks.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My total testosterone started at 636 before Ostarine at 20 mg ED. It dropped to 220 after a 6 week cycle. After 4 months it recovered to 495. Now remember that I was 53 at the time.

Mesomorphin

Awards
I would follow your docs advice. Sounds like you are nervous about interrupting progress - which is totally understandable - but in the grand scheme of things one month is nothing. (As an old guy north of 60, of course I take the 'in it for the long haul view.)

I have no experience with Ostarine, but from the other posts it sounds like that could account for a lot.

I have had blood work with high BUN values before. In my case that was attributable to a high protein diet. Admittedly, at the time, I was taking in more than you report, and I had some other elevated values on some kidney health markers, including creatinine, which you don't. Anyway, although it seems like something of a long shot in your case, if you don't find any info connecting ostarine (or maybe creatine) to elevated BUN, you might consider reducing protein intake a bit until your next test. The doctors recommendation to eliminate the whey might serve that function.

FYI - It is my understanding that some elevated values are not in themselves harmful. Rather, they are markers that are used to identify underlying problems (e.g. kidney disease) that could be a cause of elevated values. At least in my case, once the docs confirmed the dietary contribution to my values and ruled out underlying disease, they did not restrict me from resuming higher protein intake. If I know I'm going to have blood work, I try to moderate my protein intake beforehand, so I won't exhibit elevated values that trigger unnecessary follow-up testing.

swollz

swollz

Awards
Wow I thought you had to run that **** for like 12 wks for htpa shutdown and I ran it for a couple runs couple months spread out... I too feel like **** and nothing natural seems to work. I'm ready to go full blown juice head this **** sucks!