Tongkat to lower SHBG and increase free t?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Will Tongkat Ali lower SHBG and raise free testosterone levels in someone on trt?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. BLR Viron is reported to do so.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I ordered some bulk Tongkat powder, gonna dose it 2000mg/day. I'll let you guys know in a couple weeks how it goes

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it does work in this regard. And 2000mg a day is highly unnecessary. I'd start at 100-250 mg and adjust. Start getting into 500mg+ and it gets really speedy.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I ordered some bulk Tongkat powder, gonna dose it 2000mg/day. I'll let you guys know in a couple weeks how it goes
What extract? I ve found 200:1 at ebay and I was wondering if its legit or just colored flower

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What extract? I ve found 200:1 at ebay and I was wondering if its legit or just colored flower
It's 100:1, the 200:1 was too expensive. Bought on Amazon, so I'll just get a refund if it has no effect.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Yes, it does work in this regard. And 2000mg a day is highly unnecessary. I'd start at 100-250 mg and adjust. Start getting into 500mg+ and it gets really speedy.
Speedy as in working too quickly?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
It's 100:1, the 200:1 was too expensive. Bought on Amazon, so I'll just get a refund if it has no effect.
Seems you are covered either way. Hope its legit

Johnnyfx

Awards
Tongkat Ali, (better known as long jack) supports the balance of hormones, especially testosterone levels, as well as libido, energy levels, and endurance. May also reduce occasional mental fatigue. You should feel results within 1-3 weeks.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
BLR Viron has been a part of my TRT for a while now.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
I just take one in the morning 5 days a week, libido seems to improve, mood etc. Slight energy increase which could be in my head haha.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome that's the brand I got
Ok, in that case, you really may want to start at 1/16th of a tsp, which I believe is about 200mg. Then possibly add another 200mg in the afternoon if needed. It is pretty disgusting, so capping it might be worthwhile.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Will Tongkat Ali lower SHBG and raise free testosterone levels in someone on trt?
Yes, it can increase Free T and lower SHBG in TRT patients. It obviously will not do anything for your Total T numbers though.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Yes, it can increase Free T and lower SHBG in TRT patients. It obviously will not do anything for your Total T numbers though.
I wish I had known this sooner, I thought it was only effective on natural free test levels.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just tried 500mg, yup it's bitter lol no effect yet, hopefully I'll feel something by the end of the week

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Ok, in that case, you really may want to start at 1/16th of a tsp, which I believe is about 200mg. Then possibly add another 200mg in the afternoon if needed. It is pretty disgusting, so capping it might be worthwhile.
It's definitely bitter, I've been using about 1/2 teaspoon twice per day, no effect whatsoever at the moment. I guess you have to build it up in your system? Tastes like bitter licorice

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's definitely bitter, I've been using about 1/2 teaspoon twice per day, no effect whatsoever at the moment. I guess you have to build it up in your system? Tastes like bitter licorice
Give it a little time to kick in bro!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really, the effects are pretty acute. I noticed the first day and during times that I took time off, felt it immediately when returning. I am not sure why you are not feeling anything to be honest.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not really, the effects are pretty acute. I noticed the first day and during times that I took time off, felt it immediately when returning. I am not sure why you are not feeling anything to be honest.
Because he has only been on it for two days. I notice effects within a week, but not the first two days. I would only be concerned if after a week time it still had no effect.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because he has only been on it for two days. I notice effects within a week, but not the first two days. I would only be concerned if after a week time it still had no effect.
I didn't scroll up, I thought he'd been taking it since last week. In any case, energy effects are generally noticed very quickly.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
So far at 1 teaspoon twice per day, no effect besides making me feel a little more alert.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I also went back to injecting once a week 100mg test enanthate instead of 50mg twice per week. This may have had a negative impact on my libido and tongkats effectiveness. Has helped my joints immensely though. My low e2 was killing my joints

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also went back to injecting once a week 100mg test enanthate instead of 50mg twice per week. This may have had a negative impact on my libido and tongkats effectiveness. Has helped my joints immensely though. My low e2 was killing my joints
Have you used Test Cyp? Just curious why you're on enanthate.

fittrainer42

Awards
To combat some of the flavor I sip a small amount of protein coffee under tongue them dump small amount on the drink and chase with another sip.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Have you used Test Cyp? Just curious why you're on enanthate.
I started trt on enan, and 2 years later they switched me to cyp because my endo said enan was no longer available in the United States. I found that was a lie, and switched endos. I also have a bad reaction to cotton seed oil, so I'm back on enan.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
i've been taking it with arom-x by ams for a bit over a week.. and man...some serious extra sensations...very nice... even during the aftermath i'm staying stiff. can go again just about immediately.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to 4/3 it and then just make sure it's an on day when i'm with a chick