TRT, HCG, and Fertility Questions

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
So, a little background. I just turned 30 years old. I've done multiple cycles of Superdrol, Epistane, etc. Most of the time I used a correct PCT, sometimes I did not. Last year I was diagnosed as bipolar and put on a medication called Saphris, which is an atypical antipsychotic that can cause patients to have high prolactin and cause gyno. I've got the gyno from it so I assume my prolactin is really high as well. Recently my wife suggested I get tested for low T because my sex drive has been dead, I've had low energy levels, trouble concentrating, reduced muscle mass and strength, etc. My initial blood test showed a level of 178. After this test I had an appointment with a new psychiatrist to see if its possible the medicine might be causing my low T. He said its possible but to go ahead and get treated for low T and in the meantime we will wean me off the medication over the next three months. He also said he doesn't think I am bipolar so I won't be going on any other meds. This morning my second blood test, done about two hours earlier than the previous test, showed a level of 244, so we started treatment with an initial dose of 200mg test cyp, to be followed by weekly injections of 110-120mg.

My wife and I want to have children, but not for at least another year. The doctor administering the test suggested that I also start on hcg twice a week to increase sperm count. Question One is this: do I have to start the hcg now, or could I start it in 6 months and have it increase sperm production at that point? I don't like the idea of having to inject myself so I'd like to put it off if at all possible. The Dr. said I could wait until I wanted to have kids and it'd be fine. He said the other option is going off of TRT in 6 months in order to have kids in a year.

Question Two is if it is possible that its the medication causing my low T, would coming off TRT after I've completely discontinued the medication allow my natural test production to start back up? I guess I'm asking for some input on if I should stop TRT in 6 months to see if my natural levels come back to baseline once I'm off the med, or just use hcg and stay on trt. The end goals are to not have low T and be able to have kids, and I want my best option to have both of these things. Any input would be much appreciated.

j2048b

Awards
I can say pinning hcg along with trt will keep ur nuts running, but it will also cause ur e2 to rise along w ur total test.... I had been on trt for years i simply added clomid along with still being on trt and had a baby over a year and a half ago....

I can tell u hcg shots are so damn easy... I simply clean the sight on my stomach, and grab the area kind of hard and look up and a quick jab, inject and done

Me squeezing my stomach as hard as i do hurts worse than the hcg inject with an insulin pin....

U also need to ask the doc about getting on caber to lower that prolactin....

Just my .02

U can also ask about getting HMG.... It is basically equvolant to hcg+clomid

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking I will go the hcg route. As far as the prolactin goes, I just found out my level is only at 18, which is high but not really high enough for it to be causing me to have low T. My LH, FSH, and estradiol are all within normal ranges...just the low T. I will look into adding clomid to trt as well for fertility.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hi TruthWalker, just wanted to give you an idea of what has caused the higher prolactin, etc

Anti-psychotics work by lowering dopamine. Dopamine works inversely (in a sense) with prolactin. Dopamine release blunts prolactin release. With lower levels or dopamine, higher levels of prolactin will likely occur, and thus can also effect testosterone levels (as well as other hormones). There is a cascading effect.

If you are looking for the best way to conceive children, speak with an endocrinologist with experience in fertility. Typically, HCG is used, alongside HMG. You can bring this up with them. HCG will help your testicles to function while on TRT, but it's really HMG that is more responsible for sperm production and quality. Typically, endos will try to introduce HCG prior to trying HMG, but it's beneficial to use both concurrently.

HCG works like the hormone LH (raising natural testosterone and increasing testicular volume)
HMG works like FSH (raising levels of sperm + sperm quality)

Hope this info helps to shed some light on things.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Btw, if you are starting to use exogenous Testosterone, your LH and FSH levels will become shutdown. This is why HCG/HMG will end up being used for fertility.