Zinc's AI properties - how strong?

dbenj7

Awards
Hey guys,

I've dabbled with OTC AI's (nothing pharma grade) before and never gone well for me, experience low estrogen sides pretty quick like joint pain and dryness, depression and loss of libido. I've noticed similar thing when I take zinc everyday. How strong are zinc's AI properties? I'm thinking I must be sensitive to shifts in E2...

Thanks

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys, I've dabbled with OTC AI's (nothing pharma grade) before and never gone well for me, experience low estrogen sides pretty quick like joint pain and dryness, depression and loss of libido. I've noticed similar thing when I take zinc everyday. How strong are zinc's AI properties? I'm thinking I must be sensitive to shifts in E2... Thanks
Some people are sensitive to OTC AI's. I personally didn't have any luck with zinc and DIM taken together. Get some labs done soon to see where your E2 is.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Any AI has pretty major effects on me, ZMA gives me joint pain at times. Calcium Glucarate lowers my e2 big time. Anything pharma grade tanks my e2, and I get flu like symptoms for a week.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I finally figured out that .25 Mgs of arimidex every three days works for me. I have dropped too low with it and felt pretty crappy but not to the extent of some.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I finally figured out that .25 Mgs of arimidex every three days works for me. I have dropped too low with it and felt pretty crappy but not to the extent of some.
Just curious, but are you on TRT or are you taking adex solo?

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
Hey guys,

I've dabbled with OTC AI's (nothing pharma grade) before and never gone well for me, experience low estrogen sides pretty quick like joint pain and dryness, depression and loss of libido. I've noticed similar thing when I take zinc everyday. How strong are zinc's AI properties? I'm thinking I must be sensitive to shifts in E2...

Thanks
Zinc is not that strong of an AI and the depression you experience is likely due to DHT inhibition by zinc...low E2 can make some people depressed but usually it's the fact people are overlooking DHT dual inhibition with compounds that also inhibit aromatase.
There really isn't that much proof (human) that low estrogen plays that much a role in those phases such as depression.
The only confirmed mechanisms and side-effects of low estro, besides anecdotal reports and individualized logs, are that low E2 can alter lipid profile and bone mass / density. Also nitric oxide and vasopressin as well as oxytocin may drop with low E2 which can certainly contribute to anxiety but this isn't actually confirmed in a collective report so to speak, just individual testings on organs and cells and tissues.

Some people with low E2 do not get depressed, and some don't even get joint aches.
For me, the only sides I got with low E2 were brain fog and lack of proper concentration.
Though I also felt a lot more passive.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Zinc is not that strong of an AI and the depression you experience is likely due to DHT inhibition by zinc...low E2 can make some people depressed but usually it's the fact people are overlooking DHT dual inhibition with compounds that also inhibit aromatase. There really isn't that much proof (human) that low estrogen plays that much a role in those phases such as depression. The only confirmed mechanisms and side-effects of low estro, besides anecdotal reports and individualized logs, are that low E2 can alter lipid profile and bone mass / density. Also nitric oxide and vasopressin as well as oxytocin may drop with low E2 which can certainly contribute to anxiety but this isn't actually confirmed in a collective report so to speak, just individual testings on organs and cells and tissues. Some people with low E2 do not get depressed, and some don't even get joint aches. For me, the only sides I got with low E2 were brain fog and lack of proper concentration. Though I also felt a lot more passive.
Zinc lowers DHT?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to see the studies that show this as everything to this point has said the opposite and zinc is advised to help increase DHT. I have seen one study, but they were using a very small group and provided much higher levels than anyone would normally take, and I think the result was shut down 5-alpha-reductase.

dbenj7

Awards
Any AI has pretty major effects on me, ZMA gives me joint pain at times. Calcium Glucarate lowers my e2 big time. Anything pharma grade tanks my e2, and I get flu like symptoms for a week.
Similar for me. Maybe we just naturally don't aromatose much or perhaps just very sensitive to shifts in it?