High SHBG, High LDL, High ALT, Low Free Test :(

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
75kg
No steroids/prohormones

Trying to figure out why my LDL is so high, ALT is high, and free test seems quite low. SHBG is off the charts!

I was running the Anabolic Diet for 2 months... high fat. I'm hoping my numbers are skewed because of this, and this week I have switched back to a normal carb including diet.

Any more info needed?

Just wondering any advice to lower LDL and increase free test.

Will recheck in 1 month.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Your HDL is very high and your triglycerides are very low. I honestly would not be too concerned with your LDL of 173.

Lowering SHBG will increase your free T.

mrmagoo2010

Awards
Your HDL is very high and your triglycerides are very low. I honestly would not be too concerned with your LDL of 173.

Lowering SHBG will increase your free T.
I think the question is hes asking, how to lower shbg? its very difficult being a high shbg guy myself

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Cheslink, your very low LH, is what I would look at first.
Do you eat, much SOY, Sesame Seeds, or Genseng?????
Don't worry about your SHBG until you get your Total Testosterone level up.

I would use hCG to test to see if you are Secondary Hypogonal.

Have you tested your Thyroid?

Do you use any other Medications? Opiates? Statins? Etc?

Have you had a head injury?

When you say "No steroids/prohormones" .....Do you mean never OR not recently?

Yes, your ALT/AST indicate that your liver is working hard on something....
inflammation? NSAIDs? allergies? infection? it may account for the high SHBG, but not the low LH.

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
I probably take too many supps...

Morning:
Doctor's Best - CoQ10
Bulk Supplements - ALCAR
Bulk Supplements - ALA
Healthy Origins - Vitamin-D
NOW - EGCG
Healthy Origins - Green Coffee Bean Extract
Garcinia Cambogia (was only a dollar)
Yerba Prima - Fiber

Pre-workout-
ON - Creatine
NOW - Beta-alanine
NOW - Soy Lecithin (could this be the cause of high SHBG?)
Organic Equadorian Cacao Powder
NutriGuard - Potassium Nitrate
Controlled Labs - Glycergrow
21st Century - Niacin
NOW - B12
Some sort of protein shake, whatever I have in stock (depends on how recently my last meal was)

Peri-workout
xTend - BCAA (if cutting)
Some sort of protein shake

------

I've never taken any before not currently.

No current medications, just the supps above.

I had a concussion in high school 10 yrs ago but have had blood tests since then and nothing ever came back irregular from the doctor.

I've never tested my thyroid either. The doctor seems to think it's mainly from the high fat diet, and all he suggested was a check up in a month eating carbs again and lowering fat.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
If you had a slow thyroid, then ALCAR would cause a problem.
Soy Lecithin is not a problem with SHBG or E2.
I have no idea what is in a lot of your other supplements...
Hope changing your diet works.
Extreme workout schedules can cause Testosterone production to drop.

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
If you had a slow thyroid, then ALCAR would cause a problem.
Soy Lecithin is not a problem with SHBG or E2.
I have no idea what is in a lot of your other supplements...
Hope changing your diet works.
Extreme workout schedules can cause Testosterone production to drop.
What about Carnitine Tartrate? I switched over this month.

Cogrick2

Awards
I may not be able to help but possibly to help others with assisting you - do you have any symptoms? Do you sleep at least 7 hours a night? Do you wake feeling well-rested? (BTW, I wish I woke feeling well-rested).

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
I may not be able to help but possibly to help others with assisting you - do you have any symptoms? Do you sleep at least 7 hours a night? Do you wake feeling well-rested? (BTW, I wish I woke feeling well-rested).
Naw I usually don't wake feeling rested. I definitely think I have mild sleep apnea.

Thunder13

Awards
Mr TT.. how does ALCAR cause a problem if you have a slow thyroid/hypo-T ?

Thunder13

Awards
Oh wow interesting... plus I was supping with ALCAR/Carnitine Tartrate to help my Free T levels among other things. I have some symptoms of hypo-t, although my lab levels were normal for the last several labs. Do you subscribe to the STTM theories on Thyroid issues or rely on your own Physician/labs ?
http://www.livestrong.com/article/549969-can-acetyl-l-carnitine-be-taken-with-levothyroxine/

I am hypothyroid, carnitine supplements definitely decreased my available T3/T4 levels.
DIM also interfered with my thyroid levels. If your TSH-T3/T4 axis works normally, then your body will just adjust
your TSH higher when you take these. For me, I could feel the difference within a few days.
They use carnitine to lesson T3/T4 levels in Hyperthyroid patients.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow interesting... plus I was supping with ALCAR/Carnitine Tartrate to help my Free T levels among other things. I have some symptoms of hypo-t, although my lab levels were normal for the last several labs. Do you subscribe to the STTM theories on Thyroid issues or rely on your own Physician/labs ?
I don't want to hijack someone else's thread. I'll be quick. 12yrs ago I had a TSH of 17 and multi-nodule goiter, and no symptoms other than
I had to control how much that I ate, or get fat. No, I do not worry about my body temps. Too much T3, caused me high SHBG, and consequently low FT.
Over doing thyroid meds was a bad idea.

Thunder13

Awards
ok Gotcha and I understand..but thanks very valuable info..
I don't want to hijack someone else's thread. I'll be quick. 12yrs ago I had a TSH of 17 and multi-nodule goiter, and no symptoms other than
I had to control how much that I ate, or get fat. No, I do not worry about my body temps. Too much T3, caused me high SHBG, and consequently low FT.

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
Hijack away my friend!

IronTitan41

IronTitan41

Awards
in the case of supplements...

more isnt always better. stick to your bare essentials honestly. use a natty test booster to help you boost up your test levels. something like activate extreme by driven sports even has positive effects on shbg

Thunder13

Awards
Thank you not sure who this was for,but I may give the Activate Extreme a Try !
in the case of supplements...

more isnt always better. stick to your bare essentials honestly. use a natty test booster to help you boost up your test levels. something like activate extreme by driven sports even has positive effects on shbg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pro Bodybuilding 41
35 and Older 7
General Chat 0
Supplements 1
Supplements 0