Test cyp being metabolized too fast?

clayboy_123

Awards
I am prescribed 200 mg per week. I also take vyvanse every day and drink on average about 6 beers on the weekend. About 2 days before my next weekly injection is due, I start to feel like crap. Would either the vyvanse or beer be accelerating the metabolism of the testosterone ?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
It's because test cyp. needs to be injected at a minimum of once every 5 days. Most on these forums seem to inject 2x/week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200mg a week will likely have you over the physiological levels for the first 2-3 days, with the peak around 24-36 hours post injection. You would drop throughout the week, but that is a high TRT dose and I don't think you would be dropping to a range low enough to be attributed to the test. In your other post you mention drinking beer over the weekend and then feeling like crap before your next shot. Well, duh. :) Without knowing any of your testing to get here or why you are on TRT, I can tell you that 200mg of test is going to aromatize quite a bit and drinking beer is adding to it substantially. You probably are a wreck with e2 issues after drinking and taking that much test.

Suggestion:
Lower the test injections and go 2x a week. If you must do 200mg, then do 100 e3.5d. Get labs and see where your test, free test, shbg, and e2 sits (better yet, get a full hormone panel with CBC). Look into an AI, either prescription or transdermal. .....and the worst part- maybe don't drink beer all the time. Beer is notorious for affecting estrogen levels more than other alcohols for some reason.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
It was late and I overlooked they part about no AI when on a single 200mg shot per week. I completely agree that there are likely some e2 issue in effect here too.