Triazole for low T. Is it O.K for a male low in estradiol?

brianlukey

Awards
I just got back my lab results from ZRT. I'm 46 years old. They showed I was low in total T, free T, and estradiol.

Estradiol was less than 10 (range 12-56 pg/mL)

Total T was 382 (range 400-1200 ng/dL)

Free Testosterone Index (equal to T/SHBG) was 0.4 (range 0.7-1.0)

IGF was 108 (range 100-300 ng/dL)

These were all from blood spots.

I'm going to test a few different supplements head to head before catching a ride on the TRT train. This first lab test gives me a way to see the "before" and "after" numbers.

The first batter up to the hormonal plate will be Triazole. My big question is about my lab result report saying: "Estradiol is lower than range for a male. Symptoms/conditions associated with persistently low estrogens include hot flashes, night sweats, and bone loss. Low estradiol can be attributed to low aromatase, caused by genetic conditions or use of natural (herbal) or medicinal aromatase inhibitors."

I have had a small number of night sweats. I'm wondering if a herbal aromatase inhibitor like Triazole could be contraindicated in my case - someone starting off with a too low level of estradiol. Comments anyone? Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

brianlukey

Awards
I found this information at the Life Extension website:

"Low Free Testosterone, Low Estrogen, Low Testosterone: This situation suggests low production of testosterone, with resultant low conversion to estrogen.

Suggestions include:

Use testosterone patches or creams. If tests reveal low levels of LH, ask your physician about the possibility of using human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG).

HCG functions in a manner similar to that of LH, thus helping to stimulate the leydig cells of the testes to produce more testosterone.

Take DHEA: 25 – 75 mg daily, followed by blood tests in 3-6 weeks; consider starting at a lower dose and increase as indicated. For additional information on

DHEA, refer to the DHEA Restoration Therapy protocol.

Tribulus fruit extract (40% saponins): 450 mg daily"

Okay, so maybe a supplement that includes an aromatase inhibitor would not be the best thing to try.
It seems I need to test my LH level. I'd like to try the natural supplements first, like AgeForce T. patch, Life Extension Super Mira Forte, or Triazole, before diving head first into testosterone creme.
Comments anyone? I'm a bit lost at this point with so many plausible options in front of me.... Thx.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes redo your labs do then all in the morning fasting doing blood tests. Blood Spot labs are not very good just think about it you put a drop of blood on some paper and send it off in the mail.

Stop the Triazole a week before redoing your labs doing a search on it it says it lowers E2 Estradiol I never heard of this but who knows. I have seen blood spot labs for sex hormones and they are all over the place high and low just a very bad way to test Hormones. And Saliva labs are only good for low Cortisol levels so don't waste your money on them.

brianlukey

Awards
I've been informed that a new formulation of Activate Xtreme is due out soon. And that this would be a better choice in my case (which includes a low level of estradiol that is off the chart). I think I'll give it a go.

Does anyone know how the new Activate Xtreme formulation compares to the old one? (I could always email them and ask, but if you have this information already please post it here.)

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
You should really give Testo100 a trail. Amazing t-boosting effects as well as body comp